criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

DC-15

Koh toh yah community!

I'm hoping this post gets recognition as it talks about something I'd really love to see in the game:
An assault variant of the DC-15.

The current DC-15 blaster rifles we have in game are low-damage, high rate of fire heavy class weapons. (Clone/Republic default). This is clearly due to the weapons use in "Attack of the Clones" in which we see many Clone Troopers holding the rifle under-arm and see the weapon fire very quickly.
However: In the Clone Wars we see this rifle used more often in - what would be on Battlefront II - an assault style. This is how I, and many others, have come to see this weapon.
Using the weapon in this way would see the rifle carried with the shoulder-but against the players shoulder in the following way: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5c/CloneDC15A_-Fathead.png/revision/latest?cb=20161108062224

This version of the weapon would have a slightly slower rate of fire than the DC-15A (the Clone/Republic Assault Class default weapon) but a longer range. Perhaps also more impressive cooling power.

Mods for this weapon could be reduced recoil, improved zoom and heavy shot (a shot that does slightly more damage) or something like that - these are obviously just ideas.

I'd love to see a wider range of Clone Wars era weapons on both sides.

Thanks.

Replies

• Couldnt agree more, we need more guns. Also, guns like the FMW10K should look like the TL-21 for the empire, so that continuity is correct. Otherwise it is really annoying.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • I think that the DC-15 should have a 2-burst shot
  • vonVile
    306 posts Member
    I think that the DC-15 should have a 2-burst shot

DC-15 should just do more damage in general. It needs a good 10-15% boost. Its annoying shooting an opponent in the face with Explosive Shot and it takes your whole load out to get the job done.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    vonVile wrote: »

DC-15 should just do more damage in general. It needs a good 10-15% boost. Its annoying shooting an opponent in the face with Explosive Shot and it takes your whole load out to get the job done.

They nerfed explosive shot, you will have better results if you were to not use it.
    -TMFgun3r
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member

its just fine.
    TMF wrote: »

They nerfed explosive shot, you will have better results if you were to not use it.

wasnt a nerf, a fix.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Personally I think making a semi automatic variant for the assualt class and giving it the damage buff as previously recommended would work, considering in the clone wars it seems to be more often then not used in that way. Make it more like a marksman rifle on the assualt class, but the slow rate of fire would work too. Either way I really want to see this happen, it being put onto the assualt that is..
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    DO IT!

i would love to see a DC-15 blaster that feels like the T-21 from Battlefront 2015, but held like the assault rifles.

while youre at it...how about a short DC-15 with a higher rate of fire for the heavy? like an SMG? so that both classes can use both rifles in a way that fits their classes playstyle.
  • Juuuushy wrote: »
    Koh toh yah community!

I'm hoping this post gets recognition as it talks about something I'd really love to see in the game:
    An assault variant of the DC-15.

The current DC-15 blaster rifles we have in game are low-damage, high rate of fire heavy class weapons. (Clone/Republic default). This is clearly due to the weapons use in "Attack of the Clones" in which we see many Clone Troopers holding the rifle under-arm and see the weapon fire very quickly.
    However: In the Clone Wars we see this rifle used more often in - what would be on Battlefront II - an assault style. This is how I, and many others, have come to see this weapon.
    Using the weapon in this way would see the rifle carried with the shoulder-but against the players shoulder in the following way: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5c/CloneDC15A_-Fathead.png/revision/latest?cb=20161108062224

This version of the weapon would have a slightly slower rate of fire than the DC-15A (the Clone/Republic Assault Class default weapon) but a longer range. Perhaps also more impressive cooling power.

Mods for this weapon could be reduced recoil, improved zoom and heavy shot (a shot that does slightly more damage) or something like that - these are obviously just ideas.

I'd love to see a wider range of Clone Wars era weapons on both sides.

Thanks.

Check out my topics about blaster and the DC-15 Rifle,

Indeed, the heavy class uses it set on the heavy repeater mode as seen used by many troopers in EpII, but they are seen using it aiming down sights, up against the shoulder in a battle rifle manner, shooting in semi-auto mode which seems to be crazy powerful at the impact (looking at the droideka scene) in the arena.

all we need is a more realistic blaster handling: switching fire mode, reloading, cooling flush to manage overheating, aiming down sights, etc.
  • vonVile wrote: »

Or else give the blaster the ability to fire more shots before overheating.
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »

Or else give the blaster the ability to fire more shots before overheating.

The DC-15 rifle needs to be more powerful than the carbine of the assault class, heavy repeater or not... just wait and see the Gamescom aftermath, they say to stay tuned for more news afterward, maybe the new blasters are part of it.