criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Starfighter Assault Star Cards

Hi all, I'd like to know what star cards everyone is using for each class in starfighter assault. I'm about to purple out each class but I'm really stuck on what I should be choosing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PSN: LW7CK

Replies

• I usually go for the defensive cards since I don’t like to die instantly. Don’t play much though so ask someone else.
  • For my Bomber, I run Reinforced Hull, Advanced Capacitors, and Engine Upgrade. (More health, more gun time, faster ship)

- My strategy for a game where they're available is to grab my bomber, PTO until I have points for a hero ship, grab a hero ship, and wreck the enemy fighters.

For my Fighter, I run Advanced Torpedos, Targeting Computer, and Engine Upgrade. (Stronger torpedos, less lock on time, faster ship)

- This is a torpedo build. I come in high or low, fire a torpedo, finish with guns on a hit. Lather, rinse, repeat. If you get a damaged enemy all you need is the torpedos.

For my Interceptor, I run Elite Pilot, Fire Control Cycler, and Advanced Capacitors. (Better turn rate, better ROF, more gun time)

- This is a laser build. I use my maneuverability and big guns to dogfight.
  • Hope this helps @CheekyLandos let me know if there's a specific one you'd like an opinion on.

Fighter:
    • Reinforced Hull (epic priority)
    • Tuned Lasers (pref) / Fighter Weapon System
    • Advanced Torpedos

Interceptor:
    • Fire Control Cycler
    • Advanced Capacitors
    • Elite Pilot

Maul's Scimitar:
    • Advanced Capacitors
    • Deadly Ambusher
    • Fire Control Cycler

Poe Dameron's T-70 X-Wing:
    • Experienced Leader (pref)/ Trusty Companion
    • Advanced Torpedos (pref)/ Tuned Lasers

Boba Fett's Slave 1:
    • Repair Systems (pref)/ Engine Upgrade
    • Heavy Seismic Charge

So those are my top 5 ships, they're what I play the most and what I'm best with. If you'd like ideas for any other ships please let me know ;)
  • This is what I run:

Bomber
    • Bomber Defensive Upgrade
    • Bomber Weapon Systems
    • Reinforced Hull or Advanced Torpedoes depending on map/objective

I may be switching Advanced Torpedoes for Advanced Capacitors

Fighter
    • Engine Upgrade
    • Fighter Weapon Systems
    • Reinforced Hull

Interceptor
    • Advanced Capacitors
    • Elite Pilot
    • Fire Control Cycler
  • Thank you all very much
    PSN: LW7CK
  • Fighter:
    • Tuned Lasers - A little bit more damage dealt.
    • Reinforced Hull - A little more health.
    • Fighter Defensive Upgrade (if the ship has an Astromech) or Repair Systems (if no Astromech) - Lets me get back in the fight more quickly after taking damage.

Interceptor:
    • Tuned Lasers - more damage.
    • Advanced Capacitors - more damage.
    • Fire Control Cycler - more damage.

Bomber:
    • Tuned Lasers - more damage.
    • Advanced Capacitors - more damage.
    • Bomber Defensive Upgrade (if the ship has an Astromech) or Bomber Weapon Systems (more damage from missile barrage) - keeps me alive longer or deals more damage to Objectives.

I play as a Fighter most of the time. It's not as agile as the Interceptor, but it can take more damage. I think the Interceptor is too fragile, but I hate having one on my tail when I'm playing as a Fighter because they're incredibly hard to shake. I have everything at Blue level right now. Works pretty well for my play style, which is to play the Objective and take out targets of opportunity when available. I mainly use dumb-fired missiles on Objectives because enemy ships can usually dodge a missile unless it's fired from the right spot. I'd rather just use the guns.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • I would also add that having the ion turret to blue helps a lot but I only equip it for the bombers that use it. It fires on its own and slows and damages enemies which makes for easy kills. If the bomber doesn’t use ion turret swap it.
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    qcja1fxd2d33.bmp
    lisbkm1hvlqv.bmp
    nynsgaf7gomf.bmp

This is what I usually use, although I do swap out the advanced capacitors for engine upgrade on the Interceptor, if I'm the CIS.
  • For Bomber (if light side and available) I start off the game with Reinforced Hull, Tuned Lasers and Defensive Upgrade all purpled out. It makes you a tank able to both take and dish out amazing damage. The defensive upgrade keeps your Ion Turret going longer. I may or may not try out Advanced Torpedoes for extra damage to objectives.

