criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Timer Was Good Enough for OG Battlefront II

Remember the little lightsaber symbol that slowly ticked down, but would tick back up when you killed an enemy?

Why is this not good enough for today's Battlefront 2? It rewards good players with more time, it discourages camping, and if you give a good objective bonus to Hero players, it encourages playing the objective! Plus it has all that nostalgia for the old Battlefront games. I say it's a win-win idea.

Replies

• Did you play Battlefront 2015's open beta? It really didn't work well there. Not sure if it would work well here either
  • Why not just go back to bf1 if you can't adapt like the rest of us? Terrible idea. I LITERALLY made the decision to buy this one based on them not havin a timer. Can't stand timers in games..
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Did you play Battlefront 2015's open beta? It really didn't work well there. Not sure if it would work well here either

I did. That timer did not refresh with kills.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Did you play Battlefront 2015's open beta? It really didn't work well there. Not sure if it would work well here either

I did. That timer did not refresh with kills.

Oh it did refresh with kills but it was literally one or two second so it didn't make a difference and the heroes took damage so easily back then, just like they do now. And it was hard to find people since there it's only 20v20
  • HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Remember the little lightsaber symbol that slowly ticked down, but would tick back up when you killed an enemy?

Why is this not good enough for today's Battlefront 2? It rewards good players with more time, it discourages camping, and if you give a good objective bonus to Hero players, it encourages playing the objective! Plus it has all that nostalgia for the old Battlefront games. I say it's a win-win idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But wasn't that timer only in the beta and not final game for bf1 ? Which would mean it was a bad idea then why would it be good now ? This post screams new player
  • Yeah no thanks, I don't need a timer ruining my fun.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Timers would make playing as a support hero pointless
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • HvV_pro wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But wasn't that timer only in the beta and not final game for bf1 ? Which would mean it was a bad idea then why would it be good now ? This post screams new player

Perhaps we dispense with the assumptions? I have all four base classes over 40, 14/16 heroes at 20+, 91% of milestones completed, I think I’ve been around a bit.

My reference was to Battlefront 2 of 2005 from LucasArts/Pandemic. The timer definitely sucked in the last Battlefront.

I don’t know why this is a hard concept. Every time it comes up people refuse to really think about this. A timer that refreshes with kills doesn’t have to be just like the other one and run out. If you can contribute to the objectives and keep supporting the team you can keep that killstreak going to the end of the match. Something that allows the best players to keep their heroes and discourages camping at the same time? Totally fair.