criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A Real Solution for a Loyalty Bonus

An exclusive skin for each base class. Maybe a shoulder pauldron or a helmet insignia or uniform arm band for officers. Something visible and available only to people who purchased the game, say, before March. Or maybe based on a certain number of hours played. Something no one else can have.

That way it's not "Loyalty-to-Win" or any other kind of nefarious greedy scheme to get further ahead of newbs than we already are.

Frankly I'm going to enjoy cashing in on all those Epic cards while newbs are stuck with commons.

Replies

• That seems reasonable.

Not really sure what I did to you specifically that makes you feel that you have to passive aggressively belittle a previous idea I had posted on a thread. But whatever floats your boat!

Pretty sure it's also against forum rules but I'm sure you're exploiting some loophole or whatever.

Classless.
  • Loyalty is only for lame MMOs that can't keep players otherwise. See Swtor for further reference.
  • That seems reasonable.

Not really sure what I did to you specifically that makes you feel that you have to passive aggressively belittle a previous idea I had posted on a thread. But whatever floats your boat!

Pretty sure it's also against forum rules but I'm sure you're exploiting some loophole or whatever.

Classless.

Passive aggressively belittle? Mkay. I am pretty plainly speaking to a widespread mentality. Many posts have addressed this idea of getting something just for playing a while, but you want to believe it's about you. Sure.
  • SimmerSuper6464
    592 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This is a good idea! Maybe a grand admiral insignia for officers and a special pauldron that is a special Color like green,blue,or orange.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Rivershark56
    2732 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Deleted. Duplicate post.
    Post edited by Rivershark56 on
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Passive aggressively belittle? Mkay. I am pretty plainly speaking to a widespread mentality. Many posts have addressed this idea of getting something just for playing a while, but you want to believe it's about you. Sure.

Really? So must just be a coincidence that your titled thread magically appears within hours of your response to my thread? Let's take a look at your response:

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17
    Ok now that I've caught my breath I think that if they can calculate how many duplicate credits a given user didn't get, then they owe that person something for sure.

But this [email protected] about "Oh I spent credits on heroes that other people get for free."

Seriously man. Get over it. This is a perfect way to get people either back on board or new players in, if all current heroes are unlocked.

You spent your credits. You made that choice. Y'all get over it.

You also had thrown in a "classy" gif too.

Then you adjust the title of your thread by changing the word "universal" with "real". Just coincidence though, right? Look, I don't know you and have no animosity towards your lovely comments on my thread but if you're going to blatantly call me out like that, better believe I'll say something about it.

BTW, I really like your idea, it's just too bad is was done in such a classless way.
  • Blasted devils! I knew it would post twice.
  • Really? So must just be a coincidence that your titled thread magically appears within hours of your response to my thread? Let's take a look at your response:

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17
    Ok now that I've caught my breath I think that if they can calculate how many duplicate credits a given user didn't get, then they owe that person something for sure.

But this [email protected] about "Oh I spent credits on heroes that other people get for free."

Seriously man. Get over it. This is a perfect way to get people either back on board or new players in, if all current heroes are unlocked.

Then you adjust the title of your thread by changing the word "universal" with "real". Just coincidence though, right? Look, I don't know you and have no animosity towards your lovely comments on my thread but if you're going to blatantly call me out like that, better believe I'll say something about it.

BTW, I really like your idea, it's just too bad is was done in such a classless way.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say.

Whether I changed a word from "your" title or not, whether I used the word "solution" or not, there is no copyright infringement on forum post titles. That's number 1.

If I post a comment challenging your post, then shortly thereafter make my own post, it is because your post reminded me that yours is a common refrain I wanted to address. It is neither coincidence (which I didn't say it was), nor is it passive-aggressive. I suppose I could go back and quote my own comments on other people's posts about the same issue, but that would be silly. That's number 2.

Again, it's not about you, specifically. Was yours the impetus for my post? Perhaps, but you're not the only one I'm addressing. You took my posts personally, and yet you say I'm the victim?

Sorry my gif wasn't classy.

76947c53bf28a55fd27878cd7e8dedb2.gif
  • I agree. Would be nice to have that.

However, we didn't get a Veteran Stuff if we played BF1 from 2015, so I don't expect it. Would be nice, but not holding my breath.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Really? So must just be a coincidence that your titled thread magically appears within hours of your response to my thread? Let's take a look at your response:

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Whether I changed a word from "your" title or not, whether I used the word "solution" or not, there is no copyright infringement on forum post titles. That's number 1.

If I post a comment challenging your post, then shortly thereafter make my own post, it is because your post reminded me that yours is a common refrain I wanted to address. It is neither coincidence (which I didn't say it was), nor is it passive-aggressive. I suppose I could go back and quote my own comments on other people's posts about the same issue, but that would be silly. That's number 2.

Again, it's not about you, specifically. Was yours the impetus for my post? Perhaps, but you're not the only one I'm addressing. You took my posts personally, and yet you say I'm the victim?

You had no reason to make me an enemy, or maybe you did, I actually don't care. I stand by my responses to your attacking posts.

If you don't understand how you're the instigator here, I would encourage you to revisit these forums after you finish your education. Then, maybe, we can have a civilized conversation.

• That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Really? So must just be a coincidence that your titled thread magically appears within hours of your response to my thread? Let's take a look at your response:

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?
    For the EMPIRE!
  • An exclusive skin for each base class. Maybe a shoulder pauldron or a helmet insignia or uniform arm band for officers. Something visible and available only to people who purchased the game, say, before March. Or maybe based on a certain number of hours played. Something no one else can have.

That way it's not "Loyalty-to-Win" or any other kind of nefarious greedy scheme to get further ahead of newbs than we already are.

Frankly I'm going to enjoy cashing in on all those Epic cards while newbs are stuck with commons.

Love the idea, I would just like it to be subtle though and not an entire skin, otherwise people will complain like “but I wanna play as a Shadow Trooper!!! Just because I bought the game later doesn’t mean I should miss out!!!”
    For the EMPIRE!
  • There's a private message function where you can debate against each other. The forums are hardly the place to have a private feud.

I like this idea, even though I don't care much for loyalty bonus in the first place. We already have a huge advantage in being able to cash our crafting parts to skill points, which will give us epic cards at a much faster pace than originally intended. But as long as it's cosmetics, I don't see the harm in it. There's plenty of games that give you cosmetics based on whether you backed the game, or pre-ordered it. So why not in this case too?

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

You had no reason to make me an enemy, or maybe you did, I actually don't care. I stand by my responses to your attacking posts.

If you don't understand how you're the instigator here, I would encourage you to revisit these forums after you finish your education. Then, maybe, we can have a civilized conversation.

Hey, both of you. Chill. Out. Take your problem elsewhere.

I will defend myself. He blew up my thread, copied my title to passive aggressively belittle me, and is trying to defensively turn all of it around on me. It's only fair that I bring it back to his thread. He can't handle it. Not my problem.
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?

Fight fire with fire, I will.
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?

You can’t prove his motives (no one can) and it happens all the time where people find threads then make their own on the same topic or whatever.
    And no, you are childish if you believe in the “fight fire with fire” mentality. Grow up and move on
    For the EMPIRE!
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?

You can’t prove his motives (no one can) and it happens all the time where people find threads then make their own on the same topic or whatever.
    And no, you are childish if you believe in the “fight fire with fire” mentality. Grow up and move on

You obviously have not read everything that's going on, or you do not understand what passive aggressive is, or you are friendly with the OP.

Here are the facts. I posted an idea about how I thought the devs could show a little gratitude for loyal players that have been there since day 1. I was interested in what people have to say and hear other players ideas and thoughts. The OP of this thread arrived, trolled my thread with a gif, and then posted non-constructive feedback. The OP then used almost the exact same title as mine switching "universal" with "real", which is a very passive aggressive way of calling my thread "fake" or "bogus".

Now, had the OP not trolled my thread first, I would not have to bring this up on his thread. If the OP had put more thought into their title instead of blatantly ripping mine off while belittling me, I would have let it go. There are many things the OP could have done differently that wouldn't have been so rude to me.

So, I responded "childishly" by calling him out for trolling and disrespecting me. The mature thing I suppose is to report him to the moderators? I feel that is a little over the top, don't you? I feel like the situation can be handled in a civilized way.

What I do find interesting is how many come to support him against me, but visit my thread and he blatantly trolled me with no one saying anything.

All the OP had to do was disagree and bring up his idea. You know, a civilized debate. I really like his idea, but unfortunately we can't come to an understanding because OP refuses to admit fault here.

I'm not targeting him either. You won't find me blowing up any of his other threads. I have respect for other people's opinions (except the nerfherders, I am very irked by them). I wish OP all the best on the Battlefront and hope he has a long and prosperous experience with the game. I just don't take kindly to how OP has handled this particular subject matter and it absolutely seems to be personal.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Yeah, it should be just a little thing, maybe a medal strap thing or a pauldron or ribbon or something. I agree it shouldn't be a big thing, probably not even anything too noticable unless you're up close, fairly still.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Okay okay folks lets relax here... do we got to set up some couples counseling here or something. Look I'm sure OP didn't mean anything nefarious by his post nor do I think it was directed at anyone in particular. I think hes just putting forth an idea he finds more realistic and a counter to everyone posting how they want a bunch of credits for having been here from the beginning. Honestly I like both, I wouldn't mind some credits that way I can get some skins but an exclusive skin would be cool and I think a bit more realistic to EA/DICE. They want to make money of the new cosmetics so I don't think they really want to give away a bunch of credits for free, I'd like it but I have my doubts. I like both and I would be happy with either. I saw your post before as well and I really don't think it's personal, just an idea he thinks is more plausible.
  • We can both stand by our statements, then. It's quite obvious which of us is taking things personally just based on word count. Peace.
  • This is a good idea! Maybe a grand admiral insignia for officers and a special pauldron that is a special Color like green,blue,or orange.

Yes exactly :smile: I really like that Grand Admiral idea, maybe the white dress uniform ala Krennic? Or at least adding the rank emblems on the jacket breast.
    I agree. Would be nice to have that.

However, we didn't get a Veteran Stuff if we played BF1 from 2015, so I don't expect it. Would be nice, but not holding my breath.
    I like this idea, even though I don't care much for loyalty bonus in the first place. We already have a huge advantage in being able to cash our crafting parts to skill points, which will give us epic cards at a much faster pace than originally intended. But as long as it's cosmetics, I don't see the harm in it. There's plenty of games that give you cosmetics based on whether you backed the game, or pre-ordered it. So why not in this case too?

I'm not expecting anything either, but this would be the only thing that I would think is appropriate. A cosmetic award only. Not any kind of hero refund or other stuff people have been asking for.
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?

You obviously have not read everything that's going on, or you do not understand what passive aggressive is, or you are friendly with the OP.

Here are the facts. I posted an idea about how I thought the devs could show a little gratitude for loyal players that have been there since day 1. I was interested in what people have to say and hear other players ideas and thoughts. The OP of this thread arrived, trolled my thread with a gif, and then posted non-constructive feedback. The OP then used almost the exact same title as mine switching "universal" with "real", which is a very passive aggressive way of calling my thread "fake" or "bogus".

Now, had the OP not trolled my thread first, I would not have to bring this up on his thread. If the OP had put more thought into their title instead of blatantly ripping mine off while belittling me, I would have let it go. There are many things the OP could have done differently that wouldn't have been so rude to me.

So, I responded "childishly" by calling him out for trolling and disrespecting me. The mature thing I suppose is to report him to the moderators? I feel that is a little over the top, don't you? I feel like the situation can be handled in a civilized way.

What I do find interesting is how many come to support him against me, but visit my thread and he blatantly trolled me with no one saying anything.

All the OP had to do was disagree and bring up his idea. You know, a civilized debate. I really like his idea, but unfortunately we can't come to an understanding because OP refuses to admit fault here.

I'm not targeting him either. You won't find me blowing up any of his other threads. I have respect for other people's opinions (except the nerfherders, I am very irked by them). I wish OP all the best on the Battlefront and hope he has a long and prosperous experience with the game. I just don't take kindly to how OP has handled this particular subject matter and it absolutely seems to be personal.

The “grown up” thing to have done was ignore it
    For the EMPIRE!
  • That seems reasonable.

Classless.

Indiana_JimIndiana_Jim
    March 17

Childish much?

The “grown up” thing to have done was ignore it

Pretty soon you are going to have to listen to your own advice. Because I had let it go but someone just keeps poking. OP and I seem to have come to an agreement to disagree. Can we just call it the same or more poking? Your call, chief.
  • How about all of the Pre release purchasers get a Big Red 1 emblem worn either on the shoulder or chest.

• What the hell is this? This petty bickering is pointless. I would like a free skin for playing since the BETA. Do I think it will happen? **** no
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What the **** is this? This petty bickering is pointless. I would like a free skin for playing since the BETA. Do I think it will happen? **** no

Yea, Beta and Pre Order. My loyalty bonus was killing people with the CR2 when they didnt have it unlocked and they complained until nerf. Theyve never done anything for us die hards before, why now?
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • yall should settle it in a street like men, and then record it and then post it
    "...let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."
    source.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    What the **** is this? This petty bickering is pointless. I would like a free skin for playing since the BETA. Do I think it will happen? **** no

Yea, Beta and Pre Order. My loyalty bonus was killing people with the CR2 when they didnt have it unlocked and they complained until nerf. Theyve never done anything for us die hards before, why now?

Haha my loyalty bonus was enjoying the sheer destructive power of Specialist infiltration before it got nerfed to oblivion... ahh good times... seriously though they over nerfed it and I miss it :(
  • Before March?

Yeah, I think if you haven't bought this game by now you aren't going to.
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • cosworth99 wrote: »
    Before March?

Yeah, I think if you haven't bought this game by now you aren't going to.

the new system will punish new folks. The only way around it is starter kits.

Sell a $20 game and $10 starter kits.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • yall should settle it in a street like men, and then record it and then post it

It would probably be pretty boring, us sitting at Starbucks, arguing about Battlefront 2, moving on to other more important topics.

It would probably be pretty boring, us sitting at Starbucks, arguing about Battlefront 2, moving on to other more important topics.

Again, I disagree. Nothing more important than BF2. ;)
  • Again, I disagree. Nothing more important than BF2. ;)

Dang it. I am forced to agree with that point!