criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Progression - why not time spent as well

DWB1873
176 posts Member
TLDR -can we get progression based on time spent as well as kill points, maybe with a ratio/multiplier/need to push a button occasionally to prevent AFK exploitation?

I - obviously incorrectly -assumed that when they said you get rewarded for using characters that this meant progress not just for kills and points but time spent well, using the characters.

XP only is a tremendous grind depending on what and how good you are.

Those who regularly earn 20k a match, I can see why you think this new system is amazing. For those of us who languish nearer the bottom, it’s not so much -especially if you happened to have a higher level trooper or ship due to previous card purchases.

Ships and SA is worse because even finishing in top 5, rate of progress is glacial.

Yesterday, to take a level 35 trooper up took half the time as a level 25 interceptor. That was me finishing bottom third with trooper, top third on SA.

Having also lost an epic card to the card bug and therefore in effect several points down, this is a grind.

The old system encouraged card purchases to get decent cards - side effect being level increases. -I wish I hadn’t now as at least then I’d level up quicker and be able to be more selective. You could also cross subsidise by earning credits with something you were good with to boost something less so. Now you can’t.

I think the new system has potential to be better but right now it favours the very good a bit too much the higher you go without much flexibility.

SO how about adding time as a factor? This would at least give those of us who provide the cannon fodder to the gods an option to keep progressing not directly tied to our ability to score very well.

To reduce afk abuse (which already happened in the old system) I’d link it to a multiplier - so time and score up to a point or possibly a maximum at which it then is score only (as if you’re scoring 20k+ a match, you hardly need it).

Just something that would make spending hours getting shot a little bit more... rewarding.

Replies

• To me it is much more an issue, that new Progression is kinda worthless to day 1 Players.

I would much rather see Long Standing Bugs fixed, the lags adressed, all those Balance issues solved.

But concerning Starfighter, you are right, that mode Needs the xp required per Level slash to 1/5 or maybe even 1/10 of what it is now...

There is literally no reward in playing atm.
  • So you want equal pay, regardless of achieved results? I think Russia tried that, didn't work.
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Kainuma wrote: »
    So you want equal pay, regardless of achieved results? I think Russia tried that, didn't work.

Where did I say equal? I suggest something to keep progress and make it interesting. Not equal.

I also would say this would be for progression only - not in game score / ranking.

So the good players still get the reward of being the top of the pile and visible as such. the not so good get to quietly keep progressing their cards to help their game enjoyment.

• How do you even get xp now? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post about that?? A percentage of kills/time played/assists/score/ battle points? What does a kill net you in xp?? Starfighter hero ships are gonna take ages and sometimes the one you want isn’t available and sometimes you spawn in and get enemies trying to kill you nonstop until your dead in 1 minute.
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    How do you even get xp now? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post about that?? A percentage of kills/time played/assists/score/ battle points? What does a kill net you in xp?? Starfighter hero ships are gonna take ages and sometimes the one you want isn’t available and sometimes you spawn in and get enemies trying to kill you nonstop until your dead in 1 minute.

I'm pretty certain it's based on score. And yeah the hero ships are going to take an absolutely absurd amount of time to level up with how little you get to play them in a match before dying. They need to drop the exp requirement dramatically because as it stands it will take way too long.
  • DWB1873
    176 posts Member
    Score as far as I can tell - hence my post :smile: