criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

POLL:Which Starfighter Assault Map is your favorite?

Prev1
Seronax
471 posts Member
edited March 2018
I just wonder which map and why is your fav :)
Mine?

Fondor Shipyard

Reason: Every Classic ship are cheap, ez to get them and we have many epic moments in it like: Frontal Clash, Flying inside of the shipyard(bit like destroying the second Death Star in cheaper editon :D ) and Destroying(sadly)an unfunctional Star Destroyer :D
Also the map has many covers and escape routes with the Falcon which is important to me :D
Here is a gameplay vid too about this cool map, sadly i am lagging a bit but overall i could carry the match with only a few death!

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    i think all the starfighter assault maps are solid, they would be even better if they were at least twice as long, though and with more players.
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    1. Fondor and 2. Ryloth. The others especially the map from TLJ aren't really entertaining enough.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • 1. Endor (Imperial)
    2. Unknown Regions (both)
    3. Ryloth (both)
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    I'm pretty evenly split on Fondor & Ryloth. I love Fondor as the Rebels, & Ryloth as the Droids.

    Least favorite are the two ST maps. Both are so uninspiring that I actively avoid them.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    yep. Fondor is the best right now. Best for milestones, best for not destroying your hero ship on space debris, best for original SW art & design. Shipyards are cool. Kamino 2nd place fav...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...


  • Darth_Cerebus
    2106 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    1. Ryloth (Droids)
    2. Kamino (Both)
    3. Fondor (Both)

    I just really enjoy the Laser Barrage ability of the ships, it also helps the V-wing gets it, which I like more than the ARC-170 anyway
  • I think the only one I would rather not play is the Empire against the Corvettes and mines.

    The end of the warp bubbles kinda blows too. I don't like the timed kills. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seems to not matter how you did previously. If you had 9 ships left, you get 40 (I think it's 40), if you had 109 ships, you get 40.
  • hsf_
    1738 posts Member
    Ryloth and Fondor are my favourites for getting killstreaks. Unknown Regions and Endor for improving flying skills - honestly it's so fun going full speed among all the asteroids and debris.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Best
    Fondor is obviously the best. Kamino is good for things to fly around.

    middle
    Ryloth is cool because clone wars and D’Qar has some cool mechanics.

    Worst
    DS Debris I don’t hate but nothing too special about it. Unknown regions kinda sucks.
  • As a bomber pilot I like any that map I can fly either the Y-wing, TIE Bomber or Hyena Bomber, so Fondor, Kamino, Ryloth and Endor are maps I like. I will fly the ARC-170 if I feel like using a fighter on those maps where it is available.

    Why no N1 fighters available in space?

    I do like using the special effects on the D'Qar map.

    Unknown Regions, while it is a fun map, is at the bottom of the list.

    Looking forward to new SFA modes, maps and vehicles.

    Has anyone surfed the waves on Kamino or created rooster tails on the water with their starfighter?
    #StarWars-y
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    You can actually fly (sail?) through the water - briefly - on Kamino. I’m not sure if you’re meant to be able to, but you can. Similarly you can sometimes spawn right in front of massive wave.
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    Fondor as favourite.

    I dislike D’Qar - once the generators get going it’s very frustrating, especially when you get smashed into debris.
  • grimmace2
    1060 posts Member
    Fondor is my favorite, by far. Kamino is a good one too, I'm not a fan of the droid ships though.
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    I’m a big fan of the mode and I don’t really have a favourite but I’m not a fan of D’Qar when the generators are active and playing as the imperials on the Death star debris can be frustrating at times ( mostly because it never seems to be a full team )
    Would love some new locations! Hint hint!
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    This was on my Origin:
    https://ea.com/news/creating-fondor-dock

    Which goes into some of the detail. It also gives a feel to how much time and effort must go into each level.
  • Seronax
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I became like Unknown Regions, firstly i find it too difficult but since they balanced it for the rebels its cool :D with Poe or Boba/Kylo that map is really good, while with the falcon the only way to get rid of the enemy is to fly into the destroyer front generator part, Good pilots still can follow me ofc. :( :dizzy:

    I would love to see some maps like:

    Battle of Endor - With Death Star + Super Stardestroyer and other cool things in it, or the First Death Star.
    Battle of Coruscant.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

  • Unkown Regions (both) and D'Qar (both) for a simple reason: no bomber. I hate the Y-wings Ion cannon
  • Seronax wrote: »
    I became like Unknown Regions, firstly i find it too difficult but since they balanced it for the rebels its cool :D with Poe or Boba/Kylo that map is really good, while with the falcon the only way to get rid of the enemy is to fly into the destroyer front generator part, Good pilots still can follow me ofc. :( :dizzy:

    I would love to see some maps like:

    Battle of Endor - With Death Star + Super Stardestroyer and other cool things in it, or the First Death Star.
    Battle of Coruscant.

    Battle of Endor could easily be focused around the Super Star Destroyer since every single ship in the Rebel Fleet was attacking it.

    I personally just want a Starfighter Blast mode so I can dogfight and not have to worry about my team not doing the objective because I ended up on the wrong side.
  • Ryloth
    Kamino
    Fondor

    The ST maps are too limited. No FO bomber class and no N1s??

    pH
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Unkown Regions (both) and D'Qar (both) for a simple reason: no bomber. I hate the Y-wings Ion cannon
    No Bomber is the reason I don’t like those. They need to add them!!!!


    Ion cannon tweak is a small thing.
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    From first to last is my most favorite to least favorite SA maps:
    1. D'Qar
    2. Fondor
    3. Unknown Regions
    4. Endor
    5. Ryloth
    6. Kamino
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Wow surprised people like unknown regions.

  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Wow surprised people like unknown regions.

    As am I...that is my least favorite by far.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • grimmace2
    1060 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Wow surprised people like unknown regions.

    I don't mind it, phase 2 is just a beast as all the activity typically takes place above the cruiser, right in the middle of the asteroid field. I've spawned a couple of times as Boba only to immediately wrap myself around a floating space rock. I no longer pick my hero ships during phase 2 :)
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Ryloth.

    Least favorite is without a doubt D'qar.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6723 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I love Unknown Regions as the Resistance the most, sorry @Cad_Bane. ;)
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I love Unknown Regions as the Resistance the most, sorry @Cad_Bane. ;)

    fckyu35wmc801.gif
  • Xion
    9 posts Member
    Kamino by far is my favorite with Ryloth behind it. The environment for Kamino is so cool and i like playing on both sides. All the other maps i only like playing on the light side cause dark side ships suck, at least the non-hero ones
  • I love Unknown Regions as the Resistance the most, sorry @Cad_Bane. ;)

    I don't know why, but despite the fact that the Resistance are the "good guys", I kinda feel like they've been very bad for once, while I also feel like the First Order was innocent during that map's plot. The First Order Star Destroyer was simply minding it's own business without escort, but it was lured by the Resistance into their antagonistic trap, looking for "trouble". Then during phase 2 the Resistance was very cruel when their next task was to destroy the helpless First Order Transporters -- they can't even fight back, they are simply trying to escape from the danger and running for their lives :cry:. And last, the Resistance destroy the whole Star Destroyer itself of course.

    I don't know why you're specifically apologizing to @Cad_Bane, but tell your Resistance leaders that they should apologize to the First Order for this kind of barbaric action. It needs to be condemned :angry:! (I love Unknown Regions as the First Order by the way ;))
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Ryloth (clones)
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME


  • rollind24
    5345 posts Member
    I’d have to say Ryloth or Unknown Regions. I love the first phase of Ryloth.

    I do get enjoyment chasing around the escaping ships in the Unknown Regions through the asteroids even if I have an oops moment once or twice with an asteroid.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    I like them all except D'Qar. I just don't like randomly getting thrown into debris because the game just feels like it.

    Most favorite though is Fondor in an A-Wing.
    2nd favorite is a tie between Ryloth and Kamino. Ryloth I like using the Droid Tri Interceptor and Kamino I like the ARC-170.

    The others are fun. If I can get Luke Skywalker in DS Debris watch out! For whatever reason that ends up a great round.

