criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• that would mean they need to first fix these gawd awful de-tuned jetpacks first and foremost.
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Beerus70 wrote: »
    This thread didn't get much traction, that's to bad.

Yup, this needs a lot more attention.

Btw, last nights DBS Episode :cry: :sunglasses:

Lol, I know man, now the long wait begins.
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    What would you guys think of something like a classic close quarter playlist. that is they port over some of the classic modes and maps from previous game and put them into one playlist you could grind if you want. i know its not the same as adding just cargo but i feel like they arent going to bring back just one mode from the previous game by itself. they will try to add a twist to it to make it unique and end up ruining it. id like to have classic playlist and then we will see how many people are playing the classic list as opposed to strikes. i bet classic play list will be more popular.

I would take this. I preferred Cargo last game but the other two small modes were better than Strike. Even if they just added those modes to the Strike playlist I could accept that, wouldn’t be as good as a Classic playlist though
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    What would you guys think of something like a classic close quarter playlist. that is they port over some of the classic modes and maps from previous game and put them into one playlist you could grind if you want. i know its not the same as adding just cargo but i feel like they arent going to bring back just one mode from the previous game by itself. they will try to add a twist to it to make it unique and end up ruining it. id like to have classic playlist and then we will see how many people are playing the classic list as opposed to strikes. i bet classic play list will be more popular.

Classic rotation with cargo, extraction, sabotage, and Droid run would be amazing!! I want just actual cargo but I could handle a classic playlist, and playlist style would be a twist that the developers could use without totally messing up the classics.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Classic rotation would rock. Cmon EA/Dice, pretty please. Cargo, Droid Run, Extraction and Sabotage.
  • I played over 2400 games in Cargo 2015 winning 1900. It had massive replay value. I also loved extraction and drop zone and would really like to see them back although just as they were, no tweaking necessary, no hero’s or specials except in extraction. New maps or old, don’t care, just want my cargo squad back!
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • I played over 2400 games in Cargo 2015 winning 1900. It had massive replay value. I also loved extraction and drop zone and would really like to see them back although just as they were, no tweaking necessary, no hero’s or specials except in extraction. New maps or old, don’t care, just want my cargo squad back!

fmFKoMY.gif
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I played over 2400 games in Cargo 2015 winning 1900. It had massive replay value. I also loved extraction and drop zone and would really like to see them back although just as they were, no tweaking necessary, no hero’s or specials except in extraction. New maps or old, don’t care, just want my cargo squad back!

I knew I was forgetting one, so on the "classic mode" that they could implement, they could do drop zone, sabotage, Cargo, Droid run, and extraction.

And the only tweaking in addition to the "classic playlist mode" that they need to make it feel "new" is figure out good locations within the new maps, and I really hope they could add with it places like rebel depot, jabbas palace, and sorrusub pipeline.

Wouldn't it be great to play some cargo on the administrators palace on Bespin too? or droid run? And they already had sabotage there (really like bespin lol).
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited March 25
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I played over 2400 games in Cargo 2015 winning 1900. It had massive replay value. I also loved extraction and drop zone and would really like to see them back although just as they were, no tweaking necessary, no hero’s or specials except in extraction. New maps or old, don’t care, just want my cargo squad back!

I knew I was forgetting one, so on the "classic mode" that they could implement, they could do drop zone, sabotage, Cargo, Droid run, and extraction.

And the only tweaking in addition to the "classic playlist mode" that they need to make it feel "new" is figure out good locations within the new maps, and I really hope they could add with it places like rebel depot, jabbas palace, and sorrusub pipeline.

Wouldn't it be great to play some cargo on the administrators palace on Bespin too? or droid run? And they already had sabotage there (really like bespin lol).

Yeah some good suggestions there, I’d be happy with that.
    You can play cargo on AP in a private match, I actually don’t think it played as well as the other maps due to size but it was still fun. While your at it bring back the cycler rifle, god I miss that gun.
  • I agree 100%. I played BF2015 daily with my friends up until BF2 launched, and there were two modes that kept us coming back: Cargo and Extraction.

This game desperately needs Cargo imo. Strike needs new maps and objectives. There are already plenty of small mode maps that are available (blast and HVV maps). Make some of them have Droid Run, Drop Zone, Cargo, and Extraction as the objective on some of those maps and add them to Strike.
  • I would agree that bringing back more game modes from SWBF2015 will keep player interest and maintain playability. Certainly my favourite modes were Extraction and DropZone and the pull of those modes kept bringing me back to play more...at the moment game modes like JetPack Cargo serve to put some players off. For me it is not one of the best games modes with a number of issues plaguing this mode including bad spawning points, chaotic rocket launcher battles with little in the way of objective play, and no XP earned for playing as an Aerial - I only played recently to get the 5 game tally to count towards the Leia Hoth skin.
  • THIS GAMEMODE NEEDS A CLOCK , PLEASE
  • Old_fella_1963
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Actual Cargo was good BUT soon as you let in even a 3 man party in a public game it was terrible ....too easy to win
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Actual Cargo was good BUT soon as you let in even a 3 man party in a public game it was terrible ....too easy to win
    Same could be said of any small mode though. (And some large) Parties are a different argument to whether or not a game mode should be brought back. We can’t spawn on team mates anymore so it would be no different to strike in that regard. Shame your not on Xbox, the Old Farts are still playing together although a lot of the members don’t like the new game.
  • WodiQuix
    4116 posts Member
    After trying Jetpack Cargo on Tatooine, I quickly realized it wasn't for me. Something just felt off. There was no tension, no "communication", and there was no tactical game play. I loved Cargo back in BF2015. It was one of the modes I played the most. Heck, I still jump in Cargo matches to play. I created a whole new account just to start from level 1 in Battlefront. Cargo definitely needs to return, as do a lot of the other modes.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    After trying Jetpack Cargo on Tatooine, I quickly realized it wasn't for me. Something just felt off. There was no tension, no "communication", and there was no tactical game play. I loved Cargo back in BF2015. It was one of the modes I played the most. Heck, I still jump in Cargo matches to play. I created a whole new account just to start from level 1 in Battlefront. Cargo definitely needs to return, as do a lot of the other modes.

This is exactly why we needed the original cargo to return, that tactical strategies, the fun times, the great maps, the competitiveness. :D

Implementing an original cargo in a classical mode playlist would in my opinion give more "sustenance" to this game. After they implement more important things of course. But I for sure hope this will be a reality soon. Do you?
  • A big YES to Cargo. It'd be nice if we got a small mode playlist with Cargo, Drop Zone and Droid Run.
  • WodiQuix
    4116 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »

This is exactly why we needed the original cargo to return, that tactical strategies, the fun times, the great maps, the competitiveness. :D

Implementing an original cargo in a classical mode playlist would in my opinion give more "sustenance" to this game. After they implement more important things of course. But I for sure hope this will be a reality soon. Do you?

Of course! I think that if they implemented some of the staple maps and modes of BF2015, a lot of players might return. And a classic playlist sounds like a good idea, alongside a playlist of the maps offered here.
  • I am a huge fan of this idea. I was a huge fan of Cargo and Drop Zone. Only difference here (for purposes of porting over Drop Zone), there would be no tokens for pod-capture. But who cares. Claim the pod, move on to the next...

I hope they add some of these to the new game and re-invigorate the small team play that was present with BF15.
  • I am a huge fan of this idea. I was a huge fan of Cargo and Drop Zone. Only difference here (for purposes of porting over Drop Zone), there would be no tokens for pod-capture. But who cares. Claim the pod, move on to the next...

I hope they add some of these to the new game and re-invigorate the small team play that was present with BF15.

I’m kinda curious if they added drop zone how would they implement jump packs, they need to be as they were in bf15 because jump troopers feel sloppy in comparison.
  • Piscettios
    4200 posts Member
    edited March 26
    The small mix modes idea is okay. But I’d still prefer a straight cargo only mode.
    THIS GAMEMODE NEEDS A CLOCK , PLEASE

WHY ARE YOU YELLING. I think you have the wrong thread lol
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    The small mix modes idea is okay. But I’d still prefer a straight cargo only mode.

Same. I know there were some core Drop Zoners and Droid Run players but I pretty much played Cargo exclusively for the last four months before BF2. My hype for new Cargo disappeared the minute they said you’d be limited to a single class, the one with the jetpacks everyone hated.
  • Yes please!!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Same. I know there were some core Drop Zoners and Droid Run players but I pretty much played Cargo exclusively for the last four months before BF2. My hype for new Cargo disappeared the minute they said you’d be limited to a single class, the one with the jetpacks everyone hated.

Yes I would prefer just cargo too, but if the developers don't want to do that I'd be alright with a playlist.

I want to experience the different classes on new maps (and maybe some old ones) with the original cargo. Oh how much fun would it be?

I bet it would be tons of fun!
  • Ppong_Man12
    1278 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    This thread must stay relevant. Save cargo, save the dream!
    JampackedFixedEyra-size_restricted.gif

Yes it must, I try to bump these threads but they always get drowned by skins and hero threads. Maybe this one will turn into 40 pages lol.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • MWB33
    1332 posts Member
    Yes, keep this thread going.

What do we want? Real Cargo!
    When do we want it...asafp.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    This thread must stay relevant. Save cargo, save the dream!
    JampackedFixedEyra-size_restricted.gif

Yes it must, I try to bump these threads but they always get drowned by skins and hero threads. Maybe this one will turn into 40 pages lol.

I really think this thread has some potential to go for many pages. It's got good discussion. We need to keep the good discussion going.
  • lets talk about a few things then.

1. if they bring cargo back, do they need to bring classic maps with it? what i mean is, the current maps are not designed for cargo. making them applicable for cargo might be a lot more work. not sure how easy this would be. thoughts?

2. no jet packs will be possible. will it change cargo?

3. does it still need a time limit?

4. Add as a separate mode or lump in with something else like close quarters? ie strikes lumped in. DICE loves the playlist
  • MWB33
    1332 posts Member
    lets talk about a few things then.

1. if they bring cargo back, do they need to bring classic maps with it? what i mean is, the current maps are not designed for cargo. making them applicable for cargo might be a lot more work. not sure how easy this would be. thoughts?

2. no jet packs will be possible. will it change cargo?

3. does it still need a time limit?

4. Add as a separate mode or lump in with something else like close quarters? ie strikes lumped in. DICE loves the playlist

1. I'd like to see some of the classic maps return, if not all. I also think there are several sections of the new maps that are conducive to real Cargo, just not necessarily the small parts currently being used.
    2. Not really. There were still plenty of jump pack users, but it had trailed off considerably in favor of more defensive/offensive load outs in the matches me and my friends were playing.
    3. Yes, otherwise it will be like JPC currently is...potential to go on forever.
    4. I'd prefer separate, but could live with it lumped into a playlist under two conditions:. One, that it is way more than one map. Two, that we get a map selection option. (I'd want to strategically start my rotation to play it as often as possible.)
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • avmav
    493 posts Member
    Yes! Classic cargo.....make it so.

Jet pack cargo could've been fun...but the spawn points kill the game and make it go on for hours....in Bespin the enemy pretty much spawn on the drop off you need to get to making it almost impossible
  • Old_fella_1963
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 27
    IF has to be in a priority order required then Drop Zone first original Cargo second ....though without Jetpack not sure in DZ would be as much fun?
  • they could have ariel trooper as reinforcment like in strike. make it so that if you deliver cargo or unlock pod you get a huge BP bonus (playing objective?) this gives you the chance to buy another ariel if needed.
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited March 27
    I’d be ok with aerials in original cargo as long as they couldn’t JP with the cargo as they can now. DZ fine also but give them a cycler rifle instead of rockets.
    Post edited by Coronal_Aurora on
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    1. They don't really need to, but it would be even more fun in cargo with at least one game. And making existing maps have cargo would be a challenge in that good bases must be found for each side. Looking at the map overhead door tatooine I could think of a couple places that could be suitable.
    2. I'd be fine without jetpacks.
    3. Needs a time limit to be "classic."
    4. Separate mode only or separate classic mode playlist (yes, they like the playlist, probably because it makes the most we want appear like one mode only and it seems like they don't want lots of modes).
  • Jet packs aren’t really needed in cargo but they make more of a playable map vertically, I feel like we’re missing a lot of great map locations without JPs sometime. I’m fine either way. Drop Zone is another story entirely, it’s designed around Jump Packs, without it would make for endless nade spam on pods and really make into another game all together. Again, just add original DropZone/Cargo with the other great small modes and were golden in this game. I’m telling you guys, it will bring back a ton of people that have left.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Jet packs aren’t really needed in cargo but they make more of a playable map vertically, I feel like we’re missing a lot of great map locations without JPs sometime. I’m fine either way. Drop Zone is another story entirely, it’s designed around Jump Packs, without it would make for endless nade spam on pods and really make into another game all together. Again, just add original DropZone/Cargo with the other great small modes and were golden in this game. I’m telling you guys, it will bring back a ton of people that have left.

It will bring back untold numbers of people to this game, and if it is done well enough I think we could agree that the influx of players would likely buy some skins. See the developers have more reason to add this mode, in case it caused some MTX to occur. Thoughts?
  • cargo Cargo CARGO
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Jet packs aren’t really needed in cargo but they make more of a playable map vertically, I feel like we’re missing a lot of great map locations without JPs sometime. I’m fine either way. Drop Zone is another story entirely, it’s designed around Jump Packs, without it would make for endless nade spam on pods and really make into another game all together. Again, just add original DropZone/Cargo with the other great small modes and were golden in this game. I’m telling you guys, it will bring back a ton of people that have left.

It will bring back untold numbers of people to this game, and if it is done well enough I think we could agree that the influx of players would likely buy some skins. See the developers have more reason to add this mode, in case it caused some MTX to occur. Thoughts?

Pure projection wishes ?
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member

Pure projection wishes ?

Yeah, wishes, but I'm sure it will bring more players, don't you?
  • anything in addition to what we currently have will bring more people. the content is stale. needs more. cargo would be a familiar surprise. and nice.
  • djb5f
    14 posts Member
    Miss Cargo and Droid Run.

Strike is lacking. Need more game modes and the ability to select the mode and map.