criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Revamped Progression Is Coming Soon

Prev13456789
Sledgehammer70
914 posts Member
edited March 2018
Since release, we've been hard at work making changes based on your feedback to create a better game for all our players. Today, we're happy to announce that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Progression update, which includes a complete re-design of the in-game progression system, will begin rolling out on March 21st. There are also some additional changes coming to the cosmetics in the game, but we'll get to that in a bit...

With this update, progression is now linear. Star Cards, or any other item impacting gameplay, will only be earned through gameplay and will not be available for purchase. Instead, you’ll earn experience points for the classes, hero characters, and ships that you choose to play in multiplayer. If you earn enough experience points to gain a level for that unit, you'll receive one Skill Point that can be used to unlock or upgrade the eligible Star Card you'd like to equip.

You'll keep everything you’ve already earned and unlocked. You will keep all of the Star Cards, heroes, weapons, or anything else you have already earned. What you have earned will still be available to use with this update regardless of how much or little progress you have already made.

Crates no longer include Star Cards and cannot be purchased. Crates are earned by logging in daily, completing Milestones, and through timed challenges. Inside of these crates, you'll find Credits or cosmetic items, such as emotes or victory poses, but nothing that impacts gameplay.

Starting in April, you’ll be able to get appearances directly through in-game Credits or Crystals. The first new appearances are coming soon, meaning you'll be able to grab new looks for your heroes and troopers directly by using either Credits (earned in-game) or Crystals (available to purchase in-game and through first-party stores). If you’ve ever dreamed of being a part of the Resistance as a Rodian, your chance is right around the corner.

These changes are a major step as we continue to improve the core of the game and add new content. And there’s a lot more to come. In addition to continued balance patches, we will also add a number of modes to Star Wars Battlefront II in the coming months, offering several standout, brand-new ways to play. Some of these, like the recently released limited-time Jetpack Cargo, are radically different than anything you've experienced in the game before, and we're excited to surprise you with what we have planned.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Update releases on March 21, with more content rolling out in the following weeks. We're truly excited for the future of the game, and we would be honored if you would join us on this journey.

Progression Update FAQ: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/102519/star-wars-battlefront-ii-progression-update-faq#latest
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• This looks like a turning point for the game and its future but if i read this post correctly there is no mention of what will happen to our crafting parts.

Do we keep them like everything we've unlocked ?
    Will they still be used to upgrade our Star Cards ?
    Will they be converted into Skill Points ? And if so how much crafting parts is required to convert them ?

Thank you.
  • Will there be any patch included to fix the biggest bugs/glitches? Most notably the one that stops people unlocking their rank 50 trophy/achievement?
  • This looks like a turning point for the game and its future but if i read this post correctly there is no mention of what will happen to our crafting parts.

Will they be converted into Skill Points ? And if so how much crafting parts is required to convert them ?

Thank you.

"Q.) What happens with Parts?
    A.) As of the Progression Update, Parts will no longer be awarded. You will keep your current balance, and in April you will be able to convert parts into Skill Points (at 40 Parts per Skill Point). Player’s Parts totals will be rounded up so that players will not be left with unusable Parts."
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Thank you.

"Q.) What happens with Parts?
    A.) As of the Progression Update, Parts will no longer be awarded. You will keep your current balance, and in April you will be able to convert parts into Skill Points (at 40 Parts per Skill Point). Player’s Parts totals will be rounded up so that players will not be left with unusable Parts."
    trydling wrote: »
    @ZongoleRoco In April you will be able to trade in 40 Parts for 1 Skill Point to a unit of your choice. We recommend that you keep any spare Parts until then, since that trade-in ratio for anything but Common Star Cards is more beneficial than the current crafting cost, if that makes sense. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else!
    /T

Thank you guys for the answer
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @trydling , I couldn't help but notice you are a weapon designer. What are the odds of getting new weapons for our classes? Also, can I use points to craft guns? Thank you! I also love the game, super fun!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • I appreciate the effort involved in this, as well. Also looking forward to the cosmetic options.

So Star Cards are locked and you can unlock the base/Common version with Skill points, then subsequently upgrade them with points as well. Cards are not restricted by Unit Level, correct? Meaning, once I have Skill Points available, I can choose to unlock any of the available cards for that class that I do not currently have. I don't need to be Unit Level X in order to get certain ones.

If so, then it likely doesn't matter to spend Crafting Parts now (40 needed to craft an Common you don't have) versus the 1 Skill Point I get through the transition of CP to SP. I also presume the upgrade cost ratios would be the same going up in rarity - so there shouldn't be a need to go blow all Crafting Parts now. It's effectively the same.
  • This change looks like exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping for! Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward to trying it out!

I am one of the PC players who has had the bug of not getting credits for duplicate star cards in crates. This bug still persists and I have not been reimbursed any lost credits to date, despite that being promised in the last patch.

Will we be reimbursed our lost credits BEFORE the new progression system comes out? I would prefer to use these credits to buy crates now and have the crafting parts, rather than be reimbursed later when I can only spend the credits on cosmetics.

All the best!
  • Super excited for this, especially the cosmetics.

The only thing that worries me is Hero Ships and skill points. They're really only playable for 5-10% of the time in Starfighter Assault. Upgrading is sounding like it will be a massive pain, near impossible (especially when everyone shoots me out of the sky as soon as I get one). Are they going to be handled differently?
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • @trydling
    I have everything in the game unlocked except one Darth Vader emote. I have all Milestones completed. With crates becoming a thing of the past, how will I ever attain this emote?

It seems Timed Challenges will now be my only opportunity to earn the emote, but I would imagine I'll continue to receive duplicate emotes (50 credits) from those, rather than the only emote I'm missing.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I hope this has some balance changes in the update as well because man am I sick of the heavy exploding shot.
  • How will this impact the main level progression? Will we still get experience towards that level? Will we get more experience to help with the grind towards the level 50 achievement?
  • trydling wrote: »
    @ZongoleRoco In April you will be able to trade in 40 Parts for 1 Skill Point to a unit of your choice. We recommend that you keep any spare Parts until then, since that trade-in ratio for anything but Common Star Cards is more beneficial than the current crafting cost, if that makes sense. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else!
    /T

In the new progression system, will the amount of skill points change to take a card from common to uncommon than from rare to epic?

For example, will it take 2 skill points to upgrade from common to uncommon and 4 skill points to upgrade from rare to epic? Or will it be a straight 1 skill point to upgrade from any one level to the next?

Another separate question, how will “crates that are awarded through milestones” be affected by already completed milestones? Will people with already 100% completion be awarded with the crates? Will new milestones be added?

Thanks for all of the help!

• If I read the Q&A correctly it sounds like there will be a delay in being able to convert crafting parts to skill points, and the ability to use crafting parts is nullified. Is this correct and why the delay? I have been saving a certain amount of crafting parts in the hopes of quickly leveling up a new character should they finally be incorporated (i.e. Anakin and Obi-Wan). Just want to make sure that this ability to convert is available with the changes and is easy to figure out how to do so. Thanks.
  • AltoJun
    106 posts Member
    @trydling Does this update also brings fixes to bugs and glitches in the game or not?
    @KillerAero13 The cost in Skill Points will be linear, i.e. 1+1+1+1, for a total cost of 4 Skill Points to take one Star Card from not owned to Epic.

Can you expand a bit on your crate question, as I am not 100% sure what you mean. I will try to find an answer.

Thanks!
    /T

@trydling I have everything in the game unlocked except one Darth Vader emote. I have all Milestones completed. With crates becoming a thing of the past, how will I ever attain this emote?

It seems Timed Challenges will now be my only opportunity to earn the emote, but I would imagine I'll continue to receive duplicate emotes (50 credits) from those, rather than the only emote I'm missing.

Also, how will Hero Level be calculated? I already have several Heroes at Level 36. Will they automatically be converted to Level 40?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member
    @KillerAero13 The cost in Skill Points will be linear, i.e. 1+1+1+1, for a total cost of 4 Skill Points to take one Star Card from not owned to Epic.

Can you expand a bit on your crate question, as I am not 100% sure what you mean. I will try to find an answer.

Thanks!
    /T

Do we choose what classes we convert out Crafting Points to Skill Points for?

For instance, if I have 1000 crafting parts, can I choose to allocate 250 to be converted in SP for each trooper class? Hopefully that makes sense, lol
  • Will you be including BattleEye to combat cheaters?
    /T

HO. LEE. CRUD THAT'S AWESOME.
  • grimmace2
    1264 posts Member
    I'm going to echo @GoodLuckTurret

I have to duplicates not receiving credits bug as well. I have not received a backlog yet, as previously promised, nor have I seen the bug eliminated, as previously promised. I think the new progression system is a good and appropriate, I appreciate the hard work the dev team put in. My concern is that the backlog of credits (if ever awarded) will now only be usable for skins, and I'm not big on cosmetics. I would like to be able to use the credits I've already earned (just not awarded properly due to an ongoing bug) to actually progress my character, as they were originally intended. As I explained in the almost 1K bug report section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Duplicates-Still-DONT-give-back-CREDITS/m-p/6484674#M2075

I feel it is ironic that the new Progression System update will eliminate my ability to employ previously earned progression and that I'm feeling frustrated and cheated without the sense of pride and accomplishment previously suggested.
  • Wow! Thank you guys but what about the Campaign? I mean, this is a messy the campaign and starts to be cool in the end... And the update is gonna be in what time? I live in Brazil so i calculate the Brasília actual time with the UTC
  • Revan1 wrote: »

Thanks!
    /T

Do we choose what classes we convert out Crafting Points to Skill Points for?

For instance, if I have 1000 crafting parts, can I choose to allocate 250 to be converted in SP for each trooper class? Hopefully that makes sense, lol

Oooh good question.
  • @lerodemmy your new Unit Level will be your current Card Level +1. So a Hero of current Card Level 36 will become Unit Level 37 in the update. Unit Level 37 represents the level that you would have needed to attain to gain the number of Skill Points needed to own your current collection of Star Cards for that unit.

Cheers!
    /T
    Base Command Designer
    Battlefront Weapon Designer
    Battlefront II Core Gameplay Designer
  • I am giddy with the possibilities. So basically if I've accrued 480 crafting parts to upgrade one card from Rare to Epic, if I wait until April I can convert that to Skill Points and upgrade TWELVE RARE CARDS TO EPIC.

DANG.
    @lerodemmy your new Unit Level will be your current Card Level +1. So a Hero of current Card Level 36 will become Unit Level 37 in the update. Unit Level 37 represents the level that you would have needed to attain to gain the number of Skill Points needed to own your current collection of Star Cards for that unit.

Cheers!
    /T

@trydling Thank you! Though I'm still a bit confused. The FAQ said the new max Hero Level will be 40 (it is currently 36). So how do I get a Hero from 37 to 40 if all cards are already Epic?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Damn I only have 95 crafting parts.

Thanks!
    /T

Sure! Regarding my crates question: it sounds like all rewards for milestones will be changed from credits, crafting parts, and crystals to cosmetic crates. I guess my question boils down to
    1. Will more milestones be added since some players have already completed all or most of them?
    2. Will milestones start rewarding cosmetic crates with this update in March, or the Appearances update in April?
    3. Would you say it’s more advantageous to hold off on completing milestones until the rewards are cosmetic crates? Or will we be retroactively rewarded cosmetic crates for already completed milestones?

Again thank you so much for being open and responsive. This new update looks amazing.
  • Chabin
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Bonjour ,
    2 mois d'attente pour une maj sur le système de progression...? J'adore le jeu mais je pense que les joueurs demandent plus de contenu , des héros des pré quelles , comme Mace Windu , Qui gon , Anakin , Obi-Wan. A croire qu'on nous écoute pas mais bon , faudra pas s'étonner si les serveurs seront vide après.
  • AltoJun
    106 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @trydling What about the amount of credits earned by match? Will it be different? How exactly do we earn Skill Points?
  • @Stalemate No worries, we will round them up to the nearest dividible by 40 amount (in this case 120 = 3 Skill Points to the unit(s) of your choice.) :)
    /T
    Base Command Designer
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    With the progression system update, will there also be a patch with it?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• BTL-A4_Ace
    736 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This is outstanding news. I'm so excited! Keep up the great work!
    @trydling , I couldn't help but notice you are a weapon designer. What are the odds of getting new weapons for our classes? Also, can I use points to craft guns? Thank you! I also love the game, super fun!

^This, and mods for the base class weapons please. These would be terrific.
    "All wings report in."
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    @Stalemate No worries, we will round them up to the nearest dividible by 40 amount (in this case 120 = 3 Skill Points to the unit(s) of your choice.) :)
    /T

@trydling

Excellent thankyou!
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    With the progression system update, will there also be a patch with it?

I assume it will have to be a patch so hopefully we get some bug fixes/balancing changes too.
  • Please answer us about whether or not their will be a patch in the update for bugs, specifically the lvl 50 trophy/achievement. Or will a earlier/later patch be made to adress them? Thanks.
  • Thanks for the update! Will next week's patch include a patch with bug fixes?
    @Thunderflare99 You are correct that there is a gap between March 21 and the April feature of trading in 40 Parts for 1 Skill Point. If you have a large number of Parts, it is definitely a good idea to hold on to them until that feature is live. Hope that helps.

Thanks for playing!
    /T

Skill Points are unit-specific, as I understand it, so when we convert Parts into Skill Points in April, will we get to choose which units those Skill Points are allotted to, or will there be an automatic mechanism of some kind for dispersing them?
  • @trydling

Can you clarify these points about the "conversion process"

1. On March 21, we will no longer be able to get crates with credits/crafting parts/star cards? or do the old crates go away in April?
    2. What happens on March 21 we get the new crate system that only gives credits, emotes, & appearances?
    3. What level will each class, character, hero, vehicle need to be in order to get Epic star cards?
    4. How many credits will skins be in April?
  • @BlacksmithDave You will be able to perform the trade-in in a manner that lets you decide for which unit each traded Skill Point goes to.
    /T
    Base Command Designer
This discussion has been closed.