criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Graphic Problem on XBOX One after the patch 1.2

Hello fellows!
Have you, Xbox one users, noticed a low graphic quality and image freezing after the patch 1.2?
I hope DICE is working really really hard to fix this problem. I've really got disappointed now :-/

Replies

• XxNoBodyBlodsxX
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, I noticed:/ Really hope that DICE is working right now to fix this problem. Because this removes immersion to the game :(

@FireWall @Sledgehammer70 @petervesti_dice @T0TALfps
    Post edited by XxNoBodyBlodsxX on
  • Sardaukar1977
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have noticed this as well, very difficult to play when it is so noticeable, it looks like the graphics have been downgraded to 720 p, it is like EA is trying to force us Xbox One and Xbox One S users to upgrade to the Xbox One X...total disappointment, please fix this problem soon!

@FireWall @Sledgehammer70 @petervesti_dice @T0TALfps
    Post edited by Sardaukar1977 on
  • Ok, I'm glad it's not just me. Graphics quality is significantly worse and lag was terrible last night.
  • I haven't seen any difference personally, but I'm on a standard XB1, are you guys all on the 1X or are you seeing it on the standard model as well?

I've seen others bring this up as well, so it's not an isolated incident by any means, I'm just not effected it my old eyes aren't good enough to notice the difference.
  • Octavius,
    My Xbox One is the standard version too.
  • Why do people @ devs?
  • I haven't seen any difference personally, but I'm on a standard XB1, are you guys all on the 1X or are you seeing it on the standard model as well?

I've seen others bring this up as well, so it's not an isolated incident by any means, I'm just not effected it my old eyes aren't good enough to notice the difference.

Standard xb1. Was gorgeous pre patch. Now looks like I'm playing on an old TV with bad tubes. Remember when TVs had tubes?
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Why do people @ devs?

Feedback, I guess
  • I played an invisible round of strike on x1 the other night.

At first I thought it would be sweet stealth mode... but everyone else was invisible as well and I'm pretty sure they could all see me but I couldn't see a thing.

Needless to say after 2 respawns and 2 deaths I was out like a box of donuts at the police station.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    I haven't seen any difference personally, but I'm on a standard XB1, are you guys all on the 1X or are you seeing it on the standard model as well?

Standard xb1. Was gorgeous pre patch. Now looks like I'm playing on an old TV with bad tubes. Remember when TVs had tubes?

Yeah I remember old tvs, the first TV I ever owned was an old black and white (it was an old TV at the time, I'm old but not pre-color TV old :p ) that had a cord literally held together by electrical tape.

I remember the first time seeing how amazing DVDs looked compared to VHS, and how blown away I was the first time I saw a football game in HD and I couldn't stop talking about how I could actually read everybody's jerseys and tell who the players were st all times.

I've been splitting my game time between BF2 and mount and blade warband, so maybe looking at that awsome but horrible looking game is throwing off my judgement of how good BF2 currently looks. Hopefully they get it worked out soon, because now that I know it's not just an X1X issue I'll be looking for it all the time.
  • Sardaukar1977
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I am on an Xbox One S, I haven't noticed any lag really, except well finding matches seems to be slower, but the gameplay is fine, its just the bad graphics, looks standard Xbox graphics....again 720p, I have to sit further back from the TV because it is so distracting. I prefer to play closer to the screen as it is more immersive. again DICE and EA need to fix this problem, because I haven't been playing near as much since I noticed this, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, messing with the xbox one s graphic settings, to no avail... so I know it is not my equipment since other games look way better, even Star Trek Online, which is sad..
  • I noticed reduced quality of graphics the day the patch was released. I thought it was a setting on my TV, but they were all normal. I'm on a standard XBox One.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • yeah me too, I thought it was just me at first and today is the first day I could find anyone posting about this issue, it has been driving me nuts, I thought I was losing my mind. Sorry you guys are having issues too, but I am glad it isn't just me and I know its the patch...
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sledgehammer on Twitter said they knew about it and was working on a fix

• dada_shift wrote: »

Wow, that is weird looking, and really noticeable, maybe I haven't been effected. If I have it might be time to see an eye doctor because I'm not sure how I would miss that.
  • I have tried all the fixes that people have posted online about it, nothing works, resetting the XBOX one, reinstalling, so I guess we will just have to wait on them to fix the problem with another patch, but that may be a while.
  • dada_shift wrote: »

Wow, that is weird looking, and really noticeable, maybe I haven't been effected. If I have it might be time to see an eye doctor because I'm not sure how I would miss that.

Honestly I think the problem may be limited to only the Xbox One Standard and Xbox One S, I haven't seen anyone saying it affected the Xbox One X yet.. and considering they payed for a 4k level game graphics setting, they would have most definitely noticed I would think..
  • I have tried all the fixes that people have posted online about it, nothing works, resetting the XBOX one, reinstalling, so I guess we will just have to wait on them to fix the problem with another patch, but that may be a while.

I hate to be that guy, but did you make sure you did a full hard reset of your XB1? I only ask because I know a lot of people do by know that you need to hold down the power button untill it shuts all the way down, then unplug the power pack from the back (I usually unplug the power brick as well, and I reset my internet while I'm at it just to save time and to make sure it gets done). Wait a bit, not much time is needed but I give it thirty seconds or so before plugging it all back in. This will fully clear your catch and memory (not save games and the like, just temporary memory)

Again, sorry if you knew all this already, but maybe someone who doesn't know will see it and it will help them with some problem.
  • I play standard Xbox one and it doesn't look pixelated at all like that. I wonder if it has to do with console always on. I'm away from home a lot so mine turns all the way off when I'm not playing and has to load all the way up on startup .

I hate to be that guy, but did you make sure you did a full hard reset of your XB1? I only ask because I know a lot of people do by know that you need to hold down the power button untill it shuts all the way down, then unplug the power pack from the back (I usually unplug the power brick as well, and I reset my internet while I'm at it just to save time and to make sure it gets done). Wait a bit, not much time is needed but I give it thirty seconds or so before plugging it all back in. This will fully clear your catch and memory (not save games and the like, just temporary memory)

Again, sorry if you knew all this already, but maybe someone who doesn't know will see it and it will help them with some problem.

yeah thanks, but I have tried all that, nothing is working.. I tried it multiple times to be sure..
  • Just updated, it's all good now. Graphics look like they should again.
  • The update has fixed this?
  • The update has fixed this?

Yes :smiley:
  • Oops! Sorry guys, i didn’t notice this thread when I made mine. Glad to see that its all fixed up now.

Thanks devs! Looking forward to getting back from work and jumping back in! B)
  • That's what you get for having a garbage system
  • Still getting pixelated smoke though
  • For it's ok now
  • Slither wrote: »
    That's what you get for having a garbage system

Whoa...youtube pre-teen alert lol
  • SVEJ
    1027 posts Member
    LOL WUT? game looks better now than it did before, not sure what dice did but they improved the graphics, i think they removed the film grain from the settings, not sure why they added that in the first place.