criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Alternate Era Base Maps?

I remember hearing this mentioned at some point that it was in the foreseeable future that we’ll receive alternative versions of our current maps set in different eras. Which of these would make the most sense with the least amount of changes? Which would everyone like to see the most?
I know I’d love to see an Imperial Kashyyyk, but I have no idea how it’d make sense the way the objectives are laid out. I guess Mos Eisley is a good all-rounder, maybe Crait could be altered into “Current Rebel Base” instead of abandoned? Imperial Theed perhaps? I’d like to hear what everyone thinks about this because to me it’s perplexing how it’d be done
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• No i want new maps ive played the **** out of them already.
  • Stormtroopers attack old republic cruiser used as base for rebels housing refugees.
    You have to disable the at-ats outside of it.

On theed, rebels steal a walker and try to rescue the queen.

Like the crait idea.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Imperial theed technically exists in the campaign so I'd like to see it in multiplayer. But for now, I'd rather have more bug fixes and new content before any resources go into map era variants.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • None. I like them to stay in their respective eras.

But there are many that would make sense.
  • I know basically any PT map could be turned imperial, but are there really any other maps that’d make sense shifted into a clone wars battle?
    No i want new maps ive played the **** out of them already.
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    None. I like them to stay in their respective eras.

But there are many that would make sense.
    I’d prefer new maps as well, but it was stated by a dev in January we will see old maps in alternate eras so I’m just trying to see what everyone thinks would be possible.

Also I think Imperial Kashyyyk may make the best sense in a reversed layout. Maybe it’s a riot and the destroyer is being used to take rebel prisoners so P1 is the empire secures the hangar bay, then P2 is power up the Walkers(instead of juggernauts), then P3 is march the walkers to the beach to destroy their escape transport?
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif