criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Does the reduced recoil for the TL-50 actually works?

I take two screenshots and I see no difference between having it equipped or not.
Can someone answer this?

Replies

• Dgulle01
    216 posts Member
    It works it helps if you crouch. It still doesn't have great accuracy or range but aiming for the face and tapping the trigger at distance seems to help some.

My suggestion is that you use this weapon to its strengths it's deadly up close and with shield you can 1vs1 most everyone.

Or use it to flank sneak up behind a group and watch it melt 4 people before they can turn around.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    wait: TL doesn't have a reduced recoil mod??

..close range kit, I think you're referring to reduced spread...It works, sure...but is there something better right now? -Yes.

IMHO , I really enjoy the FW w/ion against speeder stuff and who doesn't luv the DC. Earn all unlocks for this and play it, so much fun right now. It's a messy blaster, but powerful...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ive questioned the reduced spread... i havent gone the extent to testing it but ive found it to be very inaccurate regardless

let me add that the TL-50 does melt close range but if you're like me and have terrible accuracy its gonan be a struggle from medium range on.....
  • Dgulle01
    216 posts Member
    wwkingms wrote: »
    ive questioned the reduced spread... i havent gone the extent to testing it but ive found it to be very inaccurate regardless

let me add that the TL-50 does melt close range but if you're like me and have terrible accuracy its gonan be a struggle from medium range on.....

If you unequipped it the spread is worse in my opinion. For medium range crouch and tap the trigger while aiming at their head.

Pop your shield if your flanks covered it might buy you time to miss a few shots and still live.
  • Tottaly saw a difference with it, I wouldn't leave home without it!
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I don’t see a difference, actually, I use the improved cooling and the secondary fire and I mean, because I don’t see the reduced spread works I just don’t equip it
    Apologies for the mistake, it’s reduced spread, not recoil
    I’m going to see if I can post the screenshots, maybe tomorrow
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Reduced spread works, you will notice it more at medium ranges.
  • I'm just impressed that you aren't using the DC-15LE.

That’s because we all know that the DC-15LE explosive shot is overpowered, and while I could get advantage I prefer to be fair and improve my game, so I try to don’t use overpowered things
  • I'm just impressed that you aren't using the DC-15LE.

That’s because we all know that the DC-15LE explosive shot is overpowered, and while I could get advantage I prefer to be fair and improve my game, so I try to don’t use overpowered things

Exactly. Everyone and their mother is spamming it so I was just giving some credit to the people who chose not to use it.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • xcessiveforce
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    That’s like asking if any heavy guns actually suppress. The answer is “no”. Any trooper or hero can easily aim down the weapon while other hero’s are attempting to shooting at you .
  • The reduced spread has stopped working since 1.2 dropped, I’ve compared my footage from pre-patch to now. Or at least it’s broken for me.
    From comparing when it did work I think reduced spread mod could use a slight buff. It helps at mid range only minorly, a bit more accuracy would be helpful. Still a very good weapon though if you’re in the right engagement areas.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • It works but doesn't eliminate like some other reduced recoil mods do.
  • Billydoc
    893 posts Member
    I'm just impressed that you aren't using the DC-15LE.

not many use it
  • Mitchel1
    258 posts Member
    Apparently it doesn’t work.
    “The Extended barrel on the TL-50 is likely purely cosmetic. Going through the files I can not find any files that are connected to the TL-50 that would affect the spread (like it says it should in game) or damage values like the other extended barrels. The file structure of the TL-50 does not have the required asset (like every other weapon does) that would allow it to apply stat changes from the barrel mod. I didn't believe this so I did some testing and the spread with and without the mod is nearly identical.”

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7zbb90/swbf2_2017_12_trooper_weapon_spreadsheet_data/
  • It removes visual recoil, but the spread itself is less than admirable. It's basically the CR-2 of the Heavy that is nowhere near as useful.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    When I unlocked it I definitely noticed a difference, although it could be a bit of a placebo effect. Not sure. But I'm pretty sure it means that if you (this is an example with completely made up figures) shot an entire clip at a wall from 20 metres, without the Reduced Spread the shots would be in a radius of 3 metres from the point you were aiming at, whereas with Reduced Spread its more like 1.5. Bear in mind these figures are almost certainly very inaccurate, I'm just making it up.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I don't use it as I find the improved cooling and secondary fire better alternatives.
    Cosmetically, the reduced spread attachment is ugly.
    #StarWars-y
  • koldovi2013
    453 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So in conclusion it actually doesn’t work, and the devs has to fix it alongside the explosive shot, right?