criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Im sorry EA, but this game is already dying...

Replies

• Just turned the game on
    didn't have a problem getting into a game
    full teams
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Some folks like to bring the drama and say the sky is falling, and some like to white knight, as if they feed off of copious pats on the back they receive from the same characters who always seem to show up to validate them. Such is the internet. Another day, another thread.

One can complain without being a drama queen, and one can be positive without being a suck up. It's all about balance in the Force. :p

Truth. Well said.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Just turned the game on
    full teams

Just turned the game on
    Got into Yavin and needed 9 more players
    Saw a comment that said, "This is gonna take a while at the current rate."
    Quit the game.
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    STOPchris wrote: »
    Dash is delusional, speaks like a true fanboy of EA... if there were ever such a thing.

IKR, it's pretty cringey.

I've taken a break from this game in the small hope that they will actually fix the progression.

The defenders have gone from nonsensically defending the current progression to now praising the update that will come and fix all the problems.

At least they now admit it's hot garbage in it's current state.

I love this game's gameplay but I hate how the progression ruins the experience.

Please fix this game DICE.

Don’t care.

Also quick reminder to the both of you.

You may not like me, my positivity, or for whatever other reasons you gave yourself, but you Will understand this, No amount of crying about me will Ever stop me from being here for everyone else that actually gives a darn about this game and it’s future.

So cry all you want, say whatever you feel, I ain’t going Nowhere ladies. Not ever. Deal with it.

Wth are you blathering on about? lol

I give a big darn about this game. It's just you praise and defend DICE to almost no end.

It's cringe-worthy.

I'm positive about this game's gameplay. I love GA, I love HvV, I love SA. I like Strike. I even like Blast a little. I LOVE STAR WARS(prolly more than you).

I will not stop being negative about their progression until it's fixed.

It's unacceptable that it's still taking this long to fix it.

That's why people still give this game a ton of flak, and deservedly so.

You may continue you unadulterated praise, I don't care.

I will continue to reflect reality versus the fantasy narrative you fanboys try to enforce on these forums.

Apparently your opinion of me matters more than this game. But I digress. You’re honestly not worth the time.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    This game did Not fail. You want to see Failure!? Take a long look at Destiny 2. Quite the Graveyard of Disappointment within that community. They were bamboozled, mislead, and robbed.

This game had a rough launch due to drama over crates. So what? Does that take away from how good the game is when you play it? Nope. Do people still have fun? Yup. I know I do.

And that man is leaving the company to do something else because he feels like it. Hence giving his notice. Not because the game is “Failing”.

Everyone has a difference in “Patience Level”. There is no difference in the definition of failure. And this game is No failure.

We’ve only scratched the surface. Once Progression is implemented the Content Schedule is back on course. Nothing else will be taking away/dividing resources/staff or manpower. It will all be content focused and Balance focused.

Yo Dash gaming, can you plz stop being the hero and defender of this Forum ? I've been gone for 1 month of BF2 and the forums and I come back and this is still as it was 1 month ago. This game is a failure atm, stop denying it and convincing yourself.

No.
    Dash is delusional, speaks like a true fanboy of EA... if there were ever such a thing.

I've taken a break from this game in the small hope that they will actually fix the progression.

The defenders have gone from nonsensically defending the current progression to now praising the update that will come and fix all the problems.

I love this game's gameplay but I hate how the progression ruins the experience.

Don’t care.

And you shouldn't. I don't get why someone can't be optimistic about a game he likes.... SMH

It’s all good man. They want to cry let em. As if I care what they have to say about me :lol:

I’m here for the Game & Fun. That’s it.

Smh, don't let the haters get to you.
    They just mad bc they know your right.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• SSJSnoop wrote: »

Don’t care.

You may not like me, my positivity, or for whatever other reasons you gave yourself, but you Will understand this, No amount of crying about me will Ever stop me from being here for everyone else that actually gives a darn about this game and it’s future.

So cry all you want, say whatever you feel, I ain’t going Nowhere ladies. Not ever. Deal with it.

I give a big darn about this game. It's just you praise and defend DICE to almost no end.

It's cringe-worthy.

I'm positive about this game's gameplay. I love GA, I love HvV, I love SA. I like Strike. I even like Blast a little. I LOVE STAR WARS(prolly more than you).

I will continue to reflect reality versus the fantasy narrative you fanboys try to enforce on these forums.

Apparently your opinion of me matters more than this game. But I digress. You’re honestly not worth the time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5060156
    Nice! :D
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member

Don’t care.

It's cringe-worthy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5060156

:sunglasses: :blush:
    wrz71gh87hlu.jpeg

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• It really wasn't that much of a slam.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Don’t care.

It's cringe-worthy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5060156

wrz71gh87hlu.jpeg

cb9.jpg
    Saved.
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    It really wasn't that much of a slam.

Better!?

4swt7tlzbace.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NachoFoot wrote: »
    Just turned the game on
    full teams

Just turned the game on
    Got into Yavin and needed 9 more players
    Saw a comment that said, "This is gonna take a while at the current rate."
    Quit the game.

I'm in Australia 1st game Deathstar i jumped out at end of game still had to do lightside wich was next

a couple of min later i jumped back in and i was at Yavin at the start so i don't have a problem getting into a game .
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member

Don’t care.

It's cringe-worthy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5060156

wrz71gh87hlu.jpeg

cb9.jpg
    Saved.

Ditto! That grievous one is Awesome!! :)

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    n3aszim0b8pe.jpg

PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    n3aszim0b8pe.jpg

Super Size this!!! :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    It's not dying it's just resting in the diaper tank:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• GenxDarchi
    7301 posts Member

Don’t care.

It's cringe-worthy.

Wow, I put you in your place, great non-response lol

It's ok, you can't argue any of my points.

You(and your kind) will keep praising DICE, playing make believe that everything is great and I will keep condemning them for the horrible progression that is still not fixed in the real world.

I'll let you get back to you off-topic fast food discussion.

Is there truly a problem about being optimistic? I mean, There is no reason to continually discuss the point, and either way, your points aren't the subject of the thread anyway. So yes, please let us continue the point of this game might be in a slump, but certainly isn't dead. Either way, you are dismissed. Carry on to your other threads.

How are my points not the subject of the thread? The OP is about the game dying because they haven't fixed the problems yet.

Your post is an example of only wanting blind praise for the game and ignoring how horrible the progression is and then you guys attack people who make threads that are totally justified in being frustrated with the progression still broken going on 4 months now since release.

They deserve to be continually condemned every day it's STILL not fixed. Absolutely Yes, the playerbase is dwindling because of it.

DICE, fix your game faster. This is unacceptable.

All I am saying is patience. Progression is being fixed, but you still probably won't like it. But I am content with my cards and my current builds, as I don't need any different cards, nor do I want any. I am completely happy with my progress, so even if the system changes, I won't need much more of anything.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    edited March 2018

They can't, the obnoxious approval process of Sony and Microsoft delay things by like what, 1-2 weeks for patches? Perhaps less for hotfixes but I'm sure they have to be worth it for them to even approve those.

For the rest of these comments, people can defend or attack the game at will but if you're going to attack it constantly then leave your stupid superiority complex at the door. Respect that people are still having fun and can tolerate the unfortunate situation instead of treating everyone who disagrees with you as inferior "fanboys".

Edit: stu-pid is censored!? What is this forum rated, Y-7???
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • NerdySamurai
    490 posts Member
    edited March 2018

They can't, the obnoxious approval process of Sony and Microsoft delay things by like what, 1-2 weeks for patches? Perhaps less for hotfixes but I'm sure they have to be worth it for them to even approve those.

For the rest of these comments, people can defend or attack the game at will but if you're going to attack it constantly then leave your **** superiority complex at the door. Respect that people are still having fun and can tolerate the unfortunate situation instead of treating everyone who disagrees with you as inferior "fanboys".

Even Y-7 can say stupid, lmao.

Edit: For the love of Revan..

For the rest of these comments, people can defend or attack the game at will but if you're going to attack it constantly then leave your **** superiority complex at the door. Respect that people are still having fun and can tolerate the unfortunate situation instead of treating everyone who disagrees with you as inferior "fanboys".

Even Y-7 can say ****, lmao.

Edit: For the love of Revan..

:lol:
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Sony and Microsoft for the holdup on patches?

LOLOL. Oh my.

Approval process takes a long time sooooo.... obviously. If it only took a day, patches would release sooner.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I suppose "fail" depends on the goal. From what I've seen, this game has certainly not been as lucrative as the first Battlefront. But then I never expected it to be, even if people didn't rage about loot boxes. The first Battlefront chased a lot of players off with it's no-Conquest having, Star card using, ridiculous power spamming, low map count launching, rip-off season pass selling, no single player having nonsense.

Fact is, Battlefront 2 had to come out swinging on all cylinders. I think the game has a lot of good things and potential, but the loot boxes and progression system are a total face plant right out of the gate lol. And despite all the requests for it, we still didn't get a conquest mode. It just doesn't start any worse than this game did.

So now all this free DLC they hyped up gets put on hold so they can go off and fix the game that should have been out in November. Then we will have to wait and see if they add Conquest and other long requested features, just like it took them 7 months to add an off-line mode to the first game.

Honestly, this blows my mind. I don't think anyone saw this coming back when it was announced DICE was doing Star Wars Battlefront. Least of all, no one expected to be 6 months into the second game and no Conquest mode from the developers of Battlefield. And no Disney does not appear to be pleased at all.

• Sony and MS might hold it up a little, but the game being broken like it is, now all that belongs to Dice. I love how the new Dev technique is to blame MS/Sony for the patches not comming out quickly. Yes, I have also seen other companies do/say the same thing. You can't blame the consoles for the 4 months that it has taken for them to attempt to fix a problem they made in the first place.

The truth is that I am glad that someone checks the patch to make sure it works before it releases, Dice sure doesn't. If they did the Heavy gun issue would have been fixed before it became a problem in the first place.
  • rollind24
    5019 posts Member
    Sony and MS might hold it up a little, but the game being broken like it is, now all that belongs to Dice. I love how the new Dev technique is to blame MS/Sony for the patches not comming out quickly. Yes, I have also seen other companies do/say the same thing. You can't blame the consoles for the 4 months that it has taken for them to attempt to fix a problem they made in the first place.

The truth is that I am glad that someone checks the patch to make sure it works before it releases, Dice sure doesn't. If they did the Heavy gun issue would have been fixed before it became a problem in the first place.

I’m pretty sure that’s not what Microsoft and Sony check for though. I don’t think they’re checking for gameplay issues, I could be wrong though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • tankertoad
    5755 posts Member

LOLOL. Oh my.

Approval process takes a long time sooooo.... obviously. If it only took a day, patches would release sooner.

No they don't. And basically every game in the universe except this one proves it. Sony and Microsoft don't care if your game sucks. They only run some tests to make sure that it doesn't break your console.

This continued theory that Microsoft and Sony are running code and checking for errors is just comical.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    y'all are taking eye off the ball....tomorrow when that Luke skin Part 2 rolls in I'll be warmed up, slamming the sticks B)

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• I know MS/Sony don't check the patch for game bugs. They do check it to make sure that there is no hidden software, or code that will hurt the system. They also make sure the patch actually installes like it should. I have spoken to a few MS employees and different game Devs about this. Dice is just trying to blame the consoles to make it look like they were done with it weeks ago. They just want to try and pass the blame, to make themselves look better.
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    This game did Not fail. You want to see Failure!? Take a long look at Destiny 2. Quite the Graveyard of Disappointment within that community. They were bamboozled, mislead, and robbed.

This game had a rough launch due to drama over crates. So what? Does that take away from how good the game is when you play it? Nope. Do people still have fun? Yup. I know I do.

And that man is leaving the company to do something else because he feels like it. Hence giving his notice. Not because the game is “Failing”.

Everyone has a difference in “Patience Level”. There is no difference in the definition of failure. And this game is No failure.

We’ve only scratched the surface. Once Progression is implemented the Content Schedule is back on course. Nothing else will be taking away/dividing resources/staff or manpower. It will all be content focused and Balance focused.

Yo Dash gaming, can you plz stop being the hero and defender of this Forum ? I've been gone for 1 month of BF2 and the forums and I come back and this is still as it was 1 month ago. This game is a failure atm, stop denying it and convincing yourself.

No.

Don’t care.

And you shouldn't. I don't get why someone can't be optimistic about a game he likes.... SMH

It’s all good man. They want to cry let em. As if I care what they have to say about me :lol:

Step away and don't let it bother you. No matter what they say, they care about the game otherwise they would NOT be on these forums spending time here.

Awhile back, I was on the forums of a MMORTS I used to play. A thread was started stating that the forums had less whiners these days. The head moderator replied that "whining" meant players still cared about the game to post and forum silence just meant that players have quit. The game subsequently died.

So, which would you rather have: Whiners or a silent forum...?

This is so true. People complaining do so because they do care about the game, and want badly to see improvement. Bare minimum they own the game and are at least watching for updates if not actively playing.

No game is perfect, so there's always going to be someone complaining just like there's always going to be someone defending the game no matter how obvious the problems are.

But when the forum goes silent? That is in no way a good thing.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NachoFoot wrote: »

Dev is working while we chat it up..
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    edited March 2018

LOLOL. Oh my.

No they don't. And basically every game in the universe except this one proves it. Sony and Microsoft don't care if your game sucks. They only run some tests to make sure that it doesn't break your console.

This continued theory that Microsoft and Sony are running code and checking for errors is just comical.

I'm restating facts told by developers on several different forums. Those tests are what take so long apparently. I never spoke specifics. But continue your denial though.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • univurshul wrote: »
    y'all are taking eye off the ball....tomorrow when that Luke skin Part 2 rolls in I'll be warmed up, slamming the sticks B)

giphy.gif

Lol 9 weeks for 3 old skins. How awesome, bet we don't get poop for content untill those 9 weeks are up as well other than patch 1.3.
  • The big problem is that they've given us nothing to look forward to. By this point for the last game, we at least had a roadmap for what to expect throughout the year.

By this point in the last game, the recently promoted Design Director wasn’t doing A COMPLETE AND TOTAL REHAUL OF UI AND PROGRESSION either.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The big problem is that they've given us nothing to look forward to. By this point for the last game, we at least had a roadmap for what to expect throughout the year.

By this point in the last game, the recently promoted Design Director wasn’t doing A COMPLETE AND TOTAL REHAUL OF UI AND PROGRESSION either.

They're probably busting their tails trying to overhaul the game.

Nobody wants DLC costs...Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants MTX..Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants loot crates..Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants lack of content or no lack of updates or silence..Dev: " :s "

Tough crowd. Maybe one of us on these boards can make a better game?

No.

Don’t care.

Step away and don't let it bother you. No matter what they say, they care about the game otherwise they would NOT be on these forums spending time here.

Awhile back, I was on the forums of a MMORTS I used to play. A thread was started stating that the forums had less whiners these days. The head moderator replied that "whining" meant players still cared about the game to post and forum silence just meant that players have quit. The game subsequently died.

This is so true. People complaining do so because they do care about the game, and want badly to see improvement. Bare minimum they own the game and are at least watching for updates if not actively playing.

No game is perfect, so there's always going to be someone complaining just like there's always going to be someone defending the game no matter how obvious the problems are.

Aww c'mon. We all love the franchise and play the game heavily. Some are on strike, some on hiatus, some just taking a break.. Let's bury the poo-poo contest who wants the new stuff more. Dev is working while we chat it up.. The community has clearly spoken the ills of the game, we know..we know. Sweet baby Jesus, let yourself have some fun with this thing. What more can you do, bros..

The franchise? Sure I love the franchise whether you're talking about Star Wars or Battlefront specifically. But I tried to like this game and just can't. Without conquest mode, this game just isn't the same as even the PSP games. It's not even close really, and I'm fed up with routine shooters which is what DICE Battlefront games have been. However I do see the potential which is why I haven't flat given up.

So what more can I do? I can continue to enjoy games like Planetside 2, TitanFall 2, or Battlefield 4. Maybe replay some games like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, or Infamous. Meanwhile check back every now and then to see if this game gets fixed. lol
  • The big problem is that they've given us nothing to look forward to. By this point for the last game, we at least had a roadmap for what to expect throughout the year.

We had a roadmap of last game, but it wasn't lighting anyone's fire. By this time we had just found out that the first DLC was going to be all small maps. Fans of the big map modes were not happy at all.
  • Sadisticrage76
    469 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Alot of video games have made tons of money without any of DLC, MTX, or Trash Boxes. The issue is that they just don't want to make a profit anymore, they want to make RECORD BREAKING profits. Instead of worrying about making a great game like Metal Gear 1-4, Halo 1-3, Forza 1-4, and Mortal Kombat 1-9. I could list 100's more if you like. These companies worry about how to make a game that will work with MTX and trash boxes. Why else would EA stop making single player only games. If RNG boxes are so innocent, then why don't game companies give us access to a form showing us the drop rates of the items in these boxes. They don't because they know that tons of people will stop buying them once they realize that they have a better chance of getting hit by lightning 6 times before they get the skin they want.

As far as DLC goes, it doesn't bother me if it is an actual game expansion. Something that is about 25% the size of the full game. I don't like all this nickel and dime DLC. I have an issue with Day 1 DLC. Most day 1 DLC is already on the disk, but they want more money for it. The 3 Hoth skins have been in the game from the start, but they held them out of the game to use them as DLC later. Iden's ship is nothing more that resources that are already in the game. They just gave this one different star cards and a name.

If games took so much money to make, the video game industry would not be more profitable than the Film Industry now, and more profitable than the NFL in 5 years.
    The big problem is that they've given us nothing to look forward to. By this point for the last game, we at least had a roadmap for what to expect throughout the year.

They're probably busting their tails trying to overhaul the game.

Nobody wants DLC costs...Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants MTX..Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants loot crates..Dev: "Ok"

Nobody wants lack of content or no lack of updates or silence..Dev: " :s "

Tough crowd. Maybe one of us on these boards can make a better game?

They put an amazing amount of detail and thought into this game, don't get us wrong. It's beautiful, but unbalanced Heroes, repetitive game modes, bad design choices, ect. Have left this game stagnant and boring basically. Progression is basically tied to unlocking the best optimal cards for every class and then your done until new heroes are released.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »

Don’t care.

It's cringe-worthy.

Wow, I put you in your place, great non-response lol

It's ok, you can't argue any of my points.

You(and your kind) will keep praising DICE, playing make believe that everything is great and I will keep condemning them for the horrible progression that is still not fixed in the real world.

I'll let you get back to you off-topic fast food discussion.

Is there truly a problem about being optimistic? I mean, There is no reason to continually discuss the point, and either way, your points aren't the subject of the thread anyway. So yes, please let us continue the point of this game might be in a slump, but certainly isn't dead. Either way, you are dismissed. Carry on to your other threads.

Cmon. Even you don't play this game for more than an hour at a time. Guaranteed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Can we not all revert to talking about fast food again? It was quite the debate

I do not eat McDonalds. I havent in decades. I do get the Taco Bell sometimes, when I need to clean out my colon.

Do you like Burger King?
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

LOLOL. Oh my.

Yet other games have patches fly through the process...
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member

No.

Don’t care.

Just ignore them.

No.

Don’t care.

Very true. I don't think anyone thinks the game is perfect. It does need improvement.
    I think we all get heated at times because we are passionate about SW and want the best game possible. We all wish to see those improvements as soon as possible I'm sure. Four or so months for fixes, updates and new dlc is an eternity for some, while others are prepared to wait in the hope they get it right. Patience, while a virtue is not always an answer to expectations.
  • Versatti
    1806 posts Member
    Well that was a depressing read.
  • Balzano
    84 posts Member
    When you have to wait 3 minutes or more to find a game... you know things are looking grim for the game. It sucks tho because i like it.
  • This thread is EA Royal Guard magnet. Seems it worked.
    Salty officer main.