criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    If we get proper Cargo as a “limited mode” I will be absolutely furious.

JP Cargo, Ewok Hunt and now Hero Showdown? Modes nobody has asked for or mentioned.

Again, no love for infantry. Ridiculous.

This entire game is based on and around hero gameplay, not infantry. Even the so called infantry modes blast and strike have reinforcements, that’s not what I consider all infantry. Imo that’s why this game is so imbalanced.

I still don’t get the temp stuff though, unless it’s just filler, why add or waste time on something if it’s temporary.

Agreed. There should be some game modes without heroes or enforcers

It would be fabulous.

I’ve been asking for this since launch. Seriously, just one game without hearing a Wookie scream or a bow caster fired lol. :neutral:

I feel the same.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    one of the many reasons why strike is aids. removing the ability to use the jump pack while moving the cargo would be a step in the right direction to make strike more fun.

I mainly play Strike, but it has serious balancing issues. Cargo is naturally more balanced because both teams have an objective to defend and an objective to steal. As long as the map is balanced, both sides always have a fair chance.

• Ppong_Man12
    2827 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If the leaks are true we may never see Cargo, dropzone, or any other mode for that matter. The sad thing is they seem more legit than not. Can’t say we didn’t try though and may end up being surprised, that’s what I’m hoping.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    If the leaks are true we may never see Cargo, dropzone, or any other mode for that matter. The sad thing is they seem more legit than not. Can’t say we didn’t try though and may end up being surprised, that’s what I’m hoping.

I take these “leaks” with a grain of salt... I haven’t followed it too closely though, so are there credible sources? They haven’t done anything to strike since launch basically so that might leave room for cargo! #optimism

• Devlin21
    8332 posts Member

dnyx01929xax.jpg
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• d0kRX
    1490 posts Member

dnyx01929xax.jpg
    Lol I think I’ll just keep posting on this thread until they give us cargo the original.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    1. Twilight on Hoth
    2. Tatooine dune sea
    3. Scaffic

All the maps in battlefront 2015 would make great additions to the game but these above I would take first then the others especially twilight on Hoth. Also can we get Cargo back?

@StarWars0525

From another thread... just another supporter of cargo.

Gazoan Badlands (sp?) was my favorite map or the Tattoine spaceport one with the millennium falcon in the middle of the crater.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    SWBF 1 cargo, droid run, extraction, guns and maps. More abilities. Less debris in SA. A stats screen!

Thanks.

@SquishyVader wouldn’t mind original cargo, based on his post in the trooper feedback thread.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    Seems the writing is on the wall - whether right or left - reddit or read it the point is that the game we love is on the ropes and the med squad is held up on doughnut duty with the hog fest - so...last uppercuts and cross-hooks...bail out
    3. Cargo - nod to DASH - but i agree - fun big mode and bang it out DICE
    Don't even feel ticked as much as disgusted the more i think about it - like when you bust your kid lying...hope, that's all we have that Dennis and Peter will stitch together a Frankenstein to beast the gaming world - they can and we know it. Players pay for what GOOOOD stuff not a band-aid on Chewie or bruised hero...can do sooo much better...how about giving Chewie a medal or the back pack w/ C3PO or how about playing as a droid or ... or ... or ... so much more available. Sad Cry.
    Had to repost this - swear words were not received well by the moderator but think this needs to be out there for our fan base - so tidied up the language (giving props to several other good forum posters and took out the poop term).
    Look another person who wouldn’t mind original cargo. And I did edit this quote so it didn’t include his whole list.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Does anyone still play BF2015 Cargo? I’m thinking of reinstalling and firing up the old cargo at this point

I still play occasionally when I can find friends to play with.. but most have moved on to other games.. but I still have SWBF 2015 installed.

gamertag on XBox: RogueLeader2319
  • I played Cargo almost exclusively in SWBF 2015. Absolutely loved it, especially with a group of 3-5 or more. Partner Spawn was essential, but not sure how it would work in SWBF II. Hope they bring it back in it's original form..
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    lets talk about a few things then.

1. if they bring cargo back, do they need to bring classic maps with it? what i mean is, the current maps are not designed for cargo. making them applicable for cargo might be a lot more work. not sure how easy this would be. thoughts?

2. no jet packs will be possible. will it change cargo?

3. does it still need a time limit?

4. Add as a separate mode or lump in with something else like close quarters? ie strikes lumped in. DICE loves the playlist

I think the current maps can be tailored to cargo.. Bespin, Tatooine, Death Star II, Kamino, Yavin 4, Endor.. all of them.. but I hate the small Kashyyyk map in the trees, would be better on the ground.

And yes, bring back some the old maps like Goazon and Rebel Depot..
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Does anyone still play BF2015 Cargo? I’m thinking of reinstalling and firing up the old cargo at this point

I still play occasionally when I can find friends to play with.. but most have moved on to other games.. but I still have SWBF 2015 installed.

gamertag on XBox: RogueLeader2319

I've seen you before

Likewise, my friend. :)
  • I played Cargo almost exclusively in SWBF 2015. Absolutely loved it, especially with a group of 3-5 or more. Partner Spawn was essential, but not sure how it would work in SWBF II. Hope they bring it back in it's original form..

Partner spawns should not have given invincibility

It is annoying at times, yes.
  • And always keep in mind guys. Just because there is no answer to something, it does not mean that it was ignored.

We saw this thread since day one when it was created and it was noted. Sometimes the team might what to wait till they can share more on a subject and so on before replying. But again nothing is being ignored and feedback is being noted even if there is sometimes no reply etc.

But since you all wanted some replies, I hope the above is enough for now at least.

MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you.. but as you may be aware, we are all pretty skeptical given the state of things, or at least our perception of it.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    For the love of God please add Cargo and Turning Point, I don't know how Battlefront 1 has way more variety and content....meant to up your game in the sequel.....not remove half the game
  • Cargo. All infantry. No enforcers. Why can this not happen? How much “feedback” do you guys really need before you decide to implement something, you know, based on feedback?

100% man, we need all infantry with no reinforcements bad. Apparently gimmicks and filler are more important. The FPS crowd can’t compete with the Ewok crowd, or whats next for Rey’s wardrobe. I mean, it’s like the majority of this playerbase only care about heroes and skins, I don’t get it. For goodness sakes at least add private matches for the few modes we do have.

I played Cargo almost exclusively in SWBF 2015. Absolutely loved it, especially with a group of 3-5 or more. Partner Spawn was essential, but not sure how it would work in SWBF II. Hope they bring it back in it's original form..

Dude I absolutely hated that aspect of bf15, it was used more as an exploit along with map jumping imo. It should have never game any type of protection imo. That said the spawns in game suck, I’ve literally spawned on Graveyard and Crait and ran a max of 27 seconds to get back into action, this isn’t counting the 10 second timer. That’s a lot of wasted time in a 10-15 min game.

Agreed! Skins and visuals mean nothing when you can't play the game because you can't even spawn in safely.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    Cargo. All infantry. No enforcers. Why can this not happen? How much “feedback” do you guys really need before you decide to implement something, you know, based on feedback?

100% man, we need all infantry with no reinforcements bad. Apparently gimmicks and filler are more important. The FPS crowd can’t compete with the Ewok crowd, or whats next for Rey’s wardrobe. I mean, it’s like the majority of this playerbase only care about heroes and skins, I don’t get it. For goodness sakes at least add private matches for the few modes we do have.

I played Cargo almost exclusively in SWBF 2015. Absolutely loved it, especially with a group of 3-5 or more. Partner Spawn was essential, but not sure how it would work in SWBF II. Hope they bring it back in it's original form..

Dude I absolutely hated that aspect of bf15, it was used more as an exploit along with map jumping imo. It should have never game any type of protection imo. That said the spawns in game suck, I’ve literally spawned on Graveyard and Crait and ran a max of 27 seconds to get back into action, this isn’t counting the 10 second timer. That’s a lot of wasted time in a 10-15 min game.

totally agree with this! Anyone else love runnin' marathons? Maybe they'll have the spawn timer tweaked a bit before original cargo is added. Maybe.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    Season challenges where we choose to fractions would help( bounty hunters or empiriers) and reuse maps like Tatooine dune sea and twilight on Hoth would be most welcome. Also we want the orginal cargo not I repeat not jet pack cargo.

Check it out, another person (@StarWars0525) that wants original cargo. Hmmm. How much feedback will it take to get original cargo back?
  • There are a lot of Cargoists out here. Bring it back!
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    There are a lot of Cargoists out here. Bring it back!

That’s right!
  • Any strike map could be used for cargo
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Any strike map could be used for cargo

Agreed! Also bringing back a few of the most popular old Cargo maps would be amazing.

I’m not sure why, but there was so much replay value in cargo in bf15... I think because Capture the Flag is always an exciting kind of game even outside of video games.

• tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    I proposed here that Strike should just be replaced with the smaller game modes from Battlefront 2015 in one playlist. More detailed in that post. Strike, like the other Assault modes, essentially are just "playlists" after all since each map has unique objectives, even if they share a common theme in that objective. I do believe that would be more popular, better balanced, and just more fun overall.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    I proposed here that Strike should just be replaced with the smaller game modes from Battlefront 2015 in one playlist. More detailed in that post. Strike, like the other Assault modes, essentially are just "playlists" after all since each map has unique objectives, even if they share a common theme in that objective. I do believe that would be more popular, better balanced, and just more fun overall.

If a playlist model was the only way to get cargo in BF2, then I think myself and others would support that compromise. I agree that Strike is essentially a playlist of different objectives, so it could work. Ideally though, I would rather have a stand alone regular cargo mode.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member

If a playlist model was the only way to get cargo in BF2, then I think myself and others would support that compromise. I agree that Strike is essentially a playlist of different objectives, so it could work. Ideally though, I would rather have a stand alone regular cargo mode.

Yeah me too.
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Yeah, but if you read my suggestion, I think that perhaps if a private match feature, or if Arcade is expanded on, could allow private owners to choose certain "modes" of the playlist to play on. So you could play only Cargo in those matches or those servers if you wanted to, but keep the default Strike playlist as it is so that you don't run the risk or splitting the playerbase too thin with five more modes.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    I would like to see some favorite modes from previous games incorporated into this game. (Conquest, cargo, extraction, 2015 HvV, etc.
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    Bit of a bump. Okay, so, sometime this year, in swbf15, Cargo... I jet packed, right, and then, when I landed on the ground, I died! (/killed myself) It was on the Gaoloan badlands. I didn't hit anything, my feet didn't touch anything prior to landing. It was the funniest thing.
    I still want to see Swbf2's Jetpack Cargo get fixed up to be a bit more like swbf15 cargo.
    Wknuto!
  • Cargo and Extraction, two missing modes that ultimately led to me not playing this game anymore.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Cargo and Extraction, two missing modes that ultimately led to me not playing this game anymore.

Agreed! I played the same maps over and over on BF15 because I loved Cargo.

I haven’t touched the game since trying out hero 2v2 showdown last week when it was released... I then played a game or two of Strike that same day, but even Strike does not hold my attention like Cargo. In cargo, both sides had to play offense and defense and it wa very back and forth.
  • Cargo and Extraction, two missing modes that ultimately led to me not playing this game anymore.

Agreed! I played the same maps over and over on BF15 because I loved Cargo.

I haven’t touched the game since trying out hero 2v2 showdown last week when it was released... I then played a game or two of Strike that same day, but even Strike does not hold my attention like Cargo. In cargo, both sides had to play offense and defense and it wa very back and forth.

Here, here.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    Totally forgot about this thread but here it is again.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

It never dies because we want Cargo badly Also this from another forum member:
    I think Strike is the best mode in this game, but it is not nearly as good as Cargo and Extraction from BF2015.
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member

I think Strike is the best mode in this game, but it is not nearly as good as Cargo and Extraction from BF2015.

@Kenobi_Dude ah you truly found a real good gem of a quote!
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

@Kenobi_Dude ah you truly found a real good gem of a quote!

Glad you like! Your idea to find these kind of posts, I think - so good job.

• d0kRX wrote: »
    Just saw a post about getting jet pack cargo back so I had to post on this thread again because original cargo is still leagues ahead of jet pack cargo!

PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member
    Just saw a post about getting jet pack cargo back so I had to post on this thread again because original cargo is still leagues ahead of jet pack cargo!

No doubt! BF2015 Cargo > JPC nonsense
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2827 posts Member
    I hope they don’t add JP cargo over original cargo. I liked it ok it just gets old, and the fact it’s no comparison to original cargo. I’m also hoping they add dropzone back just as it was.
  • Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I hope they don’t add JP cargo over original cargo. I liked it ok it just gets old, and the fact it’s no comparison to original cargo. I’m also hoping they add dropzone back just as it was.

Drop Zone <3:love::sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    May the force be with you all. Here’s to regular cargo (and sure, Dropzone :smile: )
  • d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    I'd rather have new large maps and modes.

If DICE were to bring over SWBF I maps then bring the modes with them. WA, TP, Supremacy, DZ, and Cargo. I'd also change the time of day on some of the maps so there is at least something different about them. Twilight maps of Sullust, Graveyard of Giants, Jundland Wastes and Scarif might change it up. Also why not open the current HvV maps to other modes?
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member
    After playing for a few hours on Saturday I hit L70 with my Assault & Heavy. That put my base 4 infantry and starfighters at max level, as well as Aerial & Enforcer. All heroes, hero ships, & speeder have a purple deck. The only thing not at that level is artillery (all cards unlocked, but just never use it). Not too long after getting A&H to 70...I just didn't feel like playing anymore. Yesterday I logged on, played 1 round of GA, and turned it off.

An hour and a half ago I turned on the PS4, scrolled right past BF2, and opened BF2015. Selected Cargo, sorted into Goazon Badlands mid-game, and dropped a 12/4 as I re-familiarized myself with the buttons and style of play. The other team was filled with bactaguards, so before next match I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine. Made a "try to kill me" load out of medical droid, adrenaline stim, bacta bomb, & bodyguard with EE-3.

Had an absolute blast over a full run of the Cargo maps. Hung back defending our cargo the whole time allowing my team to just parade in delivering theirs. Counting first partial match, 5 wins 1 loss. 6/1 K/D and several dozen cargo carriers killed, and countless dead trying to get into our base. Great fun!! B):D

Until the second part of Solo Season drops...I may just find myself playing nothing but old Cargo instead of BF2.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.