criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Already Disliking How Slow The New Progression System Is

Prev134
Sgt_Fergus
2244 posts Member
edited March 2018
I get they want it to take time and progress but wow after almost 2 hours of playing, playing different classes for maybe like 10 minutes each to see what is new with each before playing strictly officer, to finally rank up one of my classes from rank 40 to rank 41 which took 14,094 XP all.... for 1 skill point. I did the math beforehand and I needed 784 skill points after update to max all cards. Assuming if each takes about 45min to upgrade, including times in and out of games loading etc, for all these Troopers, Reinforcements, Starfighters, Heroes etc. that means i will need somewhere around 588 hours give or take to max out everything. I know the ranks are easier in the beginning and it would by much longer to factor the full 1448 skill points if you just start so I'm just basing it off the fact i spent skill point on almost every class. Just officer alone, which is at the cap exp and won't increase further, that will take at least 21 hours straight alone just for that class to get maxed. That is an enormously tough slog. The rest of the progression system is great but i think the requirements to max out all the cards is ridiculous. If you aren't rank 25 for a certain class or hero we are talking about never being able to max out a certain card either until we unlock that rank. Any way to change it so the progression is, well, a little faster. I mean 24.5 Days of straight playing is rather a long time to play.

It is faster then the original but with downsides now that you can't upgrade the class you want and so its hard to get those. at least, for something like speeder, i could rank up what i need when i get the opportunity. Some maps don't have speeders or light land vehicles so hardly get a chance to rank them up unless they get around to Galactic Conquest. Also you can't gain XP in Arcade or Jetpack Cargo, something that the old system would still allow you to do.
Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Cwebb1886
    166 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Took an unbelievably short time to build characters to epic. I had certain characters namely Boosk and Lando at level 24 all rare combinations. Under the normal system it would have taken me days to epic out 6 cards for their respective sets. Under the new system it took literally an hour of playing Boosk and Lando back and forth to upgrade. Along with the spawning I believe hero’s vs villians especially is nothing more than a fast paced death match along with the close group spawning next to the objectives it’s not really about having the cards anymore the card level gap has closed with this system anyone can get good cards fast it’s about being on a good team, better tactics, better respawn position.
  • All good points, but I have to think the new system ranks you up much faster than the old. Did you do the math on how long it used to take you to earn 720 crafting parts? (the amount it took to upgrade a single card from unlock to epic) At release, I saw estimates of 4,000+ hours to upgrade all!
    This is way better than old progression system.

Don't get me wrong, the new system is a huge improvement, its just still how LONG it takes for 1 SKILL POINT. 45 min is too extensive
    Cwebb1886 wrote: »
    Took an unbelievably short time to build characters to epic. I had certain characters namely Boosk and Lando at level 24 all rare combinations. Under the normal system it would have taken me days to epic out 6 cards for their respective sets. Under the new system it took literally an hour of playing Boosk and Lando back and forth to upgrade. Along with the spawning I believe hero’s vs villians especially is nothing more than a fast paced death match along with the close group spawning next to the objectives it’s not really about having the cards anymore the card level gap has closed with this system anyone can get good cards fast it’s about being on a good team, better tactics, better respawn position.

can you show a video to confirm that because it literally took me 45min to go up 1 level as an officer and that was the easier of the bunch from level 40 to level 41
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Once you get to a certain level its supposed to be harder.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Once you get to a certain level its supposed to be harder.

I get hard, but ridiculous grind is a different story. It feel like trying to get to level 12 in Halo 5, if any of you know how difficult that is.

And also, im not factoring other X factors like Hero Hogging. If we factored that in it would take even longer. I'm doing this based on if i was playing GA and that i get to use what ever reinforcement, vehicle, hero I want when i want without obstructions like someone already getting to the hero and you can't use it all match. If i did that we could be talking about pulling out a ****bucket and playing for a couple months.
    All good points, but I have to think the new system ranks you up much faster than the old. Did you do the math on how long it used to take you to earn 720 crafting parts? (the amount it took to upgrade a single card from unlock to epic) At release, I saw estimates of 4,000+ hours to upgrade all!

also wanted to note that in the old system, the only good factor was you could use it on whatever class you wanted to upgrade. now its restricted to that class which means hero star fighters are going to be insanely hard to level up as there is no mode specific for them and you will have to get to them before someone else does and hope the lag doesn't lag your ship into an asteroid like it currently does.
  • Cwebb1886
    166 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry didn’t have a video. Just had multiple high scores as Lando and Boosk and as I played there would be a blue flash signaling that I leveled up and earned a skill point. Had a great run of playing hero’s vs villians as Lando and Boosk and went from levels 24-27 with ease.

Here’s a picture of me playing with Kylo Ren in just one match I almost leveled upeja2ee9doey0.jpeg
  • Andrien
    194 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with Sgt_Fergus. I understand players didn't like the previous class progression system with credits, but the devs didn't need to take a hammer to it. It was still a viable means to level up. I think it's an OK leveling system for troopers, but it's awful for heroes. The reason is that you get ganked so fast on a hero like Han, or there's already the max number of heroes in play, or the match is nearly over by the time you earn enough battle points to call in a hero.

So to summarize, ok leveling system for troopers but bad for heroes. At this point I'd almost say go back to the previous leveling system. Furthermore, I don't like the way star card management has been changed in multiplayer. I used to be able to change them on the fly but checking them off takes me longer than it did before. I'd like the old star card system back.

Also, you nerfed the DC-LE15 and the nerf wasn't in the patch notes. That was pretty deceptive. The rate of fire is much slower and fires bursts rather than sustained fire. I am hoping this is one of those bugs that came with the patch and that it will be corrected. If not I'll be using the default heavy weapons because the DC-LE15 is now gimped because of the patch.

Thank you for fixing the issue were players could not see Iden's concussion charge on the TL-50 though. I haven't checked it out in campaign mode yet, but I will.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Use hvv for heroes thats the easiest way.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Cwebb1886 wrote: »
    Sorry didn’t have a video. Just had multiple high scores as Lando and Boosk and as I played there would be a blue flash signaling that I leveled up and earned a skill point. Had a great run of playing hero’s vs villians as Lando and Boosk and went from levels 24-27 with ease.

Here’s a picture of me playing with Kylo Ren in just one match I almost leveled upeja2ee9doey0.jpeg
    Use hvv for heroes thats the easiest way.

so it looks like in order to rank up a hero, i have to play in HvV and not in GA, that's rather unfortunate. But that is still gonna make the Hero Starfighters very difficult to rank up.
    Andrien wrote: »
    I agree with Sgt_Fergus. I understand players didn't like the previous class progression system with credits, but the devs didn't need to take a hammer to it. It was still a viable means to level up. I've been playing all day and I have only managed to get 2 pts for the heavy and officer. I got hardly any xp on my heroes. It's nearly impossible to get xp pts for heroes because you get ganked so quickly or the match is over by the time I have enough battle points to call in a hero. At this point I'd say go back to the previous system.

Also, you nerfed the DC-LE15 and the nerf wasn't in the patch notes. That was pretty deceptive. The rate of fire is much slower and fires bursts rather than sustained fire.

Thank you for fixing the issue were players could not see Iden's concussion charge on the TL-50 though. I haven't checked it out in campaign mode yet, but I will.

i wouldn't say go back to the old system necessarily. I like this system for the most part, its just the ranking is rather too tedious then needed. i get as you get higher up needing more XP. but the amount they want is definitely climbing. hero kills probably give off more xp which is why it is easier to get those leveled in HvV because this is in GA i played more as Rey then as the officer but its was the match i ranked up for officer. i played more time as rey and got a huge load of kills as Rey and i did PTFO and killed several people trying to assault the emp rocket carrier players attacking the MTT and as you can see out of all the work i barely improved in XP.
    4gmkv2y8bs8h.png

• Andrien
    194 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I guess I could play HvV just to level up, but it isn't really my forte. I am more of a GA and Burst player. However, I like HvV more in BF. I often play as Jyn and Nien Nunb is just hilarious.
  • Playing with the goal of ranking up will drive you insane. I would recommend simply the game and enjoying matches and your preference of classes at given moments to get the most out of your experience. Grinding to level up will only upset you further.
  • Wolflordxx wrote: »
    Ahhhh....... you kids with your crazy leveling systems.

Back in my day we had these magic boxes that dropped from the sky, full of duplicates of stuff we already had. We called them crates. *peers off into the distance* Good times.

Back in my day there were no progression systems, there was a competitive rank system that went up and down based on how well you did, it didn't just go up but at different rates lol
  • Other than a few cards. I see no rush in trying to maxx out everything. You don't need to maxx everything out. It's not like you're getting some tremendous boost from them anyways.
  • We finally get used to the progression system and now they changed it up again. Ridiculous, i have 35 level and can't upgrade my officer to purple now, even though i have 480 crafting parts.
  • Other than a few cards. I see no rush in trying to maxx out everything. You don't need to maxx everything out. It's not like you're getting some tremendous boost from them anyways.

actually those small % actually do do a lot in a situation. as for how it is set up its gonna definitely suck for new players. Us people that played and upgraded everything, to be able to make purples required actually less before. now they have to get to a lot higher rank to start pumping purples. And i know people kept trying to say purples don't make a big difference" but as a player who was stuck at no cards unlocked or some cards unlocked at low levels for over 4 months due the the duplicate card glitch not rewarding back credits, i can tell you from experience that is false. They do affect it. you try no cards on at all and you let me know how that goes. when i finally spent all 400,000 credits after patch 1.2 and finally could get some purples. i can tell you i get top 5 almost every match that isn't JIP now and no one was using the officer exploit to get 20,000 BP in 3 minutes.
  • in my honest opinion. i think they just need to remove the restriction of "can only use skill point on X class you earned it on"
    let players earn them playing which ever they want and use those points freely. doesn't matter how many they use they still have to earn them at the same rate. just its going be brutal trying to level up certain classes now because of how crappy some of them can be or how limited they are. I.E heros and speeders.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I get they want it to take time and progress but wow after almost 2 hours of playing, playing different classes for maybe like 10 minutes each to see what is new with each before playing strictly officer, to finally rank up one of my classes from rank 40 to rank 41 which took 14,094 XP all.... for 1 skill point. I did the math beforehand and I needed 784 skill points after update to max all cards. Assuming if each takes about 45min to upgrade, including times in and out of games loading etc, for all these Troopers, Reinforcements, Starfighters, Heroes etc. that means i will need somewhere around 588 hours give or take to max out everything. I know the ranks are easier in the beginning and it would by much longer to factor the full 1448 skill points if you just start so I'm just basing it off the fact i spent skill point on almost every class. Just officer alone, which is at the cap exp and won't increase further, that will take at least 21 hours straight alone just for that class to get maxed. That is an enormously tough slog. The rest of the progression system is great but i think the requirements to max out all the cards is ridiculous. If you aren't rank 25 for a certain class or hero we are talking about never being able to max out a certain card either until we unlock that rank. Any way to change it so the progression is, well, a little faster. I mean 24.5 Days of straight playing is rather a long time to play.

Why would u want to upgrade all star cards? That's just a huge waste.. 90% of them are trash.
  • umm i dunno what you're on about bro, i just fully epic'd all my infantry and Rey and just started with Vader. this system is far too easy.
  • Madinogi wrote: »
    in my honest opinion. i think they just need to remove the restriction of "can only use skill point on X class you earned it on"
    let players earn them playing which ever they want and use those points freely. doesn't matter how many they use they still have to earn them at the same rate. just its going be brutal trying to level up certain classes now because of how **** some of them can be or how limited they are. I.E heros and speeders.

Exactly, originally i thought that was gonna be how skill points would work, then i heard it was restricted but they said it wouldn't be something that would take too long but after playing about 5 matches of GA *cue in Maury* "that was a lie".
    TSOdinson wrote: »
    umm i dunno what you're on about bro, i just fully epic'd all my infantry and Rey and just started with Vader. this system is far too easy.

i call bull. screenshot show all your cards are maxed out purple or you are making it up.
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Why would u want to upgrade all star cards? That's just a huge waste.. 90% of them are trash.

they might improve the cards in future updates. and also i pointed out why for new players this isa going to be harder on them more.
  • seriously guys its be live for a day - give it a chance
  • I prefer this kind of progression, earning XP and levelling up depending on what you use. I find myself using a class, vehicle or hero now that I wouldn't have bothered with normally.

Good job in my opinion.
  • Let me get this straight: you're complaining because it took 45 minutes of game play to upgrade a card from rare to epic?

How long do you want it to take? One game? Five minutes? Perhaps 4 Epics in each daily crate?

Geez some people are never happy.
  • Man oh man, the complaining is just crazy sometimes. I guess if your goal is to epic out every card then yeah, this game will feel like a grind now matter what. Personally I don't want to be spoon fed everything in games and I am all in on my progression being based on xp rather than simply being in a match and said match lasting longer than others.

Last night I played for about an hour as officer in GA, had some really good matches and was able to earn 2 skill points in that time and some speeder and hero xp on top of it. Perfect. If I hadn't played so well and only earned 1 or none skill points in that time that's on me now and not on some random crate opening. Thanks for the update EA, much more enjoyable experience.
  • seriously guys its be live for a day - give it a chance

it doesnt take a day to see how long it takes to progress
    RetroManHD wrote: »
    I prefer this kind of progression, earning XP and levelling up depending on what you use. I find myself using a class, vehicle or hero now that I wouldn't have bothered with normally.

Good job in my opinion.

so you want to feel forced to play something you don't like?i'm confused by response?
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: you're complaining because it took 45 minutes of game play to upgrade a card from rare to epic?

How long do you want it to take? One game? Five minutes? Perhaps 4 Epics in each daily crate?

Geez some people are never happy.

not even really an upgrade if you are someone that doesn't even have the unlock to use it. 45 min for 1 skill point thats like counting in queue or waiting for next game about 45 min to an hour. and i was using the officer presence to get a ton of XP the other classes are taking longer. estimate might that about 1hr20min-1hr30min.
    Tolbertron wrote: »
    Man oh man, the complaining is just crazy sometimes. I guess if your goal is to epic out every card then yeah, this game will feel like a grind now matter what. Personally I don't want to be spoon fed everything in games and I am all in on my progression being based on xp rather than simply being in a match and said match lasting longer than others.

Last night I played for about an hour as officer in GA, had some really good matches and was able to earn 2 skill points in that time and some speeder and hero xp on top of it. Perfect. If I hadn't played so well and only earned 1 or none skill points in that time that's on me now and not on some random crate opening. Thanks for the update EA, much more enjoyable experience.

i dot think thats how you actually constitute skill. for example, anyone can eventually be an inheritor in reach even if they are amateur. progress that only moves forward, not forward and back, isn't actual skill. Just wanted to straighten that out.

As to the progressive ranking. for having to play that long is rather extensive in the part of you are regardless grinding. at least you got 1,000 credits fast from dailies and a free crate making getting a crate rather fast and the benefit you got to use on any class you wanted. now you have to get to a much higher rank to upgrade an epic and you have to use that specified class. so either turn down the hero to buy or don't gain progress. rather then just have 1 bar for progress overall. for new players they are going to have a lot of skill points saved but it will take about a month of average gameplay to finally get a epic upgraded for a specified class. good luck with hero starfighter and speeder class getting from level 1 to level 35 as a new player with people with already a head start with experience. So this affects new players even more.

