criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Heroes Vs Villains 2015 Remastered - Concept (New Mode)

Prev134567
Anoh
8380 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hi,

I really miss the strategic gameplay from the old HvV in Battlefront 2015;

It was a mode I could play for hours and always get the same amount of fun/buzz out of it.

The current Heroes Vs Villains in Battlefront 2017 just doesn't do it for me. It's a good concept on paper, but the execution is far less enjoyable than HvV from Battlefront 2015.

This mode would be a new mode, not replacing the current HvV. The more modes the merrier, right?

It would go like this:

Mode Name: Heroes Vs Villains - Strategic or Heroes Vs Villains - Signature Edition

Playercount: 6 versus 6, Heroes only

To be clear: Every round starts as 6vs6 Heroes. You respawn as infantry in the same round if you're defeated, then get to select a new Hero in the next round.

Concept:
  • 5 round (9 max) based matches - Respawn as infantry when you are defeated as a Hero. Respawn as Hero next round. The first team to defeat all the enemy Heroes wins the round.
  • First faction to win 5 rounds wins the match.
  • 3 minute rounds - Heroes would have their health multiplied by x1.5 in this mode.
  • Every map would be played once before moving on to the next, not playing it twice as both factions.
  • Players would get 15 seconds to pick a new hero before each round starts. (Can't pick same hero twice in a row)
  • Map selector available.

Locations:

Maps from Battlefront 2017, including:
  • Theed - Phase 2 (GA Map)
  • Theed - Power Generator Room (Including the pit where Maul killed Qui-Gon)
  • Kashyyyk - Phase 1 (GA Map)
  • Hoth - Phase 1 (GA Map)
  • Jakku - Phase 1 (GA)
  • Kamino - Current Heroes Vs Villains map
  • Endor - Phase 3 (GA)
  • Yavin 4 - Mix between Phase 2 & 3 (GA Map)

Maps from Battlefront 2015 imported into Battlefront 2017, including:
  • Crash Swamp Site
  • Administrator's Palace
  • Jabba's Palace
  • Raider Camp
  • Twilight on Hoth
  • Carbonite Chambers
  • Bioniip Laboratories
  • Landing Pad 13
  • Sorosuub Refinery
  • Sorosuub Pipelines
  • Palace Garage
  • Ice Caves

Regarding infantry: I suggest, to avoid any OP Star Card situations (Sentry, Vanguard etc..) you would be able to choose between all 4 classes, but all 4 classes have the same Star Card hand:
  • Thermal Detonator
  • The Repulsing CA-87
  • Dioxis Launcher

All main weapons would be available for all classes.

DICE would have to make all the Heroes, or at least 6, free for everyone for this to work well.

This mode, and bringing back some 2015 maps would be a great way to refresh the game, and would add great replayability value.

@T0TALfps, @Mr_Taver, if this could be passed on to the team and Dennis, as he is the new Design Director, that would be lovely.

Thanks!
Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
Post edited by Anoh on

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3611 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I like it.
  • I like but changing respawning as infantry to respawning as jump troopers may be more fun (and less deadly to heroes)
  • OVERWATCH is an awsome Hero vs Villain Games concept ,... and Battlefront HvV is way to far from this title to enjoy it,... I don't know why people are asking for a mini game like this ..... Battlefront is about infantry and vehicule and HvV of BF1 anf 2 is a mini game only.... At least your proposal feel a bit more battlefront....

I know people would love to see a real combat arena but i doubt EA will ever do it... maybe we should ask Disney..... And HvV is not a good one and will never be ... I know many of you play it and like it.... but it's because you never play a real 2018 combat arena game .... I'm a huge fan of star wars and I don't play this mode because it's so wack,... and because of this mode the hero are average fun in GA.........

The best Battlefront was the first and it was the best because balancing one game is faisable, not 2 ... now we have a broken game
  • Great idea! @Sledgehammer70 could you pass this idea on to the devs? More hero modes is a must!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    OVERWATCH is an awsome Hero vs Villain Games concept ,... and Battlefront HvV is way to far from this title to enjoy it,... I don't know why people are asking for a mini game like this ..... Battlefront is about infantry and vehicule and HvV of BF1 anf 2 is a mini game only.... At least your proposal feel a bit more battlefront....

I know people would love to see a real combat arena but i doubt EA will ever do it... maybe we should ask Disney..... And HvV is not a good one and will never be ... I know many of you play it and like it.... but it's because you never play a real 2018 combat arena game .... I'm a huge fan of star wars and I don't play this mode because it's so wack,... and because of this mode the hero are average fun in GA.........

The best Battlefront was the first and it was the best because balancing one game is faisable, not 2 ... now we have a broken game

A Overwatch style gamemode for the heroes would be interesting.

The old HvV was just perfect, here we can replace infantry with Heroes! And respawn as infantry until the next round

Gosh this can be so so good!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Would be so cool to have the saber duel locks like in the first game again too, they were Iconic™
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Some strategic gameplay was fun but you barely got to play as heros.

EDIT: only the better players would get to play heros a lot.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    What the?

When I hit “SWBF Dev Team” was not expecting that.
  • FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

Thanks for replying!
    I think it would be interesting to make a new hero gamemode similarly to the last version’s but change regular infantry with jump troopers. @Anoh proposal is pretty interesting, too, but I would still slightly change the infantry aspect of it to a jump trooper in order to give it a new twist
    85515fa63bf3c44d463a69b67690f91227ae13db_hq.gif
  • I like the elimination concept from BF15 as well. If they bring that back and up the amount of heroes to 6v6 that'd be amazing. It can't be more than that because there'll only be 12 heroes that don't cost credits to unlock when season 2 releases.
  • The elimination aspect has a way of making you feel more important as a hero
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

Yes please bring that back!
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    No offence I’ve struggled to understand why you changed the mode in the first place bf15 HvV was so good, could literally play for hours and have some unbelievable tight matches

This version I find so boring, people complained that the hero’s in the last game were op and soldiers had no chance against them, yet in this game hero’s are much easier to kill yet you took away the soldiers who could in fact put up a good fight this time around

Please bring back the old version to liven up this game before it’s too late

Thank you for this! You said it better than I could.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »

Please do not return it just for a couple of people. Name of the mode is heroes vs villains. Not heroes vs troopers. Just repair matchmaking.
    Well there would be no troopers you would just sit and watch as the good players played.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »

Please do not return it just for a couple of people. Name of the mode is heroes vs villains. Not heroes vs troopers. Just repair matchmaking.

You're the first person to have said this. Most want the old version back.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    To be clear this WOULDN'T replace the current HvV. It would be a new mode.
    Maybe have enforcers instead of regular infantry? Or the sentinel class ;)?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Anoh wrote: »

Maybe they can release a hero mode update with your mode, and my personal favorite hero hunt ;)
    @FireWall
  • Why is everything so black and white? The old mode is fun in its own right, as well... Anoh's idea is cool. Why not have both iterations? I fail to see the problem with a game that has diverse options for gameplay...

(And bring back Drop Zone, thanks.) :)
  • Yeah i wasn't a big fan of the HvsV in 2015 compared to this one. If it becomes its own mode, thats fine.

But being a hero and finding yourself ganked up on and losing your hero was the worst, especially since some heroes are very weak in a fire fight (LUKE); this new mode is much better.

The only thing i miss about 2015 was when Vader and Luke could saber clash. That was the best thing. Ever.

• Why is everything so black and white? The old mode is fun in its own right, as well... Anoh's idea is cool. Why not have both iterations? I fail to see the problem with a game that has diverse options for gameplay...

I’ll take anything except both. Strong advocate for as few modes as possible to keep player base together. Focusing on quality over quantity.
  • Anoh wrote: »

Yeah that'd make everyone happy, I suppose. But I'm still fine with the current being trashed. They could release it and name it "BF15 HvV." Hero hunt would also be fun. They could replace the space that Heroes vs Villians takes up on the "play" screen and instead name it "hero modes." Then you can pick whatever you prefer.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Why is everything so black and white? The old mode is fun in its own right, as well... Anoh's idea is cool. Why not have both iterations? I fail to see the problem with a game that has diverse options for gameplay...

I’ll take anything except both. Strong advocate for as few modes as possible to keep player base together. Focusing on quality over quantity.

There'll always be thousands of players online. You shouldn't have to worry about "quantity."
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @FireWall you guys should do what I said in my last comment. It shouldn't be too difficult to do.
    Edit: the comment above my last comment lol
  • @FireWall you guys should do what I said in my last comment. It shouldn't be too difficult to do.
    Edit: the comment above my last comment lol

You are the boss.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Hi,

I really miss the strategic gameplay from the old HvV in Battlefront 2015;

It was a mode I could play for hours and always get the same amount of fun/buzz out of it.

The current Heroes Vs Villains in Battlefront 2017 just doesn't do it for me. It's a good concept on paper, but the execution is far less enjoyable than HvV from Battlefront 2015.

This mode would be a new mode, not replacing the current HvV. The more modes the merrier, right?

It would go like this:

Mode Name: Heroes Vs Villains - Strategic or Heroes Vs Villains - Signature Edition

Playercount: 6 versus 6, Heroes only

To be clear: Every round starts as 6vs6 Heroes. You respawn as infantry in the same round if you're defeated, then get to select a new Hero in the next round.

Concept:
    • 5 round (9 max) based matches - Respawn as infantry when you are defeated as a Hero. Respawn as Hero next round. The first team to defeat all the enemy Heroes wins the round.
    • First faction to win 5 rounds wins the match.
    • 3 minute rounds - Heroes would have their health multiplied by x1.5 in this mode.
    • Every map would be played once before moving on to the next, not playing it twice as both factions.
    • Players would get 15 seconds to pick a new hero before each round starts. (Can't pick same herk twice in a row)
    • Map selector available.

Locations:

Maps from Battlefront 2017, including:
    • Theed - Phase 2 (GA Map)
    • Theed - Power Generator Room (Including the pit where Maul killed Qui-Gon)
    • Kashyyyk - Phase 1 (GA Map)
    • Hoth - Phase 1 (GA Map)
    • Jakku - Phase 1 (GA)
    • Kamino - Current Heroes Vs Villains map
    • Endor - Phase 3 (GA)
    • Yavin 4 - Mix between Phase 2 & 3 (GA Map)

Maps from Battlefront 2015 imported into Battlefront 2017, including:
    • Crash Swamp Site
    • Administrator's Palace
    • Jabba's Palace
    • Raider Camp
    • Twilight on Hoth
    • Carbonite Chambers
    • Bioniip Laboratories
    • Landing Pad 13
    • Sorosuub Refinery
    • Ice Caves

DICE would have to make all the Heroes, or at least 6, free for everyone for this to work well.

This mode, and bringing back some 2015 maps would be a great way to refresh the game, and would add great replayability value.

@T0TALfps, @Mr_Taver, if this could be passed on to the team and Dennis, as he is the new Design Director, that would be lovely.

Thanks!
    If you'll make it happen with that post, I'll be grateful forever
  • @Anoh I remember having detailed discussions with you about HvV all the time throughout the first game and you articulated every point perfectly here and I agree with everything 100%. What a cool concept that mixes the new with the original. I barely play this game because HvV was a button-mashing disappointment compared to the original... it was the only mode I played - for the most part at least.

@FireWall I think those who hated the infantry aspect are OK with the new mode, but the rest of us are left without an elimination style / consequence-based HvV. Also, the better/veteran HvV players rarely, if ever, complained about infantry being a part of the mode. I had some of my best rounds as a grunt taking out heroes/villains. This concept that Anoh has just pitched adds the best of both worlds. Infantry is now a consequence to dying as a hero - not a random/round based aspect. Such a cool idea that also brings back the intense elimination strategy that is SORELY missed.

If you add this mode, I guarantee you I'll go from playing this game 2-3 hours a week to 10-15+ hours easily. I have two rank 100 accounts from the original game where 90% of my time in game was spent in HvV. Same for nearly my entire SW friends list.

MAKE THIS MODE HAPPEN (or some form of the original HvV), *PLEASE*!!! @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

And I'm bringing back an old hashtag after this post: #MakeHvVGreatAgain :smile:

The problem is lack of any punishment for dying takes away any responsibility of playing as hero. New mode promotes rush, damage as much as you can, die, respawn and repeat gameplay. There is no awareness, no strategy and unfortunately too much of target camping.

Old HvV had a faithful playerbase, I played alot of it and tbh I never thought I'll miss infantry aspect of it. But I do miss.

My two cents.

I can't imagine someone not being for this mode that Anoh pitched. The few who will have a gripe will be the bad tank players who want to button mash and respawn as Darth Maul 28 times in one match.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Peepzilla wrote: »

If you add this mode, I guarantee you I'll go from playing this game 2-3 hours a week to 10-15+ hours easily. I have two rank 100 accounts from the original game where 90% of my time in game was spent in HvV. Same for nearly my entire SW friends list.

MAKE THIS MODE HAPPEN (or some form of the original HvV), *PLEASE*!!! @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

And I'm bringing back an old hashtag after this post: #MakeHvVGreatAgain :smile:

I can't consistently play the new version without getting bored. On BF15 I would play HvV hours at a time. If they add the old version I'll literally be stuck to the game constantly. I know that a lot of people on my friends list would be, too.

• Virtually everyone wants the BF15 HvV added. Hopefully the devs do so. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.
  • lerodemmy
    3493 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Perhaps consider fixing the current HvV as well. Revert dodge to what it was before patch 1.2. Same with Boba's jetpack. Do something about Iden's extremely overpowered droid stun. Make Phasma's droid explode immediately upon her death.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I just don't like that HvV has been turned into a VIP mode. Poorly made, I might add, at least in my opinion. With no offense to the developers. I'd really like to see HvV as Hero Blast/Hero Assault or at least more similar to the HvV from Battlefront 2015, which was more fun IMO. The new one is just kinda frustrating.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

Perhaps considering fixing the current HvV as well. Revert dodge to what it was before patch 1.2. Same with Boba's jetpack. Do something about Iden's extremely overpowered droid stun. Make Phasma's droid explode immediately upon her death.

Nothing about Iden is over powered dark side hater.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Peepzilla wrote: »

@FireWall I think those who hated the infantry aspect are OK with the new mode, but the rest of us are left without an elimination style / consequence-based HvV. Also, the better/veteran HvV players rarely, if ever, complained about infantry being a part of the mode. (...)
    This and this.
    #1 bad players that later cried about Bossk being op on WA(did you ever struggled with taking any Bossk out on WA after old HvV training? Doubt it) were the ones that only spawned and died as infantry thus didn't enjoy the mode. They enjoy countless spawn as Darth Maul, noobfest mode design and Possibility of wearing down targets with infinite spawns and camping.

#2 as mainly hvv player i went from playing 5+ hours of HvV daily to 1-2 h daily/every two days. Partially moved with part of my hvv group on Fortnite. We would be glad to come back on more competitive mode.

#MakeHvVGreatAgain
  • I guess it could come, but I hope at least not before season two, or fixes to one of the classes in particular. Though I don't mind having this as another mode, though you would have to fix explosive shot and a few others to compensate for heroes with low health.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Why is everything so black and white? The old mode is fun in its own right, as well... Anoh's idea is cool. Why not have both iterations? I fail to see the problem with a game that has diverse options for gameplay...

There'll always be thousands of players online. You shouldn't have to worry about "quantity."
    Any limitation will hurt smaller regions as well as hurting matchmaking in general (especially if they improve the sbmm).
    EvazanJr wrote: »

Any limitation will hurt smaller regions as well as hurting matchmaking in general (especially if they improve the sbmm).

The only limitation is the lack of game modes. BF15 was more fun in the sense that it had variety.

The only limitation is the lack of game modes. BF15 was more fun in the sense that it had variety.
    But BF15 had major community split issues (mainly because of DLC though).

Even with loads of modes there were only a few I played consistently. Variety can come from existing gamemodes since this game is set up for major variation across the same mode. Like GA has different objectives on every map and so does SA. Even strike has 2 variants.

But BF15 had major community split issues (mainly because of DLC though).

Even with loads of modes there were only a few I played consistently. Variety can come from existing gamemodes since this game is set up for major variation across the same mode. Like GA has different objectives on every map and so does SA. Even strike has 2 variants.

Good thing you put the dlc part. I would've jumped on that immediately. That's not going to happen in BF17 because all maps, including dlc ones, are put in each of their respective game modes and aren't separated.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Anoh wrote:
    Concept:
    5 round (9 max) based matches - Respawn as infantry when you are defeated as a Hero. Respawn as Hero next round. The first team to defeat all the enemy Heroes wins the round
    BP Concept:
    Troopers can use earned battlepoints to purchase reinforcements, and small ground vehicles.
    @FireWall
    Hoping more smaller ground vehicles are coming!
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!