criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Firgued out why the rank 50 achievement/trophy isn't working

JAREDUP
1352 posts Member
edited March 2018
When I just finally reached rank 50, sadly I didn't get the achievement but I did notice that the achievement was stuck at 98% complete, so apparently some other force is stopping it because apparently reaching level 50 is not 100%, so DICE please note this, apparently there is an invisible requirement for 2%, to get the achievement so please get rid of that random 2%, whatever it is
For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

Replies

• JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Sledgehammer70 @XXXO77O4906 @T0TALfps anyone, I think I at least found the origin of the problem
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • I'm on Xbox and have been Rank 25 for week. Still not got the achievement though.
  • DXlolman
    544 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Or that the point that you only gained 49 levels when in reality 100% is 50 levels. We should of started at level 0.
    Did we start with 2% done once we started the game?
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Zenosa
    176 posts Member
    I had the platinum trophy: 12/15/2017
    It worked perfectly before...
  • I think the last 2% is a load of XP, which is why some people have it, someone last got it last Wednesday.

It might be a really high amount of XP which is why only a few people have played enough to get it.
  • kevlegs1971
    1059 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    delete
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Zenosa wrote: »

Yeah it was 1.2 that broke it, for most people.
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    DXlolman wrote: »
    Or that the point that you only gained 49 levels when in reality 100% is 50 levels. We should of started at level 0.
    Did we start with 2% done once we started the game?
    OGPOTUS wrote: »
    One of the more recent patches bumped everyone down a level when accounting for the trophies, so level 1 was counting as level 0 instead, likely because everyone starts at level 1 with 0 exp. So level 25 is counted as 24, and 50 is counted as 49. Everyone that noticed not getting the 25 trophy got it at 26.

So there's two solutions that are incredibly simple. Either go back to the change value and bump them all up one level, or just increase the level cap to 100, or 51 at the very least. The reasoning for why something hasn't been done so far is way beyond me. I don't know a lot about programming, but it legitimately seems like they could change a single number in the code to make it work again.

It's also a bit disappointing that they haven't bumped the level cap up by now, seeing how so many people have expressed their feelings about progression stagnating once they no longer got the level up bonus.

Either way, no clue what's holding them back from fixing it. Lots of people are pretty frustrated over an issue that seems would take a potion of an afternoon to tweak, and yet we go weeks/months with no resolution.

Those are good explanations, makes a lot of sense actually, just rasing level cap to 51 world easily fix the problem with little effort
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I think the last 2% is a load of XP, which is why some people have it, someone last got it last Wednesday.

It might be a really high amount of XP which is why only a few people have played enough to get it.

If that's so then I guess someone put in too many zeros, I guess I'll grind to test this theory
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • TritonPlz
    89 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Every time it takes me to end screen it says 7,XXX,XXX to next level. Not sure if that’s the 2% and someone put too many 0’s in there, or some placeholder of sorts

I’ll keep playing, so maybe it will happen. But editing the code or raising the cap would be ideal.
  • Come on we've had 2 updates already fix this you fools.
  • Come on we've had 2 updates already fix this you fools.

Fingers crossed for April.

It is 100% possible to still earn this trophy, two more people got it on Saturday.

Keep playing people.
  • Eeagh
    6 posts Member
    Still broke.
  • guys I'm on Player Rank 50 (max) and Also on Level 51 with Assault class but still didn't get my trophy. What's the catch?
  • MaulMeister
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Same here. I’ve been stuck at 98% for somewhere around 5 months or so.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Simple fix, Add Level 51
  • seltau wrote: »
    guys I'm on Player Rank 50 (max) and Also on Level 51 with Assault class but still didn't get my trophy. What's the catch?

Different ranking, you player max level 50 is your overall achievement as it pertains to the game as a whole. Thats the achievement we are all talking about , on xbox it adds to your gamer score.
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    Simple fix, Add Level 51

Agreed
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
    Simple fix, Add Level 51

Works for me. :* Another game that I used to play had this exact problem and they fixed it that way. I can’t member what it was though.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    They should increase it to 60/70 anyway.
  • Trumpkin_King
    199 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I want my achievement before anything.

[Removed certain words]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Zenosa wrote: »

I, also, had NO PROBLEM unlocking trophies... but, had unlocked ALL OF THEM by 07-DEC-2017. My last milestone, however, was completed in January 2018. I was stuck at 99% completion, until I contacted support (repeatedly) requesting a fix; messaging a developer who posts to the forums, directly.

So, the company doesn't REALLY care, but some of its employees do.

If we shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch, why should we let a few good apples freshen it?

Simpler fix, unlock the trophy at the rank displayed, despite the mathematical error... AND STOP CHANGING THE GAME WITH DISREGARD FOR MATHEMATICAL (OR ANY OTHER) SENSE.

500 credits for DEFEATING 30 HEROES WITH A SPECIAL UNIT.

1,000 credits for emoting 10 times in 24 hours (first daily challenge after loot boxes abolished).

Clearly, emoting 10 times in 24 hours is, AT LEAST, twice as hard as defeating 30 heroes with a special unit.

Has that not been your experience, too? smh
  • F8RGE said it's on their Radar.

Simpler fix, unlock the trophy at the rank displayed, despite the mathematical error... AND STOP CHANGING THE GAME WITH DISREGARD FOR MATHEMATICAL (OR ANY OTHER) SENSE.

1,000 credits for emoting 10 times in 24 hours (first daily challenge after loot boxes abolished).

Clearly, emoting 10 times in 24 hours is, AT LEAST, twice as hard as defeating 30 heroes with a special unit.

I like what you're getting at.
  • ggib65
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    On Answers_HQ some people have said since the server maintenance the Rank 50 trophy has popped for those that are now reaching R50. Not sure if all platforms are getting it as a post yesterday said he did not get it on Xbox. The FIX? did not correct prior non-recipients so EA still has to figure this one out.
    I read somewhere that the trigger point was about 7 million rank points so a simple fix may be a patch bringing everyone back a few points below that thus letting everyone play through the trigger again. As we all know once the game showed you had reached max rank no further rank points were given.
    Just an Idea!!
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    F8RGE said it's on their Radar.

lol This game has counted 100 or more kills as 7-9 since day 1 for me. Daily challenges are the worst. I can’t remember a game that was this bad at counting going all the way back to Pong! smh :s
  • u bads shoulda hit 50 in December like me :-)

but srs
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    u bads shoulda hit 50 in December like me :-)

but srs

I hit it B4 that.

or THIS ^^^^ works for me too.....

Ya, I cant imagine why this is so difficult to fix ..... but then again i'm not a programmer
    In MY mind its as simple as pushing a few buttons and BOOM , unlocked.
  • E_ABZU
    197 posts Member

lol This game has counted 100 or more kills as 7-9 since day 1 for me. Daily challenges are the worst. I can’t remember a game that was this bad at counting going all the way back to Pong! smh :s

So I'm not the only one who noticed this. The first ewok hunt, I made 48 kills as a Stormtrooper in order to get the 25 kills reward. When spot 10 ewoks with your flashlight was a daily bonus, I spotted over 20 in just a couple of games yet, it didn't get acknowledged even once. No bonus crate for me....
  • E_ABZU wrote: »

So I'm not the only one who noticed this. The first ewok hunt, I made 48 kills as a Stormtrooper in order to get the 25 kills reward. When spot 10 ewoks with your flashlight was a daily bonus, I spotted over 20 in just a couple of games yet, it didn't get acknowledged even once. No bonus crate for me....

The flashlight challenge was when all of the bugging out started happening that caused the downtime this week. That challenge was glitchy AF
  • MaulMeister
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Simple fix, Add Level 51

or THIS ^^^^ works for me too.....

Ya, I cant imagine why this is so difficult to fix ..... but then again i'm not a programmer
    In MY mind its as simple as pushing a few buttons and BOOM , unlocked.

I wish, but it’s a lot more than that. lol Usually there’s a mistake/typo somewhere in the code and sometimes it can affect other things in ways that were not intended. It can be as simple as 1 character being off or missing. Or code copied and pasted in that accidentally cut another line of code off.

There’s a lot of variables and I haven’t worked on coding and game mods in a long time but you get the basic idea. It’s someone’s (or many people’s) job to go through the code line by line very tediously and try to figure out where that simple mistake is. But honestly, how this can still be broken after all this time is amazing.

Out of all the issues, this one drives me nuts since it affects every aspect of the game when it comes to any challenges kill counts or otherwise. What should take 1-5 matches can take 50 or more. I’m not too worried about the Xbox achievement itself. I mean the actual challenges. Getting 30-45 kills and seeing it count 0-4 kills ruins the point of playing. Other than it being Star Wars.
    Post edited by MaulMeister on
  • ggib65 wrote: »
    On Answers_HQ some people have said since the server maintenance the Rank 50 trophy has popped for those that are now reaching R50. Not sure if all platforms are getting it as a post yesterday said he did not get it on Xbox. The FIX? did not correct prior non-recipients so EA still has to figure this one out.
    I read somewhere that the trigger point was about 7 million rank points so a simple fix may be a patch bringing everyone back a few points below that thus letting everyone play through the trigger again. As we all know once the game showed you had reached max rank no further rank points were given.
    Just an Idea!!

That is an amazing idea! Drop EVERYONE's score just one point. Those not impacted won't even notice (unless you're insanely unlucky and came up one point shy at the end of a given match) or would possibly get extra credits if they reranked up to 50, and those that are can get their achievement!