criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get actual Cargo back?

1151617181921Next

Replies

• Play with no traits and no triangles with limited spam items, that’s as balanced as it gets and also as good as it gets. Also separates the men from the boys so to speak.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    1000th comment. Surprised and impressed that this thread just keeps going. I'm on PS4 and similar to the XBox comments above, regularly see several of my mates from BF15 online and still playing Cargo on it. I've asked several of them why they continue to play it and not the current game... No Cargo is the answer.

I've gone back a few times and played it the last several months. It was enjoyable, until all the bactaguards inevitably arrived and ruined it. I'd love to have it with the current class system, and no reinforcements or heroes.

They are ignoring us
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    1000th comment. Surprised and impressed that this thread just keeps going. I'm on PS4 and similar to the XBox comments above, regularly see several of my mates from BF15 online and still playing Cargo on it. I've asked several of them why they continue to play it and not the current game... No Cargo is the answer.

I've gone back a few times and played it the last several months. It was enjoyable, until all the bactaguards inevitably arrived and ruined it. I'd love to have it with the current class system, and no reinforcements or heroes.

They are ignoring us

100%

They are ignoring us

Have none of the mods ever engaged with this thread? It's 21 pages and counting! This has got to be the biggest fan created post in the communities history right?

They are ignoring us

Have none of the mods ever engaged with this thread? It's 21 pages and counting! This has got to be the biggest fan created post in the communities history right?

It got a minor response. Something along the lines of: "Yes, we're aware of the thread." Hardly satisfactory
  • @d0kRX Can you remember their response? How long ago was it?
  • MWB33
    1330 posts Member
    @d0kRX Can you remember their response? How long ago was it?
    Screen grab:

9oxiuzm4mtn1.png
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1269 posts Member
    edited November 20
    Screen grab:

9oxiuzm4mtn1.png

Six months later, and...
    Post edited by Kenobi_Dude on
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Screen grab:

9oxiuzm4mtn1.png

Six months later, and...

Yup but hey I guess they're focused on the stuff they say they're bringing us.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    C'mon guys, bring Cargo back, if you do, the game will get a boost in terms of replay-ability. It is a fan favorite!

Too true!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I just come back for the notifications now. 48 today, glad this is still going :smile: I’d be back and more hype than you can possibly imagine if they actually did give cargo back. Hope you’re all well!

I've been waiting for a reply to the thread so that I could justify another off my replies. I've even played about original cargo in other threads. Hope original cargo comes back!
    I just come back for the notifications now. 48 today, glad this is still going :smile: I’d be back and more hype than you can possibly imagine if they actually did give cargo back. Hope you’re all well!

I've been waiting for a reply to the thread so that I could justify another off my replies. I've even played about original cargo in other threads. Hope original cargo comes back!

Hope for the best, expect the worst. I cannot get my hopes up when EA is running the show.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »

Hope for the best, expect the worst. I cannot get my hopes up when EA is running the show.

Haha yeah I know but I'll still keep posting.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I would love to see in 2019,
    More maps and game modes like SWBF 2015 has. Cargo anyone?

How do you quote from another thread?
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member

While you're at the other thread, hit the quote button and then copy and paste the quote to the other thread that you're wanting to post it in.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Oh and I should mention that I occasionally post on other threads suggesting original cargo? Maybe we've gotten a bit fatigued to this 21 page original cargo thread.

While you're at the other thread, hit the quote button and then copy and paste the quote to the other thread that you're wanting to post it in.

Thanks!
    Oh and I should mention that I occasionally post on other threads suggesting original cargo? Maybe we've gotten a bit fatigued to this 21 page original cargo thread.

I mention it on other threads as well

They are ignoring us

Here’s the problem guys, many of the post here are by he same people including myself. How many different people are actually asking for cargo/dropzone or anything remotely competitive/skill based, much of this Pb reminds me more of the fornite crowd, they’re more worried about the next skin or hero than a competitive replayable game mode.

Have you noticed not many are pushing for private matches, dropzone or Cargo, or anything skill based, very few weapons post, or how about better maps not designed around spam to help the casual be able to competent in a Mp game. Again guys, this is an entirely different crowd than the 15 game imo and carries a of to match. That’s my opinion anyway and by no means do I mean everyone, but this forum without a doubt .

They are ignoring us

Here’s the problem guys, many of the post here are by he same people including myself. How many different people are actually asking for cargo/dropzone or anything remotely competitive/skill based, much of this Pb reminds me more of the fornite crowd, they’re more worried about the next skin or hero than a competitive replayable game mode.

Have you noticed not many are pushing for private matches, dropzone or Cargo, or anything skill based, very few weapons post, or how about better maps not designed around spam to help the casual be able to competent in a Mp game. Again guys, this is an entirely different crowd than the 15 game imo and carries a of to match. That’s my opinion anyway and by no means do I mean everyone, but this forum without a doubt .

You're absolutely right. The members on this forum (and Reddit) are as casual as it gets. Fortunately, this forum isn't representative of the BF15 playerbase. Many ex-BF15 players don't play BF17 because of the exclusion of Cargo, DZ, private matches, reduced skill-gap, etc. I'm one of them.

I also know many ex- Supremacy players who didn't buy BF17 because Supremacy was removed.
  • I get the sense most people on this forum only care about heroes and skins. Many of the popular threads are about adding obscure heroes most people are unaware of.

Most of these members play Battlefront because they like Star Wars, not because they like the Battlefront sandbox. I grew up as a Star Wars fan, but I would never play a game solely because it's about Star Wars. Likewise, I don't play Madden just because I'm a football fan. I only play games if I like them. Being a SW fan played a part in me trying out Battlefront, but I stuck around solely because I liked the unique SW sandbox (such as having third-person).
  • Several members have advocated for removing Infantry-play altogether. That's just sad.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1271 posts Member
    edited December 7
    It’s all about having a compressed skill gap to attract more average players, it’s just amazing the difference of the 2 player bases from 15 to 2. I do think geonosis is a good direction and this new mode may be grand, fingers crossed. We still need one good(semi-competitive) small mode and private’s though.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • It’s all about having a compressed skill gap to attract more average players, it’s just amazing the difference of the 2 player bases from 15 to 2. I don’t think geonosis is a good direction and this new mode may be grand, fingers crossed. We still need one good(semi-competitive) small mode and private’s though.

The new game mode will be trash. Bank on it. BF17 was a miserable failure. EA/DICE won't suddenly improve their decision making.
  • No, you may not have Cargo. But how about a few days of a Blast & Strike playlist? Pretty much the same. You’re welcome :)
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Several members have advocated for removing Infantry-play altogether. That's just sad.

Don’t judge me sir lol

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/118457/remove-troopers-from-ga-proposal#latest
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • To edit, it should have said I do, not I don’t. So I definitely do think geonosis is a great map, by far my favorite as far as the design and has exceeded all expectations imo. It’ll be interesting how the other maps work with this new mode, it could very well be a game changer if they play anything like geonosis.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Several members have advocated for removing Infantry-play altogether. That's just sad.

Don’t judge me sir lol

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/118457/remove-troopers-from-ga-proposal#latest

That was in jest though :D
  • JMaster
    1972 posts Member
    Man, I hate how it seems like you have to love one thing and hate another. I'm excited for new heroes, skins, all that good superficial Star Wars stuff... but it should always come second to actual substantive gameplay stuff, like maps, weapons, Star Cards, and yeah... MODES. Infantry only Cargo, with NO other tweaks or changes would be insane.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Man, I hate how it seems like you have to love one thing and hate another. I'm excited for new heroes, skins, all that good superficial Star Wars stuff... but it should always come second to actual substantive gameplay stuff, like maps, weapons, Star Cards, and yeah... MODES. Infantry only Cargo, with NO other tweaks or changes would be insane.

Dude that’s about as well put as it possibly be. Agree 100%.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »

Yep I agree 100%