criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Podracing?!

I would love to see the return of podracing in Battlefront II, as a more of laid back game to take a break from all the fighting and go race with your friends. It is true that podracing wasn't perfect in past star wars games (Star wars Kinect) but I am sure that the team over at DICE and EA can handle this challenge. This could serve as a mini event, where for example, every, lets say 3 months we would have a special championship event or something like that. The game right now is very high into combat (which I love) but sometimes I just want to do some laid back playing where I don't have to worry about getting shot everywhere.
Make sure to like and comment on this post so the team sees this.

Replies

• OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    Sounds more up Criterion’s alley than DICE’s since they do the SA content. Plus DICE probably has enough on their plate. Not sure how excited I would be to play it. Used to play podracing on the N64 religiously. Don’t know if they could do it justice as a small additional mode.
  • Eeeeeeh. Would do better as it's own fleshed out game.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Compo
    59 posts Member
    Personally, id prefer Dice to concentrate on this game right now...then on the next battlefield (please be more like Bad Company 2/BF3/BF4, than battlefield 1 or Hardline).

But to each his own ;)
  • Would rather have moisture farming than this it sounds way more interesting.

To be fair I don't like racing games.
  • Palpa
    125 posts Member
    I was saying this to some friends and how they need to make a new pod racing game. The one of the N64 has a cult following.

However, i wouldnt want EA to make it because then it would be built around monetization and made as a game service, instead of just focusing on the game first.

Would much rather wait for Disney to change the exclusive license to another developer.
  • You want a racing mini game within a shooting game? I mean like I understand that you like racing games and all that but perhaps you should go look at those to fulfill your racing needs. Just my advice, my recommendation, my opinion, my counseling. You're welcome.
  • Absolutely not. This is Star Wars: Battlefront, not Episode I: Racer. Why would Criterion waste time on a podracing mode for a game that is supposed to be about living out your Star Wars battle fantasies, when they could be making new modes for Arcade, new vehicles for Galactic Assault, or new starfighters and maps for Starfighter Assault?

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Lonnisity
    1939 posts Member
    Nope.

(Short reply because it's been asked to death and it has absolutely no place in a shooter game.)
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    Minigames~!
    Pod racing championships every May Fourth (or something) would be a cute addition. Although I'm a bit more interested in the idea of swoop racing, personally.
    But I like Dgulle01's idea too. An offline map consisting of Luke's old place, to explore, and make a few side credits/crafting parts off of, via moisture farming, would be quaint. Mind you, I'm one of those people who enjoys sandbox games like Harvest Moon . . . so. *Shrug*
  • Actually, you have a bit pod racing on Crait :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• CaptainM09
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Absolutely not. This is Star Wars: Battlefront, not Episode I: Racer. Why would Criterion waste time on a podracing mode for a game that is supposed to be about living out your Star Wars battle fantasies, when they could be making new modes for Arcade, new vehicles for Galactic Assault, or new starfighters and maps for Starfighter Assault?

This is why I want it to be just a mini game or something like that. I know this is a shooter game, but as you said, its about living your star wars fantasies, and some people dream about podracing
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Absolutely not. This is Star Wars: Battlefront, not Episode I: Racer. Why would Criterion waste time on a podracing mode for a game that is supposed to be about living out your Star Wars battle fantasies, when they could be making new modes for Arcade, new vehicles for Galactic Assault, or new starfighters and maps for Starfighter Assault?

This is why I want it to be just a mini game or something like that. I know this is a shooter game, but as you said, its about living your star wars fantasies, and some people dream about podracing

Then that's why it should be its own game. It's a waste of time and potential for something like this to be in a different game.
  • hsf_
    1319 posts Member
    This would most definitely be awesome, but it would require a full development cycle(it's own game) to get it right, in my opinion. They could do it similar to how Wipeout played if anyone remembers that?
  • Great Idea. Would love a Podracing element! As long as Criterion were at the reins.

pH
  • If they had a server browser the community would have already created this content.
  • hsf_
    1319 posts Member
    Skywacker wrote: »
    If they had a server browser the community would have already created this content.

You're absolutely right. It's amazing some of the creations that appear when a game is open for modding. Look at ARK as an example or Planet Coaster, some of those creations are incredible!