criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lag

I really don't mind the balance issues.
I don't care if someone gets 80 kills with Palp. It's hilarious and annoying all at once. You fixed the wall issue. Thanks!

Smooth gameplay should be the highest priority. Without real change at this fundamental level, all these other issues are completely irrelevant, IMO. That's my point, but read on if you want.

Earlier this week (thursday AM, March 1st I think) the connection indicator started showing up during the respawn screen. My connection was good, according to the server. During this time, on a weekday, the game was so smooth, and so lag free, my kill count doubled with only trooper play. I am so used to having to predict lag and play with it, that once it was gone, it was so much more fun I was LOL the entire time.There was no awkward stutter when bolts impacted bodies. It was as smooth as arcade mode. Most importantly, hit boxes actually did their freaking job.

Then I think the server crashed because it kicked me out and I had to wait to log back in. When I did, the connection indicator was gone again. And the lag was back full force. Either I'm making this up, or DICE did an experiment during a low use time and it crashed them. But before it did, it worked flawlessly. I hope this means they are narrowing down the issue. I didn't realize I was going to be the leader on every board when their wasn't any lag. I want that feeling again.

25 mbps connection, 32ms to US Oregon server, no other downloads. PS4 Pro.

Replies

• I really don't mind the balance issues.
    I don't care if someone gets 80 kills with Palp. It's hilarious and annoying all at once. You fixed the wall issue. Thanks!

Smooth gameplay should be the highest priority. Without real change at this fundamental level, all these other issues are completely irrelevant, IMO. That's my point, but read on if you want.

Earlier this week (thursday AM, March 1st I think) the connection indicator started showing up during the respawn screen. My connection was good, according to the server. During this time, on a weekday, the game was so smooth, and so lag free, my kill count doubled with only trooper play. I am so used to having to predict lag and play with it, that once it was gone, it was so much more fun I was LOL the entire time.There was no awkward stutter when bolts impacted bodies. It was as smooth as arcade mode. Most importantly, hit boxes actually did their freaking job.

Then I think the server crashed because it kicked me out and I had to wait to log back in. When I did, the connection indicator was gone again. And the lag was back full force. Either I'm making this up, or DICE did an experiment during a low use time and it crashed them. But before it did, it worked flawlessly. I hope this means they are narrowing down the issue. I didn't realize I was going to be the leader on every board when their wasn't any lag. I want that feeling again.

25 mbps connection, 32ms to US Oregon server, no other downloads. PS4 Pro.

Yeah, lag is still a massive issue for me during the day when I play the bigger modes. The small modes are as smooth as butter, but unfortunately they are the least fun.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!