My aim is to stick with Bomber for the first phase and rack up enough BP for at least two Hero ships. Usually after 1 or 2 deaths I can return and would recommend either Poe or Luke for the light side.

If playing as the Empire or the Light Side on non-Bomber maps I usually go with the Fighter as I can't stand the Empire Tie Bomber and run Reinforced Hull, Tuned Lasers and either Repair Systems or Defensive Upgrade.

Best Dark Side Hero ships to run with are Fett's Slave 1 (buff the Seismic charge to at least Epic for max trolling!), Maul's Scimitar and Kylo Ren's Tie.

I don't play Interceptor much as I find them too twitchy and too fragile but the most essential card aside from buffing your laser damage is the Elite Pilot for the tight turn rate.
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Fighter:
    • Tuned Lasers
    • Engine Upgrade - For dem air brakes!
    • Fighter Weapon Systems - Love the quad laser/barrage (buttgun is cool, but I normally switch to Interceptor instead)

Interceptor:
    • Tuned Lasers
    • Advanced Capacitors
    • Fire Control Cycler

Bomber:
    • Tuned Lasers
    • Advanced Capacitors
    • Bomber Weapon Systems - Love the Ion Cannon on light side, not a fan of the weaksauce 3x missile

I basically always fly fighter, with some bomber thrown in, esp. Unknown Regions (I crash less, lol), and interceptor on Kamino or anyplace they make me use the buttgun (not always though, since mine is purple, it's beast)

The interceptor loadout is really fun, because on the levels with a heat sink (ex. Tri- Fighter), it's basically an inexhaustible flying laser cannon. (Lasers + More Lasers + Laser Barrage = One dead target.....usually)

All purple except the Advanced Capacitors on the bomber......for a little while longer

I would tell you my strats, but I've never been top of the leaderboard yet, so they're obviously not working! :p
    (closest I've gotten is like 2nd, and max kills less than 30)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't worry about defensive upgrades, not now - or maybe ever! There's so much space debris and meteors out there, and nothing defensive-able you purchase will counter that!! Getting shot down not awesome, but pile-driving the Falcon into a floating piece of junk is far worse!... So, as a result, I go for cards that yield b.p. (sans the reinforced hull for the fighter class in GA - it's the cheapest fighter and most of the time in GA there's those classic barrage standoffs, so for that fighter only, it's worth the purple card). Everything else keep it in attack mode.

The mundane-sounding stuff is really nice when you stack it with other stuff, like torpedoes + targeting computer. Stacking is everything in SA. That can get you in the 80th percentile on the leader board.

And just because you're rocking purple, doesn't mean you won't get steamrolled by a single white card w/2 empties!
    Gh6GmAs.gif

mrotjo2x0sji.jpg
    9bxb2as1xe6k.jpg
    nw2av7r0ytkp.jpg

Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• univurshul wrote: »

And just because you're rocking purple, doesn't mean you won't get steamrolled by a single white card w/2 empties!

Agreed, skill makes all the difference. When I first started, I could fly a bomber into almost any of the objectives because, "it's just too darned fast!" Having a full purple load out would not have changed that. Put in some time and now I can whip around Phase 2 of the Unknown Regions in a interceptor full bore on burners with nary a scratch. I still get shot down A LOT though.
  • univurshul wrote: »

Gh6GmAs.gif

This is so true, and why new players shouldn't get hung up on not having good/enough cards. No matter how many purple cards you have, you will always have some random level 0 X-wing come out of nowhere and take you out, from time to time. Usually when you're concentrating on something else, but not always. ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Hi all, I'd like to know what star cards everyone is using for each class in starfighter assault. I'm about to purple out each class but I'm really stuck on what I should be choosing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I purpled every starfighter card except the interceptors afterburner cooldown and tactical jammer. But I do use every one of them depending on what the scenario is.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs