criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

My Advice for Dice- prioritize offline!

Prev1
Kyle2295
254 posts Member
edited June 2018
In a one word summary, the game is boring. Strip away its over the top graphics and its just not fun to play. It does not even come remotley close to the enjoyment of the originals that the game is named after.

Now, it is mine and many others opinion, that the original battlefront 2 from 2005 was the best way to experience star wars through a gaming platform. And your battlefront game should strive to hit the same feeling that that game gave us.

So, here are 5 essential things this game, or the next, needs to match the feeling of the originals:
- predominantley offline focus
- large, fully open maps
- much more content
- vehicles you can get in and out from
- galactic conquest

Star wars battlefront players have many different needs: people who like online, vs offline, people who like quick games, vs long games, people who like strict canon in games, vs people who like to be free to do whatever, people who aren't so good, vs people who are, people who like competetive play, vs people who like casual or roleplaying.

Thats a lot more needs than any other game, and its a hole heap of needs that are completly oppositional. That heavily constricts the game. By trying to please every one, you end up pleasing noone.

That leads me to the biggest mistake in this game, the online focus. Online is the worst way to deal with this intricate situation of opposing needs.

You guys make one small change to the multiplayer, people rage, you change it back, the other people rage. A continuous cycle. For example, you guys recently revealed new skins in the patch 1.2, something people have been asking for. A half of thevpeople want absolute freedom to play as lukes hoth skin where ever they want, the other half only wants to see that skin on hoth and hoth only. No matter what you guys do, prepare to cop some backlash.

The solution to all this is simple, make offline the focus. Then people wont have to deal with one anothers different views or play styles. The competitive can play that way or play multiplayer as a side addition, the casual can play casual, roleplayers can roleplay, people who want to play the empire vs the clones can do that, people who don't dont have to. Its so simple.

I think you guys would be surprised by the amount of skin purches you could get through microtransactions aswell. With less funds spent on extreme online maintenance, you could build loads of purchaseable content like maps and skins. They would work just like toys and merchandise and people would love them.

99ihd8uuqlvs.jpeg
13tu4sdvi84v.jpeg
-Darth Revan mod-

Just make a newer and better version of the original single player game and people will keep coming back to it for generations, like the original. Thats alot of microtransaction purchase potential.

Offline opens up the market significantly aswell. Many kids who arent aloud online could play the game, and maybe there parents would let them buy there favorite skin if they new it wasnt some gambling lootbox. And kids are the key to star wars merchandise.

You could still have multiplayer, but dont focus the game on it, rather have it as an optional side thing.

Offline could allow for more open maps which were always the best in og battlefront, plus star wars is filled with open maps so 1 its unavoidable, 2 its what people like in star wars. Seeing massive scale wars in space with big ships flying past that you want to get into.

qlvo57rdggkp.jpeg
3hk2sa2fzafn.jpeg

Which leads me onto the next thing, accessible vehicles. People love pretending to land there ship like a jedi, enter the ground battle, then take off again like it was a mission or something, or dropping troopers off onto the 'battlefront'. It opens up the world so much more. You dont feel so restricted. You feel like you could just take off and fly to a new planet at any moment.

pia90dae5cqp.jpeg
sseumtmf35oh.jpeg

GALACTIC CONQUEST. Galatic conquest was one of the flagships of og battlefront. It offered such a rich star warsy feel. Being the rebels and narrowly taking a planet from the empire, one by one. Then when you think you almost done for and you become a hero and easily take down 50 men. That was awesome! Online doesnt allow for the heroes to have quite that smae feeling like being able to mow down heaps of ai. Thats the kind of thing that makes you want to come back to the game.

