criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Heroes Vs Villains 2015 Remastered - Concept (New Mode)

Replies

• Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation. Adding "(New Mode)" to the title.

I was actually fully aware that you were proposing a new mode.

Seeing a few people that seem to think this would replace the current HvV
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • DarthCapa2
    3018 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    FireWall wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

So there is a chance to have again Hero Hunt or something similar in future? Hero Hunt was one of the most popular modes in Battlefront 2015 and i loved it. @FireWall
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

So there is a chance to have again Hero Hunt or something similar in future? Hero Hunt was one of the most popular modes in Battlefront 2015 and i loved it. @FireWall

The heroes being weeker and more vulnerable to damage, HH in 2017Front would be very frustrating
  • joachimeberhard
    1477 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hero Hunt was one of the most unpopular game modes in bf2015. In the old bf1 forums, everybody complained about it, and they changed mechanics pretty radically to compensate.

Edit: I don't mind an Elimination/Tickets/Round based hero mode.

But playing Heroes against Infantry, I go Galactic Assault. Much more satisfying.

Edit2: Also, please increase Credits for hvv2017 at least 30%.

It's fun, but Blast and GA just give so much more Credits, with the waiting, leaderboard being so random to achieve etc.
  • DarthCapa2
    3018 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

The heroes being weeker and more vulnerable to damage, HH in 2017Front would be very frustrating

With the right design it can better than the old one. I don't suggest a complete remake, maybe something similar.
    Hero Hunt was one of the most unpopular game modes in bf2015. In the old bf1 forums, everybody complained about it, and they changed mechanics pretty radically to compensate.

Edit: I don't mind an Elimination/Tickets/Round based hero mode.

But playing Heroes against Infantry, I go Galactic Assault. Much more satisfying.

Edit2: Also, please increase Credits for hvv2017 at least 30%.

It's fun, but Blast and GA just give so much more Credits, with the waiting, leaderboard being so random to achieve etc.

No at the beginning it was one of the most played. It started to be hated for reasons of balancing. The idea was very fun and we need more hero modes.
  • Just do a last man standing with NO infantry, when you are dead you spectate.
  • Reyne wrote: »
    Just do a last man standing with NO infantry, when you are dead you spectate.

Won't work with Battlefront 2 playerbase, quits etc. Infantry adds another level of depth into the mode and keep players in the action.
  • FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

No, i want the HvV to stay as it is now. I just agree with maps from BF2015, port them all. Maybe allow us to test 8vs8 for limited time just like jetpack cargo or make new 8vs8 TDM style HvV.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    marroos wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

No, i want the HvV to stay as it is now. I just agree with maps from BF2015, port them all. Maybe allow us to test 8vs8 for limited time just like jetpack cargo or make new 8vs8 TDM style HvV.

Again, no one is trying to change your precious mosh pit game mode. If you actually read the post, the title, and several replies, you’d know this is about adding a mode, not changing the current.

I feel we should just have this reply copy and paste ready for those who clearly have trouble reading. Also, it’s very telling that those who want this non-strategic, button-mash HvV mode to stay are also the ones who struggle with basic reading and comprehension. Hmm...

Savage
  • Although I’d prefer the BF15 version, this would be pretty fun! With improved spawns, this could be a good way to play with strategy and keep the elimination feel from the old version.

The only thing I don’t agree with...and maybe this idea is a product of the current state the game is in? It’s is the limited classes. If everything is balanced and working as intended, it shouldn’t be an issue to play as the trooper we want. Especially if the heroes keep their custom card hands.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    The only thing I don’t agree with...and maybe this idea is a product of the current state the game is in? It’s is the limited classes. If everything is balanced and working as intended, it shouldn’t be an issue to play as the trooper we want. Especially if the heroes keep their custom card hands.

The Vanguard, Sentry, Infiltration, all the borderline OP cards would cause a lot of frustration imo
  • Piscettios
    6131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Piscettios wrote: »

The Vanguard, Sentry, Infiltration, all the borderline OP cards would cause a lot of frustration imo

Your probably right. But I just don’t like the idea of them being so limited.

What about just removing the ‘signature abilities’ (three you mentioned plus the officer buff)for each class. Keeping two card options open for everything else not pertaining to those core abilities? I dunno...kicking the idea around as I type. Haha
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Peepzilla wrote: »

Again, no one is trying to change your precious mosh pit game mode. If you actually read the post, the title, and several replies, you’d know this is about adding a mode, not changing the current.

I feel we should just have this reply copy and paste ready for those who clearly have trouble reading. Also, it’s very telling that those who want this non-strategic, button-mash HvV mode to stay are also the ones who struggle with basic reading and comprehension. Hmm...

You are a god
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member

You are a god

He is a man not a god he is a man not a god he is a man not a god
  • Lmao.

Yeah we want Heroes vs Infantry to own them!

But please nerf Infantry, they are so OP and ruin all the fun...
  • I'm not much interested in heroes, but this seems like a good idea, along with keeping the current HvV. I like how losing your hero takes you out of the hero game, but you're not completely out since you can still come back in with infantry.

However, if the infantry is all going to have the same star cards, then I say don't bother providing all four classes as options, just make them all assault. That, or just allow a smorgasbord of skins once the customization is out, to satisfy the people who want a rainbow of clones and completely different troopers all over the field.

Lee1981 wrote: »
    Just bring back bf15 HvV and be done with it
    It’s so much better than this version
    I couldn't stand the 2015 HvV, almost never played it. I play the current version fairly often, even though I'm not a big Heroes person.

OVERWATCH is an awsome Hero vs Villain Games concept ,... I don't know why people are asking for a mini game like this ..... Battlefront is about infantry and vehicule....
    I agree that Battlefront has always been, at its heart, a game about infantry, and I hope it stays that way. That said, since the heavy focus on heroes in the last game, probably strongly influenced by the success of games like Overwatch, heroes are getting more attention and there's a small portion of Battlefront players who prefer the Heroes to everything else.

I don't mind the devs catering to those folks by creating some modes for them, I just don't want the whole game to go hero-heavy, as it seems to be doing lately.

I think that a lot of the heroes-focused players really want a hero-based mode where they can wreck regular infantry like a bull in a china shop. I see that perspective in the forums a lot. My thought was to make a version of the current HvV that includes AI bots for the slaughter, but the OP's blend solution works too.
  • marroos
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2018

ok
    Post edited by marroos on
  • The need for better matchmaking is definitely a key issue here, as in the rest of the game.
  • BF15 HvV is a necessity
  • With a few adjustments, of course. Everyone should start as a hero each round and only become infantry upon death.
  • Also, maybe bring back Hero Hunt?

Oh, well, Palps may be broken in that...
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • No way op if you want infantry in your HvV go play bf2k15.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1194 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No way op if you want infantry in your HvV go play bf2k15.

If they'll added to BF2015 new heroes believe me many of hero players would rather stay on 2015s competitive mode, not on the new noob friendly mashing zone from 2017
  • No way op if you want infantry in your HvV go play bf2k15.

If they'll added to BF2015 new heroes believe me many of hero players would rather stay on 2015s competitive mode, not on the new noob friendly mashing zone from 2017

What I wrote above is under the assumption they do stay on BF2. I see more and more top HvV players from Xbox moving on Fortnite.
  • FireWall wrote: »

@FireWall Well, he may want it, but I don't. This is not his personal game to ask him if he wants it back.

Also, what triggers me is that people had whined about playing as infantry in a HERO mode in the previous game. I, too, didn't like that. Now you've changed it and people whine again. Are those dumb or what? You like SWBF2015 HvV? Well, GO PLAY SWBF2015 THEN. Jeez...
  • Silverback wrote: »
    I like it. Never played much of HvV in the first game but I do find the current iteration tedious and yup, I'm a button mashing player mainly cos I don't see much strategy in it other than charge and mash when you think you can wipe out at least one of the opponents. Only play it now when there's a daily to do tbqh.

+1 to a Space HvV too - I love the hero ships but get to spend so little time in them - probably why I love em as I'm yet to reach the saturation point where familiarity breeds contempt like I have in the other game modes.

This is why some teams are full of noobs. IMHO, the mode is not a button mashing mode and should not be played like that. The people who play like that and charge mindlessly are the reason why some teams get beaten 10 to 0.
  • Anoh wrote: »

@FireWall Well, he may want it, but I don't. This is not his personal game to ask him if he wants it back.

Also, what triggers me is that people had whined about playing as infantry in a HERO mode in the previous game. I, too, didn't like that. Now you've changed it and people whine again. Are those dumb or what? You like SWBF2015 HvV? Well, GO PLAY SWBF2015 THEN. Jeez...

You are aware this would be a new mode and not replace the current HvV right?

Yes, I'm aware and am not one of those people who can't read and want the 2017 game mode to stay, as the other forum member said.

But why I say it this was is because, you are aware too that DICE don't always (let's not say "never") do the things the way we want them to, the way we propose. What I mean is, because I've seen enough sh&t done by EA and DICE, I expect them to screw the 2017 mode and STILL not make it the way you want - so both sides suck it. So, that's why I'm saying that you better stick to SWBF2015 if you want that mode and not risk 2017 being ruined.

And one more reason why I suggest playing 2015 - because I like that game, too. Lots of people were saying that BF2 is far superior to BF2015 and that it is finally the way they/the community wanted it to be. Now I see people bashing BF2 and saying that BF2015 was way more fun. And I just want to be able to play both BF2015 and 2017. But the player base of 2015 is considerably low at the moment, so the more people playing both games - the better. People playing BF2015 - no dead game -> being able to play it when I want. Same thing for BF2017 - it's bad to die, so I don't want people to quit it either, etc. I think you get my idea.
  • Raices
    1438 posts Member
    I think they should focus fixing this version of HvV first, then they can add another mode if the playerbase isn't fully satisfied with this HvV imo.
  • Raices
    1438 posts Member

and not risk 2017 being ruined.

It was ruined when they changed it from the brilliant bf15 version to this complete trash version in 2017

I remember a LOT of people didn’t like the infantry aspect of it, that's why a lot of people were requesting hero blast.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member

Yes, I'm aware and am not one of those people who can't read and want the 2017 game mode to stay, as the other forum member said.

But why I say it this was is because, you are aware too that DICE don't always (let's not say "never") do the things the way we want them to, the way we propose. What I mean is, because I've seen enough sh&t done by EA and DICE, I expect them to screw the 2017 mode and STILL not make it the way you want - so both sides suck it. So, that's why I'm saying that you better stick to SWBF2015 if you want that mode and not risk 2017 being ruined.

And one more reason why I suggest playing 2015 - because I like that game, too. Lots of people were saying that BF2 is far superior to BF2015 and that it is finally the way they/the community wanted it to be. Now I see people bashing BF2 and saying that BF2015 was way more fun. And I just want to be able to play both BF2015 and 2017. But the player base of 2015 is considerably low at the moment, so the more people playing both games - the better. People playing BF2015 - no dead game -> being able to play it when I want. Same thing for BF2017 - it's bad to die, so I don't want people to quit it either, etc. I think you get my idea.

Yeah, The current HvV isn't great atm with all the messed up stun lock mechanics going on.

If they adjust them to HvV specifically, basing gameplay more on skill than pre-determined mechanics, and improve the matchmaking alot, then 2017 HvV will be fantastic, as it did get very fun sometimes when players were as good as each other.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

It was ruined when they changed it from the brilliant bf15 version to this complete trash version in 2017

I remember a LOT of people didn’t like the infantry aspect of it, that's why a lot of people were requesting hero blast.

A handful of people on a forum isn’t really a lot is it

Personally I reckon 75/80% of players loved the original HvV bf15, and wouldn’t have wanted it changed
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    i truly do feel like this is a result of some unknown phenomenon, where when a system is implemented that nobody originally likes, everybody leaves and the only people who are left are the people who like the systems, and when they finally change/remove these systems to bring back the people who left, the only ones who remain are the people who stayed, and this is also my theory why people are asking for pointless gamemodes such as infantry only, droid run and others.

although, it's difficult to tell who is trolling and who is serious.
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • ZugZug
    31 posts Member
    Ea Dice add it please this guy is a genius
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

Personally I reckon 75/80% of players loved the original HvV bf15, and wouldn’t have wanted it changed

I'd like to know how you got that number, because I hated HvV in bf2k15.

Exactly!

I'd like to know how you got that number, because I hated HvV in bf15.

You're in the minority my dude
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This thread has really blown up. It just proves even more how we want BF15 HvV back. Come on EA. Do what we want for once!
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Well I feel sorry for you then, because it was brilliant

Indeed it was
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member

Yep, around 4000+ matches. Most fun I've ever had with a game ever.

4829rd5etmh7.jpeg

4829rd5etmh7.jpeg

Don't you mean 3,000? Or did you get lagged out? Either way, whatever. I would welcome a new mode, but how fast can you spawn in as Infantry?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »

4829rd5etmh7.jpeg

Don't you mean 3,000? Or did you get lagged out? Either way, whatever. I would welcome a new mode, but how fast can you spawn in as Infantry?

These are the wins, got about +1000 defeats

4829rd5etmh7.jpeg

I have more
  • GenxDarchi
    7728 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »

4829rd5etmh7.jpeg

These are the wins, got about +1000 defeats

Oh, my b lol.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

I'd like to know how you got that number, because I hated HvV in bf15.

You're in the minority

• A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Be vocal if you want this gamemode added guys. We need to keep bumping this thread until the devs realize this is what BF17 needs
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!