criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

New Darth Vader’s choke...

It straight up sucks!!! I know we experienced a ton of glitches before but when it actually worked...it was extremely awesome...breaking necks of rebel scum...droping heroes off the map...it was extremely satisfying...it was a significant improvement from the last battlefront(2015) and we all loved it and now(after patch 1.2) it barely gives us 2 secs to work with!! And deals only 128 damage...WHY!!! We all want the previous force choke where we had to spam R2/RT to deal damage over time...but an updated one with no glitches (like abilities stopped working,leia stuck on sec fire,etc.) Battlefront 2 is the best star wars game for me both graphically and gamplay-vise...So I’m sure these changes will be effective for everyone....i hope my feedback helps....?

Replies

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Royazeee wrote: »
    It straight up sucks!!! I know we experienced a ton of glitches before but when it actually worked...it was extremely awesome...breaking necks of rebel scum...droping heroes off the map...it was extremely satisfying...it was a significant improvement from the last battlefront(2015) and we all loved it and now(after patch 1.2) it barely gives us 2 secs to work with!! And deals only 128 damage...WHY!!! We all want the previous force choke where we had to spam R2/RT to deal damage over time...but an updated one with no glitches (like abilities stopped working,leia stuck on sec fire,etc.) Battlefront 2 is the best star wars game for me both graphically and gamplay-vise...So I’m sure these changes will be effective for everyone....i hope my feedback helps....?

Thats why i went back to swbf2015, weapons, heroes, everything is just way better, walker assault is fantastic and the weapons feel like blasters. The game even looks/sounds way better.
  • csmason85
    184 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    IonYaleY wrote: »

There is something you disregard. before, Vader was getting stuck in the choking animation. Nonetheless, he is not anymore!

not true his choke is still buggy you can still get stuck in choke with vader where camera locks on him and you cant do anything but follow him around till you or he dies
  • ive had it happen atleast twice In last 2 days also the shaking all over bug from before is still there as well
  • I suspect it was changed not only because it was sorta confusing and sluggish to learn, but also because the huge number of bugs it presented made it nonviable to dedicate heaps of time and resources to fix. From the shaking camera, to the choke that cancelled instantly, to being stuck in the animation and completely disabling hero abilities, it was just too much. I prefer this new one although it does need some more work.
  • IonYaleY wrote: »
    csmason85 wrote: »
    IonYaleY wrote: »

There is something you disregard. before, Vader was getting stuck in the choking animation. Nonetheless, he is not anymore!

not true his choke is still buggy you can still get stuck in choke with vader where camera locks on him and you cant do anything but follow him around till you or he dies

Weird. I practiced him several times and did not see such a thing.

Here's an example.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/100035/i-think-vaders-choke-might-have-to-be-rolled-back#latest
  • FYI dont get mind tricked it will lock you in the animation and I couldnt unlock myself by casting it again so its not fixed in that regard.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Random123 wrote: »
    FYI dont get mind tricked it will lock you in the animation and I couldnt unlock myself by casting it again so its not fixed in that regard.

So many issues with this game as of late, not sure how DICE managed to go from SWBF2015 to this pile of ****.