criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can We Have Multiple Loadout For Each Class?

Sgt_Fergus
2118 posts Member
Maybe have 3 loadouts per class where I can have a different selected primary weapons with modifications and star/boost cards, also would be cool for different emotes and victory stances and other cosmetic, etc but that part isn't necessary. The reason this feature would be helpful to players is because players have different play styles based on maps and modes and also depending if they are on offense or defense.

On a map like GA Star Killer Base, on Offense, I like to use the CR2 and rush in and usually grab the first objective right off the bat so I need a fast firing weapon and can run in quick and get to the objective about 5 seconds before the enemy shows up and hold it down. But on defense, I like to use the EL16-HFE for slow ROF, high damage accurate weapon at medium to long range. Same thing when I play heavy or officer. On defense, I like to place turrets down but on offence I like to use the bubble shield or combat shield. Also to use different cards not just for soldier classes but all classes have different loadouts. For heroes I might want to focus on using Boba's jetpack ability on a certain game mode but then focus the cards for his rockets instead on a different game mode entirely. For example, Leia's cards for making the bubble shield cooldown faster or take more damage has virtually no use in HvV but can be very useful in GA if you are trying to take or hold an objective from large groups of enemies firing at you. Even land vehicles and starfighters I would change it based on maps. Because if I remember correctly, since I haven't played Starfighter Assault in a while, some cards do literally nothing if you have an ability to make droid repairs faster but you are in a starfighter that doesn't use a droid like 1 match of Starfighter Assault I will be in a Y-Bomber but next match it will be a Hyena Bomber thus making the card useless.

Having multiple loadout would then give players a reason to want to rank up more of their cards instead of just focusing on mainly 3. It takes way too long to sit there and re-adjust cards for each map every round in the queue and have to remember which ones to use on given situations. This would be a huge time saver and very useful to players and I think would be a great feature to have.

Replies

  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I like this idea. (Although it might be a fair amount of work for them to implement it. But other than that, I'm all for it. ) The concept reminds me of the Hand system from the previous SWBF.
    fo7hV5Q.png
    ((I'm sure the Devs could make it much more graceful looking, than this but...))
    67lj0hN.png
    What you mentioned in your opening post is pretty relatable. Sometimes, I'll be running my defensive Officer, but need to switch to my offensive Specialist, but my Specialist has it's previous sniper loadout equipped, so I have to change the gun, switch a mod, swap some cards, then load in. (Only to realize what I *really* needed was my Assault, and the situation repeats itself.)
    So it would save a lot of time if there were personally saved presets. ...That way I could easily select my 'Preset-1' and happily be on my way.

    Post edited by Spiito on
  • Yes, make it happen EA/DICE.

    (who are we kidding, they can't even fix something without breaking 10 other things and all the while never deliver promised content)
  • KresusFIN
    1638 posts Member
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    Yes, make it happen EA/DICE.

    (who are we kidding, they can't even fix something without breaking 10 other things and all the while never deliver promised content)

    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Been thinking about loadout sets for a while now, it would really help, it would also maybe cut down on people using pointless cards because they can't be bothered swapping out for the map, a quick select button would make it easy ...Hvy Ion Turrets in close quarters maps for instance :s
  • I'd like that. This sort of thing already exists in Battlefield 1 with you being able to have three load outs per class. Very handy.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    I like this idea. (Although it might be a fair amount of work for them to implement it. But other than that, I'm all for it. ) The concept reminds me of the Hand system from the previous SWBF.
    fo7hV5Q.png
    ((I'm sure the Devs could make it much more graceful looking, than this but...))
    67lj0hN.png
    What you mentioned in your opening post is pretty relatable. Sometimes, I'll be running my defensive Officer, but need to switch to my offensive Specialist, but my Specialist has it's previous sniper loadout equipped, so I have to change the gun, switch a mod, swap some cards, then load in. (Only to realize what I *really* needed was my Assault, and the situation repeats itself.)
    So it would save a lot of time if there were personally saved presets. ...That way I could easily select my 'Preset-1' and happily be on my way.

    YES EXACTLY THAT!!! That would be a time saver. Something I wish Halo 5 Warzone would. This would save sooooooo much time. When it comes down to seconds that matter, you can't be sitting in queue joggling around different cards and weapons. No one wants to do that. people want to get back to it.
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    Yes, make it happen EA/DICE.

    (who are we kidding, they can't even fix something without breaking 10 other things and all the while never deliver promised content)

    At this point, we can only hope
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    Been thinking about loadout sets for a while now, it would really help, it would also maybe cut down on people using pointless cards because they can't be bothered swapping out for the map, a quick select button would make it easy ...Hvy Ion Turrets in close quarters maps for instance :s

    we can only hope the devs are seeing this
    I'd like that. This sort of thing already exists in Battlefield 1 with you being able to have three load outs per class. Very handy.

    Exactly, Halo Wars 2 and Battlefield 1 both do it.
  • I would love that so i can have my strike loadout and my ga loadout. And they need it for heroes too because there isnt enough time to change it in GA without someone else talibg the hero first.
  • I would love that so i can have my strike loadout and my ga loadout. And they need it for heroes too because there isnt enough time to change it in GA without someone else talibg the hero first.

    ya exactly. we definitely need something like Battlefield 1 has with it's classes
  • vonVile
    119 posts Member
    This is basically what I did with BF1 using their Rebel and Empire specific load outs. I used both switching between them based what phase of WA I was on.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    This is basically what I did with BF1 using their Rebel and Empire specific load outs. I used both switching between them based what phase of WA I was on.

    which is why we need the battlefield 1 loadout system
  • We need this SO much; it's sad that with the system they had in mind in the beginning they didn't brought back this feature.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • This is a no brainer and don't understand why we even have to ask for this.
  • We need this SO much; it's sad that with the system they had in mind in the beginning they didn't brought back this feature.

    ya it would help when going from strike, blast, HvV, SA, and GA. Different maps and sides require different abilities. sometimes officer with turret, sometimes with bubble shield.
    Fugazi_123 wrote: »
    This is a no brainer and don't understand why we even have to ask for this.

    This is probably one of the few post where it looks unanimous everyone wants this. I really hope they do and that we get a default selector as well so we can not only premake multiple loadouts for troopers, reinforcements, vehicles, starfighters, heroes, and hero starfighters but also select our defaults. Maybe even per map and side for each game mode, SA, GA, HvV, Strike, and Blast. This would be hugely beneficial to all players.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/102457/can-we-either-choose-default-starting-class-or-get-a-loud-notification-before-match-starts#latest
  • Good idea. The 3 different load outs were available on the last game and came in quite handy.
  • I disagree with the popular thought.

    2 Loadouts, yes but not 3.

    If you do decide to do this, have the time to change weapons be the same as reloading.
  • We do really need this. Switching in game is so painful sometimes when you just want to spawn in. Come on DICE.
  • DeNeher0 wrote: »
    Good idea. The 3 different load outs were available on the last game and came in quite handy.

    ya if they could even make it map and side defaulted to you can have it preset for every start, it would be great.
    Longarm wrote: »
    I disagree with the popular thought.

    2 Loadouts, yes but not 3.

    If you do decide to do this, have the time to change weapons be the same as reloading.

    that is not a good argument
    Khronikos wrote: »
    We do really need this. Switching in game is so painful sometimes when you just want to spawn in. Come on DICE.

    tell me about it
  • KresusFIN
    1638 posts Member
    At LEAST 2, yeah. It'd be a great idea.

    Doubly so for heroes. One needs different cards for different modes, after all.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    At LEAST 2, yeah. It'd be a great idea.

    Doubly so for heroes. One needs different cards for different modes, after all.

    i say 3 because you got strike, blast, GA. all those maps, modes, and sides can really affect what loadouts you need for weapons and cards
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Load outs please? Maybe even the skins (weapons or heads) as well.
  • Yes, yes, and yes. Asked for this in December!!
  • Kniphtee wrote: »
    Load outs please? Maybe even the skins (weapons or heads) as well.

    yes exactly that too
    Yes, yes, and yes. Asked for this in December!!

    hope they give us in the next update
    I agree. So annoying selecting a hero in GA when you realize that they have their HvV hand :grimace:

    oh boy that does suck
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!