criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Darth Maul Should Have A Quick Block Ability

Sgt_Fergus
2245 posts Member
edited February 2018
Don't get me wrong Maul is amazing. I just don't get why he doesn't. I don't see a huge advantage of LB and B on my xbox controller just do the same exact action move of lunging. It is rather pointless and could serve a better purpose. I know they don't want to make Maul OP as he has this fair balance so instead what if the LB that is usually using for saber heroes to block, it is used by maul as a block but his blocks have to be well timed, adding a level of skill. you can't just hold it and block. you have to press it at the right time to deflect a saber strike or a blaster bolt. Holding will not do anything as it is a quick block. And if you are deflecting multiple blaster fire you eat away at your stamina faster so it's not a huge benefit but only in cases where you really need to you it. That way it is a risk/reward situation. So it won't make Maul any stronger or weaker at base level but at skill level he can be better if you play him right.

Replies

• It'd make sense for him to have SOME manner of blocking option tbh, yeah.

Hell, he fights blasters and sabers aplenty in Clone Wars. It does feel a bit strange that he hasn't got the dueling ability on here. (Unless R2R2R2R2R2R2 counts as "dueling" )
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • He has a double bladed light saber that he used to block effortlessly with in the movie.... Dont recall him quick lunging anywhere in this fashion... Should really be a major part of his fighting style to be honest...
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2245 posts Member
    Angrycuban wrote: »
    He has a double bladed light saber that he used to block effortlessly with in the movie.... Dont recall him quick lunging anywhere in this fashion... Should really be a major part of his fighting style to be honest...

ya i liked how he could quick block Qui-gon jinn and obi-wan at the same time. I would think instead of 2 buttons that do the same thing for dodge, they should make it quick block. something you can't hold but had to press be just before getting hit, well timed, so it still requires skill and you have like a fraction of a second to press before getting hit by a blaster or saber to block it otherwise it will hit. Imagine the people smashing the left trigger like crazy trying to block at the blaster shots coming at them.