criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lightside heroes just aren't as fun

In HvV

and probably the entire game, but it's painfully obvious how unbalanced the teams are in this mode. It's ruining the experience. Rey is the only saber hero that is worth anything on the ls.

Replies

• That’s your opinion, I actually enjoy using light side more. The only argument I have against light side heroes is the lack of mobility compared to dark side
  • Of course it's my opinion, but I feel that it's based on a lot of observation and play. There is an unspoken understanding that seems to transpire when playing on the darkside, even if the others on the team aren't that good everyone understands their role (for the most part) and works together more cohesively than it seems possible for most ls teams. I used to enjoy playing as either side before the patch, but now I find myself dreading the ls matches a bit. I enjoy a challenge, but this is ridiculous.
  • not sure about not fun, but i die a lot faster lol
  • HvV in general has went down hill since patch 1.2 the dark side has always been more mobile and more powerful and with the roll nerf. It has brought out the stun locks and saber lock on homing effect to the forefront and it's killing the mode.
  • They are a bit lame aren't they? from the supposed leaked seasons list anakin and kenobi will be the only ones remotely cool, or as intersting. I say drop Jyn Erso and Padme, for Mace windu, any clone commander or Jedi council member/ Jedi.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Light side needs more lightsaber heroes with actually useful abilities. Look at Maul or Kylo's skills, they are unique. There are tons of lightsaber heroes that can be added into light side from CW era, it's killing me how this game is wasting all that potential.
    Salty officer main.
  • They're pretty awful. Wookiees, wookiees everywhere.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Yea, lightside is in desperate need of more saber heroes. Luke is a joke.
  • In terms of fun to play...

Lightside I like Yoda, Leia and Rey...

Darkside I like Vader, Maul, Palpatine, Bossk, Iden, Phasma, and Boba Fett
  • MWB33
    1379 posts Member
    Light side needs more speed and leaping ability. Adding someone with flight capabilities to truly challenge Boba would be great as well.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Before the patch I enjoyed

lightside: Rey, Finn, Yoda, Han
    darkside: Vader, Boba, Maul, Kylo

after the patch

lightside: Rey
    darkside: Vader, Boba, Maul, Kylo

I have to take point on virtually every team I'm on and aggressively go after objectives, when I'm on the lightside Rey is the only character that gives us somewhat of a chance. With the recent hit detection nonsense this is proving to be very difficult. It sucks being in a duel with someone and dashing backward and/or jumping away only to have your opponents saber strike they very clearly missed you on connecting a good 2 seconds after and while you are a considerable distance away.
  • This should highlight the issue...I play with a crew of friends. We're not very good at HVV. We payed against a team of pretty good HVV players, us on light, them on dark, and we lost 10-0.

We then switched sides against the same people, and we still lost, but it was only 3-0. The dark side heroes are MUCH easier to use and have the advantage.
  • DarthDidds wrote: »
    This should highlight the issue...I play with a crew of friends. We're not very good at HVV. We payed against a team of pretty good HVV players, us on light, them on dark, and we lost 10-0.

We then switched sides against the same people, and we still lost, but it was only 3-0. The dark side heroes are MUCH easier to use and have the advantage.

See I would argue that the dark side just has the advantage mostly due to their mobility. Being able to move quickly to rejoin your team or hunt down the target or flee as the target is the biggest advantage in HvV. Dark side has palp, Vader, kylo, maul, Bossk, and boba all with great mobility and obstacle clearance where as light side only has Luke and Rey with maybe a half point towards yoda.
  • Balance is decent but dark side heros are more fun.
  • It would be interesting to see the stats as I can almost guarantee the ratios would support the theories.
  • What's this balance you speak of? Balance doesn't exist in this game lol.
  • I would assume that Vader is really the catalyst for the HVV imbalance as his massive health pool and abilities make him ideal for destroying multiple lightside heroes simultaneously without difficulty... lightside has nothing close to this.
  • I know, right?! Shouldn't the concept be canon? The whole premise of this franchise is based upon this.
  • I think the fact that most teams will have a dedicated Palpatine who camps near Vader and the hero requires exactly no skill whatsoever. No lightside equivalent.
  • I disagree
  • well, you certainly made a good argument
  • Not worth arguing
  • go smell your own farts somewhere else

does rey have a sister? that would be good.
  • HvV in general has went down hill since patch 1.2 the dark side has always been more mobile and more powerful and with the roll nerf. It has brought out the stun locks and saber lock on homing effect to the forefront and it's killing the mode.

i have a suggestion ... BB-8 and that robot fella in rogue one
  • Lando would be fun if he had 250 regenerating health. Unfortunately, a light breeze will permenantly reduce your max HP making him much less satisfying to play.
  • I agree, but its probably cos i just suck with lightsabers! I like Leia, Hans, wizard guy, and frog swamp-thing man.
  • Light Side was plenty of fun before the patch. Still is if you have a good group. But you shouldn't need a group to have fun.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

does rey have a sister? that would be good.

A twin, I hope.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Sometimes it feels the devs of this game must be dark side fanboys or something. I can't come up with any other reasons to explain their decision that villains need to be more mobile than heroes.

There is no reason that this should happen.
  • In HvV

and probably the entire game, but it's painfully obvious how unbalanced the teams are in this mode. It's ruining the experience. Rey is the only saber hero that is worth anything on the ls.

Trust me I feel your pain. Lightside has better blaster hero’s, and requires more strategy to defeat the villains, which is kinda cool and like the movies. However in reality, when you’re the only competent player on a trashy team, you basically become cannon fodder for Boba Fett and Palpatine. Yoda and Luke are usually ALWAYS players who lead the front line when they’re the target. Zero strategy and tactics. And people had the nerve to complain about chewy when he was the only villain defense!

Both sides should have enough variety of hero’s so that any team can be of balanced lightsaber or blaster combinations.

If you’ve ever played balanced matches in HVV (which is like finding a million dollars under your pillow) then it’s pretty balanced and fun!

I’m all for balance ?