3nhmjj7gct6f.jpeg
wxrxdgzx1sme.jpg

Offline would also allow for the heavily requested hanger to hanger space battles. That was probably the most notable and memorable part of og battlefront, and its no longing here.. what? Of course online is to blame for that one aswell. You guys said so yourselves...

l7iuxgkv4p48.jpeg

So theres my take on the situation. It seems a very simple answer to me that you guys dice and ea seem to find to scary to delve into. I heard the dice said they dont want to make a battlefiekd reskin, well here you go... make an offline game thats your experience in battlefield could still help with. Also, this could easily build back your reputation as developers of the star wars franchise and other games.

So, if you want to know why this game does not even nearly reach the levels of enjoyment and replayability of the originals, heres the answer: it is not nearly similar enough to the originals as it should be. You've taken away and changed everything great about those games and gave us this.

So I urge you to make the game more like the originals and more offline oriented in the future.

Thanks.
Post edited by Kyle2295 on

Replies

  • SVEJ
    1151 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Removed
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.

    So... are you agreeing with me?
  • Slither
    179 posts Member
    I feel like all the criticism is unwarranted as technically the game is unfinished and therefore should be judged once all the dlc and updates are over with
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I highly doubt they will take your advice considering its a multi player focussed game. Ignore MP and the playerbase will fly down

    What do you mean? Thats the whole point of my thread. I'm saying that it shouldn't be multiplayer focused. And do you really think the player base could drop lower than it already is?
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Slither wrote: »
    I feel like all the criticism is unwarranted as technically the game is unfinished and therefore should be judged once all the dlc and updates are over with

    Are you kidding me? Why should we have to wait years after purchase before we get the 'finished game'. So your saying any review of a game ever is not permitted to criticize the game upon release?

    And what do you think these forums are for? They are for bringing up criticisms and alerting the developers of problems with their game.

    God dam man, think!

  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Oojhl
  • Azgoth
    53 posts Member
    It will never happen!

    Firstly, I don't mean to sound rude but why would you want a BF2 2005 reskin? This is not that game... If I want to play that game I have it in multiple variations including on PC which almost any basic PC can now play and will be able to play forever.

    Secondly, games are tailored to their target audience. Which is primarily the younger generations. As many of these generations don't know offline only games they aren't going to want a game with priorities based on that. Besides the inclusion of friends anywhere in the world is a massive feature to games of today.

    Finally, all the money is in multiplayer and drip feeding DLC to end up with a game with all it's content. With the invention of high speed internet game makers don't have to release a game complete anymore like they did in the 2005 PS2 era. Doesn't mean they shouldn't but we all have to accept they won't or vote with your money and don't buy it! If content is an issue just buy games for half the price and year down the line when the extra content has been released. It's the toxic game industry of today I'm afraid.

    Modern shooters completely lack all emotion and heart favouring killstreaks and thats horrible but I don't think it means this game is a complete write off as bad!
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Azgoth wrote: »
    It will never happen!

    Firstly, I don't mean to sound rude but why would you want a BF2 2005 reskin? This is not that game... If I want to play that game I have it in multiple variations including on PC which almost any basic PC can now play and will be able to play forever.

    Secondly, games are tailored to their target audience. Which is primarily the younger generations. As many of these generations don't know offline only games they aren't going to want a game with priorities based on that. Besides the inclusion of friends anywhere in the world is a massive feature to games of today.

    Finally, all the money is in multiplayer and drip feeding DLC to end up with a game with all it's content. With the invention of high speed internet game makers don't have to release a game complete anymore like they did in the 2005 PS2 era. Doesn't mean they shouldn't but we all have to accept they won't or vote with your money and don't buy it! If content is an issue just buy games for half the price and year down the line when the extra content has been released. It's the toxic game industry of today I'm afraid.

    Modern shooters completely lack all emotion and heart favouring killstreaks and thats horrible but I don't think it means this game is a complete write off as bad!

    Firsty, this IS that game. Hence the title 'battlefront'. And anyone, including myself, who doesnt own a pc cant play that game.

    Secondly, if you read my post you would understand why I believe it would be best for everyone including the target audience if offline was priority. And are kids really the target audience? Or is it just nostalgia ridden fans. Why else would they choose not to focus more on the clone wars era?

    Lastly, but what ive said in my OP is that by focusing more on offline, more funds could go towards more content, and would therefore feel like a more full game.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Regardless of what I said in a previous thread about the game getting better, I still think the game desperately needs to be more involved with offline.
  • Starmasui73146
    1023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.

    Ummmm Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 Lucas Arts/ Pandemic was waaaaaaaaaaay more then just a Campaign bud.
    Azgoth wrote: »
    It will never happen!

    Firstly, I don't mean to sound rude but why would you want a BF2 2005 reskin? This is not that game... If I want to play that game I have it in multiple variations including on PC which almost any basic PC can now play and will be able to play forever.
    The reason is simple, the game is insanely fun and why shouldn’t we want a graphic updated version? You miss the fact that it’s graphics are dated. It is crazy fun but it’s visuals are not the frostbite engine.


    Azgoth wrote: »
    Secondly, games are tailored to their target audience. Which is primarily the younger generations. As many of these generations don't know offline only games they aren't going to want a game with priorities based on that.


    Ummmmmm what? LMAO :D Are you freakin’ kidding me? Do you know how many of my young friends play in large groups of 10 playing Super Smash Mario Brothers? They get together to play it at least twice a month. That game is old dude. There ages range from 13 up to 19. That is totally Offline, where are you getting your statistics from?
    “There is always hope.”
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.

    Ummmm Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 Lucas Arts/ Pandemic was waaaaaaaaaaay more then just a Campaign bud.

    Fully. I don't remember the game because of the campaign, I remember it because of everything else.
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.

    Ummmm Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 Lucas Arts/ Pandemic was waaaaaaaaaaay more then just a Campaign bud.

    Fully. I don't remember the game because of the campaign, I remember it because of everything else.
    Thank you, candle held high, candle held way high.

    “There is always hope.”
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    The ai is so bad in this game if they made the focus on offline I would immediately uninstall.

    The comparison to the og's being offline focused is a bad comparison, they were made where most console players didn't have the ability to play online, console mp was just getting started and the online adapter for the ps2 cost more than a system did at that point.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    But dice sucks and should stick to battlefield, dice cant make a decent sequel, only amazing sequel they ever did was Bad Company 2. Mirrors edge 2 sucks and so does swbf2

    I disagree as Battlefield 4 is excellent. It’s five years old at this point and I’m hooked on it
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • I agree with the TC. However, in this day and age, the younger generation knows only offline. I think they should have made both equal priority: Full parity between offline/online.
  • tankertoad
    5720 posts Member
    I agree with a lot of what you said except for everything talking about offline. In fact I have the full opposite opinion - that all offline content should have been bottom barrel. I didn't buy a single player game. I bought a multiplayer game. I want to play a multiplayer game.

    Vehicles , multi-stage battles , all that other stuff sounds good though.

    If this was an offline kiddie game I wouldn't even be here.

    And as ive long repeated, the real problem with this title is it tried to accommodate everyone. And therefore accommodate no one. All the people that wanted a story mode so badly. . well we spent time and money on a bad story mode.

    EA would have given better leadership and Direction by creating a better multiplayer and getting a single player off in close order.

    When you say the focus should be on offline content, what you're saying is you don't want a multiplayer game. You've got to be able to divide your desire for a multiplayer game and your desire for a single player game. And trying to mash them into one title has proved unworthy.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • mastery0ta
    5760 posts Member
    Arcade is becoming increasingly better as time moves on. I personally love online and offline play. I feel they've found a good balance. Conquest will make this game last, for a loong time. Battlefield 4 mentioned above is a great example, I still find full games on ps4
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you said except for everything talking about offline. In fact I have the full opposite opinion - that all offline content should have been bottom barrel. I didn't buy a single player game. I bought a multiplayer game. I want to play a multiplayer game.

    Vehicles , multi-stage battles , all that other stuff sounds good though.

    If this was an offline kiddie game I wouldn't even be here.

    And as ive long repeated, the real problem with this title is it tried to accommodate everyone. And therefore accommodate no one. All the people that wanted a story mode so badly. . well we spent time and money on a bad story mode.

    EA would have given better leadership and Direction by creating a better multiplayer and getting a single player off in close order.

    When you say the focus should be on offline content, what you're saying is you don't want a multiplayer game. You've got to be able to divide your desire for a multiplayer game and your desire for a single player game. And trying to mash them into one title has proved unworthy.

    Well it all depends on how well they program the ai to determine weather it's a "kiddie" game or not. I think they should have mostly ai with say 9 other players in a match.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The ai is so bad in this game if they made the focus on offline I would immediately uninstall.

    The comparison to the og's being offline focused is a bad comparison, they were made where most console players didn't have the ability to play online, console mp was just getting started and the online adapter for the ps2 cost more than a system did at that point.

    But if it were offline focused the ai wouldn't be nearly as bad. Take a look at any other single player game. If they done it right, they could dominate a bug whole in the market to- since every game is online these days.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you said except for everything talking about offline. In fact I have the full opposite opinion - that all offline content should have been bottom barrel. I didn't buy a single player game. I bought a multiplayer game. I want to play a multiplayer game.

    Vehicles , multi-stage battles , all that other stuff sounds good though.

    If this was an offline kiddie game I wouldn't even be here.

    And as ive long repeated, the real problem with this title is it tried to accommodate everyone. And therefore accommodate no one. All the people that wanted a story mode so badly. . well we spent time and money on a bad story mode.

    EA would have given better leadership and Direction by creating a better multiplayer and getting a single player off in close order.

    When you say the focus should be on offline content, what you're saying is you don't want a multiplayer game. You've got to be able to divide your desire for a multiplayer game and your desire for a single player game. And trying to mash them into one title has proved unworthy.

    Well it all depends on how well they program the ai to determine weather it's a "kiddie" game or not. I think they should have mostly ai with say 9 other players in a match.

    Take gta online for example. Thats what I think the multuplayer should be like. Except obviously it wouldnt be free fo all.
  • Batman20
    1444 posts Member
    the majority of people play online with this game. Why would they then forget about the majority and focus on the minority who just play offline.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    the majority of people play online with this game. Why would they then forget about the majority and focus on the minority who just play offline.

    You've really got to think these things over...
    Of course the majority plays online, because thats the focus. You can do hardly anything without online. It wasn't until recently that you could even play strafighter in offline. Even if you hated online you would still ay it, because its your only option really.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you said except for everything talking about offline. In fact I have the full opposite opinion - that all offline content should have been bottom barrel. I didn't buy a single player game. I bought a multiplayer game. I want to play a multiplayer game.

    Vehicles , multi-stage battles , all that other stuff sounds good though.

    If this was an offline kiddie game I wouldn't even be here.

    And as ive long repeated, the real problem with this title is it tried to accommodate everyone. And therefore accommodate no one. All the people that wanted a story mode so badly. . well we spent time and money on a bad story mode.

    EA would have given better leadership and Direction by creating a better multiplayer and getting a single player off in close order.

    When you say the focus should be on offline content, what you're saying is you don't want a multiplayer game. You've got to be able to divide your desire for a multiplayer game and your desire for a single player game. And trying to mash them into one title has proved unworthy.

    Well it all depends on how well they program the ai to determine weather it's a "kiddie" game or not. I think they should have mostly ai with say 9 other players in a match.

    Take gta online for example. Thats what I think the multuplayer should be like. Except obviously it wouldnt be free fo all.

    And if there were heaps of AI, people who weren't as good would get a better chance at earning credits and all.
  • tankertoad
    5720 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    No, I don't think you get it. Battlefront was originally an offline game. Everyone loved them, thats why EA and Dice have made new ones. But now they are online instead. What my thread is saying is it should revert back to offline to solve loads of unnecessary problems and give lots more potential. You're right to say I don't want this game, I want the game that it should be, and used to be. The game that everyone expected when it was announced by EA.
  • While the single player was decent, I'd rather they put solid focus into offline arcade rather than the campaign. Having that 1:1 parity with online would have been great. They say hero ai and Galactic assault bots are hard to program. I'm sure if they would have made arcade the focus instead of campaign, it would and could have been done. EA is so afraid of people playing offline.
  • tankertoad
    5720 posts Member
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    No, I don't think you get it. Battlefront was originally an offline game. Everyone loved them, thats why EA and Dice have made new ones. But now they are online instead. What my thread is saying is it should revert back to offline to solve loads of unnecessary problems and give lots more potential. You're right to say I don't want this game, I want the game that it should be, and used to be. The game that everyone expected when it was announced by EA.

    You're just being combative right now. This Battlefront is a multiplayer online game. The game you want is another game. The games 13 years ago are not today.

    I like to discuss you want to be combative and shove you're wrong Point down people's throats. So I'm done.

    . Totally got what you're saying that's why I said what your suggesting is another game.

    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad
    5720 posts Member
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    While the single player was decent, I'd rather they put solid focus into offline arcade rather than the campaign. Having that 1:1 parity with online would have been great. They say hero ai and Galactic assault bots are hard to program. I'm sure if they would have made arcade the focus instead of campaign, it would and could have been done. EA is so afraid of people playing offline.

    The campaign should have been the desired single player Story game that people wanted.

    There should be more Star Wars games not an all-inclusive one p
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    While the single player was decent, I'd rather they put solid focus into offline arcade rather than the campaign. Having that 1:1 parity with online would have been great. They say hero ai and Galactic assault bots are hard to program. I'm sure if they would have made arcade the focus instead of campaign, it would and could have been done. EA is so afraid of people playing offline.

    Exactly. I personally don't care for campaign, just offline stuff like conquest mode etc.
  • I want this more than anything else right now.
    The current arcade is hollow. Can you level up classes/characters offline? Can you earn decent credits either? To much online required, and it isn't even stable right now. Bugs and balance issues are killing the game for me.

    While I would enjoy more campaign, I would rather shoot ok arcade AI versus what is currently barely playable online. I jumped on the EA Battlefronts because of the LucasArts games.

    I will be fair, in that both online and offline should recieve equally attention. Both sides have preferences and what not...
    However, if there aren't any major improvements/plans I will not hesitate to uninstall.
    On xbox, I can grab both original BF games and more.

    I want this to succede, but hope is fading. Even as a Star Wars fan, this game isn't worth it if issues aren't acknowledged AND addressed...
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    No, I don't think you get it. Battlefront was originally an offline game. Everyone loved them, thats why EA and Dice have made new ones. But now they are online instead. What my thread is saying is it should revert back to offline to solve loads of unnecessary problems and give lots more potential. You're right to say I don't want this game, I want the game that it should be, and used to be. The game that everyone expected when it was announced by EA.

    You're just being combative right now. This Battlefront is a multiplayer online game. The game you want is another game. The games 13 years ago are not today.

    I like to discuss you want to be combative and shove you're wrong Point down people's throats. So I'm done.

    . Totally got what you're saying that's why I said what your suggesting is another game.

    I'm not being combative at all. I'm saying I wamt this game, but I want it offline, not online. Thats how it should have been. If someone makes a different game that is extremely similar to the original battlefronts, but with all the new technology, then yeah thats the game I want.
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    No, I don't think you get it. Battlefront was originally an offline game. Everyone loved them, thats why EA and Dice have made new ones. But now they are online instead. What my thread is saying is it should revert back to offline to solve loads of unnecessary problems and give lots more potential. You're right to say I don't want this game, I want the game that it should be, and used to be. The game that everyone expected when it was announced by EA.

    You're just being combative right now. This Battlefront is a multiplayer online game. The game you want is another game. The games 13 years ago are not today.

    I like to discuss you want to be combative and shove you're wrong Point down people's throats. So I'm done.

    . Totally got what you're saying that's why I said what your suggesting is another game.

    I'm not being combative at all. I'm saying I wamt this game, but I want it offline, not online. Thats how it should have been. If someone makes a different game that is extremely similar to the original battlefronts, but with all the new technology, then yeah thats the game I want.

    This.
  • Darkhand_9 wrote: »
    I jumped on the EA Battlefronts because of the LucasArts games.


    Exactly this. Everyone I know, including myself, all loved the original battlefront games. They were our favorites. Hence why they were created again. But most of them now don't even own the new ones because they know its not at all what it used to be. What they wanted.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Prioritize offline in a predominantly online game eh? Your future as a business strategy consultant with Enron looks bright!
  • Alex64
    5620 posts Member
    You can't fund an online service game by adding only offline content.
  • tankertoad
    5720 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    You can't fund an online service game by adding only offline content.

    Horses.. .water
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Prioritize offline in a predominantly online game eh? Your future as a business strategy consultant with Enron looks bright!

    Prioritizing offline would be fully implemented and inteded for the next game. The other 4 could be done though. Sorry for confusion.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    You can't fund an online service game by adding only offline content.

    Don't make it an online service then. Use other methods. If it were offline focused then it would be easy to sell dlc packs.
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Plus, after the absolute extreme backlash that this game has had, it would be very beneficial for EA and Dice to come out and tell the fans that they are revamping the game. I big restart. Making the game more like the originals we all loved and ridding it of micro transactions. It would be a fresh start for them to regain us fans.
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »
    Plus, after the absolute extreme backlash that this game has had, it would be very beneficial for EA and Dice to come out and tell the fans that they are revamping the game. I big restart. Making the game more like the originals we all loved and ridding it of micro transactions. It would be a fresh start for them to regain us fans.

    It would go along way to regain my trust, honestly. I'm getting numerous bugs & balance issues online, so an offline re-focus would be a dream come true for me.
  • vyrjola
    44 posts Member
    This is very true. The real fans of Battlefront wanted to have at least the same features that the originals had, such as Instant action, galactic conquest etc. It wouldn't have been that hard to make this happen while also expanding on online features that the new BF2 has.

    Sadly, the new battlefront games (barely can call them that) are made to please modern ADHD kids with their momma's wallet.

    I strongly believe, that if this game even had GA and SA for offline, it would not have been such a disaster at launch. Why is that? Well because then the REAL battlefront fans could have just jumped into the battle of Hoth for an example. The REAL Star Wars fans want to get in on battle of Endor at their will. But no. You can't do that offline. Also not in online until the map rotation lands on that.

    And that EA / Dice is why you fail.
  • vyrjola wrote: »
    This is very true. The real fans of Battlefront wanted to have at least the same features that the originals had, such as Instant action, galactic conquest etc. It wouldn't have been that hard to make this happen while also expanding on online features that the new BF2 has.

    Sadly, the new battlefront games (barely can call them that) are made to please modern ADHD kids with their momma's wallet.

    I strongly believe, that if this game even had GA and SA for offline, it would not have been such a disaster at launch. Why is that? Well because then the REAL battlefront fans could have just jumped into the battle of Hoth for an example. The REAL Star Wars fans want to get in on battle of Endor at their will. But no. You can't do that offline. Also not in online until the map rotation lands on that.

    And that EA / Dice is why you fail.

    This...
  • Spiito
    1506 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    No thanks. Modern Single player campaigns are repetitive and boring. You are basically playing for cut scenes.

    Assuming a player is loading into campaign to play the story; probably.
    But the story mode offers a lot to analyse, maps, architecture, art, models, references, etc. When I load into swbf2's campaign, it's usually because I have the desire to specifically seek something out and study it more than I could on a page in some book. <_<;
    (After all the updates and time passed, that one poster still says "Storm Troppers" in Aurebesh-English. It's kind of endearing. Like the Trooper who bonks his head in the film.)

    Just today, I loaded into campaign mode to check up on this guy;
    sprfjNU.png
    Sometimes, I need to look at a character model, the reasons as to why differ.

    (...This reminds me I need to replay Force Unleashed2 to observe some level background stuff...)
  • It's this generation of millennials that EA is catering to. The always online 24/7 generation. I play offline for the choice and always having the content avaliable.
  • AuraStorm
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    I don't think you're getting it. If you don't want a multiplayer game, then you want another game. This is a multiplayer game.

    Your post should be titled - what I would like in a Star Wars offline game. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do I'm sure. But this is a multiplayer game and the lack of focus on that, and all the distractions, and all the cooks in the kitchen have really ruined it

    No, I don't think you get it. Battlefront was originally an offline game. Everyone loved them, thats why EA and Dice have made new ones. But now they are online instead. What my thread is saying is it should revert back to offline to solve loads of unnecessary problems and give lots more potential. You're right to say I don't want this game, I want the game that it should be, and used to be. The game that everyone expected when it was announced by EA.

    The original BF2 had online play even on the PS2 if you wired it up

    And it was quite fun, the servers had pretty decent size for a 2005 game

    That being said, please don't judge the originals under rose colored glasses. Graphics aside, the AI was absolutely terrible, the heros were mostly copy and pasted from each other, and the maps were just copy and pasted color pallets, with no pop
  • KlownShueS
    1774 posts Member
    OP I feel your pain but really what could we say and do to change this? Unfortunately the people that keep coming up with their "vision" of a game or movie are the.... Can I say 5% of the star wars fans and lost what Lucas had intended . Lucas had a vision for games and movies and to be realistic those in charge think of money and don't realize what a great thing is. So we get what we get. Remove how much money we will get and politic mentality and games and movies will sale off the shelves. Even Lucas at first didn't think star wars would do well he just wanted to tale his story. Empire was for the fans and so was Jedi. The episodes was to capture the hearts of the original fans kids so his fans can share that world with their kids. But now just like the games it's about money and what they think the %ag of what think is a favorable amount want. Which every release of a game or movie sales go down.

    But what can we do about? Not buy a game because its not exactly what it's to be like in our eyes? Not go see a movie because they changed the great characters from heroic that's every part of them to less than OK?

    The choice is yours to make not because someone say so but what your heart feels. So keep expressing yourself! If it's by wallet or voice.

    And just to let everyone know I am black and I to feel robbed by star wars!
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    OP I feel your pain but really what could we say and do to change this? Unfortunately the people that keep coming up with their "vision" of a game or movie are the.... Can I say 5% of the star wars fans and lost what Lucas had intended . Lucas had a vision for games and movies and to be realistic those in charge think of money and don't realize what a great thing is. So we get what we get. Remove how much money we will get and politic mentality and games and movies will sale off the shelves. Even Lucas at first didn't think star wars would do well he just wanted to tale his story. Empire was for the fans and so was Jedi. The episodes was to capture the hearts of the original fans kids so his fans can share that world with their kids. But now just like the games it's about money and what they think the %ag of what think is a favorable amount want. Which every release of a game or movie sales go down.

    But what can we do about? Not buy a game because its not exactly what it's to be like in our eyes? Not go see a movie because they changed the great characters from heroic that's every part of them to less than OK?

    The choice is yours to make not because someone say so but what your heart feels. So keep expressing yourself! If it's by wallet or voice.

    And just to let everyone know I am black and I to feel robbed by star wars!

    I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!