criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

How long does it take to level up a hero in HvV to the max?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited March 2018
Leveling up troops is relatively fast. Shouldn't take more than a day. How about leveling up say Boba or Palpatine?

Replies

• Long enough to pay someone to farm it for you!
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    I think it will vary based on the usual factors...skill of the player & opponents, as well as which hero/villain.

I spent between 4-5 hours yesterday playing strictly (& painfully) HvV. The goal was to get as many of my heroes that weren't level 25 up to that for making cards purple now & when CPs can be converted. In that time frame I leveled up the following:

Vader from 22 to 25. Leia from 24 to 25. Han from 22 to 25. Palps from 22 to 25. Chewy from 23 to 25. Lando from 24 to 25. Maul from 23 to 25. Iden from 23 to 25. Finn from 21 to 22.

I had mostly bad to average teams throughout, but maybe a half dozen good ones as well...all randoms. Hope this gives you an idea, at least for doing it through HvV.

(Side notes: Boba is at 24, so getting to 25 will be an easy 1-2 matches next time I play. Getting Finn up 1 level was an awful grind...getting him up 3 more is going to really hurt. From there it's on to grinding all my hero ships that are between 11-18)
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    Depends on your score... The lower your score is the longer it takes
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Boba is hard but i got him up 3 levels in the first day of new progression system.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• MWB33 wrote: »
    I think it will vary based on the usual factors...skill of the player & opponents, as well as which hero/villain.

I spent between 4-5 hours yesterday playing strictly (& painfully) HvV. The goal was to get as many of my heroes that weren't level 25 up to that for making cards purple now & when CPs can be converted. In that time frame I leveled up the following:

Vader from 22 to 25. Leia from 24 to 25. Han from 22 to 25. Palps from 22 to 25. Chewy from 23 to 25. Lando from 24 to 25. Maul from 23 to 25. Iden from 23 to 25. Finn from 21 to 22.

I had mostly bad to average teams throughout, but maybe a half dozen good ones as well...all randoms. Hope this gives you an idea, at least for doing it through HvV.

(Side notes: Boba is at 24, so getting to 25 will be an easy 1-2 matches next time I play. Getting Finn up 1 level was an awful grind...getting him up 3 more is going to really hurt. From there it's on to grinding all my hero ships that are between 11-18)

I’ll see you in 2035 when you finish that. Takes like 20 games for one level in a hero ship.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    OGPOTUS wrote: »
    MWB33 wrote: »

I’ll see you in 2035 when you finish that. Takes like 20 games for one level in a hero ship.

I'm going to approach similar to how I did for the torpedo milestones. Obliterate a ton of turrets out of the gate to get enough BPs for at least 2 ships. Re-spawn, knock out more turrets, and then alternate between AI bombers, objectives, & people.

For the 5 SA challenge I got Kamino & Ryloth (both sides), then I backed out and got Ryloth again for droids. In those 5 matches I took Iden from 11 to 12.5, Tallie from 11 to almost 12, Luke halfway from 11 to 12, and Boba from 16 halfway to 17.

I'm definitely going to get all the hero ships high enough to blue what I want. Then I'll probably just focus on 2-4 to make purple. You're right about it being a serious grind though. (good thing the wife is out of town next weekend when I get home from my work trip...2 full days to play as much as I want.) B)
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hero ships take forever so I won't bother, just Palp, Maul, Vader and Boba for now. Luke after maybe Chewy too.
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    Hero ships take forever so I won't bother, just Palp, Maul, Vader and Boba for now. Luke after maybe Chewy too.
    What level are they?

• Hero ships are going to take a while, but they are looking at earning rates so things that are really hard to level will probably get a boost. Starfighter Assult in general levels up slower than GA and Blast from my experience so far.

I don't mind hero ships being slow to level for now, I'm just happy I have an excuse to fly the ones I like that I finished the milestone for months ago. I got tired of feeling like I needed to spawn as the Falcon to finish it's milestones, so now I get to play more with Yoda and Maul, so that's a win in my book.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Meguro wrote: »
    What level are they?

Rare/Epic levels for hero ships are the same as the heroes.
    Hero ships are going to take a while, but they are looking at earning rates so things that are really hard to level will probably get a boost. Starfighter Assult in general levels up slower than GA and Blast from my experience so far.

I don't mind hero ships being slow to level for now, I'm just happy I have an excuse to fly the ones I like that I finished the milestone for months ago. I got tired of feeling like I needed to spawn as the Falcon to finish it's milestones, so now I get to play more with Yoda and Maul, so that's a win in my book.

Yeah, I saw that it's being looked at. I did a comparison between ships and reinforcements to see that right now the XP amounts needed to rank up are the same across all classes. I'm fine with the reinforcements, speeders, armor, & core ships being the same. Reinforcements, armor, & speeders have lower maximum ranks and BP costs. Core fighters are also fine. However, most people can't get multiple hero ships in a match, much less hold on to it for long enough to make consistent progress. IMO a 40% (at the least) reduction to hero ship XP requirements is in order, but I wouldn't object to it being a bit more.
    What level are they?

Hero ships are going to take a while, but they are looking at earning rates so things that are really hard to level will probably get a boost. Starfighter Assult in general levels up slower than GA and Blast from my experience so far.

Yeah, I saw that it's being looked at. I did a comparison between ships and reinforcements to see that right now the XP amounts needed to rank up are the same across all classes. I'm fine with the reinforcements, speeders, armor, & core ships being the same. Reinforcements, armor, & speeders have lower maximum ranks and BP costs. Core fighters are also fine. However, most people can't get multiple hero ships in a match, much less hold on to it for long enough to make consistent progress. IMO a 40% (at the least) reduction to hero ship XP requirements is in order, but I wouldn't object to it being a bit more.

I agree with you, it is the clearest thing that needs a boost that I've noticed so far. They are only available in one mode, and even if you're a great player you really can't guarantee your going to get a hero ship unless you respawn as soon as you get the points to grab one.

After they're on the battlefield it's a matter of luck to happen to be respawning when they die, or you sit in the menu and wait( which I never do as I feel it's kind of scummy and unfair, if my teammates have enough points to grab a hero or hero ship I don't think I have more of a right to them than they do.)
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    What level are they?

I was asking the OP what level does he have on each hero that he mentioned.

• OGPOTUS wrote: »

Lol
    rna2coi4kw2z.png
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Most of my heroes are maxed already (3 purples), but I can generally get a skill point per match with the likes of Vader and Boba. My Vader, Boba and Yoda are almost at 100% purples, just need 1-2 more for each.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Meguro wrote: »
    What level are they?

Boba is level 1 and Palpatine is 10 I think. Palp us hard to kill with though. I tried chasing and killing Leia and she kept running away and somehow regaining health. 1 minute later after constant frying and electrocuting her I got killed by Chewy and she survived.
  • Nice. Boba is hard to level up for me. His rocket barrage has to connect all the time to do good damage and he can't zoom in anymore so his shots go spraying in all directions now
  • I feel like when heroes reach 40 they should get something, even if it's just that the number 40 is in gold.
  • Maxing out any hero or class should unlock a fourth card slot at the bottom.
  • The BP to level up at around level 20 is about 20,000BP per level. You can do that in 1 very good, 2 good or 3 bad games of HvV.
    The thing that takes time is; the loading times, getting into a game where your chosen hero is free, and getting into a game with a good team, and no afk, and no lag.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nice, time to level Boba and Palp then. Maul and the rest will be faster. Palp is pretty weak now in HvV.:/
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Played a bunch of rounds last night and I usually get between 3/4ths or roughly 1 level per round.
    I feel like when heroes reach 40 they should get something, even if it's just that the number 40 is in gold.

That's a cool idea.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • lerodemmy
    3489 posts Member
    Nice, time to level Boba and Palp then. Maul and the rest will be faster. Palp is pretty weak now in HvV.:/

Huh?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Yeah Palp is weak if the lightning lags. So far in my games it did. Apparently if it doesn't then he melts heroes rather quickly.
  • Well since I got Bossk and Leia to 40, I can no longer get XP with Palps/Han and they are just stuck at 37....

I find its faster to level heroes than troopers tbh, for hero its 1 level per round of GA, and there are less levels to get than 70 with trooper
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    You must be a very good player to gain a level per match. I'm still a casual noob at bf2. For me to even get a hero in GA is hell.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Yeah Palp is weak if the lightning lags. So far in my games it did. Apparently if it doesn't then he melts heroes rather quickly.

You need to have them in your line of sight for the lighting to register. The dot in the center if the screen.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Ok will do.
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    What level are they?

Boba is level 1 and Palpatine is 10 I think. Palp us hard to kill with though. I tried chasing and killing Leia and she kept running away and somehow regaining health. 1 minute later after constant frying and electrocuting her I got killed by Chewy and she survived.
    With Palps focus on upgrading his Lighting Reach for the range, In Full control so you can use your lightning for a bit longer, and The Rule of Two to boost your damage. Use his dark aura ability when you are close to someone and that slows them down. For max damage use his Electrocute ability to stun your oponents (preferably from behind) Followed by his lightning with both hands (L2+R2 on PS4). Shouldn't take long for you to upgrade him.
    Boba might take you a while since he doesn't do much damage without decent cards.
    You also mentioned Maul and Vader... Since one of Maul's abilities is broken right now, it's hard to maximize his damage, which kinda reflects into your progress/upgrade.
    Vader is easy to upgrade. I went from lvl 26 to 40 in just 8 or 9 matches.

• Thanks for the tips, didn't know how to use both hands to electrocute with the Senate. Also heard Maul's throw attack works occasionally. What gives?
    What level are they?

Call me noob but i cannot seem to memorize the abilities of hero ships, as a result, i end up crashing into something and dont have enough BP until next game in which the same thing happens all over again. :)
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    Thanks for the tips, didn't know how to use both hands to electrocute with the Senate. Also heard Maul's throw attack works occasionally. What gives?
    The new patch messed up his saber throw. It does no damage at all, and when it does is just 1hp. The devs are already aware of that. All we gotta do is wait for them to fix it.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Getting stunned by lightsabers and being unable to block or escape is making HvV a terrible mess of a mod. Whoever starts swinging the lightsaber first is always guaranteed to win. Very hard to level Palp now.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Getting stunned by lightsabers and being unable to block or escape is making HvV a terrible mess of a mod. Whoever starts swinging the lightsaber first is always guaranteed to win.

Indeed. Once I get Finn & Boba to level 25 next weekend I won't be touching that mode again for quite some time.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't think I'll be able to stand this mode much any longer and use it to level up heroes. Devs couldn't have screwed it up any worse than it is.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Getting stunned by lightsabers and being unable to block or escape is making HvV a terrible mess of a mod. Whoever starts swinging the lightsaber first is always guaranteed to win. Very hard to level Palp now.

Palps can escape saber stun with his unique dash.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Can he? I'll try.