criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

4th Stard Card

Seronax
548 posts Member
Hi all,

Just wondering i am the only one who wanna have access for a 4th card option? Right now we can use only 3 Cards / unit /hero / ship etc. With the New progression system it might change a bit in variations of the cards but overall i always felt i wanna have a 4th"Trait"Card.

If we are talking about a Starfighters there are plenty interesting options to choose from but usually everyone use the same"most powerfull"cards.

For example With the Millenium Falcon i personaly use these : https://i.imgur.com/NJfKRzr.jpg

I think overall these are the best cards for Han's Falcon to survive, having good burst DMG against enemy hero ships+obj but i would love to use, faster HP regen, speed, engine upgrade, better weapon dmg but these cards are so minor and weak compare to those 3 cards what i use, not worth it.

BUT if we could have a 4th"Trait"card i could do lot more variations with my card setups, like adding speed boost, hp regen, Weapon dmg etc etc.

What do u think? Do we need one more card option or not?
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• You're not alone. There's also another couple threads asking for the same thing. Personally, I agree. Maybe, un order to unlock it, you need to be at a certain level.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Seronax
    548 posts Member
    You're not alone. There's also another couple threads asking for the same thing. Personally, I agree. Maybe, un order to unlock it, you need to be at a certain level.

yeah from lvl 30 or something a Trait Card or 4th card would give a lot more to this game for sure!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• LycanthropeBlanc
    127 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I don’t agree with you and I will explain why.
    I think 3 star cards is ok because you have to choose between good abilities but you cannot have all, so you have to make choice : be defensive, offensive or between, but not both. It avoids to be OP. I think it is ok cus people don’t have the same star cards and they have to choose regarding their own gameplay. You can develop only a limited part of your abilities so you have to be wise. Allowing to have 4 star cards will break this and finally ask the question : why not apply all the star cards you grind to the hero/vehicule/trooper ? Don’t focus just on you, if it is allowed for you, it will be for all, so it will bring unbalance. Your player could be better in theory, but with other players in the same case it could not be, pratically. Definitely, restrict the star card is better for the overall gameplay, you cannot have all the powers and it’s good. Further more, think about those who have few star cards...
  • Seronax
    548 posts Member
    I don’t agree with you and I will explain why.
    I think 3 star cards is ok because you have to choose between good abilities but you cannot have all, so you have to make choice : be defensive, offensive or between, but not both. It avoids to be OP. I think it is ok cus people don’t have the same star cards and they have to choose regarding their own gameplay. You can develop only a limited part of your abilities so you have to be wise. Allowing to have 4 star cards will break this and finally ask the question : why not apply all the star cards you grind to the hero/vehicule/trooper ? Don’t focus just on you, if it is allowed for you, it will be for all, so it will bring unbalance. Your player could be better in theory, but with other players in the same case it could not be, pratically. Definitely, restrict the star card is better for the overall gameplay, you cannot have all the powers and it’s good. Further more, think about those who have few star cards...

Well if u allow all type of cards than Yes it would be OP. But let me explain a balanced version:
    Just like every class we have 2 card sections

1 Boost Cards
    Slightly increase on basic things.

2 Ability Cards
    Boost/Add or completly change your ability/ies

If u can select one Boost card as a trait/4th card for example like"Brawler"or"Defender"it doesnt make u a god, but still it add a little to your gameplay. Its not that type of card which is super OP just a minor thing.

Trait shouldnt boost your abilites, just minor stuff, Run slightly faster, having a bit faster hp regen etc.
    In this case i really dont find it unfair or unbalanced.

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »
    You're not alone. There's also another couple threads asking for the same thing. Personally, I agree. Maybe, un order to unlock it, you need to be at a certain level.

yeah from lvl 30 or something a Trait Card or 4th card would give a lot more to this game for sure!

Maybe they should lock the 4th slot with only buff cards. Bit isn't the 4th slot only used for ion rockets or any ground gadget??? Besides using a star fighter.