criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Chewbacca] Still Way Too OP vs Other Heroes

I continue to find my face melted in five seconds by a Chewie with his shock grenade and furious bowcaster. Against Vader with Epic Health card? Come on, man.

Replies

• Fabiojr
    84 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    its not just chewie, but other heros like Iden, Lando, who can 1v1 anyone in a stun. gets worse when the lesser hero CCs work with teams. ie palpatine, rey, han, so on.

its the CC's in the game that are to long, to controlling. Way to many abilities that make you put down a controller/keyboard because you lost control of your avatar, got melted, and respawned.

I felt like the old dodge style was more effective in dealing with this, and the new style makes smaller mistakes huge. they really made it so you have to be extremely situationally aware at all times, to be sucessful

• YES the stun thing has been terrible! I think heroes should only be stunned momentarily, because Chewbacca can stun Vader and take him out with three shots from Furious Bowcaster, and the Vader player has no defense, other than to hope to God he doesn't get caught in Chewie's stun grenade.
  • HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Disagree. Chewy is fine and only a killer at close range where he deserves a kill
  • I have to disagree with you on this one I think chewy is fine in particular Lando and Iden stuns are a bit op however you need these stuns as there is little counter play otherwise to bring spam clicked by a Saber hero or villian.
  • Yeah Chewie's probably great if you like playing as him. Just like people complain about Luke needing a buff because they like playing as him. Chewie is most definitely not only a killer at close range, but he's pretty much invincible at close range with that shock grenade. If you have a reasonably competent Chewbacca player you can pretty much be assured he'll top the leaderboard in HvV.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    I have to disagree with you on this one I think chewy is fine in particular Lando and Iden stuns are a bit op however you need these stuns as there is little counter play otherwise to bring spam clicked by a Saber hero or villian.

Idens stun is a complete different level than landos. If villians jump they don't get hit by his stun. Plus his only last so long. Idens is unavoidable and double stuns.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Hers isn't as long as Chewie's.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Hers isn't as long as Chewie's.

Chewies was nerfed. As iden i can literally take a full health hero from max to 0 in seconds. Even an 800 health lando.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Even after patch 2.0 Chewie is till way to OP and ruins almost ever HvV match if a decent player uses him. Chewie can basically melt any other hero at any time with any amount of health and you can’t stop Chewie form doing that. He needs a bigger nerf and the best way I think to fix the OPness if all Wookiee is to take away the explosive damage of their bullets
  • He’s strong on heroes vs villains but bad on galactic assault so I guess it’s balances out.
  • Chewie is terribly designed hero imo, must have for light side in HvV - completly useless in GA.

He should get some kind of rework or something, hard to say.
  • Chewie’s mobility sucks in GA, too many opponents, but in HvV he’s STILL RIDICULOUSLY OP. Just finished a match where he chases me down as Boba Fett. Frickin’ BOBA FETT WHO CAN FLY, and Chewie can take you down from across the map! Meanwhile Boba Fett’s gun is still hot garbage!
  • Every hero can beat any other hero under the right circumstances, you just have to position yourself well on the battlefront. Does Chewie have more strengths and advantages compared to the overall roster? Yes. But he also has his weaknesses. Say you are playing with Vader against Chewie. Don't straight up walk to him cuz you already know the result - shock and blaster bolts to the face. Bait him to use his shock grenade while on the ground dodging behind cover. Or if you have quick reflexes - jump when he throws it - the shock won't affect you if you are still ascending. Then you know the optimal combo - choke, saber throw, slice him to confetti. Say you are with Boba. Use disabler rocket to make him temporarily stop firing his crossbow. Try circling in the air while shooting him and fly at such a distance that when he knocks you down you'll land behind cover. You just have to be creative.
  • PLEASE DO NOT NERF CHEWY!

CHEWY ON THE LIGHT SIDE IS THE ONLY CHANCE THAT THE LIGHT SIDE HAS TO STOP THE DARKSIDE WHEN THE DARKSIDE IS ALL SITH LORDS.

especially with vaders constant evade and block tactic with his high health, kylo's super long freeze, kylo's super far reaching pull ability, mauls far reaching choke ability and fast movement, All Iden's upgraded abilities, etc.

Until Han and Leia get a buff of some kind, the light side is already at a big disadvantage. Don't make playing the lightside an automatic team quitting exercise by nerfing chewy.
  • No instead it's a darkside automatic team quitting exercise because Chewbacca can take out all four at a time.
  • although chewie can be annoying...

light side cannot afford any more nerfs at the moment

and lando has up to 750hp for whoever said 800 ;-) unless something has changed
  • I keep saying this but the best thing to do is remove the dumb Target feature. Make it a straight up Blast for a set amount of time, so you won't always have the pack-hunting mentality.
  • DontForceIt
    50 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I have to disagree with you on this one I think chewy is fine in particular Lando and Iden stuns are a bit op however you need these stuns as there is little counter play otherwise to bring spam clicked by a Saber hero or villian.
    Agreed.
    Iden and lando are require the most skill to use they need the stun. Iden has Damn near no health and lando had a weak gun and freaking smoke as a power. Stuns are the only thing that keep those units alive.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    wwkingms wrote: »
    although chewie can be annoying...

Its 800.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• wwkingms wrote: »

Its 800.

are you sure/!?!?!?!??!

i always though it was 600, plus the 150... ahh well

am i interrupting something?
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member

Its 800.

are you sure/!?!?!?!??!

i always though it was 600, plus the 150... ahh well

am i interrupting something?

Nope, 650 plus 150, i was surprised at first as well. Doesnt do any good in ga though.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif