criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So, judging by the officer and blurrg nerf threads, I have compiled an accurate list of needs...

DarthJ
6183 posts Member
Summary below:

- health changed to 1HP. An officer should be downed with minimal effort after all!
- battle command actually removes health off you for using it. Teammates get 1HP added.
- The flash grenade doesn't blind the opponent, and instead leaves a giant marker pointing at the officer who tried to throw it.
- The turret doesn't kill - it instead sends out a friendly reminder of where the objective is to the opponent.
- The shield can be shot through completely, and only works for opponents who run in and steal it.
- Officers Presence actually should decrease your teammates health if it is in your hand, and makes you lose battlepoints when used.
- weapons: blurrg - now turned into a blurrg water pistol with 0 damage, but very fun to use on Tatooine with it being so hot!
- SE-44C - allows one shot before it overheats. Cooling mod allows a whole extra shot before again overheating.
- S5 - drop off in damage to 0 for anything more than 5cm in front of the officer

Did I miss anything?
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

  • Brilliant!
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • DarthJ
    6183 posts Member
    Homing Shot must also loop around and hit the person who fired it.

    Good point and well constructed. Logical point
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • alunguy wrote: »
    I'm sure the people wanting the officer nerfed will still be killed by them after these changes and come here to complain.
    "Help! I just got melee'd to death by an officer after his water pistol blinded me!"
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Honestly though:

    People have asked for Officer health to go to 100.

    People have asked for another Blurgg nerf.

    People have asked for another SE nerf.

    People have asked for battle command to only buff teammates.

    People have asked for officers presence not to give BP.

    People have asked for the turret to be removed.

    People have asked for flash grenade to a) be removed b) not do damage c) not affect movement.


    Its not that far removed a summary OP.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • After a maximum of two officers spawn in, the class should be made unavailable for the rest of the team as it is too immersion breaking to have too many officers running around.

  • Great post but I’m afraid the three or four usual suspects would still not be happy. They would want to see further nerfs to the officer. Even if the devs armed him with just a paintball gun they would say his undercoat was too OP and made a mess of their armour.
  • LOL!!
  • DarthJ
    6183 posts Member
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Great post but I’m afraid the three or four usual suspects would still not be happy. They would want to see further nerfs to the officer. Even if the devs armed him with just a paintball gun they would say his undercoat was too OP and made a mess of their armour.

    Yes, or the size of the officers pants
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Dash
    11536 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Octavarius wrote: »
    Great post but I’m afraid the three or four usual suspects would still not be happy. They would want to see further nerfs to the officer. Even if the devs armed him with just a paintball gun they would say his undercoat was too OP and made a mess of their armour.

    Yes, or the size of the officers pants

    They need to be Even Tighter to match that Stern look on their Faces!!! :sunglasses: :lol:
    3cdlt3tswwqs.jpeg
    z2t2mzjp5lgy.jpeg
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    the devs are listening and the next patch will contain the following officer weapon changes...

    -Pea shooter
    -water pistol
    -nerf gun
    -spud gun

    the above maybe a bit OP but we will be watching the threads if further nerfs are required.

    thanks

    @Castrate_the_officer :)
  • Clone201
    3660 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    You forgot some...

    - Recharge Command actually doubles the recharge time of your abilities, for the officer who held it, while it has no effect on your allies.

    - Blast Command gives you infinite cooling for only 1 second.

    These are some I could come up with.

    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • :) Thx for this. It put a big smile on my face.
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    If an officer buffs rey, it reduces insight range by 75%, slows her saber speed, mind trick is unusable, and she loses 100 health.

    Do you think that this will stop rey?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Actually revisiting this I think what's needed is to replace officers presence with another starcard.
    For want of a better name it will be called 'Officer sends his apologies' card. Automatically activated whenever he kills someone. He immediately says sorry and produces a bunch of condolence flowers to lay at his victims still twitching feet.
  • JAREDUP
    1489 posts Member
    Also whenever the officer gun overheats it damages him because it's too hot
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Octavarius wrote: »
    Actually revisiting this I think what's needed is to replace officers presence with another starcard.
    For want of a better name it will be called 'Officer sends his apologies' card. Automatically activated whenever he kills someone. He immediately says sorry and produces a bunch of condolence flowers to lay at his victims still twitching feet.

    i actually would love RP elements like this.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Jbstiner
    2666 posts Member
    What about an “I am not a committee” card that requires the signature of four opposing players before any turret can be placed.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • The Officer should walk 100% slower
    And he can’t melee.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Clone201
    3660 posts Member
    Clone Officers should take more damage than Clones who wear armor in the Clone Wars Era. Makes sense, right?
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • how about these?

    Turret: turret just spews flowers and rainbows before exploding in the officer's face

    Shield: closes around the officer preventing him from leaving the shield and it still can be shot through

    Officer's presence: attracts every sniper bolt to the officer

    Bluurg: for every trigger pull, the officer must get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness and admit that he didn't want to actually try

    Flash grenade: when used, it sticks to the officer's hand, blinds him, and cripples his arms preventing him from doing anything for 3 minutes
    2aHWXlI.gif
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Summary below:

    - health changed to 1HP. An officer should be downed with minimal effort after all!
    - battle command actually removes health off you for using it. Teammates get 1HP added.
    - The flash grenade doesn't blind the opponent, and instead leaves a giant marker pointing at the officer who tried to throw it.
    - The turret doesn't kill - it instead sends out a friendly reminder of where the objective is to the opponent.
    - The shield can be shot through completely, and only works for opponents who run in and steal it.
    - Officers Presence actually should decrease your teammates health if it is in your hand, and makes you lose battlepoints when used.
    - weapons: blurrg - now turned into a blurrg water pistol with 0 damage, but very fun to use on Tatooine with it being so hot!
    - SE-44C - allows one shot before it overheats. Cooling mod allows a whole extra shot before again overheating.
    - S5 - drop off in damage to 0 for anything more than 5cm in front of the officer

    Did I miss anything?

    We're halfway there ;)

    On a serious note, Officer is still better than Assault :)
    Maybe they should buff Assault main guns instead ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!