criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rolling by double pressing the sticks

Anyone else do this? I've had it this way since bf2015, and it makes more sense having it there than melee which I use much less

From what I can gather though it seems most people use circle or the equivalent.

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I use default setup
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I use default setup

Having to take your thumb off the stick seems like a hindrance to me. Seems more fluid when dodging as a lightsaber hero too.

Idk why nobody else seems to do this
  • d0kRX
    1301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I use default setup

Having to take your thumb off the stick seems like a hindrance to me. Seems more fluid when dodging as a lightsaber hero too.

I've been doing it on the new game with the stick, makes it much easier to continue tracking the enemy while rolling. I still play the first game and I tried it there but double pressing the joy stick is a pain for me.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • in the beta I switched to stick

never went back

You can roll , and look at the same time and leave your thumb on the stick.

makes sense
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Do you have to double press in this game? If not, I might give it a go...
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • NERFTHEOP
    689 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Do you have to double press in this game? If not, I might give it a go...

yes it's a quick double click

it's really easy

the analog click is really fast , the travel distance to press it in is much much shorter than the button , so you'll get used to it in time

You can roll and look backwards ,kind of like a 180
  • I use default but I have paddles on controller that has a roll bound to it
  • Hrafn_Fel wrote: »
    I use default but I have paddles on controller that has a roll bound to it

how are those paddle controllers is it comfortable to use the paddles ?

was there a learning curve
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I use default setup

I've been doing it on the new game with the stick, makes it much easier to continue tracking the enemy while rolling. I still play the first game and I tried it there but double pressing the joy stick is a pain for me.
    NERFTHEOP wrote: »
    in the beta I switched to stick

never went back

You can roll , and look at the same time and leave your thumb on the stick.

makes sense

Yeah that's it, its really effective. Considering how imperative rolling is in this game I see no reason to use another setup.
  • Hrafn_Fel
    778 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hrafn_Fel wrote: »

Very big learning curve lol. But wasn't that hard to learn to hit paddles. What was hard was learning to not have a death grip on controller LOL. I got it for playing TF2 and it changed the game big time. Now I went the cheap route and got the strike pack pro $40 from gamestop. I wasn't sure how good the paddles would be so didn't want to spend 200+ on a scuff. Downside to the stroke pack is that the pack has to be hooked up with a cord. The part that connects to the pack is very very very delicate so you must be very careful to not bend the end. But the scuff also has downsides also and is a lot more.

Comfort is fine the strike pack paddles curve with the controller. The scuff has them a little higher up and might be easiest to use with 2 fingers on r1/r2/l1/l2.
  • JAREDUP
    1418 posts Member
    If I'm not maul, I use my index finger to hit the roll button (B for xbone)
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Hrafn_Fel wrote: »

Very big learning curve lol. But wasn't that hard to learn to hit paddles. What was hard was learning to not have a death grip on controller LOL. I got it for playing TF2 and it changed the game big time. Now I went the cheap route and got the strike pack pro $40 from gamestop. I wasn't sure how good the paddles would be so didn't want to spend 200+ on a scuff. Downside to the stroke pack is that the pack has to be hooked up with a cord. The part that connects to the pack is very very very delicate so you must be very careful to not bend the end. But the scuff also has downsides also and is a lot more.

Comfort is fine the strike pack paddles curve with the controller. The scuff has them a little higher up and might be easiest to use with 2 fingers on r1/r2/l1/l2.

oh kool

modded zone has $95 controller with two paddles on the back I might pick one of those up

They make their own paddles on stock controllers , you can remap any button
  • NERFTHEOP wrote: »

oh kool

modded zone has $95 controller with two paddles on the back I might pick one of those up

They make their own paddles on stock controllers , you can remap any button

Yeah the strike pack you can change buttons at any time. Even in the middle of a game not sure how scuff works. But scuff you can make a lot more modifications to stuff. I will have to check out modded zone and see. I love the extra buttons for everything. I play lots of mmos and different shooters it has been useful for them all. I've even used the ps4 controller and strike pack for pc games.