criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This game and these characters should be so much more

I know I'm late with this sort of thing, but does anyone else feel that just being able to choose between three abilities and mashing r2 gets a little stale? Why can't there be some variety, like performing button combos to do certain moves or abilities outside of your special moves? Or maybe creating more specials and allowing us to pick which ones we want to level up and use? I also feel that there should be a way to break out of other characters specials somehow to spice things up some, too. I always catch myself wondering what this game could be like while playing. I pretty much exclusively play HvV, so that's where most of my input is coming from.

As for the game itself, I was thinking earlier why there couldn't be modes like for racing? Say, episode 1 or speeder bikes type courses. There aren't any other Star Wars racing games out right now that I know of... Why can't there be random elements that help to make this feel like an open world sand box game, I mean isn't that what we all really want? I guess I already know the answer to that, but again, I end up seeing everything this game could be when I play and just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same.