criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The new progression system has made me jealous

Because if I was starting off on day 1 with this progression system. It would have kind of forced me to use skills as I unlock them , thus rounding out my ability with that unit. Giving me a better understanding of what that unit could possibly be. Instead of the predetermined in my mind BEST build , would have encouraged me to try probably nearly everything.

I think it also would have led me to appreciate certain units even more. For instance I am one skill point away from having Vader with 3 epic cards. After playing him in one round of GA and seeing how little that did to put a dent in his XP for the next level. I am going to appreciate that 1 point a whole lot more than I did all the others that led me up to where I am now on the old system. (This is arguable as credits = CP = time grinding in the old system, but time as Vader only will get me that last point I need)

So i guess I am saying good job with the progression system but really wish it had been this way at launch. But better late than never at all (that's what she said)

Replies

• I epiced new card for Bossk and had like best run ever, highly underestimated that card
  • You had the option of waiting to buy game after the huge outcry regarding loot boxes being tied to progression. There is always the option to wait on the sidelines. Play other games and follow news and user feedback regarding the game, then buy it later at a discount when you think it is at its best time
  • Imaguy
    16 posts Member
    I wish I wouldn't have been such a pain to get all those epic cards to then able to knock down 4 in a few hours last night..
    But like at the same time if it had been this way all along all these people with 1k hours into the game somehow in just the span of a couple months would have every single card at epic level already and anyone just getting the game now would kinda be toast in many situations. I do think it's more fun this way for everyone. Especially those who weren't able to put in 500 hours by January first and had nothing else better to do than to complain about how much of a grind everything was when like, clearly they still had the time.
    I epiced new card for Bossk and had like best run ever, highly underestimated that card
    Which one? I just managed to get him a couple epic cards last night but can't decide what to use. I put one up that I'd never tried before ,the spreading the disease. I was using lingering dioxis and then the two trap mine cards. But now I'm not sure which way to go whether it be lingering dioxis and spreading disease? Or the spread along with the two mine cards or just one mine card and two dioxis cards or add in the health inside dioxis card which could just make him ridiculously hard to kill in situations like the doors control rooms on theed..
  • Dubi1Oakachobi
    102 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The new progression system seems almost too easy. Just since the update, I have gotten most of my heros & villians to at least a three star card set of level 4. Doesn't feel as "epic" or "legendary" as it previously had. I'll take it, but squaring off against an opponent with three star cards of level 4, under the old system, ment that player had my respect. Not an easy feat. Now, I no longer feel that way, with the progression system buff.
  • Dubi1Oakachobi
    102 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Still enjoy the game tho :)
  • The new progression system seems almost too easy. Just since the update, I have gotten most of my heros & villians to at least a three star card set of level 4. Doesn't feel as "epic" or "legendary" as it previously had. I'll take it, but squaring off against an opponent with three star cards of level 4, under the old system, ment that player had my respect. Not an easy feat. Now, I no longer feel that way, with the progression system buff.

I 100% agree.
  • The new progression system seems almost too easy. Just since the update, I have gotten most of my heros & villians to at least a three star card set of level 4. Doesn't feel as "epic" or "legendary" as it previously had. I'll take it, but squaring off against an opponent with three star cards of level 4, under the old system, ment that player had my respect. Not an easy feat. Now, I no longer feel that way, with the progression system buff.

Stop whining. Before it was too hard and too grindy, now it's too easy. I actually WILL like it like that now, because it will be easier for people like me (who can't play that much) to reach 100% game completion. So, to say it simplier - I'm able to reach 100% game completion easier now, which is good, and which I may have not been able to do before.
  • To me, it all seems a lot easier except the hero ships.
  • Dubi1Oakachobi
    102 posts Member
    edited March 2018

The new progression system seems almost too easy. Just since the update, I have gotten most of my heros & villians to at least a three star card set of level 4. Doesn't feel as "epic" or "legendary" as it previously had. I'll take it, but squaring off against an opponent with three star cards of level 4, under the old system, ment that player had my respect. Not an easy feat. Now, I no longer feel that way, with the progression system buff.

Stop whining. Before it was too hard and too grindy, now it's too easy. I actually WILL like it like that now, because it will be easier for people like me (who can't play that much) to reach 100% game completion. So, to say it simplier - I'm able to reach 100% game completion easier now, which is good, and which I may have not been able to do before.

I said it was easier, because it is. That's just stating a fact. I also said I'll take it. It sounds like you're doing the whining. Do you want a participation trophey as well? The point was, under the old system, it was fairly easy to achieve a level 3 star card set. Level 3 gave players enough of an advantage to stand out above lower level players & still be highly competitive against level 4. That is assuming you have skills. The 4th star card level being more difficult to earn is what made it special in the first place. Now the "earning it" aspect has been nerfed, making level 4 less epic.

Enjoy the participation trophey. I'll take advantage as well to finish off my charcters, then move on.

• i honestly feel the best course of action was to purchase every card available in the game before this latest patch rolled out. i did that and now i don't have to worry about having a certain character level to unlock and upgrade a card. i can spend whatever points i earn toward any card i want.

it would **** me off to buff cards i didn't want to use or sit on points until i reached that cards specific level.

But is this a loot grind RPG or a nearly only PVP TPS? I myself do enjoy loot grind RPGs however extreme grinds for power increases, in some cases huge, have no place in a pvp only shooter where everyone is qued with everyone.
    Twitch = Lavarious3038
    My Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/c/Lavarious
  • This is why I purposely haven't played past player level 20 in multiplayer. That was enough to have fun with what was there, but I didn't want to burn out on a game that was in the process of changing. Plus I still hold out hope for Conquest mode.

I made the mistake of playing too much at launch in the 2015 Battlefront. So by the time DLC finally showed up, I was so burnt out on the game that I had very little patience for it.

A big part of this is the fact both games have had horrible balance issues and bugs that you have to play through which I wasn't going to do this time around.
  • I don't think it's fair too call it a participation trophy when it's still going to take a player hundreds of hours to max out all the content from launch. It's a much more reasonable system that lets players earn at a variable rate based on their own skill level.

It's good to have things to unlock, and we do. But it's also good to let players experience all the content and unlock everything without playing thousands of hours.
  • I don't think it's fair too call it a participation trophy when it's still going to take a player hundreds of hours to max out all the content from launch. It's a much more reasonable system that lets players earn at a variable rate based on their own skill level.

It's good to have things to unlock, and we do. But it's also good to let players experience all the content and unlock everything without playing thousands of hours.

Fair point. Happy gaming.