criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Introducing Ben Walke, our new Star Wars Community Manager

Prev13
ChrisMancilEA
0 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 21
We are very happy to announce that Ben “F8RGE” Walke will become the new Community Lead for Star Wars at Electronic Arts and DICE, replacing our departing friend Mat ‘Sledghammer70’ Everett who is pursuing his dream in cars.

Ben is a massive fan of both Star Wars and fast cars. He has been leading racing communities in gaming for more than 8 years at both Codemasters and Electronic Arts. At EA, Ben was the Global Community Lead for our Need for Speed franchise, including Burnout Paradise and EA Originals. Last year, he was also responsible for overseeing our community teams on FIFA, Mass Effect, NHL, and UFC communities as well.

Ben will be based at DICE Stockholm, working directly with the Star Wars team there, and will oversee other Star Wars HD communities at EA going forward.

If you want to stay in touch, follow Ben on Twitter @BenWalke

May the force be with you,

Chris Mancil
Director, EA Core Community
@ChrisMancil

Replies

• Rook008
    669 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Welcome, Ben, and good luck.
    She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • Welcome aboard the team Ben! Nice to have you here with us, have fun and enjoy your stay!
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Greetings
    Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

b6vzww.jpg
  • Sithmaga wrote: »
    Greetings Exalted Ones
    The dangerous special forces of the Knights of Gareth

• Welcome, Ben! And a warning to brace yourself because the amount of Battlefront players following you on Twitter, is coming!
  • IIPrest0nII
    3183 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited March 22
    Welcome! Nice to see you here ^ ^
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • Welcome, good luck and have fun :)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Welcome! Hope you love it here!
  • Welcome aboard mate :). May the force be with you!
  • May the Force have mercy on you, because this community will not. Good luck and nerves of steel.
  • Welcome @F8RGE ! I saw that you like racing, could I convince you to convince the devs to release some type of racing in Star Wars Battlefront II? That would be amazing! Like they did in SWBF2015.

This game need some different things to spice it up! Also, to be honest, I'd like to compete for another world record in Star Wars "racing" :D

If it interests you, here I finally managed to get the World Record on the Trench Run in SWBF2015:

SWBFII2017 had launched a few minutes earlier, and most of the players went from SWBF2015 to SWBFII2017 that night. But they were there for the Death Star Battlestation mode to at least start, because after they left we didn't have enough players if we wanted to keep the room alive. It was my last chance, and I knew it, so I did my best!
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Flare9
    2 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Good luck.

qx9kl1fvh20b.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Welcome
  • @F8RGE Tell them to bring back podracing! :smiley: Welcome to the most dangerous place on the internet! lol
    #VestedinVesti #InTrydlingWeTrust #DennistheDefinitive #BettingonBen
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Hi! You are having tons of work to do around. ;)
  • Welcome Ben Skywalk... eh... i meen Ben Walke.
  • WodiQuix
    4100 posts Member
    Greetings, Exalted One.
  • OOM19
    2657 posts Member
    replacing our departing friend Mat ‘Sledghammer70’ Everett who is pursuing his dream in cars.

I regret NOTHING

@F8RGE Excuse me, I hate to join the bombardment of questions. But could I please ask you if you know what OOM-9 is?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Welcome Ben.
    Glad to have ya.

B)
  • Welcome Ben. Hope to hear from you often ;)
  • Good luck to you! And a great way to make friends is to leak information about season 2 ;)

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Dig the avatar though

kinda got a pringles guy meets mr. peanut going on

zawVb.gif

• IronSoldier
    2126 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    A welsh guy. I dig it. Welcome sir!
  • 9DarthKron6
    56 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Hi and welcome.

Do you have any news about the insanely huge and yet still increasing amount of bugs this game is affected by?
    Will we really get a fix soon (which for me means less than 2 weeks), as ea help keeps telling us, about those bugs that are making the game unplayable?

A little list containing the most relevant ones:
    • [Galactic Assault] In some maps characters start trembling and getting slower and slower with no reason at all (surely not because of lag):
    • [HvV] Lightsabers sometimes not triggering (only the hilt is visible and you cannot attack).
    • [HvV] Lightsaber block often not working (not triggering at all).
    • [HvV] Broken blaster heroes' speed.
    • [HvV] Abilities greyed out and thereforeunusable.
    • [HvV] Broken spawn-points that make you spawn in the middle of a fight.
    • [HvV] Broken spawn: spawning characters are sometimes totally invisible and cannot move.
    Deeply disappointed by this game and the way it is being handled.
    My hopes in this game after April's announcement: LOST.
  • jonci
    549 posts Member
    Welcome Ben to the mad house (not that were insane) its just everyone is mad about the bugs.
    I don't envy you your position (unless its well paid, if so gis a job).
    Work on the following principles.
    • Your stuffed if you do;
    • Your stuffed if you don't;
    • Your always in the s*** its just the depth that varies.
    • Your only as good as your last s**** up.

Have fun.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • Ben is a Solo not a (Sky)Walke(r)...welcome to the show.
  • Ben swolo?

Welcome, mate! :)
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1198 posts Member
    edited March 23
    OOM19 wrote: »
    replacing our departing friend Mat ‘Sledghammer70’ Everett who is pursuing his dream in cars.

I regret NOTHING

@F8RGE Excuse me, I hate to join the bombardment of questions. But could I please ask you if you know what OOM-9 is?

Beat me to it. lol
    Welcome, Ben!
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • Can't wait to see how well you do.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Hey Ben. Question, have you heard of the tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise? Also, have you heard of Umbara? Or the thread in my signature with very detailed descriptions of maps, units, tanks, skins, and heroes? And have you heard of the bad Batch? Or metal legged Darth Maul? And how I hope you do well?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Well you already screwed up the design, so there's that. Hiding the star cards with the brushed metal is lame. Luke's "Greetings Exalted One" is misspelled (Jabba may be large but he's still just ONE), and who the heck did the Voice over for Vader's "I find you lack of faith Disturbing"? The CEO's nephew? It wouldn't have killed them to actually watch the movies before taking liberties with their interpretation of the scripts.

"Taking on [the Forums] is not my idea of courage. It's more like... suicide." - Han Solo

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1098739
  • Good luck Ben, you'll have a job to make the game better. Said, you can tell your colleagues to add more interesting things and not just a progression system that we would like to have from the beginning. Modes / heroes / skins / a class ... Droidekas, Windu, Dooku, Kenobi, Tano, Grevious.Snoke ... race mode, galactic conquest mode, domination mode ... There are jobs to make the game better.
  • F8RGE
    308 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks all. Spent some time reading through your response this evening, taking notes.
  • Devlin21
    8082 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Thanks all. Spent some time reading through your response this evening, taking notes.

Will there be more communication now that tge progression system is out?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• icazb
    30 posts Member
    Please give server browser on battlefront 2...
  • When does era select come out for GA?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • @F8RGE

Are we having news this week about when we will be able to use our crafting parts, credits, new costumes, etc in april?

Thanks
  • Looks like you are the chosen one!
    Welcome and congratulations Ben.

MTFBWY.

• Good to have another passionate star wars fan as our community manager.
    JQBh.gif
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "Doing Hero Concept's every so often now!" ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

• Good now fix this tras h game. Everything is sh it . The servers are laggy as hell or you allow players from afrika to join our europian servers. I dont want to play with 300 ping lagging persons. New maps please cause the level design is terrible. AND MOST OF ALL dubbel xp quick so i dont have to play this piece of garbage anymore and go back to battlefront 1
  • IIIAHMIII wrote: »
    Good now fix this tras h game. Everything is sh it . The servers are laggy as **** or you allow players from afrika to join our europian servers. I dont want to play with 300 ping lagging persons. New maps please cause the level design is terrible. AND MOST OF ALL dubbel xp quick so i dont have to play this piece of garbage anymore and go back to battlefront 1
    Jeez, pal. Little extreme. Tue game has great graphics, balancing, and progression. As for lags servers, have you done any troubleshooting? You may need a hardwire, or a clean boot. Helped me, now I I have no lags. They have put in new maps, and more are coming. But they also take time to design. Seriously, tone it down. It is just a game. A really, really great game, but still a game. Calm down. Keep calm and watch out for those wrist rockets on.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • hsf_
    1233 posts Member
    . Last year, he was also responsible for overseeing our community teams on FIFA, Mass Effect, NHL, and UFC communities as well.

Oh really? *Cracks knuckles* Well I would like a word with you about FIFA...
  • MtFbWy
    40 posts Member
    Welcome! A lot of people here who love the game and want it to succeed. I'm sure you'll help doing that. Wish you a good start with us... mtfbwy always
  • Any news about April please?
  • F8RGE
    308 posts EA Community Manager
    hsf_ wrote: »
    . Last year, he was also responsible for overseeing our community teams on FIFA, Mass Effect, NHL, and UFC communities as well.

Oh really? *Cracks knuckles* Well I would like a word with you about FIFA...

My stay on FIFA was pretty brief, I helped build the core team there before it got handed over to someone else and I focused my attention elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.