criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Disrespectful silence

Prev1
Does EA realize how disrespectful is this silence?
I mean: we have no news about the next DLC and a broken weapon that is sabotaging the gameplay.
And we don't see anybody from staff saying anything official about these subjects.
I used to defend the game from haters, and now I think I've been wasting my time.

Replies

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The silence is verbatim how LucasFilm rolls. EA releases news when they want. They made the game, we made a one-time purchase, we don't have to buy DLCs so be happy with it or play a new game I guess. There'd probably be much better roll-out of content if the game made better revenue, but let's not forget the fanbase retaliated and poo-pooed MTX and loot crates. Can't please everyone...or anyone with gaming I suppose.

You gotta pay people to build stuff, cannot have your cake and eat it without paying for it IMHO.
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• OGPOTUS wrote: »
    The worst part now is that most of the news boils down to “this next patch is great, you’re gonna love it.”

Really now? Then why post 0 details about it? Blah blah blah confirmation/approval/nonsense. Since when did a game need approval from EA, Disney, Sony, Microsoft, the ESRB, the EPA, the American Heart Association and the Pope before we get any sort of concrete information?

The previous game had the entire roadmap released by now. We don’t even know the smallest amount of information about the newest season, which has been worked on for at least 2 months now.

If I wanted to be fed bull on a regular basis, I’d move to a cattle ranch in Texas. My faith in this game is whittled away little by little with every shallow “update” given.

I understand that what is previously approved by Microsoft, EA, Lucas Films, etc, is what is described in each phase of the project: contents, age rating, hardware requirements, etc.
    But the game and each of its patches and DLC's must be verified for issues like system crash or system breaches by the platform's technical team.

About one month ago I read about a visit of members from EA to Lucas Films headquarters. That could mean new contents that are not in the original schedule of the project.

For now, I decided to believe that EA's silence has something to do with a planned content that may be released in advance together with the next DLC. In other words: potentially, two DLC's in one.
    That's an speculation, obviously.
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    univurshul wrote: »
    The silence is verbatim how LucasFilm rolls. EA releases news when they want. They made the game, we made a one-time purchase, we don't have to buy DLCs so be happy with it or play a new game I guess. There'd probably be much better roll-out of content if the game made better revenue, but let's not forget the fanbase retaliated and poo-pooed MTX and loot crates. Can't please everyone...or anyone with gaming I suppose.

You gotta pay people to build stuff, cannot have your cake and eat it without paying for it IMHO.

Great now i want cake and new dlc. thanks!
  • univurshul wrote: »

Although I prefer to believe that the silence may have something to do with a content to be released in advance, sometimes I find myself thinking that EA could be talking about abbreviating SWBF2 due to its unexpected revenue.
    :-/
  • What exactly is it you want to hear? If they say: expect X, everyone will complain it's not enough or what they wanted. If they say expect Y but then decide to make changes, everyone will complain that they're not getting what was promised. If they say expect it on Z date, but hit some bugs and push it back, everyone will complain. They know about cooling/heating bugs (it's not just the DC15, though it benefits rather than suffers).

So what is it you want them to say?
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    What exactly is it you want to hear? If they say: expect X, everyone will complain it's not enough or what they wanted. If they say expect Y but then decide to make changes, everyone will complain that they're not getting what was promised. If they say expect it on Z date, but hit some bugs and push it back, everyone will complain. They know about cooling/heating bugs (it's not just the DC15, though it benefits rather than suffers).

So what is it you want them to say?
    I think they need more formal communication but you make a good point. No information is better than “false” or disappointing information in terms of community reception.
  • lok
    961 posts Member
    Truth is,all EA/DICE games this is how they behave.
    Every game they do not communicate to the masses as we would like,it is just there way.
    So from that experience since i have played most of there games,i share with you this information,this is normal practice for them.
    I cannot expect i know how they work things out in there offices working with the game,but i am hoping they are working on the issues we all call major. B)
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Although I prefer to believe that the silence may have something to do with a content to be released in advance, sometimes I find myself thinking that EA could be talking about abbreviating SWBF2 due to its unexpected revenue.
    :-/

it's entirely possible or false. We don't know for sure. Another thing is almost none of us have completed the game that's before us. Or toss up some screenshots of your milestones at 100%. All I'm saying is there's plenty of unresolved content in front of us. There's tons of heroes to master, lots of nuances, plenty of hours to invest still... If you're bored/mad/frustrated, no worries. I get it. But new content takes work. Game improvements take work. They have a vested interest to make it better, that's a given...But just because we bought the game doesn't give us a license to hate on delays, potential content, glitches, bugs, lack of communication, what-have-you. Nothing in life is perfect, neither are we, the same is for Star Wars. Its weird, fun and imaginary...

Let these guys & gals work and just play the game, bros & bro-ettes.
    Post edited by univurshul on
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Piscettios
    5119 posts Member
    lok wrote: »
    Truth is,all EA/DICE games this is how they behave.
    Every game they do not communicate to the masses as we would like,it is just there way.
    So from that experience since i have played most of there games,i share with you this information,this is normal practice for them.

Would be nice if they communicated more.

This is par for the course for them. They have indeed always been this way. The unfortunate thing around here is, for many this is their first Dice game, so the flood of these threads will continue. And so will the frustration.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Slayer_Kollar
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mushroom management
    The worst part now is that most of the news boils down to “this next patch is great, you’re gonna love it.”

Really now? Then why post 0 details about it? Blah blah blah confirmation/approval/nonsense. Since when did a game need approval from EA, Disney, Sony, Microsoft, the ESRB, the EPA, the American Heart Association and the Pope before we get any sort of concrete information?

The previous game had the entire roadmap released by now. We don’t even know the smallest amount of information about the newest season, which has been worked on for at least 2 months now.

If I wanted to be fed bull on a regular basis, I’d move to a cattle ranch in Texas. My faith in this game is whittled away little by little with every shallow “update” given.

That's the thing. DICE or employee from DICE did not work on the previous game thus why it had more info and up and so on. These employees are just bad as it could get. Honest to god, I'm so fed up with this games **** to the point I'll just listen to those tiny **** losers telling me "Then why are you playing? Quit" I might just do that. I've had enough of waiting for a dam update or a dlc. " Please wait and give us some time to work on update and patchs because they are very hard to do". You know what? How about il just take my business somewhere else, I'm sure as hell they're more professional and a whole better at making video games. It shouldn't TAKE THIS LONG for a dam info on what's dragging the god dam time Jesus to god himself!

• How are people expecting any different at this stage lol?

You'll see a tonne of communication just before microtransactions return, you heard it here first.

My bet is they'll be back with the new progression update.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    OGPOTUS wrote: »
    And god forbid I come to a forum about a video game to discuss my frustrations with that game. I have every right to criticize a product I spent my money on, especially when that criticism is on a website designed for people to voice their criticisms.

Why do you have the impression the the frustrations voiced here are doing anything to impede the devs’ work on the game? I’m sure they’re rather have actual feedback than come read everybody patting each other on the back for enjoying the game.

Sometimes there's no forum to discuss your frustrations over products you bought. And yet, because there is one, doesn't mean it's a constructive outlet to slam with the goal of dev bending the game for.. you?

I'm saying complaining is prevalent, and commonplace. But yea - you have constructive feedback - it's all good; I never threw shade on anyone's ideas. But everyone piling on about the 'silence' is a little overblown. Let these people work and get it right!
    Post edited by univurshul on

• Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    Let these guys & gals work and just play the game, bros & bro-ettes.
    When it's actually possible... I agree.
  • Cahhmakt
    218 posts Member
    EA is ****. What’s new

It all starts with the game that is delivered in the first place, and EA has messed up bad both times. The first Battlefront did not have $60 worth of content in it even compared to any of it's peers in the industry not to mention EA's own Battlefield 4. Then they charged $50 for a season pass and delivered maybe half the content a season pass in Battlefield or Call of Duty gets you.

That's what led to the free DLC and micro transations in the first place. Fans were outraged at how much money they spent on the first Battlefront with such little return. I specifically didn't buy Battlefield 1 as a result, and I was not going to buy a season pass for this game.

So then Battlefront 2 launches and they screw up the multiplayer again. The content is arguably there for a $60 game, but why should anyone expect to pay more for them to fix broken content?

I get what you are saying in general, and normally I would agree. But EA and DICE have backed themselves into a corner here, and they only have themselves to blame.

It all starts with the game that is delivered in the first place, and EA has messed up bad both times. The first Battlefront did not have $60 worth of content in it even compared to any of it's peers in the industry not to mention EA's own Battlefield 4. Then they charged $50 for a season pass and delivered maybe half the content a season pass in Battlefield or Call of Duty gets you.

That's what led to the free DLC and micro transations in the first place. Fans were outraged at how much money they spent on the first Battlefront with such little return. I specifically didn't buy Battlefield 1 as a result, and I was not going to buy a season pass for this game.

So then Battlefront 2 launches and they screw up the multiplayer again. The content is arguably there for a $60 game, but why should anyone expect to pay more for them to fix broken content?

I get what you are saying in general, and normally I would agree. But EA and DICE have backed themselves into a corner here, and they only have themselves to blame.

Very well said. It makes me furious that a popular and well known publishers/company take ages to deliver a update or a patch for a game such as star wars. Aren't they suppose be really well at their job since they've gotten where they are?? Taking months for just a silly update isn't something a popular company would do....right?
  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    BeepBoop wrote: »
    Does EA realize how disrespectful is this silence?
    I mean: we have no news about the next DLC and a broken weapon that is sabotaging the gameplay.
    And we don't see anybody from staff saying anything official about these subjects.
    I used to defend the game from haters, and now I think I've been wasting my time.

They literally just posted about how they will be talking about it within the next few weeks.

Rumor going around that funding is being pulled from the game by EA while they argue with Disney a case to include microtransactions back into the game despite teh amount of backlash it would RE-create.

If its all purely cosmetics, no backlash. Just like fortnite.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    OGPOTUS wrote: »
    I have every right to criticize a product I spent my money on, especially when that criticism is on a website designed for people to voice their criticisms.

Unfortunately there’s some around here who actively assume it’s their job to police the forums and try to decide what criticisms are reasonable. If you’re criticisms doesn’t meet their standards then your opinion is invalid. Lol!

@OGTOPUS is correct to say he has every right to voice his opinion. Of course he has. This is what a forum is for.
  • Some things don't change round here.

Weren't people praising the devs and EA on communication last month?

I said it before, too many people are willing to blame EA and not DICE and the Devs about communication. I firmly blame them all.

EA knows that it's business model and lack of communication works and I think DICE and the Devs do too.

These forums are a classic example of why EA doesn't need to change. Too many people defending them and the devs.

What I don't get is EA and DICE seem to think that if they give out info, dates and a roadmap that they cannot keep to, the forums will go on fire and not accept it and its backed up by people on here who seem to agree. I don't. If they were to tell of their plans and keep us informed and something happens to delay it but we are informed, many people would accept it.Maybe not entirely happy, but are reasonable enough to understand. Of course you will get those spitting curses etc but so what?

Anyway, regardless of what some of the people on these forums who have been defending EA and DICE and the Devs every step of the way and have been preeching about patience and optimism since day one, I think there really is something wrong happening in the background and I do think it's to do with MTX and the heat it's brought. This I think has effected the internal roadmap and the DLCs as how do they moniterise it without all the MTX hoppla coming back and I think any MTX in any form will cause a problem with Disney watching and waiting.

Fortnite, still fun.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    i hate how video game devs say they are working on a secret project, then never touch on it again or mention it
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.

I understand that what is previously approved by Microsoft, EA, Lucas Films, etc, is what is described in each phase of the project: contents, age rating, hardware requirements, etc.
    But the game and each of its patches and DLC's must be verified for issues like system crash or system breaches by the platform's technical team.

About one month ago I read about a visit of members from EA to Lucas Films headquarters. That could mean new contents that are not in the original schedule of the project.

For now, I decided to believe that EA's silence has something to do with a planned content that may be released in advance together with the next DLC. In other words: potentially, two DLC's in one.

you are dreaming.... they put all those ressources in the new progression systeme and all the bug.....
    maybe we can get obi-wan and grevious because they were supposed to be at release but they were too buggy ....same for droiedika ,

you are dreaming.... they put all those ressources in the new progression systeme and all the bug.....
    maybe we can get obi-wan and grevious because they were supposed to be at release but they were too buggy ....same for droiedika ,

So the silence is unnecessary
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    Some people are not defending the devs at all. Because I may speak positively about the game does not mean I've got my hand down EA's trousers. Some of us are simply saying how we find the game. I have a lot of fun in the game and have every night since the launch. Yes I've had some bad games, seen some glitches and bugs, not to mention having been the victim to the odd out of balance weapon or villain but overall I have had a lot of fun and been in some great battles.
    EA's business model could certainly be better and Dice could communicate more on what their plans are but for me none of this is earth shatteringly killing the game off. Because I don't share the view that this game is dead does not not mean I'm somehow EA's ****.
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Some people are not defending the devs at all. Because I may speak positively about the game does not mean I've got my hand down EA's trousers. Some of us are simply saying how we find the game. I have a lot of fun in the game and have every night since the launch. Yes I've had some bad games, seen some glitches and bugs, not to mention having been the victim to the odd out of balance weapon or villain but overall I have had a lot of fun and been in some great battles.
    EA's business model could certainly be better and Dice could communicate more on what their plans are but for me none of this is earth shatteringly killing the game off. Because I don't share the view that this game is dead does not not mean I'm somehow EA's ****.

+1 Agreed 100%.

Tell me about it lol. I know you saw yesterday’s forums lol! :lol:
    y4d20dkvknbr.jpeg
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    A video game development company not providing statements on a product is "disrespectful"? Jesus I'm glad I was born before the perpetual outrage culture was lol.

Let's clear some points, pal:

1. It's obvious that games cannot be not a life priority to a player.
    2. Games are priority to a game development company, because games are their job.
    3. Any company that doesn't deliver what it proposed and gives no quick response to the customer's complaint is disrespectful.

The disrespect I refer to is that fact of EA staff sees this forum in boiling point because of the so many problems of the game and simply give no feedback about it.

Ok...
    1. If they cannot be a priority for a player than why do you feel "disrespected"? It is a trivial video game.
    2. Yes... the game is the priority... not responding to forum posts complaining about a product which has already been shipped and paid for.
    3. You purchased a game for $, the gaming company provided you with the game and you took delivery of said game... the product you paid for was delivered and EA owes you nothing further. If you have a complaint/want a refund you can call EA customer service... posting on a forum is not the correct avenue... hence the reason EA has a customer service department.

Lastly, you feel disrespected because an online forum used by probably .0001% of the player base has upset players and EA hasn't deigned to respond?... I don't know what to say to that except you paid your $, you got your game, and EA owes you absolutely nothing further... no content, no communication, no nothing. If you bought a product not for what it is, but what it could be, you are a fool.

Would I like more content and the bugs fixed? Yes; however, I am under no delusion that EA owes me anything as our buyer/seller relationship was already concluded. I don't think I am disrespected by EA not providing me information, as that is not what I paid for... if it gets to the point where I really dislike the status of the game I will stop playing it.
  • Octavarius wrote: »

Yes pal!
    I agree with you.
    This is not a hate post. I love this game, and seeing such a wonderful game being treated like EA is doing makes me sad.

Some people see the word "disrespectful" as an exaggeration, but I'm just speaking as an ordinary costumer.

Imagine Shell giving no response to costumers regarding a gas station that sold adulterated gasoline.
    Imagine Amazon giving no response to a costumer regarding a damaged toy.

Of course I have problems bigger than a bugged videogames, adulterated gasoline and damaged toys, but that's my personal criterion.
    For the companies, those should be treated as big problems.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

Lack of content at launch is not one of the problems this game has.

You forget that it also takes a few weeks to a couple months to get white house clearance, they need to discuss this personally with the president of the united states before it has to run through the senate and be passed as an official bill of new patches. Then, the update is sent to england, and the queen has to..... actually if i typed out everything it has to go through before they can even post on forums about it then ill be typing all day.

Let's just say alot of people are involved. Alot.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member
    There's a ton of things that need to be addressed with this game: Bugs, poor servers, new content, and probably the biggest one being customization - none have been addressed or discussed yet.

I have never seen a game of this scale handled so poorly, even for EA standards. Obviously EA has done a terrible job thus far with the Star Wars license, but I think we could've all seen that coming (thanks Disney).

Some blame should also be pointed towards the devs, as there have been many game-breaking glitches us players have had to endure. However they're doing the best with what they got, and I'm sure it's tough not being able to properly communicate whilst under EA's grasp. I hate when people say to be patient or that we're 'entitled', that's certainly not the case. We have been disappointed more than once as a community, and EA owes us a lot to make up for their mess.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    acc751 wrote: »
    i hate how video game devs say they are working on a secret project, then never touch on it again or mention it

Yeah this happens pretty frequently. I’m still salty about hero blast. That was a promised game mode that even modders made playable but wasn’t ever officially released.. (for the first battlefront)
  • tankertoad
    5601 posts Member

Yeah this happens pretty frequently. I’m still salty about hero blast. That was a promised game mode that even modders made playable but wasn’t ever officially released..

It seems like Hero Blast would be a easy addition.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

Lack of content at launch is not one of the problems this game has.

I said that in the post, but then they added loot boxes and a terrible multiplayer progression system. And yet again no Conquest mode. Since they have been focused on fixing the progression system, it's hard to argue they should get full credit for launch content.
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member

Yeah this happens pretty frequently. I’m still salty about hero blast. That was a promised game mode that even modders made playable but wasn’t ever officially released.. (for the first battlefront)

That's just ridiculous, I completely forgot about that. Seems like we're never going to be getting it lol
  • We were going to get Hero Blast until they pulled resources for BF2.
  • Iliya
    109 posts Member
    Guys this game is dead and hopeless!! EA has already made it's money and Can't make any more. EA is not gonna waste a dime updating a game if its make no money for them...

The rip off known as BF2 is over now gotta wait see how EA will rip off people with BF3.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I seriously hope some of you never face any real world problems ever. Because if this game is any indication of how you cope? Those suicide booths from futurama need to be real

Well...you can go first

How rude.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif