criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Prev13456721
Making everyone use jet packs and rocket launchers sounds fun in theory as a temporary mode, and I guess there must be some people who enjoy it, but this really isn’t a patch on Cargo from 2015.

I’m actually resenting having to play five rounds of it to get the skin I’d like. Trooper classes only without reinforcements, and a cargo to defend and attack would be massively superior to this.

Any chance we could get Cargo 2015 back? It’s the mode that kept me playing BF1 right up until the sequel came out, it was legit one of the best modes I’ve ever enjoyed in a shooter.

Replies

• rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    Absolutely nothing else I can add to the OP, +1.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    Does anyone still play BF2015 Cargo? I’m thinking of reinstalling and firing up the old cargo at this point
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I would rather have the og cargo over jpc any day I hate jpc with a passion.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Does anyone still play BF2015 Cargo? I’m thinking of reinstalling and firing up the old cargo at this point

Nope, I cant stand that game's mechanics.

However the game actually has really interesting modes that would work well with this new game.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "Doing Hero Concept's every so often now!" ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I would rather have the og cargo over jpc any day I hate jpc with a passion.

Same dude.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "Doing Hero Concept's every so often now!" ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• please get rid of jet pack cargo get rid of Jetpack cargo it's boring repetitive and just flat-out annoying I've had 30 minute matches where it would just be a tug-of-war with the cargo getting rocket spammed or getting one shotted by Rockets the entire time never play this game mode it is horrible.
  • blaz3r
    154 posts Member
    edited March 23
    The jetpack refuels too fast and the rocket launcher ability timer is too short. Becomes a mindless rocket spam match. Make it so you can spawn as regular troopers and add the maps to Strike. That would be much better.
  • MWB33
    1330 posts Member
    It was fun...for one match the day if first released. Second match it got tiresome. When the daily challenges for it launches, it became a drag. I was not sad to see it go.

The five today...they were fraking painful. The 2 on Mos Eisley went rather quick, but the 3 on Bespin drug on FOREVER. It took less time for me to play 5 GA + 5 SA than the 5 JPC. That's just not right...

I'm with @SAmulticore - bring back 2015 cargo. The mode I played for several thousand matches.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

Nope, I cant stand that game's mechanics.

However the game actually has really interesting modes that would work well with this new game.

I don’t get why at least all three small modes from before weren’t transferred over at launch. If they had something besides Blast for troopers having JetPack cargo wouldn’t bother me at all. Strike is just mini-ga or halfway Cargo and the rounds bore me, I can usually tell who the winner is going to be after one, I don’t need multiple rounds.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • This jetpack cargo feels like a slap in the face to the original cargo. It's like a remake of your favorite song where they ruin it. Please get rid of this.
  • Cargo, Hero Hunt, Conquest, HvV 2015 and Drop Zone. This and we may be done here :love:

This is perfect, add this and I don’t care what else they do, just keep it infrantry based as it was intended and leave the reinforcements and heroes out. Also, the jet packs in his game suck imo, they are sloppy and hover where bf15s were tight and accurate.
  • Yes.
    Original cargo was much more fun and should’ve been added to BF2.

Also, Strike hasn’t got any new maps in the 2 updates we had.
    We really need something new.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member

Yep still play it to this day
    PSN: d0kRX
  • They should dump strike and blast and concentrate those efforts on real modes that people actually like.
  • stevenomes
    4597 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Strike is okay but it's to bland. Close quarter combat needs more meat. Cargo, drop zone, sabotage, droid run, extraction. Adding any of these modes would be an improvement. Even bringing back the old maps from bf2015 so they dont have to fit the new maps into old modes. Could do something like classic playlist. As bad as the playlist in bf2015 was I'd want it back if it gave us these old modes.
  • Cargo, Droid Run, Extraction - would all be awesome - less about kills, and more about strategy and teamwork.
  • blaz3r
    154 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Strike is okay but it's to bland. Close quarter combat needs more meat. Cargo, drop zone, sabotage, droid run, extraction. Adding any of these modes would be an improvement. Even bringing back the old maps from bf2015 so they dont have to fit the new maps into old modes. Could do something like classic playlist. As bad as the playlist in bf2015 was I'd want it back if it gave us these old modes.

Actually I feel the reverse. Cargo is just CTF. I rather have Strike, but unfortunately the maps are really bad. Only a handful of good maps like Deathstar, Hoth, Mos Esley and Takodana.
  • Yes! Please! Best gamemode!
  • YourReckoning
    131 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Finally something on here I can get behind.

Cargo was the sole reason I continued playing 2015 and would certainly make me play more of this game.
    PSN: bilbo2407
  • Old_fella_1963
    4242 posts Member
    edited March 23
    As long as it isn't a permanent replacement for the other new small modes I'm fine..it's fun ...but should not be in challenges -in fact any mode based challenge is questionable!
  • Cargo was my favorite mode in EABF15. Pretty sure I had over 800 wins and over a 100 draws, loved it. I fully endorse every attempt to get this and Conquest in the game. Two competent teams going at it was a the most fun I’ve had in a shooter game this gen.

Jet Pack Cargo is an affront to capture the flag modes. It’s is a slapped together mode with no real interest in strategy or team play. Spam rockets and get lucky. Not gonna cut it even as a timed event. It needs to be revamped or disappear.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Yes please to Cargo, Extraction and Drop Zone. The Sullust Refinery and Jabba's Palace maps from SWBF I would be welcome as well. I'd also like to see some large map modes like WA, TP and Supremacy as GA is now repetitive.

It would be interesting to see how the new class system, weapons and abilities would play in the maps from SWBF I.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Making everyone use jet packs and rocket launchers sounds fun in theory as a temporary mode, and I guess there must be some people who enjoy it, but this really isn’t a patch on Cargo from 2015.

I’m actually resenting having to play five rounds of it to get the skin I’d like. Trooper classes only without reinforcements, and a cargo to defend and attack would be massively superior to this.

Any chance we could get Cargo 2015 back? It’s the mode that kept me playing BF1 right up until the sequel came out, it was legit one of the best modes I’ve ever enjoyed in a shooter.

I really really really want the original cargo back. So you guys think this thread will gain any footing here on the forum? We need a mega thread. I wonder how hard it would be to implement the original cargo. :/
  • Ppong_Man12
    1271 posts Member
    edited March 23
    d0kRX wrote: »

I really really really want the original cargo back. So you guys think this thread will gain any footing here on the forum? We need a mega thread. I wonder how hard it would be to implement the original cargo. :/

They never go over a few pages at best from what I’ve seen. If it’s not a nerf/buff thread, a shiny new costume thread, or a new hero thread, chances are it won’t get far. Most threads here seem to be about 1. Skins, 2. Nerfs, 3. New heroes, 4. Clone Wars maps but with the same modes we currently have. Apparently new costumes are the meat and potatoes of this game and gameplay is secondary. This is just going by what I see posted daily around here.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

I really really really want the original cargo back. So you guys think this thread will gain any footing here on the forum?

It could, they sometimes do, that’s up to the forum users and whoever cares about this. Bump it (with legit discussion) and it’ll stay on page one, enough discussion and enough consensus and it could make a difference.

I know Reddit seems overwhelmingly against the current incarnation of ‘Cargo’ too.
  • Yes, totally agree with OP. Also bring back all the modes from Battlefront 2015 and then while we are busy with those, maybe you can come up with new ones. This Jpc is just junk and trash. The challenge for the skin was just to painful to sit through. 5 rounds? Of that? I rather do 10 of HvV.
    “I am no Jedi.” — Ahsoka Tano
    Add Me
    PS4- QueenBlackWidow
    https://giphy.com/gifs/9E7kUhnT9eDok/html5
  • Would be thrilled to see Cargo and Drop Zone return. This new Jetpack Cargo mode is all over the place and if it's going to stick around, it needs a timer (see Bespin).
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    Cargo was definitely my favorite mode.

I know strike was supposed to replace it but lacks the back and forth cargo had.

I also think they need to be careful and not add too many modes and split the player base up too much. There is an achievable balance in there somewhere though.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member

I really really really want the original cargo back. So you guys think this thread will gain any footing here on the forum?

It could, they sometimes do, that’s up to the forum users and whoever cares about this. Bump it (with legit discussion) and it’ll stay on page one, enough discussion and enough consensus and it could make a difference.

I know Reddit seems overwhelmingly against the current incarnation of ‘Cargo’ too.
    Yeah I agree, this discussion is already better than some of the other original cargo posts. I bookmarked it in case more folks post here and add meaningful comments.
    OcDoc wrote: »

I know strike was supposed to replace it but lacks the back and forth cargo had.

I also think they need to be careful and not add too many modes and split the player base up too much. There is an achievable balance in there somewhere though.
    How many modes would be bearable do you think? Right now I think we have only a few modes, so maybe the new conquest ish mode and 4 more?

It seems as though the developers only want new modes. But sometimes, in analogy, new spices and seasoning isn't that much better than good old salt and pepper.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

The balance...another hero mode, cargo and conquest ;)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Darth_Kali wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree with OP. Also bring back all the modes from Battlefront 2015 and then while we are busy with those, maybe you can come up with new ones. This Jpc is just junk and trash. The challenge for the skin was just to painful to sit through. 5 rounds? Of that? I rather do 10 of HvV.

Well on the bright side, at least it wasnt "Win 10 rounds". Call me Mr. Positivity
  • I agree. Cargo, Droid Run, Drop Zone and Extraction would be awesome to take from BF2015 and add to BF2017. Because JPC is not fun for me either. I am dreading just how many hours it will take to get the skin unlocked via that mode. SA and GA are fun, even if I prefer Blast and Strike over them. JPC just doesn't work for me, at all!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    Just logged into the companion to see how much I played the real Cargo.

4875 matches completed. That is 62.6% of the total matches I played on BF15.

There is no way...NO WAY...I'll ever play JPC that heavily. I have no desire to even play it 5% of the time because it has no replay appeal at all. Get in to complete challenge and get out, as quickly as possible. In the case of yesterday I'll even admit to being a detriment to my team on the Bespin matches.

After it took 23 minutes for the first cargo to be delivered I just got out of the way. I got on top of the room with the glass ceiling in hopes my absence would allow for quicker cargo delivery against my team. It didn't...until 2 other random people joined me. Next 2 matches on Bespin all 3 of us went right back up there. Even then, it took almost half an hour per match.

How did you get up there? I haven't figured it out yet. I totally agree with you, I played mainly cargo in the last game, it was so fun.

I wonder what the hold up is for why they won't consider the original cargo.

I'm sure there are ways to renew the original cargo in this game that would make it fun. What do you think? What would make the original cargo in the new game worth putting it in? I wonder what they could add to the original cargo to make it a little different but still original.
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I think they got too caught up in making sure SWBF2 wasn't just a reskin of the previous one. They did fix some things by changing, but missed out on including the best aspects of the previous version.

This is my fear. Strike seems like it was implemented in place of the other small modes from the previous game. I know they’re going to bring new modes into this game so I still have hope. I just hope they don’t view JPC as a replacement for regular cargo.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX wrote: »

The threads don’t gain any traction because there is nothing to really argue or debate about to keep them going. Looking at how many people like the OP is telling though it is wanted.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • OOM19
    2661 posts Member
    To answer this thread's question

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I think they got too caught up in making sure SWBF2 wasn't just a reskin of the previous one. They did fix some things by changing, but missed out on including the best aspects of the previous version.

This is my fear. Strike seems like it was implemented in place of the other small modes from the previous game. I know they’re going to bring new modes into this game so I still have hope. I just hope they don’t view JPC as a replacement for regular cargo.

Yeah I agree with you. There is really no replacement for the original cargo unless they keep the great aspects of the original one and make some minor tweaks to make it "feel" new. But honestly, the new maps are good enough for that in my opinion.
  • blaz3r
    154 posts Member
    edited March 24

I still prefer this one to the first, but do wish they had more small game modes.

Those small game modes with addition of private matches is what is keeping BF1 alive. Most people play in public games only to train for private match PUGs/organized competition. It has one of the highest replay value.
  • blaz3r wrote: »

I still prefer this one to the first, but do wish they had more small game modes.

Those small game modes with addition of private matches is what is keeping BF1 alive. Most people play in public games only to train for private match PUGs/organized competition. It has one of the highest replay value.

This is 100% correct, theswbfc along with other large communities were dedicated to setting up Cargo/dropzone tournaments and replay value is extremely high. These modes can be some of the most intense of any FPS game out there, super fun.
  • MWB33
    1330 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    Just logged into the companion to see how much I played the real Cargo.

4875 matches completed. That is 62.6% of the total matches I played on BF15.

There is no way...NO WAY...I'll ever play JPC that heavily. I have no desire to even play it 5% of the time because it has no replay appeal at all. Get in to complete challenge and get out, as quickly as possible. In the case of yesterday I'll even admit to being a detriment to my team on the Bespin matches.

After it took 23 minutes for the first cargo to be delivered I just got out of the way. I got on top of the room with the glass ceiling in hopes my absence would allow for quicker cargo delivery against my team. It didn't...until 2 other random people joined me. Next 2 matches on Bespin all 3 of us went right back up there. Even then, it took almost half an hour per match.

How did you get up there? I haven't figured it out yet. I totally agree with you, I played mainly cargo in the last game, it was so fun.

I wonder what the hold up is for why they won't consider the original cargo.

I'm sure there are ways to renew the original cargo in this game that would make it fun. What do you think? What would make the original cargo in the new game worth putting it in? I wonder what they could add to the original cargo to make it a little different but still original.

Jump pack on to the pedestal/platform between there and the rebel spawn. Recharge and jump pack over to the roof. Although it appears another way or more are present. One person jumped up from the other side.

I think strike is a one way take on the original. I'd be interested in a way to incorporate some of its aspects, but keep the core of the original.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

That is about right. Probably 3 big map modes (including star fighter assault) and 3 small map modes would be the sweet spot for diversity of play without too much split to the player base.

Conquest is the easy answer to round out the big map modes.

The question is the small map modes and I like the suggestion of cargo and something hero based.

• d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

That is about right. Probably 3 big map modes (including star fighter assault) and 3 small map modes would be the sweet spot for diversity of play without too much split to the player base.

Conquest is the easy answer to round out the big map modes.

The question is the small map modes and I like the suggestion of cargo and something hero based.

Yeah me too, although I think one or two more modes would be fine too, and not split the player base.

The real question here is getting the attention of the developers with our desire for original Cargo.
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    edited March 24
    It’s the “Reinventing the wheel” deal.

This game’s different. We all know it. But what This game is lacking can be found right in the Previous one.

Just BRING the Game Modes from there to This one.

Iron out/Smooth our Class/Trooper Balancing (Especially Specialist, they need a LOT of Love) & Balance our Heroes by introducing Individual “Hero Game Builds” that are unique for GA and HVV so that Neither Influence/Directly affect each other whenever a Hero Balancing rolls out.

We’ve all seen time and time again a Buff for a Hero for GA, become an OP problem in HVV. Or the latter which is a Too strong of a Nerf for HVV, makes that very same Hero Fodder in GA. Just Create Unique/Seperate “Hero Builds” for each Mode.

Back to The topic directly. Again, I repeat that what This game is Lacking, Can be found in its Previous Iteration. Just bring em over. Nothing fancy, just the Solid Modes we loved from 2015, into the New Game we Currently Play, 2017-2018.

Sorry longer post than intended. Ranted lol.

And Welcome Back @SAmulticore , we missed you around here dude! :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif