criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

800+ Hours of Feedback for DICE

Prev1
t3hBar0n
5001 posts Member
edited March 2018
@petervesti_dice & @T0TALfps
I recently passed 800 hours played in this game and as such I decided to remake my original post providing detailed feedback to DICE on the current state of the game. This is not meant to bash DICE, merely to provide them with feedback on issues I have had in my time in game. All of this feedback is based exclusively on my personal gameplay… which consists of only galactic assault mode and heavy trooper/hero gameplay on PC. I have had to break this up into sections because it is too large for the word count limit in a single post. Overall, I think the game has improved in many areas since the original post, but there still remain many areas of concern and some new problems which have presented themselves.

GENERAL ISSUES:

Lag: I am currently not experiencing lag on PC when playing GA. Some people are still having issues it appears on console, but on PC I haven’t had an issue since 1.2

Team Balance: Games still remain imbalanced both in terms of numbers and in terms of skill. Matches will still frequently begin with one team vastly outnumbering the other team… it appears that the requisite players required to start a match is not team specific… so if you have 15 players on 1 team and 5 on another, that would trigger the game to start. Please make it so each team has to have X number of players before a game can start, and if one team vastly outnumbers the other, actively shuffle to fill both teams after say 20 seconds has elapsed in the countdown.

Load Times: Load times for the game (and unloading back to main menu) are improved from the previous patch, but can be all over the place. Sometimes games will load/unload in a few seconds, other times it will actually restart the countdown timer while still loading. Another issue which has recently appeared is loading into a new game and getting a “match data not available as match has ended” message and having to wait a huge amount of time for that screen to go away so you can load into a game which is by that point well underway.

Default Classes: Please allow us to select our own default class. I am tired of loading into a game (long load time) and being force loaded into an assault trooper who I then have to suicide in order to select the heavy class which is what I play.

Team Shuffle: Please re-instate the team shuffle after each map. Right now a good team who is winning will keep stomping through games (and the players will stay because they are winning), while the losing team will keep losing players and refilling with new ones basically until the good team finally gets bored.

Matchmaking: Team shuffle/Team Balance should take into account the relative skill levels of the players in the game and make attempts to shift them from side to side so they are equally matched… this is not happening currently. I would suggest each player has an invisble ELO style rating which is tracked based upon objective score per min and win loss ratio… use this hidden rating to balance games by attempting to average the ratings between the 2 teams.

Statistic Tracking: Implement the standard analytics tracking which is found in other games of this genre.

Multiple load outs: Allow for multiple star card loadouts for each of the basic classes… for example when I pick heavy, I should have the ability to then select between a couple of different saved star card loadouts rather than having to manually go in and change my star cards when I want to switch from say anti-vehicle to anti-infantry… or if I am switching between assault and defense

Hero/Villain announcements: Bring back the little announcement in the top right corner when a hero/villain arrived… there would be a little box with say Darth Mauls head and he would say something over comms when he joined the battle… this was a cool feature which was removed for some reason.

Vehicles in GA (Armor & Aircraft): On maps where one team has vehicles and the other does not, those phases are incredibly difficult for the defenders if the vehicles users are in any way competent… good examples would be Crait and Kashyyyk and Naboo where one side gets tanks. I don’t think the problem is related to a lack of ability to kill vehicles, rather the incentive for defenders to kill vehicles is not good. I have loaded my heavy with an ion torpedo and supercharged sentry, snuck up on an at/st, done like 70% of his life in damage before he killed me, and then gotten like 200bp for my efforts. I don’t think vehicles need to be nerfed, and I don’t think anti vehicle weapons need to be buffed, rather I think the BP generated for attacking tanks/planes needs to be increased exponentially to make it more attractive for random players to attack them. Right now, if I attack a vehicle, I know I am going to probably die as it is easy for the vehicle to tell where it is being hit from, and they have basically unlimited range… and on top of that I’m barely going to get any points for attacking said vehicle… this leads to most players simply ignoring vehicles while trying to earn BP, and leads to vehicles just running amok. Increase the amount of BP generated for attacking vehicles/aircraft to say the levels you get for attacking exposed MTT’s, and I think that would balance them out nicely.

Heavy Class: I think the heavy class is pretty well balanced currently. The DC15LE with exploding shot is probably too strong in relation to other weapons, but overall I think the other heavy weapons and the heavy as a whole are in a good spot. I wish there was an ion anti-vehicle version of the sentry ability available for specific anti-vehicle duty. There are also star cards for heavy which are completely worthless to upgrade IMO such as the improved impact grenade or brawler… the return on investment is just too small to ever be worth using them.

Rolling/Dodging: The change to rolling had the unfortunate consequence of also significantly changing the mechanics of lightsaber users dodge ability as well as the power balance between saber users and blaster users. With the changes to the dodge mechanics but the remaining stagger mechanic, lightsaber fighting has devolved into a first to hit wins button mash competition. Secondly, blaster heroes have almost no tools available now to escape a saber user, and are nearly as vulnerable as regular troopers when caught in close range which I don’t think is ideal. I would suggest buffing the power/evasion ability of blaster heroes dodge/roll while correcting the saber users dodge to revert it to be able to avoid the stagger mechanic as it did previously.

Overtime Mechanics: I currently like the overtime/secure mechanics for the current GA game mode; however, I would like to see the traditional capture mechanics used in most battlefield games implemented for conquest mode.

Conquest Mode: Please make this happen with the traditional battlefield capture mechanics… would love it.

Progression System: Get rid of the loot boxes and simplify the progression system. Allow crafting parts to be purchased with either credits or crystals (re-enable the ability to buy crystals through Origin)… crafting parts are then used to buy and upgrade star cards… done. Allow certain customization options to be purchased with credits, and others to be purchased only with crystals (allowing crystals to be used to buy crafting parts directly and certain customization options will generate revenue to pay for future content without the “gambling” implication which many associated with loot boxes). I am against changing the reward from duplicate star cards in loot boxes from credits to crafting parts, because I would rather see loot boxes scrapped entirely.

Customization: Implement extensive cosmetic loadout customization through the use of skins/models for players/weapons etc. These could be sold through both credits and crystals, with exclusive skins reserved for crystals only to generate revenue. I have in the past and will in the future pay extra for in game customization options (Queen of blades wings for my diablo char is a good example).

Map Selection/Server Browser: This is a tricky one because if there is indeed skill based matchmaking it would be difficult to implement; however, I would like the ability to filter/search the maps I want to play, and also the ability to select the servers I wish to play on.

Chat/Communication: We need the in game chat to function during the postgame screens, it is very annoying having the match end and the chat gets cut off. It would also be nice to have in game team enabled voice comms.

Squads: The current squad system needs work… being assigned into a random squad every time you die is not an ideal recipe for team play success. Bring back static squads and allow squad leaders to assign objectives which if you play them would generate extra BP.

Reticle/Crosshair Design: Reticle and crosshair design in this game is poor. The worst offenders are Han Solo and the Heavy reticle. We have fantastic reticle designs IRL which have significantly boosted combat effectiveness of our troops (ACSS circle dot for example)… the fact that a space age culture has such poor reticle designs strains credulity. Please introduce more reticle choices which are more functional than the current in game offerings so we don’t have to utilize gaming monitor reticles etc. to pick up the slack.

Endgame Rewards: The current rewards system in place does not adequately promote attempting to win the match as a team; rather, it promotes being the highest in overall score. I would suggest introducing for example a 1.5x credit score modifier for the winning team in addition to the current credit reward system to attempt to promote more interest in actually winning games for your team, rather than simply winning them for yourself by being first on the scoreboard.
Post edited by t3hBar0n on

Replies

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    congrats on 800+!
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Good job! Some of these issues are ones that I myself have brought up elsewhere so obviously I agree with your assessment. Let's just hope the guys at DICE decide to be a bit more active and start reading more of these posts.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Beeece
    337 posts Member
    Love your idea about squads. Having static squads and a leader giving objectives for extra BP is brilliant. The addition of communication within a squad will help bring this game to a new level. Right now, being in a squad is pretty useless.

I liked your assessment of the game and your suggestions. Your recommendations are objective based that give the players more incentives to actually play objectives. I like where your head is at. Kudos.
  • great analysis and while i might not entirely agree with every thing you've said here i do agree with a vast majority of it and enjoy the innovative ideas.
  • One thing about Finn- his blaster is really fine considering he can shoot almost without a break with a deadeye and with proper ability's management Deadeye's cooldown is short. So I found his blaster weakness really balanced.
  • Great feeeback, well articulated. Agree with majority of comments.
  • Signed, lacking Health recovery/sustain is what makes some of the Heroes just not on the same playing field as others, totally agreed.

The only thing I'd add is some Health Recovery on maul or some other form of sustain. I find he's too over reliant on his dash attack for too many things.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    You wanna talk about load times? go play on the xbox one, and then confidently come here and say load times have improved.
  • Also roll needs to be reverted severely, Lightside HvV is near unplayable and a stunlocking mash fest basically
    xnvLDB.gif
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    univurshul wrote: »
    congrats on 800+!

Thanks
    Good job! Some of these issues are ones that I myself have brought up elsewhere so obviously I agree with your assessment. Let's just hope the guys at DICE decide to be a bit more active and start reading more of these posts.

I was fortunate they read the last iteration of this post several months ago... hopefully this has a similar result.
    Beeece wrote: »
    Love your idea about squads. Having static squads and a leader giving objectives for extra BP is brilliant. The addition of communication within a squad will help bring this game to a new level. Right now, being in a squad is pretty useless.

I liked your assessment of the game and your suggestions. Your recommendations are objective based that give the players more incentives to actually play objectives. I like where your head is at. Kudos.

To be fair, it is not really my idea... I am just doing what DICE should have done... iterating on what they have already done well in previous DICE games (Battlefield has great squad systems in its history).

great analysis and while i might not entirely agree with every thing you've said here i do agree with a vast majority of it and enjoy the innovative ideas.

Thanks. I think it is important to try to present a solution if you can think of one for the problem you are presenting... many posts on the forums present a problem like "this is broken" and that is it... this is not productive.
    One thing about Finn- his blaster is really fine considering he can shoot almost without a break with a deadeye and with proper ability's management Deadeye's cooldown is short. So I found his blaster weakness really balanced.

Ehh, I just think it was too harsh to nerf both Deadeye and his default blaster. I wish they would have just nerfed Deadeye and left the blaster alone and see how he did.
    Great feeeback, well articulated. Agree with majority of comments.

Thanks
    Signed, lacking Health recovery/sustain is what makes some of the Heroes just not on the same playing field as others, totally agreed.

The only thing I'd add is some Health Recovery on maul or some other form of sustain. I find he's too over reliant on his dash attack for too many things.

Correct... in my top 8 picks for GA Heroes/Villains, only Maul lacks either health regen or a health buff... that says basically all that needs to be said. All heroes need at least a card to allow them to regen for GA purposes. I personally have no problems with Maul, but if he had health regen I wouldn't complain.
    SVEJ wrote: »
    You wanna talk about load times? go play on the xbox one, and then confidently come here and say load times have improved.

I can't comment on Xbox as I play on PC... I will assume it sucks?
    Also roll needs to be reverted severely, Lightside HvV is near unplayable and a stunlocking mash fest basically

I touch on this multiple times when discussing the nerf to dodge/roll. I didn't specifically mention lightside V darkside as I don't think that is really relevant as the new mechanics suck for all saber users. It is just that in a button mashing fest, someone like Vader is going to come out the winner 100% of the time because of his massive health pool and focused rage... if you are both hacking away at each other staggering each other and one person has 700 health and the other has 1250 and 55% damage reduction and he is also doing more damage to you... ya.
  • Also, one way spawn doors need to be removed, Kills me more often than the enemy team, its lame. Code the doors to open the other way around for the enemy
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Also, one way spawn doors need to be removed, Kills me more often than the enemy team, its lame. Code the doors to open the other way around for the enemy
    Isn't this in place to discourage spawn camping?
  • EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    Game's been out for just over a hundred days so on average you've played almost 8 hours a day, every day for three and a half months? And pretty much as one class on one game mode?

Dude - step away from the keyboard; that ain't healthy...
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    univurshul wrote: »
    congrats on 800+!

Thanks
    Good job! Some of these issues are ones that I myself have brought up elsewhere so obviously I agree with your assessment. Let's just hope the guys at DICE decide to be a bit more active and start reading more of these posts.

I was fortunate they read the last iteration of this post several months ago... hopefully this has a similar result.
    Beeece wrote: »

To be fair, it is not really my idea... I am just doing what DICE should have done... iterating on what they have already done well in previous DICE games (Battlefield has great squad systems in its history).

great analysis and while i might not entirely agree with every thing you've said here i do agree with a vast majority of it and enjoy the innovative ideas.

Thanks. I think it is important to try to present a solution if you can think of one for the problem you are presenting... many posts on the forums present a problem like "this is broken" and that is it... this is not productive.
    One thing about Finn- his blaster is really fine considering he can shoot almost without a break with a deadeye and with proper ability's management Deadeye's cooldown is short. So I found his blaster weakness really balanced.

Ehh, I just think it was too harsh to nerf both Deadeye and his default blaster. I wish they would have just nerfed Deadeye and left the blaster alone and see how he did.
    Great feeeback, well articulated. Agree with majority of comments.

Thanks
    Signed, lacking Health recovery/sustain is what makes some of the Heroes just not on the same playing field as others, totally agreed.

Correct... in my top 8 picks for GA Heroes/Villains, only Maul lacks either health regen or a health buff... that says basically all that needs to be said. All heroes need at least a card to allow them to regen for GA purposes. I personally have no problems with Maul, but if he had health regen I wouldn't complain.
    SVEJ wrote: »

I can't comment on Xbox as I play on PC... I will assume it sucks?
    Also roll needs to be reverted severely, Lightside HvV is near unplayable and a stunlocking mash fest basically

I touch on this multiple times when discussing the nerf to dodge/roll. I didn't specifically mention lightside V darkside as I don't think that is really relevant as the new mechanics suck for all saber users. It is just that in a button mashing fest, someone like Vader is going to come out the winner 100% of the time because of his massive health pool and focused rage... if you are both hacking away at each other staggering each other and one person has 700 health and the other has 1250 and 55% damage reduction and he is also doing more damage to you... ya.

Bro, 3 minutes to load up the game, 2 minutes to join a lobby, 4 minutes to quit and be at the main menu.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    Game's been out for just over a hundred days so on average you've played almost 8 hours a day, every day for three and a half months? And pretty much as one class on one game mode?

Dude - step away from the keyboard; that ain't healthy...

I was able to play on I think it was November 9th or something like that because of pre-order/origin access, so if my math is correct that would put me at 113 days or 7.07 hours per day of release. Secondly, this is the number which is tracked in Origin which is not correct as it accounts all time the game is open as played time... but it is the only method available to track hours. I would assume I probably have closer to 600 hours of time actively playing the game and not just having the application open. Finally, I work for myself and thus have the flexibility to do what I like when I like... my wife works a 9-5 in finance and if i'm not busy seeing patients, I have all the time in the world to play games... the lesson here is go to school, bet on yourself, and you can have lots of game time.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Also, one way spawn doors need to be removed, Kills me more often than the enemy team, its lame. Code the doors to open the other way around for the enemy
    Also, one way spawn doors need to be removed, Kills me more often than the enemy team, its lame. Code the doors to open the other way around for the enemy
    Isn't this in place to discourage spawn camping?

Interestingly some of them actually will open back up from the other side... the ones in Theed palace throne room will open for you to go back out so you won't get trapped, and the ones in the cell block on starkiller base at the back up high will open to allow you to exit if you get inside.
  • These are the type of posts we need for DICE to see.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Great post OP! Very well structured and full of great observations and suggestions to better the game.
    You sure you're posting in the right forums? ;)

Agree with the majority of your comments and what I disagree with is not worth derailing such a great post with.
    What I would love to hear though, are your thoughts on the other trooper classes. Hehe do they even get much of your game time? :)
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    These are the type of posts we need for DICE to see.

Thanks, hopefully they will.
    Silverback wrote: »
    Great post OP! Very well structured and full of great observations and suggestions to better the game.
    You sure you're posting in the right forums? ;)

Agree with the majority of your comments and what I disagree with is not worth derailing such a great post with.
    What I would love to hear though, are your thoughts on the other trooper classes. Hehe do they even get much of your game time? :)

Thank you.

As far as other trooper classes I don't really have much to say about them. I played extensively in beta and played all the classes... I decided at that point that Heavy was the one which fit my playstyle and I enjoyed the most, so that is exclusively what I have played in release except when I am force loaded into an assault at game start... I have not played Officer or Specialist a single time in release, and I have less than 200 kills on Assault I think.
  • Compo
    150 posts Member
    Bump. For. Sticky.
    Great post, well written, and info galore for the dev team to recycle!

Seriously, this post covers most of my concerns!
    Id also love conquest, and feel a little insulted its not here TBH :(
  • I agree Finns blaster needs to be rebuffed, the level it was at before was so much better.
  • Hailmick
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree Finns blaster needs to be rebuffed, the level it was at before was so much better.
    considering the dark side buffs then yes I'd agree also deadeye is too slow to kill a heavy now since there's shed loads ATM
    No to mention trying to kill Vader with it

3 Thumbs up the baron great posts well thought out
  • I think all heroes need a 4th ability... they could be specific to a map or a phase on the map, but they shouldn't be static
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    Squads need to be improved and your suggestion seems really good. It improves communication and gives an incentive to PTO.

Reticle options would be great. I hate the reticle on the A280cfe. Would love to be able to change it.

