criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fix"Hitboxes"

Seronax
450 posts Member
Hi all!

Long story Short, if u Play SA or GA with ships u might noticed we die pretty often cuz of some"unknown/unseen"reason. Mostly u get DEFEATED by the"air"when u fly closer to the ground or objects. Best Example maybe Unknown Regions: Resurgent Star Destroyer I cant count how many times i died with normal AND hero ships cuz of the Stardestroyer awfully sized Hitbox PLUS Unseeable meteorids.

Basicly everymap where u fly closer to objects u might die cuz of its hitboxes what they badly left in the game.
Ofc many ppl say it" Dont fly closer to things and u not gonna have any problem". Yep true but when 3-4 fighter chasing you, if u are good enough u can get rid of them by doing some nice flying between objects and so on. Sometimes it works awesomely but sometimes i just get destroyed by an unseen WALL.

WHEN can we have a fix to resize the objects Hitboxes? Its drivers me crazy to lose heroships cuz of this!
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• BuddyChryst
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe you're just getting lag, where your ship isn't actually showing where it is. Because I'm rather impressed at how tight I can get around stuff. If I crash it's because it was zoomed in (targeting/left trigger), going slow and turned too fast into something, or just didn't see that spire sticking up or jagged metal jutting out. And not all contacts are insta-death. Some just bounce you a bit. Especially the Falcon, but I had it happen with an A-wing yesterday. Couldn't believe I lived.

I wouldn't mind those spires just breaking off or bouncing me instead of crashing, but it doesn't happen often enough to really need a change.
  • I've noticed this as well. Some maps are better than others. In Theed you can fly a ship right down main street and go through the arches. It's amazing!
  • I've noticed this as well. Some maps are better than others. In Theed you can fly a ship right down main street and go through the arches. It's amazing!

Yes, Theed is a good example! That map doesnt have much problem with that!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Maybe you're just getting lag, where your ship isn't actually showing where it is. Because I'm rather impressed at how tight I can get around stuff. If I crash it's because it was zoomed in (targeting/left trigger), going slow and turned too fast into something, or just didn't see that spire sticking up or jagged metal jutting out. And not all contacts are insta-death. Some just bounce you a bit. Especially the Falcon, but I had it happen with an A-wing yesterday. Couldn't believe I lived.

I wouldn't mind those spires just breaking off or bouncing me instead of crashing, but it doesn't happen often enough to really need a change.

Lag is definitely a factor, but some of the debris/asteroids and parts of stations do have large hitboxes. I like to hug this stuff during EM's but more often than not I explode about 10' away from the object that killed me.

There's also a few spots on the Mos Eisley map where the environment has bad hitboxes (notably near the Junkyard capture point), looks like you have a clear shot but the blaster bolts land on thin air.
  • Spiito
    1505 posts Member
    Meanwhile...
  • BuddyChryst
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    That didn't work...dunno how to embed from onedrive. I give up.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Seronax wrote: »
    I've noticed this as well. Some maps are better than others. In Theed you can fly a ship right down main street and go through the arches. It's amazing!

Yes, Theed is a good example! That map doesnt have much problem with that!
    Yes because it was the first map created [for the alpha].
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    Meanwhile...

Kamino is Fine, usually i having issues at:

Fondor, within the the shield generator tunnel, around the mid gate close to those pipelines.
    Unknown Regions: Resurgent Star Destroyer: Close to the Stardestroyer"side tunnel". Several unseeable objects around the meteorids.

Something like this:
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqSw4i0ZUAOuQi6oDAtzhS9N8eN6HV_jdLGznC0j8cmRgSf6jB

If u try to fly close u will die.

Mos Eisley: Overall if u fly lower u will die randomly.

StarKiller Base, If u fly lower around the entrace of the base U die

Another bugg what i experienced is, sometimes when i get hit by rockets my ship will randomly change direction which is pretty often kills me. Is someone else who experienced this? Flying in a tunnel, get a rocket and your ship in a second instead of going forward, going totally differently?
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg