criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

New Game Mode Idea#2 –Hero Escape

HERO ESCAPE

So here's the second game mode proposal. This one is similar to SQUAD ESCAPE, but with some very big differences. 
The idea came to me while running around as Luke Skywalker in Arcade on the Death Star... 

Wouldn't it be cool to relive scenes from the movies in Battlefront II?

Immediately, I thought about Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie trying to escape the Death Star in A New Hope, and how cool it would be to reenact that. 

So again, for those of you who played it (or read my SQUAD ESCAPE proposal), this would be similar to how Safeguard from COD ghosts worked. It's meant for online multiplayer, and if love to see it as an offline  mode, but with the challenges DICE faces with AI HEROES, it may never work offline. BUT THIS WOULD BE INCREDIBLE OFFLINE..... 

This mode is meant to work in every era and with every faction, but the key is the Star Wars fantasy wish fulfillment. 
Two major caveats... More heroes need to be added to the game to make this work properly—a lot more. And, two... We need to be understanding that we won't get all the heroes we would like, but I think we'll get enough to make this work.

It's fantasy wish fulfillment inspired by the films. And if given the ability to play a playlist offline, could have real potential.

This is what I think many fans would like to see... The scenarios are endless and sound like a hell of a lot of fun.

Play as Obi-Wan and Gui-Gon as you cut your way through battle droids, super battle droids, and droidekas inside a Lucrehulk battleship. Fight you way to a transport that will take you to the surface of Naboo, where you'll help the Naboo forces turn away the Separatist threat... If you can survive Darth Maul in the generator room.

Wipe them out...All of them. Order 66 has been issued. The Jedi must be purged. Play as a team of 2-4 Jedi defending the Jedi Temple against waves of AI clones in PvE action, or against a team of 16 players in a PvP battle for the Jedi Temple. Play as Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Mace Windu, or as a squad of clone troopers. But before you can secure the Temple you must defeat the new Sith Lord formerly known as Anakin Skywalker...Darth Vader 

She might not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. And she's the only way off this rock they call Tatooine for Luke, Han, Chewie, and old Ben Kenobi. Fight off waves of stormtroopers and keep the droids safe as you make your way to the Millennium Falcon. The droids must be delivered safely or other star systems will suffer the same fate as AALDERAAN. 

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi must rescue the chancellor from the clutches of the Separatists. Aboard General Grevious' flagship, the Invisible Hand, the Jedi must fight their way through battle droids,  magnaguards, and Grevious himself in order to save Palpatine.

Rey, Finn, Han, and Chewie infiltrate Starkiller base to disable the thermal oscillator and give the Resistance a fighting chance to destroy Starkiller. Legions of First Order troops stand between them and victory... And Kylo Ren is there to finish the job.

1) Hero Escape
Hero Escape can work two ways...
  -  A) This would be a 2-4 player PvE, (Escape) Survival-based objective mode. A Horde Mode.
  -  B) This would be an intentionally unbalanced, 20-24 player, PvP, Survival-based objective mode
                • either 4 players assume the roles of heroes, vs. increasing numbers of AI enemy soldiers (like Survival from BF2015)
                • Or 4 players play as Heroes, while the other team has 16-20 soldiers.

Rules
  -  Players would have limited shared lives.
  -   In this game, the player team is limited to four era specific heroes)
  -  The opposition would be increasing numbers of AI enemy soldiers (like Survival from 2015 Battlefront)
  -  The map would be sectioned off into multiple segments (differing depending on map). The 4-player team must complete a 
       series of objectives to advance to the next stage/section of the map.
  -    Enemies will keep on coming. The longer it takes to reach and complete the objectives, the more difficult and intense the 
        waves will become. There should be multiple objectives for each stage. This will require teamwork to protect and defend 
        your mates if you're going to get out alive.
  -  Heroes must rely on their abilities and their wits to survive. 
  -  Players on the attacking side cannot be reinforcements. 

Thoughts?

@petervesti_dice@XXXO77O4906, @T0TALfps@FireWall, @TheVestalViking, @EA_Tom, @Mr_Taver

Replies

• With the upcoming PVE modes on the way, I'm curious to see how close to the mark I was with this idea.