criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• d0kRX wrote: »
    I've been playing loads of cargo and occasionally Bespin and outer rim. They keep ignoring us because they want to rebrand battlefront as herofront.

As Relmets stated, 2 is overwatch lite, and to add, with no league play, bad balance, and bad matchmaking. We need 2 games imo, one should be listed as Battlefront Heroes Unleashed, basically this game, and the other as Battlefront trooper edition. Make the trooper version like all other modern shooters but keep 3rd person, basically what 15 was. Have all stats, map selection, private matches, great competitive small modes, make it infantry based with gunplay being a top priority, and imo add a league or tournament mode. Both camps happy.
  • i havent played in months but just want to contribute to the message of this thread. Cargo4Lyfe. This mode is lit there i no other substitute. Focus on Cargo EA you must.
  • Anyone else not use a Jumppack on Cargo so you could have another Grenade or Shield or Weapon?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.

• As Relmets stated, 2 is overwatch lite, and to add, with no league play, bad balance, and bad matchmaking. We need 2 games imo, one should be listed as Battlefront Heroes Unleashed, basically this game, and the other as Battlefront trooper edition. Make the trooper version like all other modern shooters but keep 3rd person, basically what 15 was. Have all stats, map selection, private matches, great competitive small modes, make it infantry based with gunplay being a top priority, and imo add a league or tournament mode. Both camps happy.

Multiple games would absolutely have been better from the get-go. By banking all of that resurgent Star Wars hype on a single title they inevitably had to appease the generic "heroes/sabers-r-starwars" crowd. To be fair you can't really expect anything else given that it was the only major SW game until JFO.
    [+3748 posts]
  • MWB33
    1401 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    Anyone else not use a Jumppack on Cargo so you could have another Grenade or Shield or Weapon?

No jump pack for me.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I've been playing loads of cargo and occasionally Bespin and outer rim. They keep ignoring us because they want to rebrand battlefront as herofront.

As Relmets stated, 2 is overwatch lite, and to add, with no league play, bad balance, and bad matchmaking. We need 2 games imo, one should be listed as Battlefront Heroes Unleashed, basically this game, and the other as Battlefront trooper edition. Make the trooper version like all other modern shooters but keep 3rd person, basically what 15 was. Have all stats, map selection, private matches, great competitive small modes, make it infantry based with gunplay being a top priority, and imo add a league or tournament mode. Both camps happy.

Nice
    PSN: d0kRX
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    Extraction's Thread's still going strong, time to bring some more attention to Cargo.
    oehj53oealwd.png
    I loved the feel of Imperial Station, and most Endor maps in general. Brings me back to vacations in the mountains, that's nice.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Cargo, dropzone, droid run, WA/Supremacy, private matches, map selection, the bf15 play mechanics, and most of all the 15 gunplay, it all needs to be brought back for the guys that actually like shooters.
  • ROMG4
    4069 posts Member
    giphy.gif

They ported extraction, ewok hunt's map from the first game, they even ported assets directly from cargo to make Jetpack Cargo

Why can't we just get Cargo? Most of the strike maps would fit easily especially since most of them revolve around CTF
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

They ported extraction, ewok hunt's map from the first game, they even ported assets directly from cargo to make Jetpack Cargo

Why can't we just get Cargo? Most of the strike maps would fit easily especially since most of them revolve around CTF
    I know, it's so sad, and each of the main base classes would be great for either running with the cargo or defending the home base. Such a shame.
    He knew.
  • MWB33
    1401 posts Member
    @JMaster @ROMG4 - If you're on PS4, then you're welcome to squad up with @d0kRX & me sometime.

PS4 generally still has at least a half dozen different lobbies going most of the time during the day, and more in the evenings/weekends. There are a handful of modders, squads, &/or super sweaty bactaguards that we run across regularly, but we can generally lobby hop to get away from the recognizable names.
  • I love how long this thread has lasted 😂

Not sure how much hope we have of seeing it in BF2 but if this thread has helped sway any kind of decision for BF3 if it exists that’d be pretty sweet.
  • Cargo is the only mode from BF15 that's still populated for me. It's an all-time great format.
    Jetpack Cargo was amazing, especially on Bespin.
  • ROMG4
    4069 posts Member
    I love how long this thread has lasted 😂

Not sure how much hope we have of seeing it in BF2 but if this thread has helped sway any kind of decision for BF3 if it exists that’d be pretty sweet.

giphy.gif

• Do not go gentle into that good night.
    That buff Rey thread is giving me a headache, how's about some good suggestions?
    He knew.
  • MWB33
    1401 posts Member
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    That buff Rey thread is giving me a headache, how's about some good suggestions?

My response...

I suggest they bring back Cargo for BF17.
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

My response...

boq33szmy2tu.gif
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »

My response...

boq33szmy2tu.gif

rczcnvywgrl5.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member

My response...

boq33szmy2tu.gif

rczcnvywgrl5.gif
    skg0j10srgds.png
    He knew.
  • No, you are getting another Ewok hunt map
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    No, you are getting another Ewok hunt map

co1ndpqunn6f.gif
    He knew.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    Do you guys think they'll get cargo or drop zone if they do a bf3? I don't think they will do a bf3...
  • I just don't understand the devs aversion to these popular small modes!??
  • Meerkat
    520 posts Member
    edited January 23
    They want to cater to hero players and the clone wars. They don't give a poop about anything else.

Sounds good.
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Do you guys think they'll get cargo or drop zone if they do a bf3? I don't think they will do a bf3...

Should be both. Throw Droid Run in there too, that mode was underrated.
    He knew.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    For any of you who loved drop zone and want to have fun in the last game:

Also I want cargo back. I know it won't happen but I'll keep posting here.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    I just don't understand the devs aversion to these popular small modes!??

Dunno, sometimes mixing things up really pays off and sometimes it doesn’t, and I really feel like Strike was a bold attempt at a refresh that just didn’t come near the fun and simplicity of Cargo.

Cargo was a boxing match between your small team and theirs, it felt personal.
  • Droid Run was also very enjoyable although some matches were very short...!
  • Starmasui73146
    1786 posts Member
    edited February 7

AW_Cramer wrote: »

Dunno, sometimes mixing things up really pays off and sometimes it doesn’t, and I really feel like Strike was a bold attempt at a refresh that just didn’t come near the fun and simplicity of Cargo.

Cargo (2 flag Capture the Flag) is still as fun as the first day I played it. It needs to be immortalized Offline against bots and with a couch friend in splitscreen. Just like so many great CTF video game modes of the past.
    “There is always hope.”
  • d0kRX wrote: »

Tried asking many of the bf2 claimed alpha players to play and usually get the same answer, or no answer, can’t imagine why they won’t play in a tournament with other top guys.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member

Tried asking many of the bf2 claimed alpha players to play and usually get the same answer, or no answer, can’t imagine why they won’t play in a tournament with other top guys.

Haha are they scared of Alphafunatic, Crickenthechicke (now just cricken--), goodpoo (now called gpooy), and a few other og players like symphonic (now glamboy) or coloses7? Idk but I just think it would be a lot more fun with those alpha players you were talking about.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    Guess they don't really love the old game, cuz there's a chance right now for some real fun, and it's free, and there's a chance for some big prize money.
  • ROMG4
    4069 posts Member

Especially when Bo RIfle crusades were called lol

Also come back to the forums, we need more originals!
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Hah, maybe. I do play a little more these days. Crazy how much they’ve turned this game around.
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Hah, maybe. I do play a little more these days. Crazy how much they’ve turned this game around.

Actually is crazy how much they've turned it around.
  • Has this happened or is JetPack Cargo still a thing?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • d0kRX
    1543 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Has this happened or is JetPack Cargo still a thing?

They've got to still have jetpack cargo in their resources.
  • MWB33
    1401 posts Member

They've got to still have jetpack cargo in their resources.

JPC is still sort of a thing...it's there in the files, but not currently an active game mode.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Man that was so disappointing. Here’s the return of your favorite game mode but it’s only one map and you can all only use the same terrible class 😬
  • MWB33
    1401 posts Member

Man that was so disappointing. Here’s the return of your favorite game mode but it’s only one map and you can all only use the same terrible class 😬

Indeed...we're going to tease you with Cargo in the name, but remove all the good aspects while amplifying the bad.

Plus there was only one cargo instead of two
    My name is Bob

Actually I believe it was 3 JPC maps. Bespin, Tatooine and Yavin 4 before DICE realized JPC was a horrible idea.

Actually I believe it was 3 JPC maps. Bespin, Tatooine and Yavin 4 before DICE realized JPC was a horrible idea.
    My god, I just realized that Jetpack Cargo and Ewok Hunt collectively got more than DOUBLE what Extraction got.
    We really do live in a society.
    He knew.
  • Cargo is still just as fun on 2015's SWBF game as from the first day it came out.

@F8RGE Please DICE bring Cargo to Offline Arcade and Online, thank you.
    “There is always hope.”

I mean one cargo per map, instead of one on each side. I wasn't very clear in how I wrote it
    My name is Bob

• C'mon guys, this can't be super-difficult. Some of us would gladly play Cargo again, DICE PLZ
    He knew.