criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we get actual Cargo back?

Replies

• kjmotz wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    They tried to replace Cargo with Strike, it didn’t work. Bring back Cargo.

Strike is great! I think the best of 3 idea is good. It's also nice to have objective based play that moves quickly if you don't have time for big round, but don't want to just run around aimlessly shooting like in Blast.

What if they adopted the Strike model (best of 3 sort of thing) but instead of planting charges you had to move cargo, or secure drop pods?

I to enjoy Strike more than GA or Blast and I can’t really say why it doesn’t play like Cargo does, I guess it’s because in Strike each team has only one objective, to either complete or defend the objective where as in Cargo each team has to do both at the same time.
  • Would love Cargo back. I'll take any infantry mode at this point. GA doesn't do it for me (hero spam) and Strike I've played out. I've been maining Blast of all modes.
  • MWB33
    1409 posts Member
    @SAmulticore - you're up.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    @SAmulticore - you're up.

Lol, sure was quick.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i think for me stirke just sucks even more because i know how good the small infantry modes were in SWBF2015. Cargo, Drop Zone, Droid Run, Extraction, Sabotage. Strike is okay but those modes were just superior so it makes strike suck even more knowing they are not available in the new one. sure i could go back to bf2015, but i feel like at least some of them or something similar should be in this game.
  • Do it.
  • Beerus70
    54 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Dropzone and cargo would have me back full time with a lot of others I think. I just don't see much changing at this point other than new maps and heroes. The bright side is battlefield 2018, black ops 4, and red dead 2 will be out later this year.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    johnster17 wrote: »
    Do it.

• I’m thinking of loading up an old non-SW game with capture the flag to satisfy my appetite...playing BF2015 just makes me sad since I rather have it on BF2.

Also some new games are coming out soon and they will be taking my attention away from BF2 unless some great content is added soon. Come on developers!
  • BucksawBoushh
    6250 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Beerus70 wrote: »
    Dropzone and cargo would have me back full time with a lot of others I think. I just don't see much changing at this point other than new maps and heroes. The bright side is battlefield 2018, black ops 4, and red dead 2 will be out later this year.

Is BF2 fast enough for a mode like DZ? Don’t get me wrong, I would love DZ and Cargo to make a return, but I feel like BF15 was way smoother and just quicker paced overall. Mechanically, I don’t think DZ would port over the way we would all hope that it would.

Maybe (hopefully) I’m wrong on this.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member

Is BF2 fast enough for a mode like DZ? Don’t get me wrong, I would love DZ and Cargo to make a return, but I feel like BF15 was way smoother and just quicker paced overall. Mechanically, I don’t think DZ would port over the way we would all hope that it would.

I noticed that you didn't say you didn't think original cargo would port over.... :smiley: I hope it gets put in game, but for now I just hope we get some sort of acknowledgement.
  • Dash
    11742 posts Member
    edited April 2018

I believe this game is Way faster paced than 2015 Hands down.

You can bring a Bacta Bomb, Personal shield, Jump pack with Bodyguard Trait Trooper using a TL-50 or EE-3/4 from that game, and an Assault Trooper from this game would run circles around his arcade self.

That game was All about the Meta/Arcady/Vehicles on rails. This game is more True to the FPS Genre.

I’m 100% positive all those modes would Amplify Wonderfully if simply ported over.

A lot from that game needs to be brought here. “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” & “No need to reinvent the wheel” etc.

This game would Most Definitely Benefit from those modes.

Just my opinion.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Beerus70 wrote: »

You can bring a Bacta Bomb, Personal shield, Jump pack with Bodyguard Trait Trooper using a TL-50 or EE-3/4 from that game, and an Assault Trooper from this game would run circles around his arcade self.

That game was All about the Meta/Arcady/Vehicles on rails. This game is more True to the FPS Genre.

I’m 100% positive all those modes would Amplify Wonderfully if simply ported over.

A lot from that game needs to be brought here. “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” & “No need to reinvent the wheel” etc.

Just my opinion.

I agree with Dash. I think BF2 is definitely fast enough... especially with vanguard/infiltration running for the cargo. The use of rocket packs and power up specials made bf15 a little arcadey, but I think cargo in BF2 would transfer over nicely- no jet packs/rocket troopers needed unless they insist. Then limit the rocket trooper/Enforcer per team.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member

Just my opinion.

I agree with this too, I only see benefit from some of these game modes returning. Especially original cargo, and it's really true that they don't need to reinvent the wheel completely, not everything in BF2015 was broken!!!
  • d0kRX wrote: »

Just my opinion.

I agree with this too, I only see benefit from some of these game modes returning. Especially original cargo, and it's really true that they don't need to reinvent the wheel completely, not everything in BF2015 was broken!!!

BF2015 had better game modes imho. That’s why I played it non stop for 2 years. We need some variety. The current modes in bf2 are getting stale.
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • Hopefully the developer team “is looking at” this thread too, which is something I read about arcade star fighter assault, which I’m sorry, isn’t going to be that much of an improvement to the game compared to new multiplayer modes!

Star fighter assault already had a bunch of AI ships to destroy so its basically arcade with some other folks playing along.
  • Hopefully the developer team “is looking at” this thread too, which is something I read about arcade star fighter assault, which I’m sorry, isn’t going to be that much of an improvement to the game compared to new multiplayer modes!

Star fighter assault already had a bunch of AI ships to destroy so its basically arcade with some other folks playing along.

...bit harsh and certainly would less laggy ?

...bit harsh and certainly would less laggy ?

Maybe I woke up a bit grumpy :smile:

I don’t think it’s harsh though. I’m just not sure why arcade SA is worth looking into compared to increased online modes that would have a bigger captive audience playing. I know many that play this game and barely even play SA including me.

• Ppong_Man12
    3119 posts Member
    edited April 2018

No, not without jump packs, they added an element of speed this game will never have without them, period. One reason people hated JPs was because of the speed they brought to the game, good players seldom complained, or the ones I played with didn’t. And DZ without them is like cargo without the cargo imo, the speed is also what made dz such a competitive game imo. With no jump packs sure, the speed will be close, 15 still plays a little smoother imo, but without jumppacks the way they were in 15, dropzone isn’t dropzone. Cargo would be an easy port but not sure how well dropzone would would, especially if they add the hover troopers. Anything other than all infrantry ruins the game imo, if reinforcements are added why bother, just keep what we have.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • I disagree. I think BF15 was faster paced and required quicker reaction than BF2. At least the gunplay. And of course, the JP was a huge factor.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I disagree. I think BF15 was faster paced and required quicker reaction than BF2. At least the gunplay. And of course, the JP was a huge factor.

Agreed. I would be happy with just a port over if that’s even possible.
  • I would take Cargo and/or Drop Zone right now over any Season with one or two chopped up maps, a couple of heroes and a new vehicle. More infantry modes is a must at this stage in the game. Even one..
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    Casscaden wrote: »
    I disagree. I think BF15 was faster paced and required quicker reaction than BF2. At least the gunplay. And of course, the JP was a huge factor.

Agreed. I would be happy with just a port over if that’s even possible.

It is most definitely possible, the almighty developers are highly competent. But it just may not be their will in this case.

Please can we have original cargo back?

#MakeOriginalCargoGreatAgain!
  • I would take Cargo and/or Drop Zone right now over any Season with one or two chopped up maps, a couple of heroes and a new vehicle. More infantry modes is a must at this stage in the game. Even one..

That is a fact, any day-all day. I just don’t see GA holding up for the long run unless a constant of maps are heroes are always being added. Cargo/dz has such high replay value and competitive gameplay they never get old.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    For sure the game is in bad need of some new permanent modes. They say bf2 has 3 times the content bf2015 had at launch (I think it was on game homepage somewhere), which may technically be true. However regarding unique game modes, bf2015 has it best even at launch. Hence the strong desire to port over some of the old modes. The idea here is it might be simpler to bring some of the old modes back since they dont have to start from scratch. And well cargo was a bread and butter mode in bf2015 so it couldn't hurt to have it back here.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    For sure the game is in bad need of some new permanent modes. They say bf2 has 3 times the content bf2015 had at launch (I think it was on game homepage somewhere), which may technically be true. However regarding unique game modes, bf2015 has it best even at launch. Hence the strong desire to port over some of the old modes. The idea here is it might be simpler to bring some of the old modes back since they dont have to start from scratch. And well cargo was a bread and butter mode in bf2015 so it couldn't hurt to have it back here.

I think the only thing that puts it in the category of having more content is the fact it has a campaign and more offline modes. Online MP is better and offers much more on bf15.
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    BF2015 Cargo at Jabba's Palace was GREAT
    Bring back Cargo, great mode.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • How about we get Cargo - right after Extraction, Conquest and Battle Royal Ewok Addition?
  • Dash
    11742 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    How about we get Cargo - right after Extraction, Conquest and Battle Royal Ewok Addition?
    If I were a betting man (Which I am :wink: ), I’d say we get Extraction first out of all the smaller modes.

We’ll also be getting that Hybrid Conquest Mode as well. I’m looking forward to experiencing it with you all.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Kniphtee wrote: »
    How about we get Cargo - right after Extraction, Conquest and Battle Royal Ewok Addition?
    If I were a betting man (Which I am :wink: ), I’d say we get Extraction first out of all the smaller modes.

We’ll also be getting that Hybrid Conquest Mode as well. I’m looking forward to experiencing it with you all.

Double down on the deuces, wait for the flop. You're a good man - very positive, cheers...'Norm'.
    No, to the Battle Royal Ewok Edition?
  • Dash
    11742 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Double down on the deuces, wait for the flop. You're a good man - very positive, cheers...'Norm'.

For this Game’s iteration I’d say no.

However, I Would say from 2019 and on, Many other Franchises possibly including this one may make Side games dedicated to Royale Genre. I know COD will, and I’m positive Battlefield is in the mix also.

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

However, I Would say from 2019 and on, Many other Franchises possibly including this one may make Side games dedicated to Royale Genre. I know COD will, and I’m positive Battlefield is in the mix also.

And so be it - this game is good as is but would like a few other game modes and maps and ... the possibilities in the Star Wars landscape.
    Which avenger makes it? MCU talk is under 'big ears' so i assume it's 'k' in this (even off-topic)...pretty sure Cap and Thor don't make it...Loki is all but confirmed???
  • Dash
    11742 posts Member
    edited April 2018

And so be it - this game is good as is but would like a few other game modes and maps and ... the possibilities in the Star Wars landscape.
    Which avenger makes it? MCU talk is under 'big ears' so i assume it's 'k' in this (even off-topic)...pretty sure Cap and Thor don't make it...Loki is all but confirmed???

Make a post about Infinity War in Off-topic and Tag me, and I’ll dive in with the guys and speculate with ya :sunglasses:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Ppong_Man12
    3119 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Yep, I read that, black ops 4 may drop the campaign for a BR mode, battlefield 18 supposedly has a BR in testing, also saw where Red Dead may be doing one with input from top PUBG players. That’s a lot of BR lol.

Deal. I’d be playing until the end of time.

Deal. I’d be playing until the end of time.

Yes that would be satisfactory....
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    Just had a great game of cargo on bf2015. It was one of those clench your fists last second wins! Someday we should be able to experience it on BF2017.
    Bring original cargo to bf2017!
  • Coronal_Aurora
    145 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Just had a great game of cargo on bf2015. It was one of those clench your fists last second wins! Someday we should be able to experience it on BF2017.

Ahhh they are the best man!! Running for your life with the cargo, taking one or two down on the way hell bent on stopping you. Watching your teammates rallying around and getting that guy that's just about to shoot you in the back! Rolling into the base to avoid being shot and then you see the timer....1 sec....god I miss that feeling....

Although one of my favourite games ever ended with my team 6-4 up and the enemy just about to deliver the cargo with 1 sec left, somehow I managed a jumping cycler rifle headshot from a mile away to deny them the draw. Never gonna happen again!
  • I got frustrated with lag on BF2015 and snapped my disk a few months back. Honestly thinking about buying the game again just to play Cargo.

Get EA Access, can download it and other games too. cancel whenever you like.
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member

Ahhh they are the best man!! Running for your life with the cargo, taking one or two down on the way **** bent on stopping you. Watching your teammates rallying around and getting that guy that's just about to shoot you in the back! Rolling into the base to avoid being shot and then you see the timer....1 sec....god I miss that feeling....

Although one of my favourite games ever ended with my team 6-4 up and the enemy just about to deliver the cargo with 1 sec left, somehow I managed a jumping cycler rifle headshot from a mile away to deny them the draw. Never gonna happen again!
    Sounds like it was a great game! This is why we need actual cargo back!
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member
    I got frustrated with lag on BF2015 and snapped my disk a few months back. Honestly thinking about buying the game again just to play Cargo.

Honestly its pretty cheap now, you could probably find another disk on ebay for like 5 bucks. haha. I play on ps4 and it's still fairly easy to find nice sized matches.

#MakeOriginalCargoGreatAgainWithBF2017
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    I got frustrated with lag on BF2015 and snapped my disk a few months back. Honestly thinking about buying the game again just to play Cargo.

Honestly its pretty cheap now, you could probably find another disk on ebay for like 5 bucks. haha. I play on ps4 and it's still fairly easy to find nice sized matches.

...Just waiting to see the hate when multiple heavy ION turrets rain in death on pick up points - but seriously all he old modes would need some mode specific class tweaks/restrictions for it to work well. Frankly I would be all in for a single trooper class with BF15 E-11 blaster, side arm pistol and no cards
  • There’s no way the Devs haven’t taken notice to this Cargo thread.

Kudos @SAmulticore
  • There’s no way the Devs haven’t taken notice to this Cargo thread.

Kudos @SAmulticore

Once it reaches 700 posts and 5k views....they’ll ‘look into it’.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I got frustrated with lag on BF2015 and snapped my disk a few months back. Honestly thinking about buying the game again just to play Cargo.

Bargain bin at Gamestop, 4.99 as of yesterday.

You serious?
  • d0kRX
    1560 posts Member

See I was in the ball park!
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    That’s a lot of game for 5 bucks.
  • rollind24
    6021 posts Member

...Just waiting to see the hate when multiple heavy ION turrets rain in death on pick up points - but seriously all he old modes would need some mode specific class tweaks/restrictions for it to work well. Frankly I would be all in for a single trooper class with BF15 E-11 blaster, side arm pistol and no cards

I don’t think it’d be any different than stacking my own cargo area with a prox mine, Turret, probe Droid, and one of those other droids in BF 2015.
    #infantrylivesmatter