As a specialist I often fill the role of anti vehicle and it's really not worth the time. Taking down an ATST solo isn't easy and generally leads to a couple deaths. Only way to avoid that is to be really cautious which means much more time spent which could be spent getting kills. Once you actually kill it the reward is next to nothing for the time spent.

By comparison snipping speeders on Crait gives you absurd amounts of BP and I don't mind focusing on it exclusively during the first phase because it will mean I'm going to have enough for one or two heroes come the second and third phases. Flip to the dark side and there is little to no incentive to deal with the ATST. I often still do because allowing them to operate undisturbed let's them go on absurd killstreaks but like I said above it's disheartening the reward is not only small but you're also never likely to make up all the BP you could have been gaining doing something else.
  • GenxDarchi
    8026 posts Member
    Gonna read this now. Good job on thorough feedback. Forums needed it. I’ll edit upon full read.

Edit*

Great post dude! Very detailed, and it all came from Experience. Kudos for sharing this with the community!

Better Squad play, Comms, and Objectives Focus is what this game needs. And bringing in that element will add a nice touch of meaning to each match.

Thanks... not having squad play or the ability to focus objectives is a significant problem particularly with a large scale mode like GA... what you end up with right now is usually 5 people playing the obj, and 10 running around with their heads cut off, and 5 specialists being "special".

Well, certain Specialist can do well, but that is like the 5%. Either way great post, and on Finn, the deadeye was nerfed pretty bad, but the only thing I would do to fix it is allow for headshot damage if locked onto a target for a second. I figured out his gun, Like Bobas, deals heavy damage with Headshots. It is pretty easy to melt Palps with headshots.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    how can we believe you have 800 hours played?

what if you just left your game open for 33 and 1/3 days afk?

:thinking:
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    acc751 wrote: »

The exact number of time played is irrelevant IMO. Obviously OP has played enough to have a deep understanding of the game mechanics and that's all that really matters. I am only at just over 500 myself because I've been playing a lot less recently, so I'm sure OP has played more than me regardless.

Edit: Just checked, I am at 547 at the time of posting.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Compo wrote: »
    Bump. For. Sticky.
    Great post, well written, and info galore for the dev team to recycle!

Seriously, this post covers most of my concerns!
    Id also love conquest, and feel a little insulted its not here TBH :(

Thanks for feedback.

• Great post OP and hopefully DICE will take some of your suggestions onboard. Having played for a couple hundred hours across on PS4 all game modes, heroes and classes I'll try to give you feedback on some of your points.

Lag
    It's an issue now and again. More annoying is the 'slow internet connection' meter that pops up in the top right hand corner of your screen and can distract you enough to make a difference at the wrong moment.

Team Balance / Team shuffle / matchmaking
    It's definitely an issue. Shuffle teams at the end of the round regardless of them being in parties or not. That may be annoying for some people playing with friends but it's more of an issue to play boring rounds where it's either a stomp or get stomped. Close games are a rarity.

Load Times
    These are ridiculous for a modern game but I doubt anything can or will be done. 60 seconds to load in or out of a game is far too long. It feels quicker to close the application than to quit the game. Also if I select a game mode and see upon loading that it's a map I don't want to play I should be able to quit out instantly and not have to wait 60 secs for it to load then another 60 secs to quit. It's very irritating.

Statistic Tracking
    I've posted my thoughts on this in other threads. Give us a personal stats page but don't make a global leaderboard as it's just not needed for such a casual shooter game. It will have a negative effect on the way people play and the ensuing gameplay.

Loadouts
    Agree. I'd like to be able to choose multiple loadouts and have them automatically selected depending on which map / mode I'm playing e.g. Heavy for Hoth defence - BP gain card - Explosive Sentry - Ion Turret. I doubt we would get an auto-select feature but being able to make an infinite number of loadouts and label them as such so I can quickly select them for each map / mode would be awesome. Same with Starfighters, my choices differ depending on whether it's an A-wing or Tie fighter, a Y-wing or Tie bomber, etc and for Heroes in either GA or HVV. There is so much more DICE could do with loadouts. Even add the chance to make weapon loadouts to go with our selections. My Heavy Hoth defence might have Ion or Expl. rounds for example.

Vehicles in GA
    The risk / reward is simply not beneficial enough to make it worthwhile attacking vehicles. I would also add in the same point but for the objectives in SA too though it is less of an issue. In GA if I encounter a tank I am more likely to just ignore it and move on than take it on. I would likely die and not get much of a reward for damaging it.

Progression System / Customization / Loot crates
    I feel it's fine as it is and that DICE should focus their efforts on fixing issues, balancing and creating more content than reworking progression. I have no issue with them adding in skins purchasable via loot crates. I won't be buying any because it's not why I play. As an addendum to the request for stats I would suggest they give us skins for reaching personal targets e.g. 500, 1000 (or higher) kills with a weapon, vehicle, hero, etc or a credit or crate reward for every 100 kills. They could also encourage objective play further with similar rewards.

Endgame Rewards
    I can't stand the current system which seems to be based on how long the game lasts with you in it and / or whether you made the top 5 or not. Credit reward should be solely based on score and not how long the match lasts. Winning team should get a 1.5x bonus like you suggest. Top 5 players should get a 2x bonus.

Maps
    I like pretty much all the maps. I won't go into specifics but my only issues come with either out of bounds areas and getting trapped in them as a hero when a stage is lost which seems hugely unfair. Tightening up OOB areas would also put a stop to players abusing them to flank on maps like Endor (Control Centre) where you can end up being shot in the back from your own spawn.

Heroes
    Re pricing I tend to agree with you and would tier the pricing for each hero depending on how strong they are. I would also consider making only some of the Heroes available for each map and not every single one but for the options to be balanced. This would encourage players to not opt for the most obvious and OP Hero every time they have the BP saved and result in more varied gameplay instead of the same tired old Rey and Emperor dominating the battlefield.

I would give every hero the heal on kill card or remove it from all of them. Some being able to regen all the way and others not seems horribly unbalanced and renders some heroes almost unplayable on GA.

I love your suggestion for Luke. Just give him the same rush animation as Maul and add your idea a blaster block. Leia for me needs a bit of reworking. Her aimbot / homing shot is currently a joke. On maps like Crait and Hoth people are rushing to get her first so they can farm kills from the back of the map 2 shotting Starfighters or one shotting infantry by aiming in their general direction. It's broken as f*ck. Remove the homing feature but leave the damage as is and she becomes balanced.

Rey's insight needs to be for her and her only. She shouldn't give her entire team free wallhacks. I also don't get why she is the most powerful light side hero. If it's anyone it should be Luke. A 1 vs 1 saber battle between him and Vader should be an even fight with the winner the most skilled player. Right now Luke will get slaughtered.

Iden's pulse cannon needs some love. I am at 0 kills with it and gave up trying for that milestone a long while ago. Eiter up the damage or remove the charge and just give her a better version of the NT-242. Peeking somebody then charging up the rifle before your shot will get you shot in the head against good players. Also her stun droid is now too good, way too good. I think it stuns for approx. 2 seconds now which allows her to kill any hero easily with her TL-50. Reduce the stun time back down to 1.5 secs or lower.

Phasma's staff needs a quicker animation. Let me whack people with it like it's a melee attack. It's still only viable for (blind) people that you can smack in the back or people stunned by her droid tower.

That's all I got.
  • MWB33
    1407 posts Member
    @t3hBar0n - Excellent post! I found myself nodding in agreement throughout.

IMO I think editing the hero/villain abilities per game mode would be in order. They should revamp Chewy, Han, etc... in a way that's similar to how Nien was on BF2015. He had the Orbital Strike on large modes, & Proximity Bombs on small modes.

What do you think about this? And what traits would be good replacements for things such as the Ground Slam & Shoulder Charge? I find myself lacking in coming up with good finer points of this line of thought.
  • Great post! I believe it accurately depicts the current state of affairs in this game and offers up some good possible improvement vectors. Well done!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    I agree Finns blaster needs to be rebuffed, the level it was at before was so much better.

Yup, I am on board with this.
    Hailmick wrote: »
    considering the dark side buffs then yes I'd agree also deadeye is too slow to kill a heavy now since there's shed loads ATM
    No to mention trying to kill Vader with it

3 Thumbs up the baron great posts well thought out

Yes, TTK with deadeye is slower than my own aim is.
  • Gonna read this now. Good job on thorough feedback. Forums needed it. I’ll edit upon full read.

Edit*

Great post dude! Very detailed, and it all came from Experience. Kudos for sharing this with the community!

Better Squad play, Comms, and Objectives Focus is what this game needs. And bringing in that element will add a nice touch of meaning to each match.

I agree with this feedback. There needs to be greater rewards for players to stand in that little gray box on the map. Time playing objective should have a multiplier effect on point accumulation, in my opinion.
  • How do you know how many hours you have played? Is this exclusive to PC? I see no way on console to check statistics like in BF1.
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    I just love how HvV is neglected by the devs and the players. If the devs read this they would decide that Boba and Iden need buffs, even though they are clearly broken in HvV, as is Vader.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    I think all heroes need a 4th ability... they could be specific to a map or a phase on the map, but they shouldn't be static

Perhaps, to me it is not a major issue, but I wouldn't complain having more abilities... I would prefer to get the ones we currently have balanced and working right first.
    Rogozhi wrote: »
    As a specialist I often fill the role of anti vehicle and it's really not worth the time.

Exactly... the tools are in the game to kill vehicles, but the incentive is not.
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Gonna read this now. Good job on thorough feedback. Forums needed it. I’ll edit upon full read.

Edit*

Thanks... not having squad play or the ability to focus objectives is a significant problem particularly with a large scale mode like GA... what you end up with right now is usually 5 people playing the obj, and 10 running around with their heads cut off, and 5 specialists being "special".

Well, certain Specialist can do well, but that is like the 5%. Either way great post, and on Finn, the deadeye was nerfed pretty bad, but the only thing I would do to fix it is allow for headshot damage if locked onto a target for a second. I figured out his gun, Like Bobas, deals heavy damage with Headshots. It is pretty easy to melt Palps with headshots.

Yes, having Deadeye lock onto center mass rather than being able to lock it onto headshot hurts its TTK.

Believe whatever you want, doesn't matter... I also have at least 75 purple cards (maybe more, haven't counted in a while)... the bottom line is the validity of a point is not contingent upon the authority presenting it, I merely presented my time played as a reference. If someone could come in and play for an hour and write this post, more power to them.

The exact number of time played is irrelevant IMO. Obviously OP has played enough to have a deep understanding of the game mechanics and that's all that really matters. I am only at just over 500 myself because I've been playing a lot less recently, so I'm sure OP has played more than me regardless.

Edit: Just checked, I am at 547 at the time of posting.

Exactly... I am not appealing to authority based upon my hours played, I am providing them as a reference. The authority of the argument comes from the content contained in the argument itself.

@colonelbobi Thanks for the feedback.
    MWB33 wrote: »
    What do you think about this? And what traits would be good replacements for things such as the Ground Slam & Shoulder Charge? I find myself lacking in coming up with good finer points of this line of thought.

They would have to implement a framework for different skillsets in different game modes, which could be troublesome depending on the underlying architecture of the game. As far as replacement traits for Slam and Charge... I actually like the idea behind both of them, but without good health regen/sustain, neither one is very practical. I would prefer they fix the health issue to make those moves worth using rather than changing them out.
    Great post! I believe it accurately depicts the current state of affairs in this game and offers up some good possible improvement vectors. Well done!

Thanks you.

Edit*

I agree with this feedback. There needs to be greater rewards for players to stand in that little gray box on the map. Time playing objective should have a multiplier effect on point accumulation, in my opinion.

Yup, more points for obj play = more obj play.
    IonYaleY wrote: »
    @t3hBar0n

This will sound off topic but i have come from an 11k hours of DotA 2. In my opinion, 800+ hours means nothing to be proud of in terms of experience gained if i disregard the fact this game is fairly fresh compared to DotA 2.

I am not proud of anything, I presented the number of hours played as a reference as that number likely puts me in the top .01% of players in terms of time played. Secondly, you just compared hours played in a game that is 4-5 months old with a game which is 5 years old from a different genre...
    How do you know how many hours you have played? Is this exclusive to PC? I see no way on console to check statistics like in BF1.

Origin (the pc application used to launch the game) tracks the number of hours.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    I just love how HvV is neglected by the devs and the players. If the devs read this they would decide that Boba and Iden need buffs, even though they are clearly broken in HvV, as is Vader.

It is clearly stated that this feedback is based upon GA gameplay. The developers are not chromosome lottery winners, i'm sure they will understand that the viability of heroes and abilities is heavily dependent upon the game mode in which they are used.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Emperor Palpatine: Great villain. He still seems to have a slight global CD after chain lighting before he can start channeling his regular lightning again, and his short range hit tracking still remains a problem where sometimes his lightning won’t “stick” to a target, but other than that, I think he is in a great spot.

If "Great Villain" means Most horrendously and improperly balanced character in the game, then yes

He's the easiest, effortless, most forgiving, most irritating character to fight in the entire game

And what's sad is he didn't use to be this way

Back when the game first launched he was honestly well balanced. He was essentially a Glass Cannon, he had a vast reserve of potential power, but that was balanced out by his Low Health Cap and low Max Health

Even with the I-Frames making his Hit-Box extremely difficult to hit for a Saber Hero, eventually even Palpatine could be chipped down and driven off by a persistent Saber User or Blaster Hero

On top of that he originally had a Low energy meter that had to be managed and maintained. Least you over-heat it and back then when you overheated the energy meter you were dutifully punished for it

Now that's not saying he didn't have issues. His Health Regeneration Cap was too low, he was too easily taken out by Vanguard, and the energy meter overheated too quickly

The problem is DICE listened to the Players who didn't spend enough time with him and buffed him too quickly. And ironically just as people were starting to understand him

All they needed to do was simply buff his Health cap to 650, which makes sense considering that even though he's the Emperor, Palpatine's body is still old, lower his energy consumption by one or 2, and increase his max health regeneration to 250

What they did was make him by lack of a better word "Easy mode". Palpatine doesn't need to track, he doesn't need to aim, he doesn't need to worry about Ammo Cool-Downs. All he has to do is jump in the air and keep the POV Camera pointed in the general direction of the enemy and hold the attack button down

Before TLJ this was fine. Because Palpatine had a High Energy consumption rate and his health was low. But DICE forgot this concept and tried turning their Dodge build into a Tank build while keeping the dodge aspects of him

This results in Palpatine having ridiculous damage, perfect aim, high mobility, high survival level, with no downsides

A character built around energy attacks that latch on with perfect accuracy should NEVER do High Damage. Characters that require tracking and aiming should

He needs a immediate revert to Launch Status
  • Great work.
  • Devlin21
    8345 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Emperor Palpatine: Great villain. He still seems to have a slight global CD after chain lighting before he can start channeling his regular lightning again, and his short range hit tracking still remains a problem where sometimes his lightning won’t “stick” to a target, but other than that, I think he is in a great spot.

If "Great Villain" means Most horrendously and improperly balanced character in the game, then yes

He's the easiest, effortless, most forgiving, most irritating character to fight in the entire game

Back when the game first launched he was honestly well balanced. He was essentially a Glass Cannon, he had a vast reserve of potential power, but that was balanced out by his Low Health Cap and low Max Health

Even with the I-Frames making his Hit-Box extremely difficult to hit for a Saber Hero, eventually even Palpatine could be chipped down and driven off by a persistent Saber User or Blaster Hero

On top of that he originally had a Low energy meter that had to be managed and maintained. Least you over-heat it and back then when you overheated the energy meter you were dutifully punished for it

Now that's not saying he didn't have issues. His Health Regeneration Cap was too low, he was too easily taken out by Vanguard, and the energy meter overheated too quickly

The problem is DICE listened to the Players who didn't spend enough time with him and buffed him too quickly. And ironically just as people were starting to understand him

All they needed to do was simply buff his Health cap to 650, which makes sense considering that even though he's the Emperor, Palpatine's body is still old, lower his energy consumption by one or 2, and increase his max health regeneration to 250

What they did was make him by lack of a better word "Easy mode". Palpatine doesn't need to track, he doesn't need to aim, he doesn't need to worry about Ammo Cool-Downs. All he has to do is jump in the air and keep the POV Camera pointed in the general direction of the enemy and hold the attack button down

Before TLJ this was fine. Because Palpatine had a High Energy consumption rate and his health was low. But DICE forgot this concept and tried turning their Dodge build into a Tank build while keeping the dodge aspects of him

This results in Palpatine having ridiculous damage, perfect aim, high mobility, high survival level, with no downsides

A character built around energy attacks that latch on with perfect accuracy should NEVER do High Damage. Characters that require tracking and aiming should

Plenty if ways to kill him. He isnt op.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• OOM19
    2833 posts Member

I've been dropped below 450 as Luke from one second of Palpatine barraging me with Lightning 20 meters away

One second

I'm not even joking
  • So you want palatine to be worse basically, no thanks. He's definitely killable as is, if anything the other Heroes should be just as good so I won't feel the need to pick him or vader every time.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • sith420
    241 posts Member
    Great post OP, I hope DICE is reading this. Spot on!
  • Devlin21
    8345 posts Member

I've been dropped below 450 as Luke from one second of Palpatine barraging me with Lightning 20 meters away

One second

I'm not even joking

Block is your friend.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Fantastic post! If dice could implement most of it I would probably go back to maining this game. I have lost interest lately and wish for more. Your ideas are perfect, they should give you a direct line to the mods/devs.
    I am just imagining a squad system like you suggested. That could be so much fun, then open up come to your squad! Right now I think 20 people talking in GA would be nuts, but a small squad working/communicating would be fantastic.
    Again great post!