criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• Ppong_Man12
    2832 posts Member
    I think I’m gonna play a little dropzone tonight and maybe a few matches of cargo myself.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Ever since jet pack cargo was release I’ve been thinking when will we get old regular cargo back. Cargo really added something new to the game and more variety which is why I think it would be a good fit. EA hopefully do not put jet pack cargo but instead regular cargo. It’s basically capture the flag and who dosent like a good game of capture the flag.

@StarWars0525 really wants original cargo too!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Ever since jet pack cargo was release I’ve been thinking when will we get old regular cargo back. Cargo really added something new to the game and more variety which is why I think it would be a good fit. EA hopefully do not put jet pack cargo but instead regular cargo. It’s basically capture the flag and who dosent like a good game of capture the flag.

@StarWars0525 really wants original cargo too!

Welcome friend.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I wonder if there's a chance that we'll get it in the second part of Season 2?

Heard that Extraction on Bespin and Jabba's Palace was recently found buried in the game's code (Yes!)

Cargo has to come back... will come back.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2832 posts Member
    I’m just curious as to why we only get one map with dlc modes, why no 4-6 map rotation. I want Cargo and dropzone, not a one map Cargo and dropzone. I really hope extraction is more than one map.
  • Piscettios
    6145 posts Member
    I’m just curious as to why we only get one map with dlc modes, why no 4-6 map rotation. I want Cargo and dropzone, not a one map Cargo and dropzone. I really hope extraction is more than one map.

We’re getting quick throwaway modes because this is the result of the MTX failure. It’s the least they can do to save a little face and pretend this game is still a live service. They take bare minimum effort and time, which is the driving force behind everything they’ve done post launch.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Piscettios wrote: »

We’re getting quick throwaway modes because this is the result of the MTX failure. It’s the least they can do to save a little face and pretend this game is still a live service. They take bare minimum effort and time, which is the driving force behind everything they’ve done post launch.

Well, then they shouldn’t really have a problem bringing us original cargo if this is how it really is...
  • Add Extraction and Cargo without Enforcers and toss them in a playlist with Strike and Blast.

I know I’ll catch some hate for that suggestion, but I don’t want to risk a playebase split. I would main that playlist all day every day.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member
    Add Extraction and Cargo without Enforcers and toss them in a playlist with Strike and Blast.

I know I’ll catch some hate for that suggestion, but I don’t want to risk a playebase split. I would main that playlist all day every day.

No hate here. If this is all we could get, then I'd definitely be down for it. I'd just memorize the rotation and be sure to sort into the point that maximized my Cargo exposure.

I'm still going to hold out my slim hope of real, proper, legit, no reinforcement, BF2015 Cargo though. (and for reference that slim hope currently sits at the emotional equivalent of .0000000000000001% the thickness of a single sheet of legal paper)
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2832 posts Member
    I would like to know how many here now actually played bf15 or played at all. Seems like many haven’t, especially Cargo/dropzone/extraction. I also see people making reference about how easy bf15 was and the modes, but when I look people up many/most have like a .7 kd and 35-100 hours played lol.

• d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    I’d like to know how many have played BF2015 as well. I loved the game.
  • flcnrelic
    112 posts Member
    I would welcome Cargo back. Definitely better than Ewok Hunt. Let's incorporate it into Strike somehow.
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    Add Extraction and Cargo without Enforcers and toss them in a playlist with Strike and Blast.

No hate here. If this is all we could get, then I'd definitely be down for it. I'd just memorize the rotation and be sure to sort into the point that maximized my Cargo exposure.

I'm still going to hold out my slim hope of real, proper, legit, no reinforcement, BF2015 Cargo though. (and for reference that slim hope currently sits at the emotional equivalent of .0000000000000001% the thickness of a single sheet of legal paper)

I enjoy Strike, loved Extraction and Cargo and Blast is a nice mode to just shut off for a while and try out new load outs. I'm all over that playlist.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    I would like to know how many here now actually played bf15 or played at all. Seems like many haven’t, especially Cargo/dropzone/extraction. I also see people making reference about how easy bf15 was and the modes, but when I look people up many/most have like a .7 kd and 35-100 hours played lol.
    I played BF15 for many hours, and most of these hours (especially after the game was out for a while) were only spent on cargo and DZ. Also sometimes, I would just click to find a small mode, and it would most often go to one of those two modes.

We need it back!
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    I played BF15 for many hours, and most of these hours (especially after the game was out for a while) were only spent on cargo and DZ. Also sometimes, I would just click to find a small mode, and it would most often go to one of those two modes.

We need it back!

For reals.
  • Me want cargo
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Me want cargo

Get your friends to post on this thread! Let’s make it bigger and bigger together!
  • 1. Twilight on Hoth
    2. Tatooine dune sea
    3. Scaffic

All the maps in battlefront 2015 would make great additions to the game but these above I would take first then the others especially twilight on Hoth. Also can we get Cargo back?

@StarWars0525

From another thread... just another supporter of cargo.

Gazoan Badlands (sp?) was my favorite map or the Tattoine spaceport one with the millennium falcon in the middle of the crater.

Yeah!!! I like how you guys are quoting everyone who wants cargo because it does give cargo a lot of support. Keep up the good work.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    1. Twilight on Hoth
    2. Tatooine dune sea
    3. Scaffic

All the maps in battlefront 2015 would make great additions to the game but these above I would take first then the others especially twilight on Hoth. Also can we get Cargo back?

@StarWars0525

From another thread... just another supporter of cargo.

Gazoan Badlands (sp?) was my favorite map or the Tattoine spaceport one with the millennium falcon in the middle of the crater.

Yeah!!! I like how you guys are quoting everyone who wants cargo because it does give cargo a lot of support. Keep up the good work.

Woo hoo! Welcome to the mega-thread.
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member

1464 hours played on BF2015
    7791 matches played...4880 of which were Cargo

As for K/D...I don't feel that's an accurate depiction of a person's skill. For example my online stats show a 2.33. If you chop off my first few hundred hours of play (when it was .45/1 before I gotgud), it jumps to around 3.6 (used to keep the specifics on a notepad that to track my improvement every 10k kills). I never thought the game was easy, but there were times that the matches were.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    I'm slowly losing my interest in this game. Cargo would go a long way in bringing me back. I've been playing dark souls and Detroit become human the last week. Still putting the finishing touches on my run with God of War so little time for battelfront. But if cargo was in it....I might reconsider my priorities. I assume there are others like me, on the sidelines but still ready to step back in for the right situation.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Please bring cargo back! I'm sure the new young gamers will also love it!!!
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Instead of adding private matches they will add some more reused bf2015 maps and a few temp game modes that nobody asked for. The biggest reason this game failed is because they took what worked well from bf2015 and totally trashed it. Private matches, WA, supremacy, drop zone, cargo, partners, a normal progression system, stats all were left out for no reason. Game became a casual repetitive hollow shell.

Miss that cargo!!
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Looks like they are bringing back Jetpack Cargo at some point... they added a timer and changed how you pick the weapons. Another map as well. Beyond that, there is nothing really new.

Still only one cargo to get randomly on the map, which makes it more like a much less exciting Dropzone instead of capture the flag/regular cargo.

Still expecting rocket launcher spam... at least get rid of those please and add another cargo, so there is more strategic offense and defense.

Sigh
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Looks like they are bringing back Jetpack Cargo at some point... they added a timer and changed how you pick the weapons. Another map as well. Beyond that, there is nothing really new.

Still only one cargo to get randomly on the map, which makes it more like a much less exciting Dropzone instead of capture the flag/regular cargo.

Still expecting rocket launcher spam... at least get rid of those please and add another cargo, so there is more strategic offense and defense.

Sigh

At least they gave us extraction. I hope they didn’t mess it up! Now we just need original cargo, how do we get more support for original cargo?
  • Ppong_Man12
    2832 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Instead of adding private matches they will add some more reused bf2015 maps and a few temp game modes that nobody asked for. The biggest reason this game failed is because they took what worked well from bf2015 and totally trashed it. Private matches, WA, supremacy, drop zone, cargo, partners, a normal progression system, stats all were left out for no reason. Game became a casual repetitive hollow shell.

Miss that cargo!!

@d0kRX Yep, same here.

@EmmaFett10304, looks like you were right my friend, no mention of cargo/dropzone, stats, or private matches. Worse yet is other than a few threads here and there no one else seems to be asking for it, or not enough to get their attention anyway. Skins and heroes still seem to be the priority for this PB.

Who ever came up with JP cargo over classic cargo should be reprimanded lol, jk, and hunt over dropzone is a kinda a head scratcher. I do look forward to extraction though as long as it isn’t another hero dominated mode. Hopefully e3 will give a something to look forward to as far as the above modes.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member

Miss that cargo!!

@d0kRX Yep, same here.

@EmmaFett10304, looks like you were right my friend, no mention of cargo/dropzone, stats, or private matches. Worse yet is other than a few threads here and there no one else seems to be asking for it, or not enough to get their attention anyway. Skins and heroes still seem to be the priority for this PB.

Who ever came up with JP cargo over classic cargo should be reprimanded lol, and hunt over dropzone is a head scratcher, wow. I do look forward to extraction as long as it isn’t another hero dominated mode. Hopefully e3 will give a something to look forward to as far as the above modes.

Hopefully it will. This new PB is a mystery to me, and I wish we could figure them out to gain some support for those things emmafett mentioned, especially original cargo.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Are we really getting JP Cargo back after such a loud cry for OG Cargo? Bizarre.

bizarre indeed.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Are we really getting JP Cargo back after such a loud cry for OG Cargo? Bizarre.
    It’s easier/cheaper to re-release JP Cargo than actually investing into regular cargo.
  • BucksawBoushh
    5763 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It’s easier/cheaper to re-release JP Cargo than actually investing into regular cargo.

That I could figure out. But still, I presume they DO want the game to have replay value and a long life? Then to me it seems only logical that they would put that effort in and add the most requested game modes.
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member

That I could figure out. But still, I presume they DO want the game to have replay value and a long life? Then to me it seems only logical that they would put that effort in and add the most requested game modes.

Whoa...whoa...whoa....

Never presume that they use logic, at least in it's pure form, on adding things to this game. Vulcans they are not. They're more Romulan, utilizing logic that is twisted from their emotions...becoming a truth they cling to that depends greatly on their point of view.
  • Cargo was my favorite game mode and I even played yesterday and I’m about to now. However, I don’t see it prospering in BF2 because of lack of guns, (EE-3), and lack of real customization. There’s only specific cards for specific classes. Classes wouldn’t be compatible in Cargo from BF2015
  • Ppong_Man12
    2832 posts Member
    Cargo was my favorite game mode and I even played yesterday and I’m about to now. However, I don’t see it prospering in BF2 because of lack of guns, (EE-3), and lack of real customization. There’s only specific cards for specific classes. Classes wouldn’t be compatible in Cargo from BF2015

That’s my thinking with dropzone as well, 15 feels like more time was put into infantry gameplay mechanics and weapons thus creating a wider skill gap.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member

JP cargo was an abomination. I still shudder to think all the wasted hours grinding out the Leia skin by having to finish 5 JP matches. Rocket spam was hilarious at first but quickly became abusive. I should have waited a bit until everyone figured out it was best to throw the match and help the other side win in order to complete the challenge quickly. I think my last two games (of 5 I never opened the mode again once I got the challenge done) were shorter because everyone was doing that.

Wish old cargo was in its place.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »

JP cargo was an abomination. I still shudder to think all the wasted hours grinding out the Leia skin by having to finish 5 JP matches. Rocket spam was hilarious at first but quickly became abusive. I should have waited a bit until everyone figured out it was best to throw the match and help the other side win in order to complete the challenge quickly. I think my last two games (of 5 I never opened the mode again once I got the challenge done) were shorter because everyone was doing that.

Wish old cargo was in its place.

Me too. Original cargo is the best!
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    Guys let’s come up with some locations for bases on the strike maps and post them on here. Then we could vocalise our desire for original cargo and give plausible ideas for where the bases should be.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So on outpost delta I’d put one base in beta ( if I remember correctly beta is the small enclosed space with two windows on strike and off to the left if you’re imperials )

Then for the other base I’d put it where the imperials spawn.
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member
    Guys let’s come up with some locations for bases on the strike maps and post them on here. Then we could vocalise our desire for original cargo and give plausible ideas for where the bases should be.

Solid idea. Although I think a mix of Strike, Blast, HvV maps would be better as the options. Some Strike maps aren't very Real Cargo friendly, and some HvV & Blast are...so why limit the ideas?

Takodana - rework the Strike map slightly to take out Maz's Castle. Have 1 base at the Firespray 31 & the other at the First Order transport. Part of me would want to put the Falcon in play, but using it as a base limits the tree cover.
    Kamino - Use HvV map. Have the bases in the respective domed rooms, or have them on the opposite landing platforms.
    Naboo - Strike map. Make the LAATs the bases.
    Mos Eisley - behind the Cantina & behind the Junk Yard, or the points used for delivery on that abomination JPC.
    Jabba's Palace - at the opposite ends, roughly the Hero & Villain spawn points.

That's all I've got off the top of my head...
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    I think most of the Strike maps could work for cargo easily... the Cargo maps in BF15 basically just stuck the cargo bases on opposite sides of the map, and the same could easily be done in BF2. Some Cargo maps were symmetrical/round/square while others were basically long rectangles, but they all just had the cargo zones on opposite sides
  • I think most of the Strike maps could work for cargo easily... the Cargo maps in BF15 basically just stuck the cargo bases on opposite sides of the map, and the same could easily be done in BF2. Some Cargo maps were symmetrical/round/square while others were basically long rectangles, but they all just had the cargo zones on opposite sides

...but the routes to each end were critical..that's the thing about the mode and a map. Why not just use the proven BF15 Cargo maps?
  • MWB33
    1392 posts Member
    I think most of the Strike maps could work for cargo easily... the Cargo maps in BF15 basically just stuck the cargo bases on opposite sides of the map, and the same could easily be done in BF2. Some Cargo maps were symmetrical/round/square while others were basically long rectangles, but they all just had the cargo zones on opposite sides

...but the routes to each end were critical..that's the thing about the mode and a map. Why not just use the proven BF15 Cargo maps?

I suspect we're all for using those as well, but there are only 5. I'd personally like those ported over and then give us 5-7 created from BF2 maps.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    We need Cargo
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    We need Cargo

JP Cargo?
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    We need Cargo

JP Cargo?
    No

Yes.

I agree, it would be better to have custom cargo maps and the BF15 maps would be great! Just saying that Strike maps could potentially work since we’re lacking in the content department.

• d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

Solid idea. Although I think a mix of Strike, Blast, HvV maps would be better as the options. Some Strike maps aren't very Real Cargo friendly, and some HvV & Blast are...so why limit the ideas?

Takodana - rework the Strike map slightly to take out Maz's Castle. Have 1 base at the Firespray 31 & the other at the First Order transport. Part of me would want to put the Falcon in play, but using it as a base limits the tree cover.
    Kamino - Use HvV map. Have the bases in the respective domed rooms, or have them on the opposite landing platforms.
    Naboo - Strike map. Make the LAATs the bases.
    Mos Eisley - behind the Cantina & behind the Junk Yard, or the points used for delivery on that abomination JPC.
    Jabba's Palace - at the opposite ends, roughly the Hero & Villain spawn points.

That's all I've got off the top of my head...

These are pretty solid spots it sounds like. For kamino I like the different landing pads idea, and for Naboo I wonder if those two laat ships are a little too close. One thing that could be done for naboo is make the map just slightly thinner and longer. Enough so that where the droids spawn there’s where their base would be, and there’s multiple entrances to that area, and then for the republic their base would be opposite end of the map, not where the beta gunship is but in between that point and where the clones spawn.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    We need Cargo

JP Cargo?
    No

Yes.

I agree, it would be better to have custom cargo maps and the BF15 maps would be great! Just saying that Strike maps could potentially work since we’re lacking in the content department.

Yeah I would agree that it’d be nice to get goazon badlands, rebel depot, or endor maps from bf2015.

The endor maps for hero’s vs villains would probably be the best one for endor cargo on this game, but I am not sure where the bases would fit in on that one.
  • d0kRX
    1502 posts Member
    I would be really annoyed if they added Ewok Hunt to Strike. I think that mode is pretty terrible and would resent them trying to force Strike players to play it. Jet Pack Cargo would also be pretty annoying. I wish they would ditch that gimmick mode and bring back real Cargo.

Yes, @FourStringBass4 agrees with getting original cargo!