criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] Luke Hoth Skin Challenge Available!

Replies

• 500 Credits and an Iden Victory pose ...... :/

All I got were credits. Meanwhile, i can't even unlock emotes for bossk and he's my most used hero.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I got a iden emote. Even though emotes not fix yet lol but hey. And got 500 credits.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    So it seems most are unhappy with the length of the challenge.

Will this be passed to the team and looked into @T0TALfps? Or is it too late?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Hopefully something gets changed especially since some people got it early due to a bug. Personally I think the skins should be tied to the hero achievements in the game already. For example...complete all 3 Luke challenges and you unlock the skin.
  • Sithmaga
    219 posts Member
    It would be nice to know how many parts of this challenge you have to play until you get the Luke skin. But the name cosmetic crate is missleading. Is this a bug? I got no skin :(
    @FireWall @Sledgehammer70
    It would be nice to know how many parts of this challenge you have to play until you get the Luke skin. But the name cosmetic crate is missleading. Is this a bug? I got no skin :(

Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

b6vzww.jpg
  • Sithmaga
    219 posts Member
    I realize “cosmetic crate” is miss leading. So how does one wear 550 credits for cosmetic. Lol

b6vzww.jpg
  • Sithmaga
    219 posts Member
    One more thing. How the space worms you quote? I don’t know what I did above but it looks awful wrong.

b6vzww.jpg
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Hopefully something gets changed especially since some people got it early due to a bug. Personally I think the skins should be tied to the hero achievements in the game already. For example...complete all 3 Luke challenges and you unlock the skin.

Not a bad idea...

I think more for me, I was expecting 4 weeks from the patch release for all skins to have had their challenges by then (i.e. one skin per week), which i think would be more sensible and would give players more to look forward to. Its not like we would expect a skin per week after that, its just for this bundle. But 3 weeks per skin? Its taking the mick.
  • JackTHorn
    3549 posts Member
    Hoth skins free for all, asap, and bound to Hoth and Starkiller, loading automatically when those maps come up.

All other skins should come with challenges tied to the hero, or maybe some are available for credits.

Yellow jacket Luke. Pilot Luke. Vest Han. Bespin Luke. Bespin Lando. ROTJ uniform Leia. Skins usable on any map, any time.

A few certain skins can follow the Hoth method: Old Luke from TFA should be free and load automatically on any sequel map, replacing Hoth Luke on Starkiller. Same with Old Han.

That's what seems best to me.

Will this be passed to the team and looked into T0TALfps? Or is it too late?

This. Also they are promising us updates or new content since december, but the only thing we get are 3 recycled skins which you can only unlock within 3 weeks. It's like a joke.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

This. Also they are promising us updates or new content since december, but the only thing we get are 3 recycled skins which you can only unlock within 3 weeks. It's like a joke.

Yep. Which would take us to May.
  • 8mgwt0bb55jw.jpg

Pretty much sums up allot of this game, including this Luke skin controversy.
    Luke main
  • They other poor thing about this is that we don't get the normal weekend challenge where I can get a trooper, hero or starfighter crate and actually get something useful like crafting parts or some cards, heck even the multiple duplicate cards I usually get would get me way more than this measly garbage 500 credits.
  • Only credits for myself as well, if this is a bug and part 2 is Han and part 3 Leia i sure hope its rectified and we all get the skin we haven't received, wish someone would at leat clarify things.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    scoobm wrote: »
    Only credits for myself as well, if this is a bug and part 2 is Han and part 3 Leia i sure hope its rectified and we all get the skin we haven't received, wish someone would at leat clarify things.

Its not mate - Lukes skin challenges are happening for the next 2 weekends too
  • Can we please get a challenge in order to unlock Ahrch To Rey?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• InFernoZ
    277 posts Member
    Can we please get a challenge in order to unlock Ahrch To Rey?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Probably another 12 weeks of weekend challenges for that @Ahsoka_Tano :wink:

And do you want MAPS from the last game? That will be a 52 week challenge sir.
    Luke main
  • only got 550 credits, what a Gorram waste of time
  • Quite strange for 3 weeks to unlock a skin. Should of been two weeks or just 1 week for each skin. Though I am sure if we complain we'll get them earlier.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Yeah it is a joke. A Hoth set would be more appropriate. They might just give us a sample of each set, then add micro transactions where a complete set will exist for each setting.
  • IonYaleY wrote: »
    I got a iden emote. Even though emotes not fix yet lol but hey. And got 500 credits.

Nice catch, buddy.

Thanks.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • Darth_Evil wrote: »
    only got 550 credits, what a Gorram waste of time

Excellent use of Gorram!
  • Can you do this in a starfighter or does it have to be on the ground?
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    what you playing it on pc or console

PC. But it's a quality Dice bug.

Can the developers get any thing right ?
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Pjay wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    what you playing it on pc or console

PC. But it's a quality Dice bug.

Can the developers get any thing right ?

They seem to have vanished! Magic!
  • Hailmick
    338 posts Member
    The way I see it the hoth snow related skins should be on maps like hoth NO Challenges to unlock them you choose Luke you get him in a different skin like In swbf1 it's almost silly and people are unhappy cause they should be in use now as there in the game the fact they were locked out is well just silly
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Draeden wrote: »
    Can you do this in a starfighter or does it have to be on the ground?

Think it's only ground troopers, I did it in Blast.
  • Maybe Luke weekend challenge was part 1, Leia weekend challenge will be part 2? Han part 3? That would be more reasonable.
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    [Megathread] Luke Hoth Skin Challenge Available!

Ehh, in about 3 Weeks

BugsBunnycarrotsmall.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    2nd Part - New Challenge: Play 5 times the objective .
    Good luck with that ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Can we please get a challenge in order to unlock Ahrch To Rey?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Probably another 12 weeks of weekend challenges for that Ahsoka_Tano :wink:
    I would even pay for this skin.

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• 2nd Part - New Challenge: Play 5 times the objective .
    Good luck with that ;)

It can be done very quickly in SA, good times. :)
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Good luck with that ;)

Whats the prize? Another cosmetics crate?

90% of the playerbase will struggle with playing the objective lol
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Good luck with that ;)

The new screen shows that there will be more skins soon. Hoth Luke, Leia and Han are just the preparation. I think this refers to the upcoming update. Yeah, it's a cosmetic crate again.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Psybernaut wrote: »
    Good luck with that ;)

It can be done very quickly in SA, good times. :)

Good idea. Done.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• it says a multiplayer map meaning any yet when u play hvv and kill target it don't count? Kinda misleading isn't it?
  • Victory Pose and Credits.
    ais736pl0iig.png
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    csmason85 wrote: »
    it says a multiplayer map meaning any yet when u play hvv and kill target it don't count? Kinda misleading isn't it?

I think you have to leave the match. The challenges aren't updated correctly in the post match screen.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Good luck with that ;)

The new screen shows that there will be more skins soon. Hoth Luke, Leia and Han are just the preparation. I think this refers to the upcoming update. Yeah, it's a cosmetic crate again.

The mtx will be cosmetics only. Hopefully.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Good luck with that ;)

Oh this has made me excited now
  • Got my Cosmetics Crate. Just credits inside.

Would have been good if they'd put trooper skins/aliens in the crates leading up to the final skin you're doing the challenges for.
    PSN: Tallion828
  • Got my Cosmetics Crate. Just credits inside.

Would have been good if they'd put trooper skins/aliens in the crates leading up to the final skin you're doing the challenges for.

The entire name "cosmetic crate" is missleading. Only the last one should be named like this.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• The entire name "cosmetic crate" is missleading. Only the last one should be named like this.

Yes, I totally agree.

PSN: Tallion828
  • What a stupidly worded challenge. I just played 2 rounds of SA and played the objective a ton. I also played 3 rounds of Strike delivering the package twice and also protecting the guy with the package. I figured all that would be enough to get the challenge done. My progress? 1/5. Wow.

• The entire name "cosmetic crate" is missleading. Only the last one should be named like this.

Right? Would it be so hard to change a label tag to "Challenge Reward Crate 1/2" or something like that? "Cosmetic Crate" leads me to believe I will be receiving a "cosmetic." I guess in some variation of logic, you could suggest a victory pose or emote is cosmetic, but when you're getting 550 credits only, there is nothing that could be argued as cosmetic. When I think of cosmetic, I'm thinking skins, plain and simple. Like a viking helmet for Bossk to wear in HvV.