criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Rule - When Boba Is Marked In HvV, He Can't Use Jetpack Until There Is A Jetpack Hero Counter

Sgt_Fergus
2176 posts Member
edited March 2018
I love his jetpack but both used against me and when I use it against Heroes it might as well just give the point to the Villains. I was Jetpacking all over Tatooine that none of their ranged heroes ever could get a clear line of site. "oh you are trying to get close to me. Oh god that's so adorable. Team Rocket blasting off again!" I could get across the map in about 3 seconds. There is no fairness in this. It's nice they nerfed his climb but now his speed is a factor as he can get anywhere in a hurry. It makes him a great hero in GA but in HvV he is basically a guaranteed victory. I actually made 3 people quit because the marked player on their team was goign all boss taking out all my team mates single-handedly and all I had to do was run away the entire time. There was no way to get to me. I can just keep going around the map. Never get shot and will survive forever. Either no jetpack while being marked, or they need to introduce a counter jetpack hero like Maz or Sabine Wren. Someone that can counter him in the air with a jetpack as well. I thought Finn would be good enough but after the aim bot nerf he can't get enough hits in for boba to make a full 100% recovery. So something will need to be done to balance that jetpack or might as well just give Villains the point.
Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Then give him full health regen.

Hes trash when by a lightsaber hero.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Then give him full health regen.

Hes trash when by a lightsaber hero.

sure idc long as he can't just fly to the other side of the map in 3 seconds and do this infinitely. He can't just be able to run away the entire game and never die. That's easily broken, not up for debate, broken.
  • KresusFIN
    2063 posts Member
    Not had this experience yet. I've always been able to pick off runaway-Bobas with Finn's deadeye. The 25% increased range card works wonders for Boba and Palps both.

If the other team actively hunts down the would-be hunters though... That makes it take a wee bit longer.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Not had this experience yet. I've always been able to pick off runaway-Bobas with Finn's deadeye. The 25% increased range card works wonders for Boba and Palps both.

If the other team actively hunts down the would-be hunters though... That makes it take a wee bit longer.

I tried man. both being on the giving and receiving end. I have played as boba and maxed out he is so fast you can't be touched. I played 3 matches as him, even 1 time got hit. When ever I heard footsteps I just took off and went somewhere else. I kept messing with this 1 payer kept flying away every time he got close. I just watch him stand there and disconnect. There was no point, he was never going to get me.

Basically it went like this the entire match every time I played as Boba.

• No problem tooking him off w/ Finn's deadeye or Chewie. The others are unusefull btw. :/
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    mathxlrose wrote: »
    No problem tooking him off w/ Finn's deadeye or Chewie. The others are unusefull btw. :/

well i guess i should of been more clear. boba in invincible unless the guy playing boba is either A) AFK or B) dumb enough to stuck around and fight. As long as he keeps running with max jetpack card. you can just fly over the map. i mean really i was never even touched in all 3 matches and even if i had been i could of easily gotten all health back. i mean it was funny but sad to see a top player playing finn chasing me down and couldn't hit me with his aim bot and just quiet because he knew, deep down in his heart, no matter how hard he tried. I would just keep jetpacking away. Because it is that easy of a no skill to do.just use jetpack, and when you are out, use the scanner that gives you infinite times jetpack and when that runs out your jetpack will be full again by the time they catch back up. do that and they will never hit you.

you say you did it trying to kill boba. try playing as him and legitimately avoid enemy players in HvV and tell me it's not the easiest thing to do.
  • Boba is for cowards.
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    well i would say finn is a counter to Boba but deadeye was nerfed into the ground......

and yea chewie can blow him out of the sky but (on console especially) its very difficulty to hit him when he's flying around...

idk that i have a solution to this because he is a sitting duck without his jet pack....

but overall i feel the mobility of certain heroes/villains can make HvV very annoying and there should be a timer in which every 60 seconds the target's movement speed is reduced 15%

being the target as say Han Solo while Maul is the other teams target i might as well just jump off a ledge.

overall the mobility imbalance between dark side and light side is ridiculous too.... 4 force users compared to 3 (if yoda even counts) as well as boba and Bossk whom has a great combat roll still and increased jump
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    wwkingms wrote: »
    well i would say finn is a counter to Boba but deadeye was nerfed into the ground......

and yea chewie can blow him out of the sky but (on console especially) its very difficulty to hit him when he's flying around...

idk that i have a solution to this because he is a sitting duck without his jet pack....

