criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Timed Challenges: Do ___ X number of times (but what we really mean is X +1, or ∞)

Billkwando
1640 posts Member
edited February 2018
How come every time I go to do a timed challenge, the one thing I'm supposed to do never counts the first time?

Yesterday on Jetpack Cargo it was "Play 3 Rounds" (but really 4 because the first one doesn't count) and today it's "Pick up the cargo once" (but really you could do it 100 times, but it doesn't matter because we're only going to track your progress once you start a 2nd round).

What giveth, and why taketh away? :p
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Replies

• MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    We all know the timed challenges run a match behind on the post match counter...have since pretty much launch. I can understand sticking around the extra match if it's kill related to make sure, but for play __ matches you can just exit once the credits have tallied on the one to complete the challenge.

I played 3 matches yesterday. After 3rd match it showed 2/3, but I exited and got my credit. (It's only those bugged aggressor/defender milestones that needed the extra match) That's what I've done for every # of match challenges since the beginning. Never had an issue with it.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Yep, you're right! Thanks! :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.