Mathematically i understand it is more the old way. but to progress is not that much quicker its just maybe 15% faster but now you can only progress in a specific field so you are more restricted for only a small boost in progression. thats like saying "my car now goes from 30 mph to 40mph" thats great n all but that still aint 60mph to get on the freeway with the other cars. for having class restricted, i would think that the progress would be much quicker. the progression wouldn't make sense if you can max everything then what is the point of the extra 23 skill points to spend if you are only going to work on 3 cards.

Most people like myself are hoping they will do something later in a future update to have the loadout system similar to Battlefront 2 where you can have 3 different loadout type per class to choose from with a default class selected. For obvious reasons like Leia's shield is rather pointless in HvV but in GA it is very impacting when used right. so you want cards focused fr GA based and card for HvV. this would be an improvement so upgrading cards where you need them epic is going to take too long for 2 or 3 classes with 3 maxed cards thats like like 114 cards to max out.

Sry but not. You like playing specialist > plays as specialist > lvl up and upgrade specialist. This makes total sense, you enjoy playing a certain class, you have with this system an easier way to upgrade. I just level up 5 levels yesterday with officer and heroes too. It actually goes really fast, I'll have maxed out my main class by the end of mars 100%.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Sry but not. You like playing specialist > plays as specialist > lvl up and upgrade specialist. This makes total sense, you enjoy playing a certain class, you have with this system an easier way to upgrade. I just level up 5 levels yesterday with officer and heroes too. It actually goes really fast, I'll have maxed out my main class by the end of mars 100%.

it would make sense if it was faster if its gonna be class specific. and can i see a before and after pic of update and you maxed every card in a class. cant take your work on that and i feel that you are pulling my leg you maxed ever card in a class in one day. not even with a ****bucket do i believe you got all 17 cards maxed for a trooper class in 1 day.

it would make sense if it was faster if its gonna be class specific. and can i see a before and after pic of update and you maxed every card in a class. cant take your work on that and i feel that you are pulling my leg you maxed ever card in a class in one day. not even with a ****bucket do i believe you got all 17 cards maxed for a trooper class in 1 day.

I didn't say I maxed out 17 cards for a trooper in 1 day ? I got 5 levels on officer and Iden, at this rate I'll have them maxed by the end of the month.
  • tts42572
    1107 posts Member
    Doesn't really bother m I guess although I could care less about the trooper levelling. I mean, I've already unlocked what I want to use so I don't care if my trooper is level 30 or level 300.

Maybe my feelings would change if they introduced new, appealing cards that require higher levels to unlock but as of now I could care less.

I didn't say I maxed out 17 cards for a trooper in 1 day ? I got 5 levels on officer and Iden, at this rate I'll have them maxed by the end of the month.

but that all factors in on what your rank are
    tts42572 wrote: »
    Doesn't really bother m I guess although I could care less about the trooper levelling. I mean, I've already unlocked what I want to use so I don't care if my trooper is level 30 or level 300.

Maybe my feelings would change if they introduced new, appealing cards that require higher levels to unlock but as of now I could care less.

well when the add in multiple loadouts per class you will see there are huge potential to max out even more cards and would be awesome but the grind would be burnt out. my only dislike is they time to play. if i'm doing well it should be much faster. to go on a almost 20 kills as rey only to get like something like 4,000 xp is kinda lame. And i feel they did this because they made heroes are a lot of xp to kill so they didnt want it to be too fast in HvV but it makes it slower in GA. if they made the kill XP the same in HvV for GA i bet people would see how ranking up a hero would be a drag.

I couldn't understand a world, can you plz use good syntax grammar english ?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Auto correct, sorry. "But that all factors in on what your rank is" if you are low rank, 5 skill points is easy. if you are rank 40 it takes longer. if you played all day to get only 5 skill points, that is very low.
  • ThugMonkey10
    373 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Auto correct, sorry. "But that all factors in on what your rank is" if you are low rank, 5 skill points is easy. if you are rank 40 it takes longer. if you played all day to get only 5 skill points, that is very low.

I played from 9am to 10 pm, maybe 1 hour or two of break. I couldn't tell exactly but I believe I lvl up my officer from 44 to 50/51 (at least 6/7 skill points I remember), my Iden same (5/6skills) Lando too (5/6), Han (1), Leia(1), Bossk (2), aerial (1) enforcer (1), Rey (1)
    All were at level 25 already
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So that i got you clear. you played about 11 to 12 hours. with a 1 to 2 hour break. im assuming the heroes you did in HvV, just a guess. so you are saying you got upwards of 26 skill points. i can't unfortunately confirm each of your class ranks but i feel some of your Heroes were low ranked to start correct? my guess is on the premise that Lando was on some parts garbage and iden was by far worse until the 1.2 update so you hadn't ranked them up prior before the update. So im guessing the level of those characters to be around level 25 correct?
    So that i got you clear. you played about 11 to 12 hours. with a 1 to 2 hour break. im assuming the heroes you did in HvV, just a guess. so you are saying you got upwards of 26 skill points. i can't unfortunately confirm each of your class ranks but i feel some of your Heroes were low ranked to start correct? my guess is on the premise that Lando was on some parts garbage and iden was by far worse until the 1.2 update so you hadn't ranked them up prior before the update. So im guessing the level of those characters to be around level 25 correct?
    On march 20:

Officer: 39
    Phasma: 24
    Boba: 25
    Vader: 27
    Bossk: 32
    Palp: 29
    Luke: 22
    Han: 23
    Leia: 25
    Chewy: 23
    Finn: 24
    Rey: 31
    Yoda:28
    Iden: 23
    Maul: 29
    Kylo: 27
    Lando: 20

March 21 10 pm:
    Officer: 51(+11)
    Phasma: 25
    Boba: 26
    Vader: 28
    Bossk: 34 (+1)
    Palp: 30
    Maul: 30
    Kylo: 28
    iden: 30 (+6)
    Luke: 23
    Han: 26 (+2)
    Leia: 26
    Chewy: 25 (+1)
    Fin: 27 (+2)
    Yoda: 30 (+1)
    Rey: 33 (+1)
    Lando: 27 (+6)

In (.) are the skills points/levels gained, there you go !
  • I hate this new system with how little exp heroes get you may spend 5 hours on a hero and not **** get one level.

**** hate this **** new system
  • Also side comment its unfair new system for those players who bought loot crates dont have to worry about using skill points to upgrade one card feom white to green green to blue etc.

And i dissagree my fett starship has all purples and 70 % bigger siesmic is hugely noticiable and much better at purple than white.

I think this is stupid for galactic assault or star fighter. Specially since u cant always buy a hero ship as max number in play is a frequent issue.

Either not limit hero ships or go back to old system please this update sucks period.

i call bull. screenshot show all your cards are maxed out purple or you are making it up.

All the cards I care about using are done the others are not worth my time right now. If I want to explore other cards, I'll just convert parts in April, got a few in mind but my competitive sets are done.
  • Can I buy anything with the Credits now?
  • jalu192 wrote: »
    Can I buy anything with the Credits now?

Nope. Come the April Update you'll be able to buy cosmetics with the credits you have now.
  • I also found out, while playing for the new challenges. Jetpack cargo doesn't go for anything, you'd assume Aerial trooper but no. Arcade you also get nothing as well. both systems only get you credits. i got 870 credits for a jetpack cargo match but now that can only be used for cosmetics now. so those modes now has less uses.
  • Welp, I knew I had a bad feeling about this update, takes forever to level up my heros, and all of them are low level (7-19) troopers, armor, and reinforcements are okay in my opinion
  • Welp, I knew I had a bad feeling about this update, takes forever to level up my heros, and all of them are low level (7-19) troopers, armor, and reinforcements are okay in my opinion

ya others like officer are still easier to level up because all i have to do is just stand there and I gain XP. but something like a speeder or enforcer i need to gain the BP to buy it to then gain the XP making it longer. I was pretty disappointed both Arcade and Jetpack Cargo you can't gain any XP at all. At least in the previous system you could get credits to use on progression, now you can't which makes those modes less useful. I don't get why you can progress aerial unit XP in Jetpack Cargo and that you can't get XP in Arcade. I mean make it like the old system where there is a cap limit so no one can abuse it but at least that way, especially for new players, they can actually practice and get some XP while doing so.
  • I agree the new system is better for troopers. Once you reach level 35 (and I am level 30-33 for my troopers), you can max out your best cards pretty quick (well, specialist may take longer, as it's harder to get BP for them than the other classes). And leveling up is only 12k BP or so. Similar for armor, though it's a little harder as you have to be lucky and get the armor before someone else.

It seems the only way to effectively level up heroes is through HvV. In GA, the heroes earn too few BP. It would take forever to level them up to 25 to get epic cards, at 15k BP or so per level.

Enforcer seems the hardest to me, though. To level up, it looks like about 18k BP per level (at least here i'm at now). But enforcers (like heroes) get very lower BP in game, so you'd have to be an enforcer like 20+ times to get that kind of score. And that's just one level. So I don't see myself getting epic cards for my enforcer any time soon. Same for aerial.
  • I forgot to add that I am not fond of the new HvV (BF1 was better). So buffing up my heroes that way is more grind than fun.
  • I agree with many of these post. The new system seems to favor the trooper level up system. But when it comes to leveling up your Heroes or Villains, it kind of forces you to place HvH, which in my opinion is an incredibly toxic game mode at the moment.
    Mister_E wrote: »
    I agree the new system is better for troopers. Once you reach level 35 (and I am level 30-33 for my troopers), you can max out your best cards pretty quick (well, specialist may take longer, as it's harder to get BP for them than the other classes). And leveling up is only 12k BP or so. Similar for armor, though it's a little harder as you have to be lucky and get the armor before someone else.

It seems the only way to effectively level up heroes is through HvV. In GA, the heroes earn too few BP. It would take forever to level them up to 25 to get epic cards, at 15k BP or so per level.

Enforcer seems the hardest to me, though. To level up, it looks like about 18k BP per level (at least here i'm at now). But enforcers (like heroes) get very lower BP in game, so you'd have to be an enforcer like 20+ times to get that kind of score. And that's just one level. So I don't see myself getting epic cards for my enforcer any time soon. Same for aerial.

I too am finding it to be taking pretty long to get a level up with an enforcer, but no matter what this new system is generously better than the previous.
  • I agree it is very slow. It's a better way to progress but a little slow imo. Then again if it's any faster may severely reduce how long it takes to max out game
  • Pretty obvious they are pushing people toward HvV mode to level them up. We really are going to need some type of game where hero starships are more abundant if you ask me. Those are gonna be way too hard.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree the new system is better for troopers. Once you reach level 35 (and I am level 30-33 for my troopers), you can max out your best cards pretty quick (well, specialist may take longer, as it's harder to get BP for them than the other classes). And leveling up is only 12k BP or so. Similar for armor, though it's a little harder as you have to be lucky and get the armor before someone else.

I agree with many of these post. The new system seems to favor the trooper level up system. But when it comes to leveling up your Heroes or Villains, it kind of forces you to place HvH, which in my opinion is an incredibly toxic game mode at the moment.

I too am finding it to be taking pretty long to get a level up with an enforcer, but no matter what this new system is generously better than the previous.

ya this looks to be because the XP needed is 2x higher than for troopers

This also explains the problem with the new progression better than i can explain it

I agree it is very slow. It's a better way to progress but a little slow imo. Then again if it's any faster may severely reduce how long it takes to max out game

i dont see how making progression even to that of the trooper class for everything on XP is a bad thing
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Pretty obvious they are pushing people toward HvV mode to level them up. We really are going to need some type of game where hero starships are more abundant if you ask me. Those are gonna be way too hard.

wish they'd bring back space assault from the original Battlefront 2