but overall i feel the mobility of certain heroes/villains can make HvV very annoying and there should be a timer in which every 60 seconds the target's movement speed is reduced 15%

being the target as say Han Solo while Maul is the other teams target i might as well just jump off a ledge.

overall the mobility imbalance between dark side and light side is ridiculous too.... 4 force users compared to 3 (if yoda even counts) as well as boba and Bossk whom has a great combat roll still and increased jump

ya right about that. i get boba was definitely over nerfed with those 2 nerf batches. i think he is fairly balanced where he is at overall. it literally just is when he is marked it. then he can just run away like a coward and never get hit. ya on console trying to hit a flying target, one with a jetpack, not those aerial units they call jetpacks because those are jump packs in my play book, they can zig zag around and make it incredibly hard to hit. and ya if finns dead eye was back to how it use to be with it's range and use aim assist that bullets curve almost 90 degrees, ya i'd say he would be balanced. maybe make a patch where finn can hit air units with the old method if they are not on the ground. idk serious would balance it all if we could get a light side jetpack user. then it would be completely balanced.
  • bfloo
    14044 posts Member
    Take away his jetpack while the target he'll last 3 seconds.

They need to let saber users dash and attack while jumping.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

To beat a bad guy with a jetpack they need a good guy with a jetpack
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

So give teachers jetpacks?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    alunguy wrote: »

So give teachers jetpacks?

exactly
  • lmao boba sucks without his jetpack might aswell just give them free point. his jetpack only thing that keeps him alive longer.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    csmason85 wrote: »
    lmao boba sucks without his jetpack might aswell just give them free point. his jetpack only thing that keeps him alive longer.

more like keeps him alive forever. until they make a good guy with a jetpack, there is no way to balance him. That's why they need to bring in Maz and Sabine Wren ans no doubt Jango will eventually be brought in and 2 good guys with jetpacks and 2 bad guys with jetpacks. because right now if boba is marked. all he has to do is runaway, nothing else, and he will win.
  • I feel like every change made, is made with only GA in mind.
    Including this one.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • chewie can shot him down luke can force push him out of sky and han can knock him down with his detonate. plus finn can still melt him with deadeye. can he run yeah but so can luke or rey or even maul those are all characters that people love to do nothing but running with and be just as effective as boba at it.
  • I feel like every change made, is made with only GA in mind.
    Including this one.

This! And I'm extremely sad because HvV is my favorite mode, yet everyone likes to run around with generic boring troopers in a spawn / run / die never ending zergfest.. Why people love GA so much I will never understand, I hate that mode with all my heart.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    chewie can shot him down luke can force push him out of sky and han can knock him down with his detonate. plus finn can still melt him with deadeye. can he run yeah but so can luke or rey or even maul those are all characters that people love to do nothing but running with and be just as effective as boba at it.

false chewie cannot from far away. and on console it is way harder. you keep givign examples as if boba is right next to them. you need to stop playing the backseat driver examples where you put it in your scenarios. think of boba being a mile away. now explain how do you get to him. if you get half way, he will jump another half mile away. so again explain how to counter that? quick answer, you can't. we can 1v1 and i will gladly show you on xbox you will spend at least a good 3 hours chasing me before you call quits. probably sooner and say "nvm you are right" you will never shoot boba a mile away with his bowcaster. you will never through a detonator a mile away with han you will never hit boba with deadeye with finn, especially after they nerf the assist and range. you will never get a shoot on boba with leia at the jetpack speed he moves at, not enough arc in the turn. you will will never be able to touch him with a lightsaber based user. All of the examples you gave will never happen if the player decides to run away. only 2 ways a marked boba player will die is either if they are afk or dumb enough to stay and fight. in those cases obviously. but if they decided to just coward away they can do it forever and never get touched. his jetpack is mathematically and obviously visually you can't debate that, faster than any of the other heroes and recharges fast. so he can do it all day long if a player wanted to. no skill, just fly around all day and never get killed. "well lets be like scooby and the gang and split up" i know that was going to be your next point so i will defeat it now, you split up, he finds a perch to rest, you cant get to him. and when you split up, that leaved the villain team 3 to 1 on the marked hero. so by the time you get to boba, your hero will be dead.

I mean we can jump on SWBF2 right now and we can do this. i will gladly 1v1 you and show you you will not ever get close to me if i am boba. it's just not going to happen and you know it. unless you make 1 blaster hit, 1 tiny hit knock him out of the sky and disable his rockets for a good 10 seconds, you will never touch him. 1 shot from chewie or han a mile away is not going to do it. even if he were to fall out of the sky. he wouldn't jsut get up, jetpack away and recharge 100% health. so until his jetpack is disabled or they, again make a counter, there is no way to balance him.
    I feel like every change made, is made with only GA in mind.
    Including this one.

confused this change is only for HvV
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    chewie can shot him down luke can force push him out of sky and han can knock him down with his detonate. plus finn can still melt him with deadeye. can he run yeah but so can luke or rey or even maul those are all characters that people love to do nothing but running with and be just as effective as boba at it.

Yeah yeah, good luck hitting Boba that's flying at full speed. I call ****! So Luke force pushes him, he falls down, gets up and flies away, yeeeeh very "useful".. Han can't throw his nade that high up and if Boba is flying around good luck hitting him, again, Finns deadeye is crap now, once you start hitting Boba with it, he just full speed flies away, at best you take away half his health and he just regens.. So yeah, all your points, utter **** :)
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member

Yeah yeah, good luck hitting Boba that's flying at full speed. I call ****! So Luke force pushes him, he falls down, gets up and flies away, yeeeeh very "useful".. Han can't throw his nade that high up and if Boba is flying around good luck hitting him, again, Finns deadeye is **** now, once you start hitting Boba with it, he just full speed flies away, at best you take away half his health and he just regens.. So yeah, all your points, utter **** :)

Ive killed multiple bobas.

Landos sharpshot works too.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member

Yeah yeah, good luck hitting Boba that's flying at full speed. I call ****! So Luke force pushes him, he falls down, gets up and flies away, yeeeeh very "useful".. Han can't throw his nade that high up and if Boba is flying around good luck hitting him, again, Finns deadeye is **** now, once you start hitting Boba with it, he just full speed flies away, at best you take away half his health and he just regens.. So yeah, all your points, utter **** :)

THANK YOU, said it better than I could
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member

Ive killed multiple bobas.

Landos sharpshot works too.

you didn't listen *smh* why bother
  • New rule - when a hero is dead they are dead....they don't come running around the corner 30 seconds later....this mode is awful compared to SWBF1 version.

And yeah, Boba ruins it completely...
  • This is why I always ask... How the **** did you die as Boba??
  • Fugazi_123 wrote: »
    New rule - when a hero is dead they are dead....they don't come running around the corner 30 seconds later....this mode is awful compared to SWBF1 version.

And yeah, Boba ruins it completely...

Ya I know how you feel
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    This is why I always ask... How the **** did you die as Boba??

Exactly. If you die as boba when marked you have to be trash because it is so easy to run away with jetpack.
    In fact, all purple cards you might as well be in the sky forever doing laps around the map.
  • I find Maul and Luke more frustrating than Boba if when they are the target the player just runs away all the time.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    I find Maul and Luke more frustrating than Boba if when they are the target the player just runs away all the time.

i know some players like Palpy when marked run away but you can always keep somewhat close. boba, if he runs away, you can go fast and far away from others with no chance for anyone to keep up.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    I find Maul and Luke more frustrating than Boba if when they are the target the player just runs away all the time.

i know some players like Palpy when marked run away but you can always keep somewhat close. boba, if he runs away, you can go fast and far away from others with no chance for anyone to keep up.

I suppose it seems more of a problem to me because more players choose Maul over Boba. Plus I normally pick a blaster hero so shooting Boba out of the sky is not such a problem as a super fast leaping hero! I don’t find the Palpy so bad as he’s not so fast, Luke’s only been a problem since the buff.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »

I suppose it seems more of a problem to me because more players choose Maul over Boba. Plus I normally pick a blaster hero so shooting Boba out of the sky is not such a problem as a super fast leaping hero! I don’t find the Palpy so bad as he’s not so fast, Luke’s only been a problem since the buff.

trust me, when im boba its no effort to not get shot at and just fly away it is too easy and requires no skill. if you can shoot boba, it just means the guy is a bad boba player.
  • He might as well be a free point if you take away his jetpack

Lando, Finn, and Chewbacca can all melt him
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2176 posts Member
    He might as well be a free point if you take away his jetpack

Lando, Finn, and Chewbacca can all melt him

he still got rockets, and like i said, until there is a hero jetpack user. the only way to stop a bad guy with a jetpack is a good guy with a jetpack