criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

I imagine John Boyega somewhere, playing BFII, going "Why m'character gotta be rubbish??"

Billkwando
1747 posts Member
edited February 2018
LOL (he's British) and he seems to be just the right age to actually play games.

Seriously though, I've never been like "Oh noes, here comes a Finn player!", though I am still pretty new to HvV. Most of my Finn experience has been trying to get his milestones (and failing, except for the buff one).

;) :p :D
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
Post edited by Billkwando on

Replies

• Billkwando
    1747 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    alunguy wrote: »
    He probably thought the same thing after watching TLJ. :)

I left the door wide open for that one! :D

He seems like a cool dude though. Loved him in the YT clips from the Graham Norton Show.

ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »
    alunguy wrote: »
    He probably thought the same thing after watching TLJ. :)

I left the door wide open for that one! :D

He seems like a cool dude though. Loved him in the YT clips from the Graham Norton Show.

Haha yeah he's a cool guy, i liked him in TFA and he's great in Attack the Block.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    LOL (he's British) and he seems to be just the right age to actually play games.

Seriously though, I've never been like "Oh noes, here comes a Finn player!", though I am still pretty new to HvV. Most of my Finn experience has been trying to get his milestones (and failing, except for the buff one).

So wait a minute

You are telling me that arguably the second best Blaster Hero in the game (Challenged only by Leia and Lando) is "Rubbish"?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Finn and Phasma are the only 2 heroes I'm even remotely good with.
  • Finn was very deadly when the DLC first came out. I think he’s still good even with the damage reduction but the roll invincibility nerf leaves him quite vulnerable when in close quarters.

He will never be good enough in my books until he gets a “You got a boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?” emote. Lol
  • He's pretty bad. He was good at first, but he is kinda verryyy ehhh now. You can out roll his dead eye btw.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Spiito
    1846 posts Member
    Finn is literally the second best Hero with a blaster.
    (Lando being the first. IMO. 'Cuz Lando doesn't even need abilities. Take Han and Leia's abilities away from them THEN, how good are your chances of winning, or even just staying alive... This is why Lando is the best.)

(Lando and) Finn, thanks to their specific abilities, can shoot down that really annoying, pesky, fly-boy... Boba Fett. In HVV, when Boba is the target, this is kind of a really big deal. (Yeah, any blaster wielder can shoot at a flying target, but the odds of successfully landing a killing shot are increased dramatically with an ability that locks on.)
    "A fair fight is where everyone loses."
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Finn is literally the second best Hero with a blaster.
    (Lando being the first. IMO. 'Cuz Lando doesn't even need abilities. Take Han and Leia's abilities away from them THEN, how good are your chances of winning, or even just staying alive... This is why Lando is the best.)

(Lando and) Finn, thanks to their specific abilities, can shoot down that really annoying, pesky, fly-boy... Boba Fett. In HVV, when Boba is the target, this is kind of a really big deal. (Yeah, any blaster wielder can shoot at a flying target, but the odds of successfully landing a killing shot are increased dramatically with an ability that locks on.)

I disagree, and I'd go as far to say he is the worst blaster hero. Han and Leia do insane damage with head-shots, with good accuracy and rof and cards to add on to their primary gun. One word for boba, chewy.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • One word for boba, chewy.

Yes, it's hard to masticate Boba with all that armor.

ZI7BNkU.gif

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Before deadeye was nerfed he was one of the best heros.
  • Spiito
    1846 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I disagree, and I'd go as far to say he is the worst blaster hero. Han and Leia do insane damage with head-shots, with good accuracy and rof and cards to add on to their primary gun. One word for Boba, Chewy.
    Well, you're certainly welcome to your own opinions. But instead of Finn, Han is probably the best candidate, to hold the title of 'worst blaster hero', if anyone.
    tumblr_o3n28eZRjD1v9jw9oo1_400.gif
    Also, Chewy is a very slow character, both in movement, and in rate of fire. Trying to shoot your target out of the air is less effective when your target can move faster than you can shoot or follow. Not to mention Boba can simply take cover on higher ground during Furious Bowcaster. Lastly, abilities which allow Chewy to disable another character's movement don't work very well, when your target is out of range.
    Post edited by Spiito on
    "A fair fight is where everyone loses."
  • FYI he's not just the right age to be a gamer, he actually is and makes kind of a big deal about it (is it bad that I used that reference unconsciously?). That's probably why he did the 'This is Battlefront 2' video, and agreed to do the voice acting and modelling for Battlefront (he might have just been in it for the money, and he would have been paid as well of course).

Do you think he mains Finn?
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • He's actually very good. His abilities recharge fast and when used right you can make heroes run in circles trying to get you. I laugh at heroes trying to chase me down when I use that ability that gives a little speed and then another teammates blindsides them. He's definitely a supportive hero, but stay close to teammates and utilize all his abilities and he's great.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    FYI he's not just the right age to be a gamer, he actually is and makes kind of a big deal about it (is it bad that I used that reference unconsciously?). That's probably why he did the 'This is Battlefront 2' video, and agreed to do the voice acting and modelling for Battlefront (he might have just been in it for the money, and he would have been paid as well of course).

If any of you recall he tweeted out back “why doesn’t battlefront 1 have a campaign” when it came out.

Finn is a game changer if in the right hands, he is a team player not a Lone Ranger character.
  • Finn only had his godlike damage toned down. He still has the best team buff in the game and he's still good for easy dps. A coordinated Finn+Rey+Yoda+X is a nightmare to fight.
  • Billkwando
    1747 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    FYI he's not just the right age to be a gamer, he actually is and makes kind of a big deal about it (is it bad that I used that reference unconsciously?). That's probably why he did the 'This is Battlefront 2' video, and agreed to do the voice acting and modelling for Battlefront (he might have just been in it for the money, and he would have been paid as well of course).

Oh neat! For some reason, I had the impression (or was told) that the only person they could get (besides Iden, duh, lol) is BIlly Dee Williams (the joke being that he probably doesn't exactly have a full schedule these days). I really did wonder if they got the GoT lady for Phasma. That, or the dark side announcer in SA does an amazing impression of her ("The battle may be lost, but the war is FAAAAAAH from ovah!")

;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• OOM19 wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »

You are telling me that arguably the second best Blaster Hero in the game (Challenged only by Leia and Lando) is "Rubbish"?
    Second best blaster hero?

• I’m on the fence about how Finn is.
    At release, he was a monster. I can see why he needed to be toned down a bit.
    But now I’m trying to figure out if he’s balanced but seems a little weak because of how good he once was or if he was brought down a little too much.
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    I’m on the fence about how Finn is.
    At release, he was a monster. I can see why he needed to be toned down a bit.
    But now I’m trying to figure out if he’s balanced but seems a little weak because of how good he once was or if he was brought down a little too much.

He needs a back up, he is not Solo, Lando, Chewie or Leia to 1v1 force users if not on highground.
  • My lord was he broken, but now he’s just meh. I don’t really like to play as him anymore, and I never did in the first place. He felt very cheap but now he’s just weak.