    But D'Qar - no matter what you do, especially as attacker, the stupid field generators will just slide you right into the wall for, well, for reasons I guess ... stupid mechanic IMHO
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »
    But D'Qar - no matter what you do, especially as attacker, the **** field generators will just slide you right into the wall for, well, for reasons I guess ... **** mechanic IMHO

    Yeah, it was a novel idea but not one that leads to an enjoyable map. Now I usually just back out once it comes into rotation. Seldom do I have fun on this map.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • I’ve found the field generators are great to double up on your time to blow them up. Are you controlling your ship when you enter?

    I pull back hard to slow down, then fire etc, and bring the ship lower (I find the field generator normally tries to push me up, not down) to compensate for the field’s push/pull.

    Of course when you slow down it means you have to be canny with the rear view in case you’re being followed, but that’s no big deal.

    I think I get taken out by the cruisers bashing into me from nowhere than I do crashing because of the field generator’s outputs.

    pH
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I’ve found the field generators are great to double up on your time to blow them up. Are you controlling your ship when you enter?

    I pull back hard to slow down, then fire etc, and bring the ship lower (I find the field generator normally tries to push me up, not down) to compensate for the field’s push/pull.

    Of course when you slow down it means you have to be canny with the rear view in case you’re being followed, but that’s no big deal.

    I think I get taken out by the cruisers bashing into me from nowhere than I do crashing because of the field generator’s outputs.

    pH

    I slow down, use the field to stop and barrage, control my ship, creep in, get shoved left right into wall. Sometimes right, sometimes up, sometimes down, whatever is closest to me is the direction it sends me.
    Before the last patch it wasn't as aggressive and could be counteracted more. After the patch it seems to be more aggressive and just slams you into the closest object/wall...

    Annoying to say the least...
  • Adanar
    91 posts Member
    I like the ones with the planes that pew pew
  • Blazur wrote: »
    LeftTurnus wrote: »
    But D'Qar - no matter what you do, especially as attacker, the **** field generators will just slide you right into the wall for, well, for reasons I guess ... **** mechanic IMHO

    Yeah, it was a novel idea but not one that leads to an enjoyable map. Now I usually just back out once it comes into rotation. Seldom do I have fun on this map.

    One of the reason why I love D'Qar is because of the field generators with the ability to dramatically push your ship. When I first played on that map, I was very surprised and was like "WHOA!". They can be quite tricky when flying into the gravity effects, which is why timing is the key in this. As I gotten used to those gravity effects, I tend to crash less than before.

    I also like the atmosphere while being inside the gravity effects, and hearing sounds while getting in, being inside and getting out. It gives me a funny feeling as if I'm flying through a giant bubble made of water.

    It was also interesting to hear two announcers from both sides who say about piloting skills regarding the generator's effects: "A good pilot can exploit the field generator effects, other should stir well cleared. (Resistance)" and "It appears the field generator effects may be of used, if your piloting is up to the task. (First Order)".
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • mastery0ta
    6032 posts Member
    All OT and PT maps. The ST sucks because no playable bomber
  • rollind24
    5345 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    All OT and PT maps. The ST sucks because no playable bomber

    It was quite annoying getting ST maps when knocking out bomber milestones. Hopefully they add something later
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • mastery0ta
    6032 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    All OT and PT maps. The ST sucks because no playable bomber

    It was quite annoying getting ST maps when knocking out bomber milestones. Hopefully they add something later

    I wish they would too. Just keeps it fresh I love playing the objective with the bombers
  • BuddyChryst
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It's not like the bubbles are random. Just gotta time them and know your position in relation to the center. It's one of the few times the audio warnings are appropriate. If you're not a good pilot, steer clear.

    The one thing I haven't completely figured out is whether the bubble defracts blasters and how much. At first it seemed like they couldn't make it through at all, but then I noticed I could get hit markers. I still duck in and out of them when I'm damaged and want some time to regen.
  • Butler
    33 posts Member
    There's two maps that I think was anywhere close to being finished... So i hardly play that mode
  • i love all maps....we need MORE!
    & some balance!
  • Seronax
    471 posts Member
    Billydoc wrote: »
    i love all maps....we need MORE!
    & some balance!

    Indeed we need more maps, and more Heroes!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    It's not like the bubbles are random. Just gotta time them and know your position in relation to the center. It's one of the few times the audio warnings are appropriate. If you're not a good pilot, steer clear.

    The one thing I haven't completely figured out is whether the bubble defracts blasters and how much. At first it seemed like they couldn't make it through at all, but then I noticed I could get hit markers. I still duck in and out of them when I'm damaged and want some time to regen.

    I think the gravity fields also affect missiles. They seldom seem to hit or even track when I fire at targets within, and most of the time I just waste the ability. So not only do they interfere with your flight they also seem to interfere with offensive capability in an annoying fashion.

    And as others have said, the lack of a bomber makes the map less dynamic and enjoyable. I can accept it on unknown regions because that map is awesome, but D'qar just isn't that interesting. Plus as the match progresses all of the debris gets destroyed leaving us to dogfight in a big open space. The lack of obstacles is one of the things that made Fighter Squadron so uninteresting in the last game.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • GenxDarchi
    7679 posts Member
    D'Qar. The grav fields help me escape from the opposition.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • grimmace2
    1060 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Are you controlling your ship when you enter?

    I pull back hard to slow down, then fire etc, and bring the ship lower (I find the field generator normally tries to push me up, not down) to compensate for the field’s push/pull.

    I think where the generator tends to push you depends on where you are in relation to it's "core". Basically tries to push you away from center. I assumed that it was always pushing up when the field disengaged (because I would come in high). I started to correct by coming in lower (than the core) and it started pushing me down. My advice now is just to shoot at the core from outside of the generator :D
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Are you controlling your ship when you enter?

    I pull back hard to slow down, then fire etc, and bring the ship lower (I find the field generator normally tries to push me up, not down) to compensate for the field’s push/pull.

    I think where the generator tends to push you depends on where you are in relation to it's "core". Basically tries to push you away from center. I assumed that it was always pushing up when the field disengaged (because I would come in high). I started to correct by coming in lower (than the core) and it started pushing me down. My advice now is just to shoot at the core from outside of the generator :D

    That is what I do. Alot of times it cooperates and I stop outside long enough to do a good barrage and torpedo.

    At the end of the day still not a map I like ...
  • I've played a good bit of SA. After getting adjusted to all of the maps, Unknown Regions has become my favorite. Flying around asteroids is actually pretty fun, and allows you the opportunity to escape pursuers. There is even a small indoor area that can be used to fly around in at top speed to chase/evade enemies.

    I do enjoy all of the maps, but I think UR just offers the most fun for piloting.
  • Billkwando
    1612 posts Member
    My 2 favorite maps are the ones where you fly into stuff (Star Destroyer and the one with the big round ball covered in garage doors). Not a fan of the prequel ships, except for bombers and Tri-fighter, though.

    My least 2 favorite maps are the ones where you fly into stuff (asteroids, debris). :p
    LeftTurnus wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I’ve found the field generators are great to double up on your time to blow them up. Are you controlling your ship when you enter?

    I pull back hard to slow down, then fire etc, and bring the ship lower (I find the field generator normally tries to push me up, not down) to compensate for the field’s push/pull.

    Of course when you slow down it means you have to be canny with the rear view in case you’re being followed, but that’s no big deal.

    I think I get taken out by the cruisers bashing into me from nowhere than I do crashing because of the field generator’s outputs.

    pH

    I slow down, use the field to stop and barrage, control my ship, creep in, get shoved left right into wall. Sometimes right, sometimes up, sometimes down, whatever is closest to me is the direction it sends me.
    Before the last patch it wasn't as aggressive and could be counteracted more. After the patch it seems to be more aggressive and just slams you into the closest object/wall...

    Annoying to say the least...

    Yeah it didn't used to happen, but lately I've been getting thrown sideways into walls a lot.
    It's not like the bubbles are random. Just gotta time them and know your position in relation to the center. It's one of the few times the audio warnings are appropriate. If you're not a good pilot, steer clear.

    The one thing I haven't completely figured out is whether the bubble defracts blasters and how much. At first it seemed like they couldn't make it through at all, but then I noticed I could get hit markers. I still duck in and out of them when I'm damaged and want some time to regen.

    Yeah the bubbles and blaster fire are....unpredictable.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!