criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Playing the objectives

camerog
222 posts Member
In Starfighter Assault i think a way of motivating players to focus on objectives (meaning care if they win or lose) would be to give point rewards for stages. So for a SA map where you are on defense you'd get say 5,000 credit bonus for a victory in stage 1 of the map. So take Ryloth as the example. The Confederacy team players get 5,000 credits as bonus if the Republic loses before the Tractor Beams are destroyed. Then a staggered approach going lower for each objective. Say 3,000 credits for the communications towers, 1500 for the Core. And it'd be the reverse for the attacking team. 1,500 for the first stage objective, 3,000 for the second and 5,000 for the 3rd.

While my post is meant for Starfighter Assault it could be applied to other game modes as well. Its also possible that others have posted same idea.

Replies

• That's too many credits, by an order of magnitude. 300, 200, 100 would make much more sense. Otherwise, your suggestion might have merit. Though, I'd simply tie it to reaching a stage, rather than winning/losing.

Still, not sure if players will do objectives even then. There's already a small bonus for being a top scoring player, easiest done by objective play, but people don't bother. Your suggestion would benefit me, though, so why not?
  • camerog
    222 posts Member
    yeah the credits might be high, but i threw a number out for conversations sake. if its too low no one will care.
  • This could work but on the flip side players who are in a bad team (or a team still not playing the objective) could get punished by getting less credits, which might result in people quitting games and having half empty lobbies all of the time.

Difficult to fix this problem but I am very surprised that there are no objective based trophies. I think there should have been a trophy for
    - activating all control points from start to finish on each map (GA)
    - stopping the activation of all control points on each map (GA)
    - Inflicting x% of damage on each of the objective based targets in SA in one game.
    - Defending a target in SA with x% of health of the target still remaining on victory
    - Defending a control point for, say, 3 minutes without dying (GA), so being rewarded for defending a control point that is not being attacked rather than running off to find some action

• EV02AAA
    720 posts Member
    Fugazi_123 wrote: »
    This could work but on the flip side players who are in a bad team (or a team still not playing the objective) could get punished by getting less credits, which might result in people quitting games and having half empty lobbies all of the time.

Difficult to fix this problem but I am very surprised that there are no objective based trophies. I think there should have been a trophy for
    - activating all control points from start to finish on each map (GA)
    - stopping the activation of all control points on each map (GA)
    - Inflicting x% of damage on each of the objective based targets in SA in one game.
    - Defending a target in SA with x% of health of the target still remaining on victory
    - Defending a control point for, say, 3 minutes without dying (GA), so being rewarded for defending a control point that is not being attacked rather than running off to find some action

Good suggestions.

I don't think players not PTO is as much of an issue in SFA as it is in the infantry games and I am honestly not sure why. One sided games tend to be because players on one side aren't that great rather than racking up loads of kills and still losing (though that does, of course, happen) so better matchmaking would help...