criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Allow For Overflow Tickets

For instance you have 51 tickets, then cap objective and it goes up to 101 tickets instead of 100. Allow those tickets really matter. Like how in Operations for Battlefield 1. Also add tickets for defenders killed that failed to fall back.

Replies

  • That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".
  • EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    ya because i found sometimes people will stay behind and it has it's pros and cons of staying behind. You stay behind to help your team remaining team fail back and get the the next objectives and slow the advance of the offensive team. but in doing that you risk the offense getting an extra ticket. So the risk-to-reward balances out.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector

    It works so much better
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector

    It works so much better

    would give offense a better chance on the 4-plot maps like Yavin and Kamino with those few extra tickets. Kamino still is the most unbalanced map. I have only seen the offensive team ever win on that map when they were exploiting the palpy wall kills. that was the only time i ever played and the offensive team won. I wonder if the update added this feature, if not i hope they do in a future update.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector

    It works so much better

    would give offense a better chance on the 4-plot maps like Yavin and Kamino with those few extra tickets. Kamino still is the most unbalanced map. I have only seen the offensive team ever win on that map when they were exploiting the palpy wall kills. that was the only time i ever played and the offensive team won. I wonder if the update added this feature, if not i hope they do in a future update.

    It's easy to win kamino offensive. The team must be aware of constant surging pressure after each phase turn. Not allowing the defense to setup shop in bottlenecks. For instance, last phase if you have competent villains such as palp / bossk / maul you rush through the side least defended, kill everyone and push as fast as possible to get in the objective room and gain control of the stairs. If your team is aware of the surge, they'll follow in both hallways. It's very common to see this in PC.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector

    It works so much better

    would give offense a better chance on the 4-plot maps like Yavin and Kamino with those few extra tickets. Kamino still is the most unbalanced map. I have only seen the offensive team ever win on that map when they were exploiting the palpy wall kills. that was the only time i ever played and the offensive team won. I wonder if the update added this feature, if not i hope they do in a future update.

    It's easy to win kamino offensive. The team must be aware of constant surging pressure after each phase turn. Not allowing the defense to setup shop in bottlenecks. For instance, last phase if you have competent villains such as palp / bossk / maul you rush through the side least defended, kill everyone and push as fast as possible to get in the objective room and gain control of the stairs. If your team is aware of the surge, they'll follow in both hallways. It's very common to see this in PC.
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    EpicTrev wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad idea and I especially like the "add tickets when defenders fail to fall back".

    We would just need to take out the fall back timer.

    make it like BF1 Operation, clear the sector

    It works so much better

    would give offense a better chance on the 4-plot maps like Yavin and Kamino with those few extra tickets. Kamino still is the most unbalanced map. I have only seen the offensive team ever win on that map when they were exploiting the palpy wall kills. that was the only time i ever played and the offensive team won. I wonder if the update added this feature, if not i hope they do in a future update.

    It's easy to win kamino offensive. The team must be aware of constant surging pressure after each phase turn. Not allowing the defense to setup shop in bottlenecks. For instance, last phase if you have competent villains such as palp / bossk / maul you rush through the side least defended, kill everyone and push as fast as possible to get in the objective room and gain control of the stairs. If your team is aware of the surge, they'll follow in both hallways. It's very common to see this in PC.

    Na, it isn't. I have played kamino and other than when they were using palpy's wall hack ability, the offensive team never won on xbox. they always end on phase 2 to 3 and very few times get lucky to get to phase 4 to lose
  • Different story on PC. Different speed of play in my opinion. I've watched consolers streams and videos and noticed how much slower consolers play in comparison to PC. That could be because the average age is older on PC and the average FPSer on PC has more experience. Or it could very well be that controller play is in fact slower than mouse / keyboard.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    Different story on PC. Different speed of play in my opinion. I've watched consolers streams and videos and noticed how much slower consolers play in comparison to PC. That could be because the average age is older on PC and the average FPSer on PC has more experience. Or it could very well be that controller play is in fact slower than mouse / keyboard.

    na thats a generalization without facts behind it for the age. the fact is, either way, Kamino needs to be balanced accross platforms. if its only happening on one map then it is map specific issue. i can play every other map with a fair fight, they at least fixed the LAAT on Kamino that will help with phase 2 n part of 3 but the narrow area for phase 4 is still problematic. Thats why we need overflow on tickets as phase 4 maps are way harder and you need every ticket you can get. maybe for kamino even make the boxes and everything so that its way harder for Defense to camp behind objects so the offense can steam roll them better.
  • Tickets = kills?
    Sounds like a good idea anyway, I’m in
  • Kamino offense is a tricky part, but entirely doable, to be sure.

    That final phase is somewhat tricky even if the opposition are clowns. We basically synched our heroes in our premade with our 5th player being a recharge officer. He popped his thing, and Maul went first with Dashes, followed by Palps with Aura. When they were sufficiently thrown by that, the rest of the team quickly followed, before the other two would get killed.

    And then the same for the next section leading into the objective room. It was interesting seeing how it all worked out. The Vader tank arrived last, just holding down guard infront of the trooper hordes.

    We should've done it with a Bossk though.. He clears out stuff pretty much instantly these days. Nobody ever picks Bodyguard :D
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Tickets = kills?
    Sounds like a good idea anyway, I’m in

    Glad to hear
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Kamino offense is a tricky part, but entirely doable, to be sure.

    That final phase is somewhat tricky even if the opposition are clowns. We basically synched our heroes in our premade with our 5th player being a recharge officer. He popped his thing, and Maul went first with Dashes, followed by Palps with Aura. When they were sufficiently thrown by that, the rest of the team quickly followed, before the other two would get killed.

    And then the same for the next section leading into the objective room. It was interesting seeing how it all worked out. The Vader tank arrived last, just holding down guard infront of the trooper hordes.

    We should've done it with a Bossk though.. He clears out stuff pretty much instantly these days. Nobody ever picks Bodyguard :D

    would be great n all if they would make it so we could actually communicate on xbox/ps

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!