criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Boba Fett complaints

A_C0NFU53D_SH03
581 posts Member
edited February 2018
Stop complaining about his new jetpack in HvV. It's harder to catch him but he's still very, very catchable. He runs out of fuel, can get locked on with deadeye and sharpshot, can still get shot in general, and Chewbacca can shoot him out of the sky. People don't like challenges and it's disgusting.

Replies

  • Stop ruining Boba Fett for people who actually play with him. He excels over other heroes in HvV like many others do.
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think he's impossible to control with the new jet pack. Preferred how it was before.

    Maybe I just need to learn how to use him better.
  • Madbri
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Stop complaining about his new jetpack in HvV. It's harder to catch him but he's still very, very catchable. He runs out of fuel, can get locked on with deadeye and sharpshot, can still get shot in general, and Chewbacca can shoot him out of the sky. People don't like challenges and it's disgusting.

    Yes he can be dealt with but it’s really fustrating chasing him around n him hinding places n trying to get to him.
  • Madbri wrote: »
    Stop complaining about his new jetpack in HvV. It's harder to catch him but he's still very, very catchable. He runs out of fuel, can get locked on with deadeye and sharpshot, can still get shot in general, and Chewbacca can shoot him out of the sky. People don't like challenges and it's disgusting.

    Yes he can be dealt with but it’s really fustrating chasing him around n him hinding places n trying to get to him.

    Some other frustrating things in HvV are getting stunned, ragdolled, Palpatine spinning away, Luke running away, and Maul spinning away. Does that mean these things should be taken away or nerfed? No.
  • There all easy to catch but fett isn’t that easy to catch sometimes n plus there’s hinding places he can get to n nobody else can.
  • Madbri wrote: »
    There all easy to catch but fett isn’t that easy to catch sometimes n plus there’s hinding places he can get to n nobody else can.

    We're talking about his speed with a jetpack. He can get to hiding places no matter how fast it is.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I might stop posting on these forums. There are just too many ridiculous threads like this. Have you ever actually played against a good Boba player on Yavin, Tattooine or Takodana? Do you know how unenjoyable those matches become? Or do you just like to play Boba so you want him to have every advantage possible.

    Honestly, I don't play as Boba that much.
    Post edited by A_C0NFU53D_SH03 on
  • Clone201
    3698 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The main problem is that his jetpack allows him achieve high elevation and to reach up to many spots where no one else can get to him. Note that this problem was evident even before 1.2 and is still doable from there. Also, he can use the map designs to his advantage to run about and overextend the match for long periods of time until the enemy target eventually gives up or dies, assuming he is the priority (target) of course. Flying around and around the map cheating death and up to unreachable spots where none have a shot on him, that is exactly what Boba Fett is and how he is used when it comes to Heroes vs Villains. It is a cheap, skill-less way to win on of those target fights in Heroes vs Villains at the moment.

    Now that his jetpack movement speed had been drastically buffed since 1.2, he can outrun anyone (faster than Palpatine, faster than Darth Maul), thus good, lucky Boba players can't ever be killed if they prioritize avoiding a select few heroes that normally would otherwise end their lives, on almost every map possible.

    Though not game-breaking or broken, it's too overpowered in Heroes vs Villains right now. It ruins the fun and creates unfair consequences (imbalance).

    Those that don't have a problem with Boba either don't play HvV, have yet to encounter a decent player, or play on PC where fast moving, evasive targets like him are hardly an issue.
    Post edited by Clone201 on
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.
  • Thing is no one ever said his jetpack was bad or slow or needed any work other than the bug that made it quit working which still happens after patch 1.2, but the devs thought it would be a good idea to make him able to cross a map in 3 seconds lmao that's just so op.
  • Clone201
    3698 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    Not everyone plays in a party, that's 1).

    2) His jetpack movement speed makes him very difficult to hit with Chewbacca and a single shot that hits him will not always be enough, as he can still remain in the air after direct hits sometimes. Also, if Boba is running away and unless you manage to have him fall off the map, stunning him out of the air won't always work if he manages to have cover when he lands.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Boba was great before 1.2 and nobody asked for a jetpack change. He is rediculously fast now, and chasing him down while the Sith squad zerg you has ruined HvV.

    It is no longer fun to be on the light side against a competent dark side. Most players just quit when they are on the light side.
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    Not everyone plays in a party, that's 1).

    2) His jetpack movement speed makes him very difficult to hit with Chewbacca and a single shot that hits him will not always be enough, as he can still remain in the air after direct hits sometimes. Also, if Boba is running away and unless you manage to have him fall off the map, stunning him out of the air won't always work if he manages to have cover when he lands.

    Umm, yeah. Exactly correct.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I might stop posting on these forums. There are just too many ridiculous threads like this. Have you ever actually played against a good Boba player on Yavin, Tattooine or Takodana? Do you know how unenjoyable those matches become? Or do you just like to play Boba so you want him to have every advantage possible?

    Don't stop.
    We are all just one voice each. The more voices of logic we have, the better. We must drown out the voices of illogic.
    Never stop.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I might stop posting on these forums. There are just too many ridiculous threads like this. Have you ever actually played against a good Boba player on Yavin, Tattooine or Takodana? Do you know how unenjoyable those matches become? Or do you just like to play Boba so you want him to have every advantage possible?

    Don't stop.
    We are all just one voice each. The more voices of logic we have, the better. We must drown out the voices of illogic.
    Never stop.

    Hurtful
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I might stop posting on these forums. There are just too many ridiculous threads like this. Have you ever actually played against a good Boba player on Yavin, Tattooine or Takodana? Do you know how unenjoyable those matches become? Or do you just like to play Boba so you want him to have every advantage possible?

    Don't stop.
    We are all just one voice each. The more voices of logic we have, the better. We must drown out the voices of illogic.
    Never stop.

    Hurtful

    I'm guessing he doesn't mean to be hurtful. However, it does defy logic to suggest that Boba, in his current state, is remotely fair for HvV. Take him out of the equation and the Dark Side is still light years ahead of the Light Side. Leave him in the equation and it's game over for randoms and a struggle for coordinated teams.

    It doesn't matter how good your team is, a Boba who is competent enough to fly across the map every time someone gets close is always a problem. My team's strategy is always to try and kill him before he becomes the target. It's just too frustrating to deal with.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • He's just a pain to go up against in HvV, in the hands of a good player he's so hard to kill and can wreck everybody
  • GenxDarchi
    7721 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Blazur wrote: »
    I think he's impossible to control with the new jet pack.

    686ac075524461c2f1b972c032de0a08.gif

    Boba Fett? Where? A New Boba Fett player trying out the jetpack for the first time on Tatooine jundlands.
    SWBF2, HvV. Colorized

    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I might stop posting on these forums. There are just too many ridiculous threads like this. Have you ever actually played against a good Boba player on Yavin, Tattooine or Takodana? Do you know how unenjoyable those matches become? Or do you just like to play Boba so you want him to have every advantage possible?

    Noobs enjoy running around the map/camping, because that's the only way for them to stand the ground.
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.

    That's rather petty of you. You've completely ignored the latter part of my statement about needing to be good with chewy and have a co-ordinated team. I have no problem killing Boba Fett when he's zooming around, I've been killed many times as Boba Fett when zooming around.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably just bad at the game.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.

    That's rather petty of you. You've completely ignored the latter part of my statement about needing to be good with chewy and have a co-ordinated team. I have no problem killing Boba Fett when he's zooming around, I've been killed many times as Boba Fett when zooming around.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably just bad at the game.

    +1
  • I won't even play boba if theres a good chewie, you can't do anything ever.
  • Clone201
    3698 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.

    That's rather petty of you. You've completely ignored the latter part of my statement about needing to be good with chewy and have a co-ordinated team. I have no problem killing Boba Fett when he's zooming around, I've been killed many times as Boba Fett when zooming around.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably just bad at the game.

    If you have no problem defeating Boba Fett with Chewbacca, let alone struggle to stay alive, it leads me to the conclusion that you specifically must be on the PC, where that is an entirely different playerbase. It is way easier to aim and shoot on PC, meaning fast and evasive targets such as the likes of Boba are much less of an issue than when compared to Xbox or PS4 where said fast and evasive targets are more of a struggle even for the best players.

    The user you were talking to is on the PS4, where Boba Fett is harder to defeat from there on out.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.

    That's rather petty of you. You've completely ignored the latter part of my statement about needing to be good with chewy and have a co-ordinated team. I have no problem killing Boba Fett when he's zooming around, I've been killed many times as Boba Fett when zooming around.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably just bad at the game.

    If you have no problem defeating Boba Fett despite his super sonic, half-starfighter speed, then you must play on PC (I'm speculating), where that platform is an entirely different playerbase. It's way easier to aim and shoot on that platform, meaning fast and evasive targets like Boba and Palpatine are much less of an issue compared to console, Xbox and PS4 alike.

    Bobas jetpack is cancer to HvV. No one asked for the change because it wasn't needed, and if theirs a halfway decent boba player in a game that's a easy 3 points just cus he can traverse the map in 3 seconds.
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    "leave Boba alone, if you just run and jump and dodge 3 enemies and survive and climb this random wall and tip-toe past this ledge you'll get a clear shot at him! and then when he flys to the other side of the map in 4 seconds you can repeat the process.....see he's fine l2p!"
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I am kind of on the fence with this one. He's got a direct counter in Chewbacca, but you need to be good with Chewbacca and have a fairly co-ordinated team, in order to successfully counter him.

    For the casuals it will be a difficult task, but for the guys who take it a little more serious and play in groups, it will be fairly easy to counter in my opinion.

    A direct counter? Because Chewie can shoot him out of the air from across the map? Or because Chewie can run so fast that he can reach Boba and shock him before he takes off?

    Don't take this the wrong way, but your opinion is wrong.

    That's rather petty of you. You've completely ignored the latter part of my statement about needing to be good with chewy and have a co-ordinated team. I have no problem killing Boba Fett when he's zooming around, I've been killed many times as Boba Fett when zooming around.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably just bad at the game.

    If you have no problem defeating Boba Fett despite his super sonic, half-starfighter speed, then you must play on PC (I'm speculating), where that platform is an entirely different playerbase. It's way easier to aim and shoot on that platform, meaning fast and evasive targets like Boba and Palpatine are much less of an issue compared to console, Xbox and PS4 alike.

    The user you were talking to is on the PS4, where Boba Fett is harder to defeat from there on out.

    Yeah, I'm on PC and I do see your point, I just gave him what he gave me is all.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!