criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Releasing skins through challenges

The Luke challenges were way too easy. But the Leia ones are actually pushing me out of my comfort zone, and I like that. I never play SA and 5 matches of Jetpack Cargo is too much for me. Both of which mean I actually have to work for the skins. I really hope to see challenges like this in the future. It'd give players something to do. I know it'd be too tedious to release a new skin every weekend so my suggestion is make it take a month to earn one. How will this work? There'll be 4 parts to earning it, and they'll only appear during the weekends (there's obviously 4 weekends in one month). If all 4 challenges are beaten then the skin is unlocked. It's as simple as that. This would provide incentive for people to actually play the game sense many of us have already maxed out the star cards we wanted. I have faith in you EA/Dice. If you do this, then this game will be alive much longer.

Replies

• Do you guys think this is a good idea?
  • Seems good to me. Hopefully they’ll get more creative than “play this mode 5 times”. Something like “kill 10 people on the objective” where you can shoot people planting bombs, holding ion cannons, or hacking computers to progress. Not only would it require more brainpower, but it would have the added benefit of encouraging people to play the objective! Folks get skins, everyone gets better teammates; sounds like paradise to me!
  • OGPOTUS wrote: »
    Seems good to me. Hopefully they’ll get more creative than “play this mode 5 times”. Something like “kill 10 people on the objective” where you can shoot people planting bombs, holding ion cannons, or hacking computers to progress. Not only would it require more brainpower, but it would have the added benefit of encouraging people to play the objective! Folks get skins, everyone gets better teammates; sounds like paradise to me!

Exactly
  • I really like it, it's a way to make a skin easily obtainable, and like you said get people out of their comfort zones. One thing I would ask is not to do it with JPC in any future challenges.

I would like to see more interesting challenges, and in the future more objective based challenges, as I find them more enjoyable than pay X of y game type, or the kill based challenges.
  • Jet pack cargo took me out of my comfort zone. I would rather boil my nuts in tar than play it ever again!
  • Silverback wrote: »
    Jet pack cargo took me out of my comfort zone. I would rather boil my nuts in tar than play it ever again!

So basically you're saying you'd boil your **** if it meant you get a Leia skin? Same!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I think would be best making challenges linked to the hero.

Like:
    • Part 1: Get 30 Saber Rush kills
    • Part 2: Push 75 ennemies with Force Push
    • Part 3: Repulse 100 ennemies

Or

Objective based challenges:
    • Part 1: Capture 10 locations in GA
    • Part 2: Defeat 20 Targets in HvV
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Silverback wrote: »
    Jet pack cargo took me out of my comfort zone. I would rather boil my nuts in tar than play it ever again!

So basically you're saying you'd boil your **** if it meant you get a Leia skin? Same!

I'd boil my nuts in tar for a Jabba's palace Leia skin. :p
  • Beeece
    337 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

Like:

Or

Couldn't be anything directly related to the hero. Too many people trying to play the one hero would cause outright rage. The second scenario would work.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Beeece wrote: »

Like:

Or

Couldn't be anything directly related to the hero. Too many people trying to play the one hero would cause outright rage. The second scenario would work.

Ah, yes.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Beeece wrote: »

Like:

Or

Seems like the perfect time to release the new 20v20 Uni-hero HvV mode. Imagine, 40 Lukes blasting each other off ledges and spinning past each other like ballerinas. 40 Vaders choking each other like some alleyway **** club in Berlin. 40 Bobas zooming overhead at 200mph like some weird aerial Formula 1 race. Sounds like a party to me.
  • I want to unlock it in arcade mode.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member

Like:

Not a bad idea, but then everybody would be trying for it and it'll be difficult to get that hero. Especially if it were timed.
    I want to unlock it in arcade mode.

LOL, no.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • I enjoy the system as is. It allows me to get the reward I'm after (appearance) without having to carry the team to victory. I can just play the modes and whether I win or lose, still achieve this goal.