criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Please EA I want microtransaction back !!!!

Prev1
don't listen to these poor kids bring back MTX and re-hire your staff and finally give us our AAA star wars game !

Replies

• don't listen to these poor kids bring back MTX and re-hire your staff and finally give us our AAA star wars game !

Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    don't listen to these poor kids bring back MTX and re-hire your staff and finally give us our AAA star wars game !

I fully support bringing back MTX.
  • don't listen to these poor kids bring back MTX and re-hire your staff and finally give us our AAA star wars game !

3mythkc06atj.png
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• If it means getting content on a regular basis and not having communication restricted, then i really don't care. I know I saw some guy on here who calculated the cost of micro transactions and that on average to get 4 purple cards it would cost around $100, which I doubt most people would be willing to pay.
  • World of warcraft ... cost 5 $ / month is it right ? nobody ever cry about it ....
    every game that you play on your mobile phose as mtx nobody cry about it ....
    Some player will say ..yes but we already play 60 $ for the game .... YES and it worth it...... but the mts was to give us a healty game for 4-5 years and the adults player would pay for the little kids with no $$$
    and those kids who don't have money to pay doen't need it anyway because they play 4 hours / day
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I wouldn't even care tbh. I'm already reasonably maxed out, and I doubt many people who have had the game for, say, a month would even buy any from the original intended format. Cosmetics will probably do anywhere from quite to very well, given the success of MTX for cosmetics in games such as Overwatch and Fortnite. And who doesn't want Chewbacca with C-3PO on his back, or Ben SWOLO?

OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • MTX are coming back.

#wish granted
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

I'm not poor or a kid and I don't want MTX in any game.

That said, I'd be a fool to think they're not coming back.

The question is what format will they come and can they make enough money to pay for free DLC? My own opinion is they cannot. Disney is watching on this and the gaming community as a whole are waiting and some say slavering at the thought of ripping apart EA again if/ when they bring in MTX.

They deserve the grief they had any any they get.

That said, the good thing to come from this is most companies are crapping themselves about MTX and how to implement them without getting flack.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Cosmetics only and we have a deal.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Why are people starting to think that if they bring back mtx then we’ll magically get loads of new content? :D?

I think this wait is starting to get to a lot of you and you’re all jumping to conclusions.

Nonetheless, I wouldnt mind COSMETIC mtx

Well, if they bring back MTX, than they need to ensure prolonged player engagement to maximize the MTX revenue stream... so that would mean they would need to release new content to keep players engaged... it is not unreasonable to connect these simple dots.
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member
    Cosmetics only and we have a deal.

This 100%
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member

The question is what format will they come and can they make enough money to pay for free DLC? My own opinion is they cannot. Disney is watching on this and the gaming community as a whole are waiting and some say slavering at the thought of ripping apart EA again if/ when they bring in MTX.

That said, the good thing to come from this is most companies are crapping themselves about MTX and how to implement them without getting flack.

I disagree that this is going to have any long lasting impact... I would bet in 5 years every game is going to have MTX as a core feature as this can increase margins from 50-60% to as high as 90% for some games with extensive MTX. After the massive success of GTA online just printing money, every other publicly traded gaming company is going to jump in because the shareholders demand it.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

I disagree that this is going to have any long lasting impact... I would bet in 5 years every game is going to have MTX as a core feature as this can increase margins from 50-60% to as high as 90% for some games with extensive MTX. After the massive success of GTA online just printing money, every other publicly traded gaming company is going to jump in because the shareholders demand it.

I would have agreed with you before this game was released, however I think this game highlighted how far companies were prepared to go to get as much money as possible by blah blah blah we know the story.

Too many eyes are now clearly focused on MTX who weren't that bothered before and the answers that they're recieving seems to be making it worse to the extent I think the government are going to step in.

The last thing gamers should want is government intervention in gaming as it's a slippery slope, however it's clear to me that publishers etc cannot regulate themselves on this and thus I welcome intervention by the government.

As to this game, what MTX can they do that will pay for "good" worthwhile DLC? Not sure people will rush to buy pink Darth Vader's if the game still has little content or worthwhile DLC.
  • @Solomacedaddy

It was the gambling that was the issue. Not MTX. MTX is totally legal. Gambling in a game - that gets tricky.

But to me its nothing compared to the 20 psychologists Blizzard hires to make WoW as addictive as possible.

• rollind24
    5673 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

I would have agreed with you before this game was released, however I think this game highlighted how far companies were prepared to go to get as much money as possible by blah blah blah we know the story.

Too many eyes are now clearly focused on MTX who weren't that bothered before and the answers that they're recieving seems to be making it worse to the extent I think the government are going to step in.

The last thing gamers should want is government intervention in gaming as it's a slippery slope, however it's clear to me that publishers etc cannot regulate themselves on this and thus I welcome intervention by the government.

As to this game, what MTX can they do that will pay for "good" worthwhile DLC? Not sure people will rush to buy pink Darth Vader's if the game still has little content or worthwhile DLC.

I would actually buy a pink Darth Vader for $20 and use it every game now that it’s become a rallying cry.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    @Solomacedaddy

It was the gambling that was the issue. Not MTX. MTX is totally legal. Gambling in a game - that gets tricky.

But to me its nothing compared to the 20 psychologists Blizzard hires to make WoW as addictive as possible.

Sorry, I lump MTX and loot boxes as the same. Doesn't EA? They said MTx are coming back which leads me to believe they are one and the same.

Buying an item that you can see, yea okay it's buying a product. Buying cosmetic loot boxes which is what I bet they will bring back, that is where I have a big issue.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I would actually buy a pink Darth Vader for $20 and use it every game now that it’s become a rallying cry.

£15 for a pink Vader!!!!

There again, I would pay for a Mace Windu hero and yes £15 wouldn't be too much for that.

What a low scummy hypocrite I am :wink:
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I'd totally buy a pink Vader.

@Solomacedaddy

Sorry, I lump MTX and loot boxes as the same. Doesn't EA? They said MTx are coming back which leads me to believe they are one and the same.

Buying an item that you can see, yea okay it's buying a product. Buying cosmetic loot boxes which is what I bet they will bring back, that is where I have a big issue.

yea, to me MTX is anything where you pay real money for game money/credits/parts/kit

I think crystals are coming back and loot boxes and maybe the whole thing. Just no gambling.

• New content will likely launch with the MTX reinstated. A large part of the population is likely not saving credits or crafting parts. My guess is they launch 2-4 new heroes with micro-transactions that allow you to buy crafting parts. If I were EA, that's what I would do. They will make bank and we probably will start to get a lot more content if it does well.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    @Solomacedaddy

If I was in charge of it I would simply make it a straight cash for crystals deal... and crystals could then be used to buy anything in game from skins to crafting parts to unlocks... loot boxes would no longer exist. I would assume something similar will be implemented.
  • I would take MTX if I can buy customization options. Color schemes, armor variants for Clones/Stormies, costume variants for Rebel/Resistance, Wookiee Warrior variants? I mean, come on, the possibilities are endless.
    @Solomacedaddy

yea, to me MTX is anything where you pay real money for game money/credits/parts/kit

I think crystals are coming back and loot boxes and maybe the whole thing. Just no gambling.

But a loot box is a gamble? People can agree or disagree about whether it's gambling ( I think it is) , it's still a gamble if you want that pink Darth and the only way to get it is to get lucky buying a loot box.

This is where EA makes it money, the gamble in getting what you want and keep on trying with real cash to get it.

• So, if MTx come back as long as it's not loot boxes and you can actually buy what's for sale either by cash or crystals, all would be happy with that? I wouldn't see that as an issue.

The problem with this is I still don't see how this will generate enough to make "quality" DLC and the worry is the cash shop/ crystals gets more updates than the game.

Guess if they have us information and communicated with us, we wouldn't have to speculate :wink:
  • Oh don't worry. When they say "progression system", they mean MTX progression lol
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    @Solomacedaddy

If I was in charge of it I would simply make it a straight cash for crystals deal... and crystals could then be used to buy anything in game from skins to crafting parts to unlocks... loot boxes would no longer exist. I would assume something similar will be implemented.

Okay, I could see that.

Don't think they will.

Loot boxes = major galactic credits.
  • no I agree that if I want blue strip on my clone trooper , I will pay for blue stip not a loot box
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    @Solomacedaddy

Wouldn't the crafting parts purchasing be unfair? How would it work?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Paid for giant DLC, with heroes and game modes and new weapons. That's old school and would work.

If people are prepared to spend money on cosmetics, I bet they would pay £19.99 for a fleshed out DLC.

Worked since...well ages.

Don't be fooled by the splitting community rubbish. Only BF1 caused that issue and we know why.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    @Solomacedaddy

Okay, I could see that.

Don't think they will.

Loot boxes = major galactic credits.

Well, Dennis did state in his tweet that the UI team had done a lot of work... the only way I could see the UI team needing to do a lot of work is if they had to revamp the UI for progression... i.e. loot boxes either being removed or the mechanics of them being completely altered.

Here were my thoughts on how the progression system should be changed from December of last year... I still think this is about the best solution to the problem.

Progression System: Get rid of the loot boxes and simplify the progression system. Allow crafting parts to be purchased with either credits or crystals (re-enable the ability to buy crystals through Origin)… crafting parts are then used to buy and upgrade star cards… done. Allow certain customization options to be purchased with credits, and others to be purchased only with crystals (allowing crystals to be used to buy crafting parts directly and certain customization options will generate revenue to pay for future content without the “gambling” implication which many associated with loot boxes). I am against changing the reward from duplicate star cards in loot boxes from credits to crafting parts, because I would rather see loot boxes scrapped entirely.

• @t3hBar0n Won't let me quote you.

Yea good read however what I'm not understanding really is isn't the progression revamp too late? People have moved on or just want new content/ heroes etc to get the community back to playing.

As someone said, is it about progression or MTx which is causing the delays?

Will a new progression system get new people on or convince us the current crop to stay and maybe buy whatever the MTx system is ?

I'm simple ( yep ) give me stuff to do, new maps, new heroes , balance the game and yep, maybe I might come back.

It's not unheard of for me to be enjoying a game so much, I don't mind dropping a pound or two on cosmetics.

This game...
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    @t3hBar0n Won't let me quote you.

Yea good read however what I'm not understanding really is isn't the progression revamp too late? People have moved on or just want new content/ heroes etc to get the community back to playing.

As someone said, is it about progression or MTx which is causing the delays?

Will a new progression system get new people on or convince us the current crop to stay and maybe buy whatever the MTx system is ?

I'm simple ( yep ) give me stuff to do, new maps, new heroes , balance the game and yep, maybe I might come back.

It's not unheard of for me to be enjoying a game so much, I don't mind dropping a pound or two on cosmetics.

This game...

If this game wasn't a Star Wars game with the best possible movie tie-in of all time I would agree it is too late, and I doubt EA would have bothered; however, this game is and will continue to be the only major current Star Wars game available, and with multiple Star Wars branded properties premiering over the coming year or 2, this game will continue to get added exposure and new blood added to it. You and I both know that Star Wars fans in general love Star Wars in almost any form, and I believe many will come back to test the waters each patch just because of the fantasy aspect of the game.

As far as the progression or MTX causing the delays... I would imagine it is mostly the progression. MTX is relatively easy to implement once they decide on a business model for it... the progression system is much more tricky because you have to fix the current system, while at the same time not short changing those who already leveled in the current system, while also not making it too difficult for new players to navigate the new system and catch up. Of the 2 problems, I think the progression is much more complicated.
  • This won't bother me. I'm quite well on the game and mostly aim for fun. Nothing they advertise will get me to spend a dime. I've already gotten what I want for my hero's, classes and reinforcements(I have up to 14k crafting parts collecting dust and user around 1k to upgrade the at rt) and did so again on my brothers account. It took some time but at least I didn't spend any money on it.
  • MTX is never about selling actual great game improving content. MTX is about nickel and diming everyone with stupid things like skins. Not that skins are all bad, but at some point I would rather have more maps and modes over 100s of totally useless skins. People will always just pick the top ones no matter how many there are.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    honestly i would pay for dlc if it meant us getting the stuff we actually wanted. if we get a solo dlc im gonna be very upset lol. the only ot dlc i want is rebels.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I hate micro-transactions but if you can actually buy stuff you want they are tolerable. Paying a ton of money without the guarantee that you will actually get what you want is not. It is gambling and should be outlawed — for youth at least. I know the tired argument about the arcade claw-games. That is gambling too in my book.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    honestly i would pay for dlc if it meant us getting the stuff we actually wanted. if we get a solo dlc im gonna be very upset lol. the only ot dlc i want is rebels.

Wouldn't it be bazzar if this silence and no communications was all planed out from EA JUST to get it's player base to beg for a update that they'll pay for it? It sounds like something EA would pull off lmao I mean what if I'm right? They've did so just to obtain money off of a free dlc's....idk I'm just brainstorming and wasting time atm
    @Solomacedaddy

But a loot box is a gamble? People can agree or disagree about whether it's gambling ( I think it is) , it's still a gamble if you want that pink Darth and the only way to get it is to get lucky buying a loot box.

This is where EA makes it money, the gamble in getting what you want and keep on trying with real cash to get it.

I should have been more clear: Starter Kits. They had them in the last game. I think they come back.

• Oh don't worry. When they say "progression system", they mean MTX progression lol

yes. The idea we are getting a whole new game, I believe, is far reaching.

Its MTX implementation.

• Everyone has an opinion about MTX except for the people that made this game. Hey DEVs, what the 'pluck' is a MTX (considering it's been 5 months)? And what will it improve in this 'mother-plucking' game? (forgive my bad grammar)
    I'm ALL-IN at this poker table if it means improvements that we (the fans) can count on. I'll start the bet at $20.
    I would like to use more friendly language - but the real fans of Star Wars don't like to dangle off the edge of a lollipop stick (sucker for you realist).
    Simple Logic: If MTX = happy player and developer, Then stop 'plucking' around, Reset progression, Or return to beginning of program
  • Paid for giant DLC, with heroes and game modes and new weapons. That's old school and would work.

If people are prepared to spend money on cosmetics, I bet they would pay £19.99 for a fleshed out DLC.

Worked since...well ages.

Don't be fooled by the splitting community rubbish. Only BF1 caused that issue and we know why.

man this got good!

I have DLC in BF games. Its not a problem.

• kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    AsariSith wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »

Wouldn't it be bazzar if this silence and no communications was all planed out from EA JUST to get it's player base to beg for a update that they'll pay for it? It sounds like something EA would pull off lmao I mean what if I'm right? They've did so just to obtain money off of a free dlc's....idk I'm just brainstorming and wasting time atm
    ur right lol. we all know ea/ lucasfilm just want to find ways to make more money. this mess about the quarters and things having to be confirmed is just stupid, u can tell they arent gonna tell us about season 2 bc its a **** solo season smh. if they think battlefront will help the movie then theyre wrong. no one wanted a han solo movie to begin with.
  • kylenpain wrote: »

ur right lol. we all know ea/ lucasfilm just want to find ways to make more money. this mess about the quarters and things having to be confirmed is just ****, u can tell they arent gonna tell us about season 2 bc its a **** solo season smh. if they think battlefront will help the movie then theyre wrong. no one wanted a han solo movie to begin with.

And the movie tie ins have all been a joke really. They should focus on the game. It wouldnt matter when it came out if the game was good. Build it, and they will come.

• AsariSith wrote: »

Bizarre, even.
  • Cosmetics only and we have a deal.

And like a Starter crate so new players have a fair change to start the game with all starcrads (only level 1) and 2 emotes something like this
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

ur right lol. we all know ea/ lucasfilm just want to find ways to make more money. this mess about the quarters and things having to be confirmed is just ****, u can tell they arent gonna tell us about season 2 bc its a **** solo season smh. if they think battlefront will help the movie then theyre wrong. no one wanted a han solo movie to begin with.

And the movie tie ins have all been a joke really. They should focus on the game. It wouldnt matter when it came out if the game was good. Build it, and they will come.

exactly, kylos tlj skin is goofy bc the voice is terrible. phasma has an useless ability and tallie did nothing in the movie that shouldve granted her a spot on the hero roster smh.

Bizarre, even.

Then you Mr.Internet Teacher.

Bizarre, even.

Thank you Mr.Internet Teacher.